Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Expert: Global Investors Fleeing Negative Rates for "Risky Instruments" | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Jumps Before Fed Rate Decision and Durable Goods Plunge | Financial Sense
- Corrupt Or Just Stupid? Markets Hand Corporations An Unlimited Credit Card | ZeroHedge
- Richard Koo: If Helicopter Money Succeeds, It Will Lead To 1,500% Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Execs Flee GLD - The revolving door at the SPDR Gold Trust Sponsor | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Up 1.6%, Silver Surges 3.7% After Poor U.S. Data and Dovish Fed | ZeroHedge
- Policy Error? Dollar Drops, Yield Curve Flattens, Gold Surges After Hawkish-er Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' alums tell Chelsea Handler why they're not voting for... | Business Insider
- 42 mouthwatering foods everyone should try in Japan | Business Insider
- India wants to develop a fleet of near fifth-generation fighters with Russia | Business Insider
- One reason why Europe's war against terrorism is ineffective | Business Insider
- Apple sold its billionth iPhone | Business Insider
- Astronomers are trying to do the... | Business Insider
- The US smart home... | Business Insider