Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Hong Kong Risks Losing Its Role As A Financial Capital," Deutsche Bank Chief Economist Warns | ZeroHedge
- The US Is Now 50% More Unequal Than Ancient Rome (And That Includes Slaves) | ZeroHedge
- Casinos Hoping for a Playable Hand | iBankCoin.com
- "I Am Putting Everything In Goldman Sachs Because These Guys Can Do Whatever The Hell They Want" | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- The Last Time Traders Were This Short 2Y Notes, Rates Collapsed | ZeroHedge
- "The Information War For Ukraine" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple May Release A New iMac With An Ultra Sharp Retina Display Soon (AAPL) | Business Insider
- International Wealth Managers Are Flocking To Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- AOL's Tim Armstrong To Speak At IGNITION | Business Insider
- Ebola Drugmaker Shares Surge After CDC Confirms First US Case (TKMR, BCRX) | Business Insider
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Actress Says The Hardest Part About Season 4 Was A Major... | Business Insider
- Mark Hurd Explains Why Oracle Needs Two CEOs (ORCL) | Business Insider
- Elon Musk Is By Far The Richest Person In The Car Business (... | Business Insider