Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Greek Energy Minister Slams "Unscrupulous, Imperialist" Germany, Will Seek "Bold Alternatives" In Russia | ZeroHedge
- Here's Which Emerging Markets Are Most Vulnerable To "External Shock" | ZeroHedge
- When Will China Disclose Its True Official Gold Reserves And How Much Is It? | ZeroHedge
- Wages Around The World | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Part 3 - Moonshine, Scam, & The Delusion Of Democracy | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Cameron could avoid throwing his party into chaos if he... | Business Insider
- Ruble bounce rare ray of sunshine for crisis-hit... | Business Insider
- Doing your last-minute taxes will be less miserable with TurboTax [up to 39% off] | Business Insider
- Brazilian giants take bite out of world food sector | Business Insider
- 39 of the coolest startups founded by women | Business Insider
- Jihadist chief killed in Tunisia as thousands march | Business Insider
- 5 simple internet safety tips from one of Google's information... | Business Insider