The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FEMA Contractor: Unrest After 395% Food Price Spike Coming Soon | ZeroHedge
- Revenge Of The Rubes - Why The Days Of The Financial Elite's Rule Are Numbered | ZeroHedge
- CCTV Camera Captures Moment Of Istanbul Airport Explosion As Suicide Attacker Blows Himself Up | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jumps Above $49 As Crude Production Tumbles, Inventories Drop | ZeroHedge
- Odey Makes 21% In Past 2 Days, Nearly Wiping Out Abysmal Start To The Year | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- Facebook and Snapchat are reaping the... | Business Insider
- Here are all the free Xbox games coming in July | Business Insider
- People are obsessed with this new subscription box for tea — it’s already sent 35... | Business Insider
- Scientists predict that 60 percent of these miniature penguins could... | Business Insider
- People are losing it over the speech Donald Trump gave in front of a wall of garbage | Business Insider
- Butter doesn't increase risk of heart disease after all | Business Insider