Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: Yep... Still Looks Like A Trap | ZeroHedge
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- UPS Braces For $3.8 Billion Charge As Treasury's Pension Benefit Decision Looms | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Unveils The Next Step: "QE Has Run Its Course, It's Time To Tax Wealth" | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Plunges As Dollar Drops To 11 Month Lows, Commodities Rise | ZeroHedge
- The Real Story Behind The True Magnitude Of The New Home Sales Collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Lakers have a new coach | Business Insider
- Hyenas attack hungry women as Somaliland's drought deepens | Business Insider
- A new poll shows Donald Trump dominating a state he's not necessarily supposed... | Business Insider
- The marketing genius behind Beyoncé has put his chic Tribeca apartment up for... | Business Insider
- This table teaches you how to play ping pong | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Breaking down operational expenses for industrial IoT... | Business Insider