The Nokia Army
Nokia (NOK) shares keep falling hitting new 12 month lows on a weekly basis. Nokia shares never recovered after the 2008 fall. Since early 2008 Nokia shares are down 94%, its ugly and then some.
Nokia shares closed today at $2.50 for a terrible 3 month decline of more than 50%. The WSJ.com did a mixed bag story on Nokia today titled Nokia Late to the Silicon Valley Party.
The positive spin in the article states:
Nokia sold 600,000 mobile devices in North America during the first quarter, compared with 500,000 in the fourth quarter. Revenue from these devices, meanwhile, was up 75% on a quarter over quarter basis thanks to higher price points.
Still, North American sales only represented 2% of Nokia's global total in the first three months of the year.
Matt Rothschild, head of retail and sales operations (at Nokia), said in an interview that relocating has given the workforce a "start-up mentality, a challenger mind-set" in the critical U.S. market. Mr. Rothschild has recently tapped that enthusiasm by creating the "Nokia Army." (source: wsj.com)
Bottom line: Its a valiant play by going back to silicon valley and making Nokia out to be the underdog player. Time will tell if Nokia can make a comeback and the same goes for its shares.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On Tape: Man Steals $1.6 Million Bucket Full Of Gold In Midtown Manhattan In Broad Daylight | ZeroHedge
- Will Real Estate Tank in 2017? | Financial Sense
- China Losing Control? PBOC Imposes New Yuan Outflow Limits For First Time In Two Decades | ZeroHedge
- Kellogg’s Pulls Ads From Breitbart for ‘Not Aligning’ With Their Values; Amnesty Intl Accuses Them of Child Labor Violations | ZeroHedge
- Steven Mnuchin Roils Bond Markets With Suggestion Of 100 Year Treasury Bond | ZeroHedge
- Trump Warns US Companies There Will Be "Consequences" For Outsourcing Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Reddit To Ban "Most Toxic" Trump Supporters After CEO Abused With "Personal Message Harassment" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Political leaders are ignoring the real threat to American workers | Business Insider
- Secretive AR startup ODG raised $58 million to build its... | Business Insider
- $3.8 billion Slack just poached a high-ranking Dropbox exec... | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski reportedly has to get back surgery and could... | Business Insider
- IBM is continuing its blockchain push (IBM) | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- How one Trump voter lost her home to his pick for Treasury... | Business Insider