Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- The Richest Man In Asia Is Selling Everything In China | ZeroHedge
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- It’s Official: America is an Oligarchy and NOT a Democracy or a Republic | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Bet on Treasury Rally to Continue | Financial Sense
- Finding its Way Out of the Cave | iBankCoin.com
- More "De-escalation" - NATO Sends Five Warships To Baltic Sea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ron Paul Is On Quora Now | Business Insider
- Yasiel Puig Turned 2 Boneheaded Plays Into An Amazing Throw And Catch | Business Insider
- Tech Billionaire Marc Benioff Is Not Impressed By Mark Zuckerberg's $1... | Business Insider
- 9 Things You Probably Don't Know About College Savings Plans | Business Insider
- Instagram Shoots Past Facebook And Twitter In Popularity... | Business Insider
- Here's The Biggest Sign Yet That Oscar Pistorius' Defense May Be Doomed... | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER: 'Protect My... | Business Insider