Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- How Will Gold Respond to Global Deflation? | Financial Sense
- Name That Chart | iBankCoin.com
- The Next Shoe Just Dropped: Court Denies Attorney-Client Privilege | ZeroHedge
- "Timestamp Fraud": A Rigged Market Explained In One Simple Animation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The Easiest Way To Core A Head Of Lettuce | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- 21 Awesome Easter Eggs In 'Grand Theft Auto V' | Business Insider
- Teen Suspended For Asking Miss America To Prom During A School Assembly... | Business Insider
- Here's What Happens To Investments On 'Shark Tank' After The... | Business Insider
- Google Is Planning A $100 Smartphone [Report] (GOOG) | Business Insider