Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Legal Corruption In The US: Meet The 1% Of The 1% Who Drive American Politics | ZeroHedge
- US Factory Orders Drop YoY For 5th Consecutive Month | ZeroHedge
- Robin Griffiths: US to Have Another Run Before Final Crash in 2016 or 2017 | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross: "This Is All Ending" | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Could Be Changing the Dynamics of Global Energy | Financial Sense
- ADB "Boosts Firepower" As China-Led Bank Grabs Center Stage | ZeroHedge
- Leaking Las Vegas: Forced Rationing Looms As Lake Mead Faces Federal "Water Emergency" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why NBC's binge-viewing plan for its new Charles Manson... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- It's jobs week in America — Here's your preview of this week's big... | Business Insider
- Why you should be watching Fox’s excellent ‘The Last Man on Earth’ | Business Insider
- BREMMER: Here come the non-US drones | Business Insider
- Fan favorite Boba Fett is reportedly about to get his own 'Star Wars' movie (DIS) | Business Insider