RIM Bounces Back
Hard to believe but Research in Motion (RIMM) shares have rallied back from a $6 stock to almost a $10 stock. So the Blackberry isn't dead yet?
The Blackberry 10 is coming and it may be enough to keep its market share and maybe, just maybe gain some back from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Google's (GOOG) Android based phones. Hard to believe but RIM has made a phone that is actually 'cool'. The Blackberry 10 or BB10 for short will start selling 30 days following its Jan 30th launch event. The public sector wants iPhones but has to live with Blackberrys (for now). The BB10 is impressive and may keep its existing customers happy. Its a shot in the dark and maybe the BB10 is the nail in the coffin for the company.
RIM shares have been on the comeback trail ever since Sept 27 when the company reported a FQ2 EPS beat by 19 cents.Here's a quick look at the BB10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Preemptive Move on Rates Still Unlikely | Financial Sense
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- Mixed Emotions for the Gold Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- New iOS 8 Apps Will Work 'Like Magic,' Software Tester Says (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Some People Don't Get Bitten By Mosquitoes — Why That's True Will Surprise... | Business Insider
- Wozniacki sends Sharapova out of US Open, Federer... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Kiev warns of 'great war' with Russia as its... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's 23 Most Brilliant Insights About Investing | Business Insider