Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- Nomura First Major Bank to Predict China Default; BIS Sounds Alarm | Financial Sense
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Five Killed At Washington State Mall; Manhunt For Gunman Continues | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Caves To Pressure On Migrant Policy: "Germany Has Done Enough", As Support For AfD Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend, Gennifer Flowers, Confirms She Will "Definitely Be At The Debate" | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary 2016" Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Minecraft for iPhone and Android is about to get a lot better (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 99.9999999% of your body is empty space | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- We're paying off $124,000 in student loans using this handy... | Business Insider
- This professional bridesmaid says losing her job as a copywriter was one of the best... | Business Insider
- Watch the US Navy test out one of its newest ships... | Business Insider
- THE EVERYTHING SHIPPER: Amazon and the new age of delivery (... | Business Insider