4 Stocks Ready for a Short Squeeze (GME, OSTK, YELP, Z)
Get ready for the Q4 2012 rally. There's no time to waste and some quick money could be made by playing popular stocks with heavy short interest. Making the cut are Yelp, Inc. (YELP), GameStop Corp (GME), Zillow Inc. (Z) and Overstock.com Inc. (OSTK).
Investors love to short stocks, there's no better way in a post Lehman Brothers world to bank massive coin when a stock plunges. When a heavily shorted stock jumps 10%+ on a single day the short sellers must exit. The stock could jump on headlines, credible news or just because the down trend is finally done. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go.
Here are your potential short squeeze trades: YELP, Z, GME, OSTK (see charts below).
Yelp, Inc. (YELP) is loaded down by short interest to the tune of more than 51% of its float. Yelp trades for $27 a share and has jumped 55% in price since late August. Its been a rocky go for Yelp since its March IPO. Yelp shares are up 13% since it began trading on the NYSE this past Spring.
Zillow (Z) has a big 38% short float and trades at $41.57 a share. In 2012 Zillow shares are up 85% thanks to a 'recovering housing market'. Zillow Inc (Z) shares have traded between $21.22 and $46.86 over the past 12 months.
GameStop (GME) has a short float of 36.7% and trades at $21.33 a share. GameStop is trading in the middle of its 12 month range of $15.32 to $26.66.
Overstock.com Inc's (OSTK) shares have a hefty 20.5% short float. This stock has gone on a tear in the last 6 months jumping over 100%. Despite trading near the top of its 12 month range this stock always falls victim to the will of day traders. OSTK can be picked up for $10.58 a share.
4 Short Squeeze Stocks(OSTK, YELP, Z)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Rogers Warns, The Fed "Has No Clue... Will Ruin Us All" | ZeroHedge
- White House On Lockdown As Secret Service Investigate "Suspicious Package" | ZeroHedge
- Can Trump Turn Back Time On Coal Mining Employment? | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures Fade Overnight Gains As Euro Slides; China Stumbles | ZeroHedge
- Iran's President Rouhani Visited Russia: Another Step To A Multipolar World | ZeroHedge
- Billionaire Slashes Asking Price For Beverly Hills Mega- Mansion By A Third, Or $66 Million | ZeroHedge
- Strong markets struggling at breakout levels of late | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The world's top 10 companies, ranked by reputation | Business Insider
- House Intel chair says he will not reveal his intelligence source to his own committee... | Business Insider
- Pre-roll ads for Periscope (TWTR) | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: The Trump rally's 'great unwind' might just be getting... | Business Insider
- An accountant shares 3 tax mistakes he sees every year — and how to avoid them | Business Insider
- I've been perfecting résumés for 15 years — here's the best advice... | Business Insider
- The former CEO of Valeant is suing the embattled drug... | Business Insider