The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Somone Really Needs To Explain To Europe What "Austerity" Means | ZeroHedge
- Traders Playing BAS Are Out Of Their Minds | iBankCoin.com
- The Parrot Is Finally Dead: The Economist Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Stealth Bear Market – A Transition or a Top? | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Feeding Off the Big $CAT Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ford Jumps After Earnings Beat (F) | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The Guys LeBron James Played With In Cleveland The First Time... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- 21 Sad Photos Of Dead And Dying Kmart Stores | Business Insider
- U. Oregon Report Suggests Limiting... | Business Insider
- Italian PM vows to publish cost of EU institutions... | Business Insider
- Canada faces jihadist threat after home-grown attacks | Business Insider