Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- The Farce Of European Stocks (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- Institutional Fish: "It's All Just A Pretend Game" | ZeroHedge
- The World Series Of Real Estate | ZeroHedge
- Shots Fired At High School North Of Seattle; 6 Reportedly Injured, Possible 2 Fatal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SODASTREAM EXPLODES (SODA, PEP) | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Researchers At Harvard Discovered A Potential New Treatment For Ebola | Business Insider
- Look Inside The Stunning New Cafe Where Apple Employees Eat Their Meals | Business Insider
- Scientists Who Discovered Ebola Almost Caused A Disaster: 'It Makes Me... | Business Insider
- This Is The Jet China Built To Compete With Western Airliners | Business Insider
- Beats Music Will Become Part Of iTunes Next Year (AAPL) | Business Insider