The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Prepares For "Plan B", Says Greece Would "Need Not Only A Third Bailout, But Fourth, Fifth Or Even More" | ZeroHedge
- "I’m Not Crazy, I’m Scared" - Why For One Trader, This Time It Is Different | ZeroHedge
- "Obsessive" Buybacks Could Be Big Mistake, "Serious" People Tell Unserious People | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece About To "Lose" Its Gold Again? | ZeroHedge
- How The Fed Creates Zombies In One Simple Flow Chart | ZeroHedge
- "Let's Take Them On!": Libor E-mails Of Christian Bittar Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HSBC is launching an immediate review into... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11... | StreetInsider.com
- Stephen Curry hit his most ridiculous shot yet to help... | Business Insider
- A psychological trick to instantly feel more productive | Business Insider
- Robin Williams spent most of 'Good Will... | Business Insider
- Jeff Bezos: Winning a Golden Globe 'increased sales of power tools... | Business Insider
- Here's more proof that companies are jumping on Microsoft Office 365 like crazy... | Business Insider