Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- Facebook Introduces "Political Bias" Training For Employees | ZeroHedge
- The Real Story Behind Brexit | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
- Brexit or Not, Mediterranean Political Uncertainty Will Roil the EU | Financial Sense
- Fortunes Will Be Made & Lost When Capital Flees To Safety | ZeroHedge
- Synthetic Biology - Using Machines to Reprogram DNA | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Brexit will create 'significant challenges' for universities | Business Insider
- The best campsite in every state | Business Insider
- This man used his Powerball winnings to buy his town a fire... | Business Insider
- A conversation with a friend made me wonder if I'm thinking about... | Business Insider
- 9 of history's greatest philosophers reveal the secret... | Business Insider
- A tiny bit of good news | Business Insider
- Scotland will start a drive to remain in the EU | Business Insider