Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ron Paul On Gold & The Fed's Failed 'Utopian Dream' | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Message, Simplified: Shortest FOMC Statement Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Saves The Day: Stocks Soar After Fed Chairwoman Tells Democrats To BTFD | ZeroHedge
- Larry Summers Warns on Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- FOMC Decision, GREEK WEAKNESS, OIL WEAKNESS | ZeroHedge
- December Durable Goods: A Major Disappointment | Financial Sense
- It Will Now Cost You 0.5% To Save Money In Denmark: Danish Central Bank Cuts Rates For Third Time In Two Weeks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One Typo Brought Down A 124-Year-Old Company | Business Insider
- MAP: Here Are The 43 Tesco Stores That Will Be Shut Down To Cut Costs | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Shell announces profit fall on sliding oil prices | Business Insider
- The 25 Most Valuable Cloud Computing Companies Are Worth Way More Than You'd Think... | Business Insider
- There's A New Air Force One! | Business Insider
- Actor Ed Burns Is Obsessed With Taking Pictures Of His Model Wife... | Business Insider