Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: Lack Of Perspective | ZeroHedge
- Christian Malanga: New Government Could Free the Congo and Provide Vast Opportunity for Investors | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- Trump Obamacare Repeal Blew Up Bigly Because of a House Divided Against Itself | ZeroHedge
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Video: Mass Panic Strikes Bellagio As Robbers In Pig Masks Open Fire Inside Rolex Store | ZeroHedge
- In Stinging Defeat, House Republicans Abandon Obamacare Repeal Effort | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HILLARY CLINTON: 'Today was a victory for all Americans' | Business Insider
- Honeywell joins Atlanta IoT research center | Business Insider
- We should never have told people to start taking vitamins | Business Insider
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000 | Business Insider
- GE chief Jeff Immelt has an 'added incentive' to slash costs... | Business Insider
- Chart shows just how lopsided the NBA is right now | Business Insider
- 'All of us are essentially in the dark': Adam... | Business Insider