Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Prosperity Amidst the Ruins | ZeroHedge
- Technician: Gold May Take Several Quarters, If Not Years, To Recover | Financial Sense
- Swiss Yes Vote Possible - First “Gold Rush” Of 21st Century? | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- "We Are A Nation Built On The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
- The Sellside Chimes In On The Crude Crush: "This Will Reverberate For Years" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Tryptophan Induced Coma | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cricket greats say Australia-India Test should go ahead | Business Insider
- Nothing Explains The Meaning Of 'Black Swan' Like The Unexpected... | Business Insider
- This Map Shows What People Are Most Thankful For In Every State | Business Insider
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Pending Home Sales Tumble In October (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, XHB) | Business Insider
- STOCKS HIT ALL-TIME HIGHS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, TBT,... | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider