Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Global Housing Bubble Is Biggest In These Six Cities | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Introducing the Military-Industrial-Elementary School Complex | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need to Know About The Debate - Event Details, Rules, Scandals... | ZeroHedge
- Is Charlotte Our Future? | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Hillary vs Donald: So Who Won? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, DB, WFC) | Business Insider
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic... | Business Insider
- A European separatist group wants a similar deal that... | Business Insider
- I'm a 22-year-old New Yorker who makes $32,000 a year — here's what I spent... | Business Insider
- The 20 games you can't miss this holiday | Business Insider
- Philippines' Duterte at the 'point of no... | Business Insider
- A 26-year-old with nearly $150,000 in the bank says... | Business Insider