Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Selling Resumes After CEO Assures Employees Bank Is "Absolutely Rock Solid" | ZeroHedge
- Either Banks Are Cheap... Or The Market's Gonna Crash | ZeroHedge
- Three Reasons To Be Worried About The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Google Or Apple, FactSet Asks "Who's Bigger"? | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- After Crashing, Deutsche Bank Is Forced To Issue Statement Defending Its Liquidity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Futures are falling (SPY, DJI, IXIC, SPX, GLD, GLX, DB, QQQ, USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- 10 books every new manager should read | Business Insider
- UAE says ready to support anti-IS coalition with troops | Business Insider
- The origins of the world’s strangest sports traditions | Business Insider
- Get ready for the LED takeover | Business Insider
- 5 lessons from a 17-year-old genius who earns $30,000 a... | Business Insider
- Master one of the fastest-growing coding languages with the... | Business Insider