Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Silver Lining in Soft Econ Reads | Financial Sense
- Junk-Rated Chicago Has A Billion Dollar Pension Problem | ZeroHedge
- It's A Bull Market In Confusion | ZeroHedge
- ECB's Willful Ignorance: Leaking Central Bank Says Austerity "Compliments" QE | ZeroHedge
- Housing Recovery - Real Or Memorex | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 mind-blowing concepts from Malcolm Gladwell's best-selling books | Business Insider
- Manufacturing activity slows in May | Business Insider
- UK's Cameron says 'confident' of securing EU... | Business Insider
- China's latest answer to the Apple Watch is called T-FIRE and it's... | Business Insider
- The next Porsche 911 will be a plug-in hybrid | Business Insider
- LEAKED: This Microsoft app lets you copy from Windows and paste to... | Business Insider
- Meet the 22-year-old blogger who gets paid up to $15,000... | Business Insider