Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank: "It Was Good While It Lasted" | ZeroHedge
- Softer Hard Data Weighs on Stocks | Financial Sense
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Excess Is Unlike Anything The World Has Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Finally, someone made a work-appropriate backpack that makes sense for... | Business Insider
- Another senior staffer has left a struggling hedge fund... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis describes some of Europe's refugee centers as... | Business Insider
- New technology could change the way the stock market operates... | Business Insider
- Facebook says the first technology to replace smartphones will... | Business Insider
- Now's a great time to be a stock picker | Business Insider
- America has an internet problem — but a radical change could solve... | Business Insider