Are NVIDIA (NVDA) Shares overpriced?
Shares of NVIDIA Corp have had a rediculous spike so far in 2011 - shares are up 55% YTD.
The question is, are NVDA shares now overpriced or will they go even higher?
Shares are up because of the hype with the company's new line of Tegra 2 Mobile chips - which boast duo core processing.
ThinkEquity analyst Krishna Shankar recently cut his rating on NVDA shares to Hold from Buy after the stock topped his $24 price target. He writes in a research note that the graphics chip company’s shares now look “fairly valued,” trading at 21x his FY 2012 EPS estimate for a stock he sees growing profits 20% a year. Note that Shankar’s $1.20 EPS estimate for the January 2012 fiscal year, well above the Street consensus of $1. For FY 2011, the Street is expecting 62 cents a share.
The analyst sees robust growth in tablets and smartphones for the company, with market share gains in discrete graphics, and “continued dominance in professional solutions.” However, Shankar adds that he “caution[s] investors that the tablet/smartphone processor market is likely to be fragmented, with NVDA achieving success in the high end (20 to 25% of smartphone market),” but with revenues from PC and server chips based on ARM architecture 2-3 years out.
Mastery Bottom Line:
While the outlook looks great for Nvidia, we think that investors who weren't in around the $15 level have missed the party. However, the leg up from $20 to $25 was purely momentum based, so keep an eye on NVDA, if shares come back to $20 they could produce nice profits at that level, assuming the Tegra 2 chips sell like hot cakes.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pokemon Go Claims First Fatality; Incites Stampede; But DAU Drop Leaves Hope For Humanity | ZeroHedge
- Trump Rips Hillary Claim He Represents Racists, Neo-Nazis And The KKK | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Slow Growth Persists but US Recession Likely Still Years Away | Financial Sense
- "Things Are Worse" - Dollar Stores' Startling Admission: Half Of US Consumers Are In Dire Straits | ZeroHedge
- Domino's Launches Drone Pizza Delivery, Shows What It Will Look Like | ZeroHedge
- Four More Mega-Banks Join The Anti-Dollar Alliance | ZeroHedge
- Rate Hike Jitters Return In Poor, Tailing 7Y Treasury Auction | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 16 photos that show the dirty way the world gets an important energy source | Business Insider
- This famous inventor designed drones before World War I | Business Insider
- After three years of Herbalife Bill Ackman still doesn't get Carl... | Business Insider
- Hope Solo suspended for 6 months over explosive comments following... | Business Insider
- Maine governor goes off about ‘black and... | Business Insider
- JAMES CARVILLE: This is what scares me the most about a Trump... | Business Insider
- Volkswagen reaches deal to compensate U.S. dealers:... | Business Insider