RIM Bounces Back
Hard to believe but Research in Motion (RIMM) shares have rallied back from a $6 stock to almost a $10 stock. So the Blackberry isn't dead yet?
The Blackberry 10 is coming and it may be enough to keep its market share and maybe, just maybe gain some back from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and Google's (GOOG) Android based phones. Hard to believe but RIM has made a phone that is actually 'cool'. The Blackberry 10 or BB10 for short will start selling 30 days following its Jan 30th launch event. The public sector wants iPhones but has to live with Blackberrys (for now). The BB10 is impressive and may keep its existing customers happy. Its a shot in the dark and maybe the BB10 is the nail in the coffin for the company.
RIM shares have been on the comeback trail ever since Sept 27 when the company reported a FQ2 EPS beat by 19 cents.Here's a quick look at the BB10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- Lagarde: "China's Slowdown Was Predictable, Predicted"... Yes, By Everyone Except The IMF | ZeroHedge
- Cocaine Production Plummets After DEA Kicked Out Of Bolivia | ZeroHedge
- Traders Are Panic-Buying Colombian Pesos | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Spikes, Risk Slides After Fed's Fischer Seen As "Not Dovish Enough" | ZeroHedge
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek election could result in new, big coalition govt | Business Insider
- This GIF shows a terrifying truth about our oceans | Business Insider
- IS detains dozens in Iraqi town after rare street protest... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 'Django Unchained' actress gets community service | Business Insider
- Brady throws 2 INTs, 1 TD, Patriots beat Panthers 17-16 | Business Insider
- The Latest: Malachowski wins discus world title for Poland... | Business Insider