Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Saudi Arabia Just Suffer Its Largest Foreign Capital Flight In 15 Years? | ZeroHedge
- S&P Tumbles Into Red Year-To-Date, Gold Goes Green | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- China's Stock Bubble Leaves BNP Speechless: "What Happens Next Is An Unknown-Unknown" | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
- Are you Ready to Have Your Faces Chewed Off by Rabid Dogs? | iBankCoin.com
- AIIB, SDRs, and the Yuan – Latest Developments | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nigeria wraps up presidential election campaign | Business Insider
- Fortune Magazine says Mario Draghi is the world's second-best leader (EUR, USD) | Business Insider
- PGA golfer made what is being called the craziest birdie in golf history | Business Insider
- Apple Watch app developers are facing a load of... | Business Insider
- YouTube stars Dan & Phil created an over-the-top video to announce their... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- 3 of America's most powerful Democrats are based in this small corner of... | Business Insider