Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: Allergan, Pfizer To Combine In Biggest Ever Tax-Inversion, Defy Jack Lew | ZeroHedge
- Malinvestment Lunacy Exposed As US Money Supply Growth Finally Begins To Crack | ZeroHedge
- The Rats and The Sinking Ship | ZeroHedge
- Sarah Ballantyne on The Paleo Approach and the Autoimmune Protocol | Financial Sense
- S&P Just Warned Asia's Largest Commodity Trader It May Be Junked | ZeroHedge
- It Wasn't Us - Pentagon Shrugs At "Exaggerating, Sloppy, Uncaring" Russian Jet Shootdown | ZeroHedge
- "Your Debt Bubble Is Here" - The Updated Leverage Cycle Map | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pennsylvania teen misses turn, accidently runs full... | Business Insider
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police | Business Insider
- 7 non-GMO foods that are totally unnatural | Business Insider
- Babies crawl, and bawl, to finish line in Japan race | Business Insider
- Messi, Suarez, Neymar on list for UEFA Team of the Year | Business Insider
- Sponsor's fury over Evergrande football kit switch | Business Insider
- US stocks slip in early trading, following Europe lower | Business Insider