The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Robbery In Progress At Chase Branch On 6th Avenue In Downtown Manhattan | ZeroHedge
- This Is China's Middle Finger For The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- Russia Says Turkey's Attack On Jet Was "Planned Provocation" As Ankara Moves Tanks Near Syrian Border | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Miss As Median Price Drops To Lowest In 13 Months | ZeroHedge
- Look Out Troika, Portugal Names Socialist Antonio Costa Prime Minister | ZeroHedge
- If "Everything's Awesome" Why Did Aussie CapEx Just Collapse By The Most In Its 30 Year History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pope Francis denounces radicalisation, 'barbarous... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Russia says 1 downed pilot held by Syrian army... | Business Insider
- This app lets you see Wi-Fi pulsing around you —... | Business Insider
- This glowing whale-size, worm-like animal is one of the weirdest things in the... | Business Insider
- Police: Newborn left in Christmas nativity manger at... | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola's chief science officer steps down after outcry over funding... | Business Insider
- Police: Man finds skull in front yard of California home | Business Insider