Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed's Kocherlakota Explains Why He Wants Moar | ZeroHedge
- Buyers Focus On Dollars, 30 Year After Fed, Stocks Shrug | ZeroHedge
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
- OIL COUNTRY | iBankCoin.com
- Verbal Deflation: FOMC Statement Has Fewest Words In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Algos Please Ignore: Citi Slashes Previously Reported Net Income Due To "Legal Investigations" Over FX Rigging Probe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Israel Has Reopened A Jerusalem Mosque That Closed Following... | Business Insider
- One Map Shows Exactly What Obamacare Has Done To The Country | Business Insider
- Here's The Crazy Diet That Explains Why Al Sharpton Is Shrinking | Business Insider
- Bain Sends Its Interns To A Cape Cod Mansion Every Summer — Here... | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan Talks Trash On Obama's Golf Game | Business Insider
- How An Oil Engineer Discovered Auto-Tune And Changed The Music Industry Forever | Business Insider