Are NVIDIA (NVDA) Shares overpriced?
Shares of NVIDIA Corp have had a rediculous spike so far in 2011 - shares are up 55% YTD.
The question is, are NVDA shares now overpriced or will they go even higher?
Shares are up because of the hype with the company's new line of Tegra 2 Mobile chips - which boast duo core processing.
ThinkEquity analyst Krishna Shankar recently cut his rating on NVDA shares to Hold from Buy after the stock topped his $24 price target. He writes in a research note that the graphics chip company’s shares now look “fairly valued,” trading at 21x his FY 2012 EPS estimate for a stock he sees growing profits 20% a year. Note that Shankar’s $1.20 EPS estimate for the January 2012 fiscal year, well above the Street consensus of $1. For FY 2011, the Street is expecting 62 cents a share.
The analyst sees robust growth in tablets and smartphones for the company, with market share gains in discrete graphics, and “continued dominance in professional solutions.” However, Shankar adds that he “caution[s] investors that the tablet/smartphone processor market is likely to be fragmented, with NVDA achieving success in the high end (20 to 25% of smartphone market),” but with revenues from PC and server chips based on ARM architecture 2-3 years out.
Mastery Bottom Line:
While the outlook looks great for Nvidia, we think that investors who weren't in around the $15 level have missed the party. However, the leg up from $20 to $25 was purely momentum based, so keep an eye on NVDA, if shares come back to $20 they could produce nice profits at that level, assuming the Tegra 2 chips sell like hot cakes.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shale - The Last Oil And Gas Train: Interview With Arthur Berman | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $BBBY | iBankCoin.com
- Mark Hanson: "Why We Could Be In A Housing Bubble Right Now" | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Book Review: The Money Bubble (What to Do Before it Pops) - Two Thumbs Up | Financial Sense
- FUTURES SLIDE AGAIN | iBankCoin.com
- Dot-Com 2.0 Visualized (Or Peak Greater Fool) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- PIMCO Trustee Blasts Bill Gross' $200 Million Salary That Could Be Used To... | Business Insider
- EXPERT: The Ukraine-Russia Cyberwar Is 'More Serious And Damaging'... | Business Insider
- There's Room For Companies To Start Cranking Up Dividend Payouts | Business Insider
- Markets Are Very Quiet | Business Insider
- Israeli Soccer Player Suffers Gruesome Knee Injury After An Aggressive... | Business Insider
- Banks Are Going To Ridiculous Lengths To Take Credit For Deals They Didn't Even Work... | Business Insider