Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consider Yourselves Lucky You're Not A Canadian FX Trader | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Tumbles Most In 5 Weeks After Earnings Disappoint Across The Board | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Epic Collapse Of Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
- How to Believe in Your Idea Enough to Take the First Step (and Other Business Advice From Ryan Deiss) | Altucher Confidential
- Crashing Canadian Mortgage Lender Bailed-Out By 321,000 Retired Ontario Healthcare Workers | ZeroHedge
- Spectacular 7 Year Auction: Record Indirects, Soaring Bid To Cover | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 lesser-known productivity hacks to use... | Business Insider
- Arkansas moves forward with 4th lethal injection in 8 days | Business Insider
- The Trump crackdown on legal marijuana probably isn... | Business Insider
- The Marine Corps is testing a machine gun-wielding robot... | Business Insider
- $70,000 buys you the greatest Corvette ever made (GM) | Business Insider
- 15 Albert Einstein quotes that reveal the mind of a true genius | Business Insider
- We just got our first glimpse of Elon Musk's new tunnel company (... | Business Insider