Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nasdaq Winning Streak Snaps As Yield Curve Hits Fresh 5-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Schizophrenic Stocks Close Mixed As 30Y Yield Nears 10-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- I AM NOW +5% FOR THE DAY! | iBankCoin.com
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in March | Financial Sense
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- Walking it Up and Down | iBankCoin.com
- BAS Earnings After The Close | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are The Parts Of Ukraine Where Putin Might Invade To 'Protect Ethnic... | Business Insider
- Yankees Pitcher Ejected For Having An Illegal Substance On His Neck | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- 4K TV Is Coming — And It Will Rollout Much Faster Than HDTV | Business Insider
- Here's How One Man Traveled To More Than 30 Countries Using Credit Card... | Business Insider
- Bridgegate Investigators Subpoena Chris Christie's Spokesman | Business Insider
- Rising Sea Levels Could Cause Staggering Damage To These Cities | Business Insider