Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P 500 Melts Up Over 100 Points In 3 Days, Nears All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Competition Finally Upsets the Biggest Monopoly of All: OPEC | Financial Sense
- The Fed NEEDS Inflation Otherwise the Bond Bubble Will Burst | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
- Yellen Decoupled Stocks From Oil, BofA Warns It Won't Last | ZeroHedge
- Just One Question About Yesterday's Last Minute "Berserk ETF" Freak Out | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McDonald's Highest-Calorie Menu Item Is In Crisis | Business Insider
- 16 Awesome Retro Airplane Paint Jobs That Need To Make A Comeback | Business Insider
- Young People Are Risky Investors — And It Isn't Paying Off | Business Insider
- Pakistan slammed for resuming executions after... | Business Insider
- How To Get The Perfect Shave At Home | Business Insider
- Phelps dodges jail in drunk driving case | Business Insider
- "Earthquake" needed to change 2022 World Cup -... | Business Insider