Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Asia FX Soars On China Reserves Relief As Ringgit Reversal Catches Traders Wrong-Footed | ZeroHedge
- When You Use A Smartphone In China, You Agree Not To... | ZeroHedge
- Rate-Hike Odds Tumble Post-Minutes; Stocks Soar | ZeroHedge
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
- What Happens To Our Economy As Millions Of People Lose The Habits Of Hard Work? | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber Fears Sudden 1987-Like Crash Or Longer-Term "Sliding Slope Of Hope" | ZeroHedge
- Technically Speaking: The Real Correction Is Still Coming | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The secrets of Wall Street: slavery,... | Business Insider
- Justice Dept, police gather for summit on violent crime | Business Insider
- Google has launched a major project that aims to make the entire mobile web... | Business Insider
- Tom Hanks finds student's ID card, sends tweet to find... | Business Insider
- Dell in talks to merge with $50 billion IT titan EMC (EMC) | Business Insider
- Blue sky and red ice at Pluto, NASA spacecraft discovers | Business Insider
- 32 classic 'British' brands that aren't actually British | Business Insider