Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump’s Shot Across China’s Bow | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross Reveals The "Global Establishment's Overall Plan" In Eight Simple Steps | ZeroHedge
- Declining Washington Post Desperately Attacks More Popular News Site | ZeroHedge
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Fed Labor Market Conditions Index Contracts For 5th Straight Month | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best beaches to escape the cold this December | Business Insider
- A relationship therapist reveals the best way to... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's Department of Justice could derail police... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Foursquare's CEO shares his favorite restaurant and why he thinks travel is so... | Business Insider
- This galaxy is being destroyed from within by a... | Business Insider
- You can take the biggest step toward building wealth in 10 minutes... | Business Insider