Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- Wall Street Gets A Merry Christmas Main Street Gets Keynesian Coal | ZeroHedge
- Implications for the Stock Market and Gold with a Yen Rally | Financial Sense
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Dec 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- PROPHECY ALERT: “The Fly’s” Predictions for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- My Reading of the FT on China’s “Turning Away From the Dollar” | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber Responds After Singer Nikki Williams Accuses Her Driver Of Trying To ‘Grab And Kiss’ Her | Business Insider
- Check Out These 23 Awesome Photos From The Berlin Air Show | Business Insider
- Here's When All Your Favorite Shows Are Returning To TV | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- US-Cuba thaw could spell end for island's iconic cars | Business Insider
- Mother charged with murder of eight children in... | Business Insider
- Gabbiadini saves Sampdoria on possible swansong | Business Insider