Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Russian Bear Rattles Markets, But PPT Rides to the Rescue | Financial Sense
- Ferguson Right Now: The National Guard Is Deploying - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Flat in July, Autos Sales Decline | Financial Sense
- Summing Up Fed Policy In 2 Words: Vroom... Crash | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Wrestlers Trying to Make a Comeback | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SAP Invests $500 Million To Go After Enterprise Market In Africa... | Business Insider
- Here's The Dirty Little Secret IMAX Doesn't Want You To Know | Business Insider
- Future Mind-Altering Drugs Could Make Prisoners Think They're In Jail For... | Business Insider
- This Map Explains Why The War In Gaza Is Unlikely To Restart Any... | Business Insider
- Leaked: Details Of Google's Attempt To Get You To Pay For YouTube | Business Insider
- Taylor Swift Announces First-Ever Pop Album, Debuts New Music Video | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek