Netflix shares trying for a Comeback
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is creeping up slowly from its 12 month low, its now regained 9% from its bottom of $56.55. Recall Netflix fell from $80 a share overnight to the low $60 range just weeks ago after it disappointed the world on its Q2 earnings call.
The company's Q2 call came down to lowered expectations on subscriber growth and the slow death of its DVD business. In order for Netflix to get back its $300 share price, where does the growth come from? Is the future for Netflix's growth dependent on its breakout into Europe and abroad?
The quick answer: No one is willing to pay a high multiple on Netflix shares if they can't deliver the growth and add subscribers.
Netflix believes it will be at 7 million subscribers by the end of 2012. If they don't hit that number and if we get any more warnings its an instant 52-week low for Netflix shares.
At this point to go long on Netflix is a leap of faith that they are going to hit their numbers. If they don't, shareholders will lose.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mastery is keeping an eye on Netflix and at this point its beginning to look 'Netflixy'. With a decent bounce from its 12 month low, its time to add it to your watch list.
However if you are going to hold Netflix get ready for a bumpy ride if they deliver any more bad news in the coming weeks.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Man In Hiding After Confessing To Illegal Fundraising For The Clintons: "Fears Untimely Death" | ZeroHedge
- Nexit Looms - Dutch Parliament To Debate Leaving The Eurozone | ZeroHedge
- Kansas City Fed Survey: February Activity Highest Since 2011 | Financial Sense
- Index Investing Unmasked: 96% Of Stocks Are Garbage | ZeroHedge
- N. Korean Nukes Exaggerated; More Questions About American Nukes Too | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan: Institutions, Hedge Funds Are Using The Rally To Sell To Retail | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Intel Mutiny Against Trump, DHS Analysts Say White House Travel Ban Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why copper has been soaring | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 20 quotes from self-made billionaire Mark Cuban... | Business Insider
- 15 things successful people do on Sunday nights | Business Insider
- How the Oscar-winning O.J. Simpson documentary got never-before-seen evidence from the... | Business Insider
- Wendy's plans self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations | Business Insider
- Attorney General Sessions has said 'good people don... | Business Insider