The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Poland Blocks Flight Of Russian Defense Minister's Plane | ZeroHedge
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
- The Stupendous Failure Of Big City Education: How The Philly Teachers Union Loots The Schools | ZeroHedge
- Kick Russia Out Of SWIFT, UK Demands | ZeroHedge
- But Dem Yields Doe | iBankCoin.com
- The Bubble is in Cash, Not Stocks… | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Confidence Rises On Surge in "Hope" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A New Documentary Reveals The Crazy Drama Between The Founders Of Burt's Bees | Business Insider
- Why Google Banned A Privacy Tool Called 'Disconnect Mobile' From The Android... | Business Insider
- This Photographer Asked Strangers To Touch Each Other, And The Pictures Are... | Business Insider
- Putin Escalated To Save His Aggressive Ukraine Policy From Collapsing — But His... | Business Insider
- 8 Of The Most Ridiculously Expensive Gadgets Money Can Buy | Business Insider
- Netflix Knows What We Really Want, And It's An Alcoholic Talking Horse | Business Insider
- Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain | Business Insider