Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NSA Warns "Bad Guys Are Everywhere" As Spooks Run Afoul Of German Laws Again | ZeroHedge
- Patience on This Ship | iBankCoin.com
- PaLiN FaMiLY BRaWL... | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks to Enjoy While It’s Still Officially Summer | iBankCoin.com
- Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows | Financial Sense
- Can The Petrodollar Survive Low Interest Rates? | ZeroHedge
- STOP! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best App For Crafting Ideas, Paper, Just Got Even Better | Business Insider
- THE BEACONS FAQ: It's Time To Set The Story Straight About Beacons And Apple... | Business Insider
- Sweeteners boost diabetes risk | Business Insider
- Wildfires Rage Across Rain-Starved California | Business Insider
- Here's When You Should Buy Store-Brand Food | Business Insider
- Number of websites explodes past a billion (and counting) | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek