Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Finding its Way Out of the Cave | iBankCoin.com
- De-Escalation Off: US Deploys Troops To Poland | ZeroHedge
- So, It Seems Like That Andreesen Dude Might Actually Know What He's Talking About, But I'll Still Spill His Secrets | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Real 'Reset' Button | ZeroHedge
- A Bunch of Checkups from the Neck Up | iBankCoin.com
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- A Waze Exec Says A US Airways Employee Sent Her These Harassing Texts... | Business Insider
- Yasiel Puig Turned 2 Boneheaded Plays Into An Amazing Throw And Catch | Business Insider
- Bank CEO Banned From Industry For Using Bailout Money To Buy A Condo | Business Insider
- Former CIA Director: Snowden Is Obviously A 'Prop' For Putin | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fear and Loathing on Wall Street | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Best Cruise Lines In The World | Business Insider