Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "You Are Here"... And It Is A Scary Place | ZeroHedge
- Argentines Stumped By Mystery Trucks Loaded With $130 Million In "High Denomination" Bills | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Greek Prime Minister Joins Diplomatic Scandal Between Russia And Turkey With 4 Tweets | ZeroHedge
- US Equities: Bye-Bye Buybacks | Financial Sense
- More Energy Companies Accused Of Downplaying Climate Change | ZeroHedge
- Gold Demand in China Heading For Record and Reserves Increase 14 Tonnes In October | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what happens to your body when you eat junk food for 5 days | Business Insider
- 10 skills that are hard to learn but pay off forever | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- Olympic luge champion Loch disqualified for overweight... | Business Insider
- Many black pastors say meeting with Trump not an... | Business Insider
- JEREMY CORBYN: 'I'm not going anywhere' | Business Insider
- Congress returns to looming deadlines on budget, highways... | Business Insider