Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow's Worst Day Since January Despite Crude Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- Buffett On Europe: Germany Must Stop Greek Dog Peeing On Its Carpet | ZeroHedge
- Greek Pensioners To Fund Ukraine's Government: Syriza Will Tap Pension Funds To Pay IMF | ZeroHedge
- Global Oil Glut Could Further Depress Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Could Oil Prices Plummet A Second Time? | ZeroHedge
- GDP Shocker: Atlanta Fed Calculates Q1 Growth Of Only 1.2% | ZeroHedge
- The Silence of the Lambs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton's team insists she didn't have... | Business Insider
- The company that sells 'the dress' was... | Business Insider
- Here is a photo President Clinton took with America's most famous... | Business Insider
- Coetzer takes Scotland to World Cup record heights... | Business Insider
- A tour of the most expensive Airbnb listing in San Francisco | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek