Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
- Radioactive Iodine Leak Reported At Norwegian Nuclear Research Reactor | ZeroHedge
- Are You Ready? | ZeroHedge
- Mozambique Bonds Crash On Plans To Restructure After Government Admits Nation In "Debt Distress" | ZeroHedge
- Larry Lindsey Silences CNBC: "The Most Dangerous Candidate Is The One The Media Is Paying The Least Attention To" | ZeroHedge
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
- This Is The Chinese Firm Whose Cameras Took Down The Internet On Friday | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- First task for Spain's new government: Clear the... | Business Insider
- The World Economic Forum's annual gender gap report is out and the outlook... | Business Insider
- Steve Kerr and Gregg Popovich wore 'ugly' ties in... | Business Insider
- This new music streaming app targets avid fans | Business Insider
- Why smart devices are so vulnerable to cyber attacks | Business Insider
- Merck raises its full-year forecast because one drug has been crushing it (MRK) | Business Insider
- Marijuana stocks are going crazy ahead of elections that could transform their... | Business Insider