Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Discusses “Tools”: She’s 70% Confident That Rates Will Be Between 0 and 4.5% in 2018 | Financial Sense
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Dear Janet... A Memo From Millennials To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Did the Market Just Hit a Barrier? | Financial Sense
- Just 3 Charts | ZeroHedge
- Is This Hillary Clinton's Roadmap For America? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Our best shot at finding aliens may be red, dim, and angry little stars | Business Insider
- Relations between US and Russia are coming out of a deep... | Business Insider
- The maker of EpiPens says it gives thousands to schools for free – and may get huge... | Business Insider
- Why you won't find a trash can near the 9/11 memorial | Business Insider
- Schools aren't teaching the most important subject for kids | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley investor says the... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek