Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- So You Want To Launder Money Out Of China? | ZeroHedge
- How and Why the Chinese Are Buying Property Outside of China | Financial Sense
- The Case For A Bull Or Bear Market In Two Charts | ZeroHedge
- All About That Small Cap Life | iBankCoin.com
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- Mapping The Global Contagion From Portugal's Systemic Banking Crisis | ZeroHedge
- High-Yield Credit Hits 10-Week Wides As Stocks Bounceback To Unch | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Formula One Drivers Do Insanely Specific Exercises To Keep Death At Bay | Business Insider
- DALLAS FED MANUFACTURING DATA CLIMB | Business Insider
- 9 Easy Tips For Finding Exactly What You Want On Google | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- IDF: Here's What It Looks Like Inside A Hamas Tunnel | Business Insider
- Scarlett Johansson's Superhero Movie 'Lucy' Had A Killer Weekend At The Box Office... | Business Insider
- Amazon Might Launch Its Own Square-Competitor In August (AMZN) | Business Insider