Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 1: The Reaping | ZeroHedge
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- Steve Liesman: "Get Ready, Here It Comes: A December Taper" | ZeroHedge
- JOLTS October Net Turnovers Surge To 260K, Highest Since February | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Sentiment Report: The Biggest Bubble | ZeroHedge
- GM Appoints First Female CEO As Mary Barra Replaces Dan Akerson | ZeroHedge
- Lloyd Blankfein And The "Mega-Wealthy" Are Rushing To Buy Into This $1 Billion Miami Condo | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The World Cup Will Push TV Ad Spending Growth 7.7% To $3.6 Billion Next Year [... | Business Insider
- Famed Chef Jean-Georges Is Opening A '100% Raw, Vegan' Restaurant... | Business Insider
- Things Are Getting Ugly In San Francisco:... | Business Insider
- Boeing Has Started Wind-Tunnel Testing For The Upgraded 777 | Business Insider
- The 7 Derpiest Lines From Steve Stockman's First Fundraising Letter | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- 11 Overlay Maps That Will Change The Way You See The World | Business Insider