4 Stocks Ready for a Short Squeeze (GME, OSTK, YELP, Z)
Get ready for the Q4 2012 rally. There's no time to waste and some quick money could be made by playing popular stocks with heavy short interest. Making the cut are Yelp, Inc. (YELP), GameStop Corp (GME), Zillow Inc. (Z) and Overstock.com Inc. (OSTK).
Investors love to short stocks, there's no better way in a post Lehman Brothers world to bank massive coin when a stock plunges. When a heavily shorted stock jumps 10%+ on a single day the short sellers must exit. The stock could jump on headlines, credible news or just because the down trend is finally done. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go.
Here are your potential short squeeze trades: YELP, Z, GME, OSTK (see charts below).
Yelp, Inc. (YELP) is loaded down by short interest to the tune of more than 51% of its float. Yelp trades for $27 a share and has jumped 55% in price since late August. Its been a rocky go for Yelp since its March IPO. Yelp shares are up 13% since it began trading on the NYSE this past Spring.
Zillow (Z) has a big 38% short float and trades at $41.57 a share. In 2012 Zillow shares are up 85% thanks to a 'recovering housing market'. Zillow Inc (Z) shares have traded between $21.22 and $46.86 over the past 12 months.
GameStop (GME) has a short float of 36.7% and trades at $21.33 a share. GameStop is trading in the middle of its 12 month range of $15.32 to $26.66.
Overstock.com Inc's (OSTK) shares have a hefty 20.5% short float. This stock has gone on a tear in the last 6 months jumping over 100%. Despite trading near the top of its 12 month range this stock always falls victim to the will of day traders. OSTK can be picked up for $10.58 a share.
4 Short Squeeze Stocks(OSTK, YELP, Z)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Investors Get Out In Time This Time? | Financial Sense
- CPI Remains Stubbornly High as Yellen's "Noise" Won't Go Away | ZeroHedge
- Hope Is Not a Strategy | Financial Sense
- A BRieF MeSSaGe ReGaRDiNG RaCiSM... | ZeroHedge
- In Potentially "Lethal Blow" For Obamacare, US Appeals Court Finds Insurance Subsidies Invalid In Most States | ZeroHedge
- After Bubble Pops, Saudi Arabia Opens Stock Market To Foreign "Greater Fool" Investors | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Managing Director Found Dead In Apparent Kite Surfing Accident | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top Clinton Aide Warned That Ruth Bader Ginsburg... | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman Prepares 'The Most Important Presentation' Of His Career On... | Business Insider
- LIVE: Obama Delivers Statement On Ukraine | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, NFLX, AAPL, MCD, CMG... | Business Insider
- 17 Crazy Facts That Sound Fake But Are Actually True | Business Insider
- Here's The Danger Of Getting Things Done Too Early | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF PAYMENTS: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider