Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ask The Expert – Hugo Salinas Price! | ZeroHedge
- Gold Sovereigns Bought by Greeks in Volume - Bank Runs and New Greek Drachmas Designed | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Tumble As Pace Of Rig Count Decline Slows | ZeroHedge
- Senate Passes One-Week DHS-Funding Stop-Gap Bill, House Expected To Pass | ZeroHedge
- China Just Sided With Russia Over The Ukraine Conflict | ZeroHedge
- $1,000/oz For Silver (Today): A Starting Point | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Head For Best Month Since Oct 2011 As US Macro Crashes To 12-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Jack Daniel's makes so much whiskey in such an old distillery | Business Insider
- The internet is losing its composure over this dress that might be white and gold or... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The BMW i8 supercar is officially the best car in the UK right now | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- S. Africa family reunited with child snatched in 1997 | Business Insider
- NY regulator puts 3 European banks in FX probe | Business Insider