Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bought Back Into MAA For $67.74 | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Ignore Overnight Newsflow, Prepare For More Yen-Driven Momentum Ignition | ZeroHedge
- Watch As Donetsk Locals Stop A Ukraine Tank | ZeroHedge
- 85% of Pension Funds to Fail in Three Decades | Financial Sense
- Gold Tumbles Most In 4 Months On China Demand Slowdown Fears | ZeroHedge
- 4 Key Reasons for CAPEX Accelerating | Financial Sense
- Blowback: Protesters In Kiev Demand Resignation Of Ukraine President | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CLIFF ASNESS: 'You're Giving Me That Look That I Get When I Talk To Women... | Business Insider
- Sitting At Work Is Deadly, So We Tried A Treadmill Desk | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer on Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Police Don't Believe North Dakota Neo-Nazi Leader Tied To Anti-Semitic... | Business Insider
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Is Retiring After Sunday Night’s Episode | Business Insider
- Yahoo, Still Stuck In Neutral (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Cliff Asness Discusses The Basic Investing Strategy That's Made Him One Of The Most Successful... | Business Insider