Invest in Magnets with OM Group (OMG)
OM Group's (OMG) has an expansive geographic footprint across Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, VAC is business unit of OM Group, and a leading global manufacturer of industrial use advanced magnetic materials and fabricated products. VAC designs, produces, markets, and sells some of the most technologically advanced cores and components, materials and parts, permanent magnets and magnet systems currently available in the world serving a wide variety of high growth end market sectors including: Energy Conversion & Distribution, Automotive, Electrical Installation Technology, Automation & Drives, Aerospace & Transportation, and Electronic Article Surveillance. Headquartered in Hanau, Germany, VAC operates seven production facilities located throughout Germany, Slovakia, Finland, China and Malaysia supported by more than 4,500 employees supplemented with an additional 72 sales representatives in 16 countries worldwide.
VAC has three integrated business segments, Materials & Parts, Core & Components and Permanent Magnets, that cover the entire magnetic value chain, from alloys to permanent magnets, serving its customers with magnetic solutions across various products, markets and geographies. The company's business units are closely intertwined to maximize coverage of the value chain and, by extension, customer penetration. Through close and ongoing interaction with its customers, VAC is able to provide bespoke integrated solutions from a single-point sourcing capability and customized solutions to meet their specific needs. This design-in approach to added-value integrated solutions allows VAC to develop entrenched customer relationships, thus creating barriers to entry, and focused research and development efforts.
Mastery Bottom Line:
The future is here. Magnets, bitches.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- Can Israel Become the World’s Next Tech Capital? | Financial Sense
- How The Fed Creates Zombies In One Simple Flow Chart | ZeroHedge
- Inside The Fed's "Doomsday" Bunker | ZeroHedge
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
- Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The top 10 tech company cafeterias | Business Insider
- Death toll from Nepal earthquake passes 1,000: police | Business Insider
- Nepal earthquake: Live Report | Business Insider
- Clashes rage in Yemen as calls for peace talks grow | Business Insider
- Europe's police crack massive horsemeat trafficking... | Business Insider
- VW patriarch and board chairman Piech resigns | Business Insider