Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- More Sanctions: Europe Will Ban Purchase Of Russian Bonds; However Russian Gas Exports Remain Untouched | ZeroHedge
- Employers Aren’t Just Whining: The “Skills Gap” Is Real | Financial Sense
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Volatile Day: Gold, Oil, & Bonds Dump As The Dollar Jumps | ZeroHedge
- A Baby Bull All Growns Up | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Piers Morgan Rejects Jeff Zucker Offer, Out At CNN | Business Insider
- 18 Prestigious Jobs With Surprisingly Low Pay | Business Insider
- Your Gym Is Ripping You Off — Here's How To Get A Cheaper Membership | Business Insider
- Costco's Online Sales Sluggish, Seek Boost: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- Apple's iPhone Payment Platform May Be Coming To Nordstrom (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Google Offers A Very Important Security Feature, And You Should Enable... | Business Insider