Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices to 1-Week Low as Safe Haven Demand Falls | Financial Sense
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- The End Of QE3, Trouble Ahead For The Bulls? | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Burst Chinese Housing Bubble Leads To First Annual Price Decline Since 2012; Prices Drop In Record 69 Cities | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Jeff Bezos "Value Creation" Edition | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McLaren Will Give Only 375 People The Chance To Buy This $3.2 Million Hypercar | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About NYC's 1st Ebola Patient | Business Insider
- Sakho stars as Hammers stun Man City | Business Insider
- BARCLAYS: These 25 Stocks Are Ready To Bounce Back From The... | Business Insider
- At least 824,000 displaced by Ukraine conflict: UN | Business Insider
- Marquez grabs pole for Malaysian MotoGP | Business Insider
- Why Investors Should Be Taking a Long View on GE's Shift in Focus | TheStreet.com