Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Gold Investors Finally Capitulating? | Financial Sense
- A Veteran Trader Slams The Fed: "Savers Are The Patsies For Share Buybacks" | ZeroHedge
- Top Factors Undermining Any Oil Price Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Surges, Then Fades After Hours On User Growth Confusion: The Full Quarter In 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
- Compromised Hedge Funder Joins BOE In Revolving Door Roundtrip | ZeroHedge
- There May Be Hope For The U.S. Yet: Caitlyn Jenner's Reality Show "No Ratings Bonanza" | ZeroHedge
- One Economic Datapoint, Two Vastly Different Interpretations | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why China is desperate to prop up the stock market | Business Insider
- An iPhone feature most people never find is doing something amazing for the... | Business Insider
- An ex-NBA player who blew nearly $100 million is turning his life around while working... | Business Insider
- Why live TV will be mostly irrelevant in the future | Business Insider
- This tragic story reveals shows why it's been so difficult to find MH370 in the... | Business Insider
- China's stock market crash will make Beijing's... | Business Insider
- A Texas lawmaker just compared Planned Parenthood to Nazi Germany | Business Insider