Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Real' Minimum Wage Exposed: Urban Outfitters Asks Staff To Work Weekends For Free | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Demolition Extends To 6th Day As EM/Asian FX Soars Most In Over 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Dow Is Up 1000 Points From Post-Payrolls Lows | ZeroHedge
- How to Become a Superforecaster | Financial Sense
- Liquidity Strains Reappear As China's "Golden Week" Stock & Housing Market Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- Crude Jumps Back Above $50 As US Oil Rig Count Declines For 6th Straight Week | ZeroHedge
- Zweig Breadth Thrust Signal | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Receding floodwaters lead to homecoming heartbreak | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Bale vows to lead Wales to Euro 2016 finals | Business Insider
- Poachers kill 4 in anti-poaching patrol in Congo park | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' actress says she was... | Business Insider