The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- For The First Time Since The Recession, Boeing Won't Raise Airplane Prices Due To Plunge In Demand | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Slams US Comments That Its Bombing Of US Allies "Is Unacceptable" Are "Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- Germans "Lose Faith In Banks", Rush To Buy Safes | ZeroHedge
- Greek 'Thought Police' Prosecute Bishop For (Accurately) Calling 'Refugees', "Illegal Migrants" | ZeroHedge
- HuffPo "Revoked Publishing Access" Of Journalist After 'Hillary Health' Story: "It's Orwellian...I'm Scared" | ZeroHedge
- Why Is The DHS Preparing To Take Control Of The US Election? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former KKK leader sent out robocalls urging voters to... | Business Insider
- The CEO of a successful startup... | Business Insider
- 16 things you should do right before a job interview | Business Insider
- 9 financial tips to help families save up to $5,000 a year | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's visit may already be a lose-lose situation for Mexico's... | Business Insider
- 12 hobbies that look great on your résumé, and one that doesn... | Business Insider
- Why tennis legend Andre Agassi thinks all balding men should embrace losing their hair... | Business Insider