Are NVIDIA (NVDA) Shares overpriced?
Shares of NVIDIA Corp have had a rediculous spike so far in 2011 - shares are up 55% YTD.
The question is, are NVDA shares now overpriced or will they go even higher?
Shares are up because of the hype with the company's new line of Tegra 2 Mobile chips - which boast duo core processing.
ThinkEquity analyst Krishna Shankar recently cut his rating on NVDA shares to Hold from Buy after the stock topped his $24 price target. He writes in a research note that the graphics chip company’s shares now look “fairly valued,” trading at 21x his FY 2012 EPS estimate for a stock he sees growing profits 20% a year. Note that Shankar’s $1.20 EPS estimate for the January 2012 fiscal year, well above the Street consensus of $1. For FY 2011, the Street is expecting 62 cents a share.
The analyst sees robust growth in tablets and smartphones for the company, with market share gains in discrete graphics, and “continued dominance in professional solutions.” However, Shankar adds that he “caution[s] investors that the tablet/smartphone processor market is likely to be fragmented, with NVDA achieving success in the high end (20 to 25% of smartphone market),” but with revenues from PC and server chips based on ARM architecture 2-3 years out.
Mastery Bottom Line:
While the outlook looks great for Nvidia, we think that investors who weren't in around the $15 level have missed the party. However, the leg up from $20 to $25 was purely momentum based, so keep an eye on NVDA, if shares come back to $20 they could produce nice profits at that level, assuming the Tegra 2 chips sell like hot cakes.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ben Carson: President Hillary Would Bring About "Tremendous Carnage And Death" | ZeroHedge
- "Bill Clinton Was Here": The Elite One-Percent’s 'Orgy Island' Exposed | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Not The America My Parents Immigrated To In 1957" | ZeroHedge
- Cash-Strapped ISIS Is Selling Sex Slaves On Facebook: Asking Price $8,000 Each | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- We did a blind taste test of wings from... | Business Insider
- Former Navy SEALs reveal what Hollywood gets wrong about the elite warriors... | Business Insider
- 'I've looked at over 40,000 résumés, and these... | Business Insider
- Movie trailers have a new trick to keep you watching — and the people who make them hate it | Business Insider
- Home prices are getting out of control in these 18 American markets (Z) | Business Insider
- The college known as 'the poor man's Harvard' is facing severe budgetary... | Business Insider