Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Deep State's Top Choice For President Is... | ZeroHedge
- Apple Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Julian Assange Thinks About Voting For Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Baby Boomers Are Drowning In Loans: Debt Of Average 67-Year-Old Soared 169% In Past 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- Fish: The Overlooked Destabilizer in the South China Sea | Financial Sense
- Banking On A Bounce? Jamie Dimon Vs The Credit Market | ZeroHedge
- America's Corrupt Media – How Reporters Took Direct Orders From Hillary's Staff | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These mind-bending photos were taken by drone and will give you vertigo | Business Insider
- Donald Trump confronts audience in another GOP debate after loud boos | Business Insider
- A new peace deal for Syria effectively gives Russia and Assad '... | Business Insider
- Google and Alphabet's 20 most ambitious moonshot projects | Business Insider
- This could be Trump's biggest weakness in a state... | Business Insider
- Europe's market turmoil could delay a rise in... | Business Insider
- A banker stopped Larry Ellison from buying the Warriors and it was the best... | Business Insider