Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soaring Lease Returns Set To Wreak Havoc Used Car Pricing and Auto Industry Profits | ZeroHedge
- El-Erian Warns "Investors Are Underestimating Sudden Policy Shifts" | ZeroHedge
- How We Got Here | ZeroHedge
- A Preview Of Trump's Seven Imminent Executive Orders | ZeroHedge
- Julian Assange Addresses Public Concerns Regarding Riseup Canary Statement | ZeroHedge
- Rubio Saves Tillerson Confirmation In 11-10 Vote | ZeroHedge
- Sean Spicer Gives First Official White House Press Conference - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump could teach Pharma investors a hard lesson | Business Insider
- A Harvard junior who received internship offers from Google, Apple,... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 6 quarterbacks drafted before Tom Brady in the infamous... | Business Insider
- The first images from NASA's descent onto Saturn's... | Business Insider
- GEORGE SOROS: Trump is a con man and he will fail | Business Insider
- Tom Brady expresses confusion over phone calls with Trump: 'Why does that make... | Business Insider
- One of the smartest minds in the bond market talks us through... | Business Insider