Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- "It's Really Broken" - Divergences & Decouplings Dominate Week In Stocks, Bonds, FX | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Police Retiring in Droves, Taking Lump Sum Pensions, Fearing the Money Isn’t There (And It Isn’t) | Financial Sense
- Dakota Access Pipeline Coalition Lashes Out At Obama's Attempt To "Ignore The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- Did Clinton Press Secretary Get Caught On Tape 'Rigging' Media Questions? | ZeroHedge
- Thermodynamic Oil Collapse: Why The Global Economy Will Disintegrate Rapidly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic deep links, deferred deep links... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- The Wall Street Journal is asking a... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without this report | Business Insider
- See inside the historic, jewel-filled Manhattan mansion that Cartier turned into a boutique 100 years ago | Business Insider
- Automakers could be making a big mistake with their big bets on electric... | Business Insider
- Inside the new cocktail lounge from the team behind the 'best bar in the world' | Business Insider