Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Did Gold Recover More than $53 an Ounce in Yesterday’s Markets? | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $YGE | iBankCoin.com
- Long-Term Breakout | Financial Sense
- Putin’s Power Play - How It Will Change the Uranium Sector | Financial Sense
- The Housing Unrecovery Is Here: Lumber Enters Bear Market | ZeroHedge
- Bernanke and the Central Bankers's Worst Nightmare | ZeroHedge
- Bank Balances And Gold | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple Is About To Get A Deep Integration With Flickr, Which Is Going To Be Awesome... | Business Insider
- Children In Oklahoma Day Care Sang 'You Are My Sunshine' As Tornado... | Business Insider
- The IRS Official At The Center Of The Scandal Will Plead The Fifth... | Business Insider
- That Time Marissa Mayer Stormed Out Of A Meeting After A Blogging... | Business Insider
- Star Trek Into Darkness's Unimpressive Opening... | Business Insider
- Why There Are So Many Tornadoes In Oklahoma | Business Insider