Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
- China Demonstrates "Sea Combat Ability" With Live Fire Drill Video | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- "It Depends On What The Meaning Of The Word "Some" Is": Goldman Says Don'tt Read Too Much Into Fed Statement | ZeroHedge
- Pre-FOMC Humor: Bubbles Everywhere... And Now In Space | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 5 US Stocks Now In Bear Market | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Tom Cruise is Hollywood’s last movie star | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- After more than a decade revolutionizing comedy, here's what Jon Stewart is doing next... | Business Insider
- MOBILE ORDER-AHEAD: Quick-service restaurants like Taco Bell are using mobile... | Business Insider
- Migrants storm Eurotunnel in bid to reach England | Business Insider
- The former 'Kremlin banker' describes how Putin's mind works | Business Insider
- US hits Russian firms and people with more sanctions | Business Insider