Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Reason to Look for a Precious Snapback | iBankCoin.com
- 19 Out Of 19 | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Guess Who The Dirtiest Dirty Shirt Is | ZeroHedge
- VACATION IS OVER | iBankCoin.com
- New Cold War: The “Putinization” of Uranium | Financial Sense
- Two Issues for the Fed: When and How | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Teenagers Are Actually Starting To Use Twitter... In Part To Escape The '... | Business Insider
- A Shareholder Just Took His Grievance About JP Morgan's Parking Lots Right To Jamie... | Business Insider
- Taco Bell Sent Love Letters And Jewelry To A Bunch Of B-List Models | Business Insider
- 12 Signs That You're Burnt Out | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning (MSFT, AMZN, AAPL, AAPL, YHOO) | Business Insider
- The Tracking Solutions That Could Lead An Explosion In Mobile Marketing | Business Insider
- A Bomb-Sniffing Navy Dolphin Accidentally Found A Rare 130-Year-Old Torpedo | Business Insider