The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Something's Gone Terribly Wrong" - Young Voters Disgusted By "Negative Tone" Choose Not To Vote | ZeroHedge
- Politicians, NATO Officials Furious As Spain Plans To Refuel Russian Battle Group | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- Earnings 'Magic' Exposed | ZeroHedge
- The Unstoppable Spread of Armed Drones | Financial Sense
- Wall Street Reacts To Apple's Disappointing Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Podesta Email Reveals That Facebook COO "Wants Hillary To Win Badly" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Defense Secretary: Anti-ISIS campaigns in Mosul and Raqqa '... | Business Insider
- Experts: Actions of Democratic operatives in latest undercover James O’Keefe video are likely... | Business Insider
- These are 9 of the slimmest wallets you’ll ever use | Business Insider
- You've probably been storing your food all wrong — here... | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about the upcoming 'Star Wars' movie, 'Rogue... | Business Insider
- Everyday words that are frequently misused — even by smart people | Business Insider
- Why Tim Cook is Steve Ballmer and why he still has his job at Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider