Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Greek Bluff In All Its Glory: Presenting The Grexit "Falling Dominoes" | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High | Financial Sense
- FBI Admits 11 Attacks Against Internet, Power Grid Lines In California This Year | ZeroHedge
- Greece Has Spent A Half-Century In Default Or Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- Europe-US Risk Diverges Most In 13 Years - How Best To Trade The Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Current Oil Price Slump Far From Over | Financial Sense
- A 21-Year-Old Greek Unloads: "I Am Terrified Of Tomorrow...It Feels Like An End" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to fight off a shark attack | Business Insider
- Here's how men should smell this year, according to the Fragrance Foundation... | Business Insider
- Airbus and Mahindra to make military choppers in India | Business Insider
- 9 reasons why you should book your next trip to Switzerland | Business Insider
- Female suicide bomber kills 12 in Nigeria mosque:... | Business Insider
- Here's Chris Christie's big problem in a nutshell | Business Insider
- A tiny change to a LinkedIn profile has fueled a ton of speculation... | Business Insider