RIM Bounces Back
Hard to believe but Research in Motion (RIMM) shares have rallied back from a $6 stock to almost a $10 stock. So the Blackberry isn't dead yet?
The Blackberry 10 is coming and it may be enough to keep its market share and maybe, just maybe gain some back from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Google's (GOOG) Android based phones. Hard to believe but RIM has made a phone that is actually 'cool'. The Blackberry 10 or BB10 for short will start selling 30 days following its Jan 30th launch event. The public sector wants iPhones but has to live with Blackberrys (for now). The BB10 is impressive and may keep its existing customers happy. Its a shot in the dark and maybe the BB10 is the nail in the coffin for the company.
RIM shares have been on the comeback trail ever since Sept 27 when the company reported a FQ2 EPS beat by 19 cents.Here's a quick look at the BB10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Reasons for the Spike in M&A Activity | Financial Sense
- Treasury Curve Collapses To Flattest Since Feb 2009 | ZeroHedge
- "Treasuries - As A Relative Asset Class - Look Cheap" | ZeroHedge
- The Drama, It’s Too Much to Bear | iBankCoin.com
- A Brief Overview of This Market | iBankCoin.com
- I Have Your Bear Market Right Here | iBankCoin.com
- Some Thoughts on Slowing House Price Appreciation in the U.S. | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why ABBA Turned Down $1 Billion To Reunite In 2000 | Business Insider
- Markets Are Getting Smacked | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple Deals Samsung Another Blow... | Business Insider
- Wake Up A Lot During The Night? It Might Be Worse For You Than We... | Business Insider
- Chinese Exports Miss Expectations | Business Insider