Are NVIDIA (NVDA) Shares overpriced?
Shares of NVIDIA Corp have had a rediculous spike so far in 2011 - shares are up 55% YTD.
The question is, are NVDA shares now overpriced or will they go even higher?
Shares are up because of the hype with the company's new line of Tegra 2 Mobile chips - which boast duo core processing.
ThinkEquity analyst Krishna Shankar recently cut his rating on NVDA shares to Hold from Buy after the stock topped his $24 price target. He writes in a research note that the graphics chip company’s shares now look “fairly valued,” trading at 21x his FY 2012 EPS estimate for a stock he sees growing profits 20% a year. Note that Shankar’s $1.20 EPS estimate for the January 2012 fiscal year, well above the Street consensus of $1. For FY 2011, the Street is expecting 62 cents a share.
The analyst sees robust growth in tablets and smartphones for the company, with market share gains in discrete graphics, and “continued dominance in professional solutions.” However, Shankar adds that he “caution[s] investors that the tablet/smartphone processor market is likely to be fragmented, with NVDA achieving success in the high end (20 to 25% of smartphone market),” but with revenues from PC and server chips based on ARM architecture 2-3 years out.
Mastery Bottom Line:
While the outlook looks great for Nvidia, we think that investors who weren't in around the $15 level have missed the party. However, the leg up from $20 to $25 was purely momentum based, so keep an eye on NVDA, if shares come back to $20 they could produce nice profits at that level, assuming the Tegra 2 chips sell like hot cakes.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pro Immigration Advocate to Americans: You Do A lot of Drugs, Therefore You Do Not Deserve Borders | ZeroHedge
- As Dollar Slides, Equity Generalists "Are Increasingly Uncomfortable" With Reflation Trades | ZeroHedge
- India's Downward Spiral Accelerates: "The Real Pain Is Just Beginning" | ZeroHedge
- Fakewood EXPOSED: Where Fake News began | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season So Far: 27 Of 42 Reporting Companies Cite "Trump" Or "Administration" | ZeroHedge
- Netanyahu, Trump To Talk By Phone Sunday; May Announce Move Of US Embassy To Jerusalem | ZeroHedge
- Policy Makers - Like Generals - Are Busy Fighting The Last War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The colossal price to fly a pair of B-2 bombers to hit two ISIS camps in Libya... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Here's everything we know about the Super Bowl ads so far | Business Insider
- 53 of the most eye-catching protest signs we saw at the Women's March on Washington... | Business Insider
- A couple who saved $50,000 to travel the world talks earning, spending, and working their... | Business Insider
- Investing based on policy expectations is very dangerous right now | Business Insider
- The drug industry's lobby tried to scapegoat Martin Shkreli for rising prices—... | Business Insider