Cue the $100 Roll
3M Co. (MMM) has been an incredible investment this year, increasing 30% while paying out a 2.5% annual dividend yield. The Post-It Note King could finally surpass the $100 share price before the end of the year.
Barron's put out a piece today titled 3M Can Post Further Gains. Thanks to today's news that 3M is going to pickup Ceradyne (CRDN) for about $860 million the company will be able to post further gains. Ceradyne means 3M will rake in more revenue in a number of industries, from energy to defense and transportation.
3M sports a P/E of 15 and its shares have been on a steady incline since summer. With the market trading sideways for the foreseeable future 3M looks attractive for a slow climb while paying out a dividend. Ceradyne could finally put 3M over the $100 price level.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- El-Erian Warns Of "Enormous Risk In Public Markets... Better Seller Of Stocks Than Buyer" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Time To Be A Contrarian? | ZeroHedge
- October Comex Gold "Deliveries" | ZeroHedge
- Is Information On Google's Ties To The U.S. Government Wikileaks’ Next Focus? | ZeroHedge
- Hacking Democracy | ZeroHedge
- US 'Relocated' ISIS Terrorists Out Of Iraq, Into Syria To Fight Assad | ZeroHedge
- Unraveling The Aleppo / Mosul Riddle | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Curt Schilling surprises Jake Tapper by asking if he can explain why Jews... | Business Insider
- Apple could learn a thing or two from Nintendo's surprise... | Business Insider
- Verizon has major ad tech and video ambitions (VZ) | Business Insider
- Inside an eerie California gold rush town that laid abandoned for 70 years | Business Insider
- These amazing photos show how American women took... | Business Insider
- Republicans respond in fury to Obama's Obamacare... | Business Insider
- Duke and Harvard — yes, Harvard — are locked in a recruiting battle for... | Business Insider