Invest in Magnets with OM Group (OMG)
OM Group's (OMG) has an expansive geographic footprint across Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, VAC is business unit of OM Group, and a leading global manufacturer of industrial use advanced magnetic materials and fabricated products. VAC designs, produces, markets, and sells some of the most technologically advanced cores and components, materials and parts, permanent magnets and magnet systems currently available in the world serving a wide variety of high growth end market sectors including: Energy Conversion & Distribution, Automotive, Electrical Installation Technology, Automation & Drives, Aerospace & Transportation, and Electronic Article Surveillance. Headquartered in Hanau, Germany, VAC operates seven production facilities located throughout Germany, Slovakia, Finland, China and Malaysia supported by more than 4,500 employees supplemented with an additional 72 sales representatives in 16 countries worldwide.
VAC has three integrated business segments, Materials & Parts, Core & Components and Permanent Magnets, that cover the entire magnetic value chain, from alloys to permanent magnets, serving its customers with magnetic solutions across various products, markets and geographies. The company's business units are closely intertwined to maximize coverage of the value chain and, by extension, customer penetration. Through close and ongoing interaction with its customers, VAC is able to provide bespoke integrated solutions from a single-point sourcing capability and customized solutions to meet their specific needs. This design-in approach to added-value integrated solutions allows VAC to develop entrenched customer relationships, thus creating barriers to entry, and focused research and development efforts.
Mastery Bottom Line:
The future is here. Magnets, bitches.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banks Moving "Herd-Like" Into Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Merkel Slams Obama's "Cold War" Espionage "Doesn't Belong In 21st Century" | ZeroHedge
- As The SEC Finally Gets Involved In CYNK, One Short Has A Big Problem | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Drops Below $101 - Lowest in 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- Watch As 6.8 Magnitude Quake Shakes The Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant | ZeroHedge
- Some Thoughts on Slowing House Price Appreciation in the U.S. | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- A Chinese Couple Reportedly Sold Their Two Children To Fund Their... | Business Insider
- Traders Brace for Wild Session on Economic Worries, Portugal Banking | TheStreet.com
- Congressman Responds To Being Bumped Off MSNBC By LeBron James | Business Insider
- The Government Just Posted Its First Four-Month Budget Surplus In Years | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com