The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mnuchin Manages Expectations On Tax Reform; Warns Trump "Not Touching" Entitlements | ZeroHedge
- Pound Tumbles On Report Scotland May Hold Second Independence Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Oscars Preview | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Intel Mutiny Against Trump, DHS Analysts Say White House Travel Ban Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Ben Stein Unloads on Media, Calls Them 'Unelected Aristocracy, an Effete Corps of Impudent Snobs' | ZeroHedge
- Kim Murder Suspect Says She Was Paid $90 To Rub VX Toxin On His Face | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Feb 26, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former Navy special operations commander: Trump attacks on media... | Business Insider
- Trump tweets wildly misleading comparison of the... | Business Insider
- Motorola's hot new phone is impressive, but it's totally... | Business Insider
- Daymond John shares the biggest lessons he's learned from 8 years on '... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel brutally mocks Trump in Oscars opening | Business Insider
- Trump's wrong — Immigrants promote economic growth | Business Insider
- 10 practical daily habits that will radically improve... | Business Insider