4 Stocks Ready for a Short Squeeze (GME, OSTK, YELP, Z)
Get ready for the Q4 2012 rally. There's no time to waste and some quick money could be made by playing popular stocks with heavy short interest. Making the cut are Yelp, Inc. (YELP), GameStop Corp (GME), Zillow Inc. (Z) and Overstock.com Inc. (OSTK).
Investors love to short stocks, there's no better way in a post Lehman Brothers world to bank massive coin when a stock plunges. When a heavily shorted stock jumps 10%+ on a single day the short sellers must exit. The stock could jump on headlines, credible news or just because the down trend is finally done. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go.
Here are your potential short squeeze trades: YELP, Z, GME, OSTK (see charts below).
Yelp, Inc. (YELP) is loaded down by short interest to the tune of more than 51% of its float. Yelp trades for $27 a share and has jumped 55% in price since late August. Its been a rocky go for Yelp since its March IPO. Yelp shares are up 13% since it began trading on the NYSE this past Spring.
Zillow (Z) has a big 38% short float and trades at $41.57 a share. In 2012 Zillow shares are up 85% thanks to a 'recovering housing market'. Zillow Inc (Z) shares have traded between $21.22 and $46.86 over the past 12 months.
GameStop (GME) has a short float of 36.7% and trades at $21.33 a share. GameStop is trading in the middle of its 12 month range of $15.32 to $26.66.
Overstock.com Inc's (OSTK) shares have a hefty 20.5% short float. This stock has gone on a tear in the last 6 months jumping over 100%. Despite trading near the top of its 12 month range this stock always falls victim to the will of day traders. OSTK can be picked up for $10.58 a share.
4 Short Squeeze Stocks(OSTK, YELP, Z)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- High Yield Corporate Algo Gone Wild | iBankCoin.com
- Smart People Listen To Radiohead, Dumb People Listen To Beyoncé, Study Finds | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Feeding Off the Big $CAT Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Market Says Markit Is Full Of It: Global PMIs Are Painting An Unrealistically Rosy Picture | ZeroHedge
- Chain Store Sales Growth Worst Since 2010 (Or Why "The Fed Turned The Market Around") | ZeroHedge
- Tennessee Woman Sentenced To Jail For Not Mowing Her Lawn | ZeroHedge
- GLOBAL GROWTH IS BACK | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Billionaire Steve Cohen Wants 57 Of His Ex-Wife's Emails From 2006 | Business Insider
- The 4 Most Common Negotiation Mistakes — And How To Avoid Them | Business Insider
- Texas AD Says It Would Cost $6 Million To Pay Their Athletes And The Fallout Would Change... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Bulls Are Back in Charge | TheStreet.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Asia shares slip on profit-taking | Business Insider
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider