Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Biggest Problems We Face Is That We’re All Flying Blind To A Large Degree" Warns Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- The Future of the Internet Is at Risk | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Trump Can Win The GOP Nomination | ZeroHedge
- ADP Misses Again, Drops YoY For 7th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- NATO Opens (Another) Command Post Near Russian Border; Kremlin Warns Against "Cold War Logic" | ZeroHedge
- Perfect Storm Of Worldwide PMI Slippage | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Welcome To The Great Transition | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Climate negotiators 'frustrated' over snail's pace | Business Insider
- The success of Apple Music is even more important for Apple than people realize (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Bill O'Reilly confronts Univision anchor who accosted Donald Trump: 'You... | Business Insider
- Ripken honored by Orioles in celebration of 2131 game | Business Insider
- New federal requirements on cellphone surveillance | Business Insider
- In directorial debut, Portman focuses on her native Israel... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek