Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
- US Sanctions 271 Syrians, Freezes Their US Assets | ZeroHedge
- Nordstrom Selling Fake-Mud Jeans For $425 | ZeroHedge
- JD Power Lowers 2017 Auto SAAR As High Discounts "Threaten Industry's Long-Term Health" | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Real Emmanuel Macron: Consummate Banker Puppet, Bizarre Elitist Creation | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Maduro - Selling The Golden Goose | ZeroHedge
- WTI/RBOB Tumble After Surprise Crude, Gasoline Builds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hardware investor took apart the $400 Juicero machine and discovered why it’s so... | Business Insider
- US moves THAAD anti-missile defense system to South Korean site as North Korea boasts firepower | Business Insider
- LeBron James robotically recalled the exact details of a play and laughed about his... | Business Insider
- Snapchat is growing faster than its competitors in Germany | Business Insider
- Here's what you need to know about... | Business Insider
- Nordstrom is selling a pair of dirty jeans for $425 — and people are furious (... | Business Insider
- THE VOICE ASSISTANT LANDSCAPE REPORT: How artificially intelligent voice assistants are changing... | Business Insider