Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Michael Hudson: Obama Said Hillary Will Continue His Legacy – And Indeed She Will! | ZeroHedge
- Waiting For The Other Shoe... | ZeroHedge
- Spread Thin — How the Fed Manipulates Financial Spreads | Financial Sense
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Whose Lives Matter? | ZeroHedge
- OMFIF’s David Marsh: Bank of Japan Stands to Make “Enormous” Losses | Financial Sense
- From Socialist Utopia To Slave-Nation - Venezuela Unveils Shocking "Forced Labor" Law | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GrubHub reported a record quarter but there are... | Business Insider
- I built a spreadsheet to... | Business Insider
- Private equity is 'seeing more excitement than it can handle' in... | Business Insider
- The creators of Pokémon Go hint they'll be shutting down the game's... | Business Insider
- 4 things every man should know before going into a Victoria's Secret | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Everyone should follow this simple rule for buying clothing | Business Insider