Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banks Biggest Concern Should Be Market Stability | ZeroHedge
- Gold - Watch the €1000 Level | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
- First CalPERS, Now Texas Teachers Cut Hedge Fund Exposure | ZeroHedge
- The Origins and Implications of the Scottish Referendum | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to Position for a Turnaround at Oil Servicer McDermott | TheStreet.com
- France carries out first air strikes in Iraq: Hollande | Business Insider
- CHART: Apple Had A Record Number Of People Waiting For The... | Business Insider
- 5 Memory Strategies For Learning Anything Fast | Business Insider
- This Is Not The End Of The Story... | Business Insider
- Second apparent leak of hacked celebrity nude... | Business Insider
- Google May Ban Android Developers Who Do Not... | Business Insider