Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dear FBI: Here Is Today's Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Unmoved By Oil Rig Count Decline Of Just 1 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 22, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Tick Tock, The Greek Time Bomb Is About To Go Off | ZeroHedge
- Willem "Gold-Is-A-6000-Year-Bubble" Buiter Says A New Greek Currency "Would Be Rubbish" | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stock Bubble Frenzy Returns; US Futures Flat Ahead Of Today's Pre-Holiday Zero Volume Melt Up | ZeroHedge
- China's Tulipmania Full Frontal: Shenzhen's Parabolic Stocks Just Hit 67x P/E | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, DIA, QQQ, HPQ, ROST, ARO, RAI, LO... | Business Insider
- Portuguese legend Luís Figo torches FIFA in Facebook post on why he quit the... | Business Insider
- Manufacturing activity slows in May | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- PEER-TO-PEER LENDING... | Business Insider
- There's one problem with Jeb Bush's criticism... | Business Insider
- 9 Facebook facts you weren’t aware of (FB) | Business Insider