Are NVIDIA (NVDA) Shares overpriced?
Shares of NVIDIA Corp have had a rediculous spike so far in 2011 - shares are up 55% YTD.
The question is, are NVDA shares now overpriced or will they go even higher?
Shares are up because of the hype with the company's new line of Tegra 2 Mobile chips - which boast duo core processing.
ThinkEquity analyst Krishna Shankar recently cut his rating on NVDA shares to Hold from Buy after the stock topped his $24 price target. He writes in a research note that the graphics chip company’s shares now look “fairly valued,” trading at 21x his FY 2012 EPS estimate for a stock he sees growing profits 20% a year. Note that Shankar’s $1.20 EPS estimate for the January 2012 fiscal year, well above the Street consensus of $1. For FY 2011, the Street is expecting 62 cents a share.
The analyst sees robust growth in tablets and smartphones for the company, with market share gains in discrete graphics, and “continued dominance in professional solutions.” However, Shankar adds that he “caution[s] investors that the tablet/smartphone processor market is likely to be fragmented, with NVDA achieving success in the high end (20 to 25% of smartphone market),” but with revenues from PC and server chips based on ARM architecture 2-3 years out.
Mastery Bottom Line:
While the outlook looks great for Nvidia, we think that investors who weren't in around the $15 level have missed the party. However, the leg up from $20 to $25 was purely momentum based, so keep an eye on NVDA, if shares come back to $20 they could produce nice profits at that level, assuming the Tegra 2 chips sell like hot cakes.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Mario Draghi Is Putting Pensioners At Risk | ZeroHedge
- Biotech Rampage | iBankCoin.com
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! | Altucher Confidential
- Frontrunning: March 5 | ZeroHedge
- The Recovery On Nobody’s Radar | iBankCoin.com
- Global Bond Yields & Crude Tumble As EURUSD Tests 1.10 | ZeroHedge
- The Circus Is In Town | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the 16 best luggage and backpack deals this week [up to 69% off] | Business Insider
- The cult of Valve: Why Valve's new virtual reality headset could be the... | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse just went wild on Twitter and called for a bear market in bonds (CS)... | Business Insider
- Here's Mark Zuckerberg's one tip for hiring employees (FB) | Business Insider
- Six years ago, Janet Yellen knew the Fed haters were out there — and she knew... | Business Insider
- We now have an explanation for Friday's horrendous economic report | Business Insider
- ADP: Job growth in January was way better than we first thought | Business Insider