Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "No Inflation" Friday: The Dollar Has Lost 83.3% Against... | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Has Theory and History on Its Side | Financial Sense
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- "When Does The Party End?”" - Goldman Finds Revenue Multiples Have Never Been Higher | ZeroHedge
- Pro-Russia Gunmen Block OSCE Monitors Entering Ukraine; Stymie Obama's Plan | ZeroHedge
- Treasuries Tumble Most In 6 Months As Trannies Soar To New Highs | ZeroHedge
- WWE: Sold to You, Sir | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Chart You Should See: Fannie and Freddie | TheStreet.com
- A New Book Examines The World’s Love-Hate... | Business Insider
- New Users In India And China Will Dominate... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Beware the Bears | TheStreet.com
- Malaysia Airlines 777 Disappears Over South China Sea, 239 People Aboard | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- MIKE HUCKABEE: 'The Only Time Vladimir Putin Shivers Is When... | Business Insider