Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paying In A Broken World | ZeroHedge
- The Fed’s Dilemma | Financial Sense
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Patton | iBankCoin.com
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream: Windows 10 Is Watching (& Logging) Everything | ZeroHedge
- Conditions in the US Are Improving, Not Deteriorating | Financial Sense
- CEO Hikes Minimum Wage To $70K, Capitalist Tragicomedy Ensues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The biggest winners and losers in the NBA offseason | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- A waffle maker can teach you an important lesson about being happy | Business Insider
- UN warns Myanmar flood toll to increase as rains lash... | Business Insider
- A radical group of teachers is asking 8-year-olds to answer life's... | Business Insider
- 50 Cent's comments on 'Conan' are coming back to haunt... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek