The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- What Trump Tax Plan? Key Senate Panel Has Not Even Seen It | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- WTF Just Happened? | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts On President Trump's 'Disappearance' | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Guide To Being An Introvert | Altucher Confidential
- Visualizing The Collapse Of The Middle Class In 20 Major U.S. Cities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 life skills everyone should learn — and 13 books that... | Business Insider
- 'The X-Files' is coming back for another season at Fox | Business Insider
- A top Fed official just delivered an unusual warning to... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The American government's secret plan for surviving the end of... | Business Insider
- Oscar Isaac talks about the role that will stay with him and working... | Business Insider
- The US Geological Survey... | Business Insider