Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Pumps'n'Dumps Back To $26 Handle After Saudi Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Thinks Unemployment Is 42% | ZeroHedge
- Putin Uses the Refugee Crisis to Weaken Merkel | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- The Chinese Yuan Countdown Is On | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets Since The End Of QE3 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An elaborate experiment aims to answer one of humanity's... | Business Insider
- Kanye West's new album has a harsh dis of Taylor Swift everyone will talk about... | Business Insider
- This is the outfit every guy should try for Valentine's Day | Business Insider
- A New York sweets shop is making this crazy tie-dye macaron ice cream sandwich | Business Insider
- How to memorize every US president's name in less... | Business Insider
- The world's 10 most expensive hotel suites | Business Insider
- An inside look at the historic career of 'unlikely ballerina... | Business Insider