Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
- Government Secrecy At All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Syria "Welcomes" Larger Russia Presence | ZeroHedge
- Welfare Nation Alert: Disability Fund To Run Out Of Cash In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Default Risk Soars After Ukraine's 'American' FinMin Suggests Severe Haircuts For Creditors (Including Russia) | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Americans Spent All Their "Gas Savings" On Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German police find no 'smoking gun' in crash pilot... | Business Insider
- Think twice before pulling up personal information online from a... | Business Insider
- These two charts show how the... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The captain of the Germanwings plane reportedly tried... | Business Insider
- Iran talks reach fever pitch amid calls for compromise | Business Insider
- Why pandemic disease and war are so similar | Business Insider