Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Expect A Sizeable Sell-Off" - One Hedge Fund's Four Mega-Bearish Trades | ZeroHedge
- The Beginning Of The End For Cruz? Here Are Five Things To Watch For In Indiana Today | ZeroHedge
- China Warns 'Will Respond To Trump Presidency' | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Down Warren Buffett's Rosy Outlook For America | ZeroHedge
- The Manufacturing Recession That Won't Go Away: Factory Orders Rebound From 5 Year Lows, Decline For 17 Months | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Great Western Retreat | ZeroHedge
- A Very Bearish Stanley Druckenmiller Blows Up At The Fed; Reveals His Biggest "Currency" Position | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 17 best-paid people in ad tech | Business Insider
- Pentagon chief: US won't be intimidated by Russia... | Business Insider
- These are the best battery cases for your iPhone 6 and 6s | Business Insider
- Be more productive on the go with this Bluetooth keyboard that can... | Business Insider
- 6 great part time jobs to earn money after you retire | Business Insider
- Burger King is bringing out a new weapon to beat McDonald's and Taco Bell in the... | Business Insider
- Candidates' running mates are vital — but not for the... | Business Insider