The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Jumps As Houthis Enter El-Mandeb Strait Military Base | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Or 1987? Computerized Trading & "A Crash Is Coming" Or Rates Mean "Bull's Not Over" | ZeroHedge
- For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed | Financial Sense
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- A Rare Goldman "Sell" Recommendation Leads To Even More Muppet Slaughter | ZeroHedge
- STTG Q1 2015 Reader Feedback – Please Rate our Market Recaps! | FundMyMutualFund
- They Are "Undermining People's Trust In Their Money" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon once told Elizabeth Warren to 'hit' him with... | Business Insider
- Agreement in principle on outlines of Iran deal:... | Business Insider
- Google Maps lets you play Pac-Man | Business Insider
- Shooting incident outside US spy agency: media | Business Insider
- An Indiana newspaper just made a... | Business Insider
- RBS boss leaves weeks after... | Business Insider