Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volkswagen and the Euro: Preliminary Thoughts | Financial Sense
- Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Plunges Over 20% In Past Two Months, Loses Nearly $4 Billion In AUM | ZeroHedge
- All Bad at 0%? | Financial Sense
- I MiSS BoeHNeR... | ZeroHedge
- Participation Rate Crashes To October 1977 Level: Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 579,000 To Record 94.6 Million | ZeroHedge
- Overshooting to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Russia Says Syria Air Raids To Last "3-4 Months" As Moscow Releases New Videos Of Strikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West | Business Insider
- These medical diagnoses are too strange to believe | Business Insider
- Jordanian MP says son joined IS, carried out suicide... | Business Insider
- Joaquin lashes Bahamas; Powerful hurricane could... | Business Insider
- Missouri governor commutes sentence for condemned man | Business Insider
- Alabama judges use segregation-era law to avoid gay... | Business Insider
- Thickening haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup swim... | Business Insider