Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Grabbing a Few Small Treats Before the Fed | iBankCoin.com
- Obama Least Popular President In 4 Decades | ZeroHedge
- DOE Announces Funding for Small Nuclear Reactors | Financial Sense
- Chinese Rates Spike Most In 5 Months To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Boomer Reality: 61...And Still Living In The Basement | ZeroHedge
- The US Budget "Deal" Summarized (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Video: Negative Divergences | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook Is A Fundamentally Broken Product That Is Collapsing Under Its Own Weight (... | Business Insider
- What These 7 Billionaires Did In Their First Jobs | Business Insider
- The 12 Most Inspiring Leaders Of 2013 | Business Insider
- This British Academy Trains Butlers For Wealthy Families Around The World [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Fed Dips Toe in Taper Water; Bitcoin Hit... | StreetInsider.com
- State Department To Evacuate Americans From South Sudan After 'Foiled Coup... | Business Insider
- In The Last Year, Bill Ackman Has Lost Hundreds Of Millions As Herbalife Shares... | Business Insider