4 Stocks Ready for a Short Squeeze (GME, OSTK, YELP, Z)
Get ready for the Q4 2012 rally. There's no time to waste and some quick money could be made by playing popular stocks with heavy short interest. Making the cut are Yelp, Inc. (YELP), GameStop Corp (GME), Zillow Inc. (Z) and Overstock.com Inc. (OSTK).
Investors love to short stocks, there's no better way in a post Lehman Brothers world to bank massive coin when a stock plunges. When a heavily shorted stock jumps 10%+ on a single day the short sellers must exit. The stock could jump on headlines, credible news or just because the down trend is finally done. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go.
Here are your potential short squeeze trades: YELP, Z, GME, OSTK (see charts below).
Yelp, Inc. (YELP) is loaded down by short interest to the tune of more than 51% of its float. Yelp trades for $27 a share and has jumped 55% in price since late August. Its been a rocky go for Yelp since its March IPO. Yelp shares are up 13% since it began trading on the NYSE this past Spring.
Zillow (Z) has a big 38% short float and trades at $41.57 a share. In 2012 Zillow shares are up 85% thanks to a 'recovering housing market'. Zillow Inc (Z) shares have traded between $21.22 and $46.86 over the past 12 months.
GameStop (GME) has a short float of 36.7% and trades at $21.33 a share. GameStop is trading in the middle of its 12 month range of $15.32 to $26.66.
Overstock.com Inc's (OSTK) shares have a hefty 20.5% short float. This stock has gone on a tear in the last 6 months jumping over 100%. Despite trading near the top of its 12 month range this stock always falls victim to the will of day traders. OSTK can be picked up for $10.58 a share.
4 Short Squeeze Stocks(OSTK, YELP, Z)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Tony Robbins Is Asking The Wrong Questions | ZeroHedge
- The Japanization Of Europe In 9 "Different This Time" Charts | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
- Several Bullish Supports Suggest Bears Should Temper Their Outlook | Financial Sense
- There Goes The Shopping Spree: Nor'easter May Hit East Coast For Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 54 Bizarre Ways You Can Track The Economy | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- Former ZocDoc Employee Says She Is Suing The Company Following Sexual Harassment | Business Insider
- The 9 Weirdest Thanksgiving Items Being Sold On eBay | Business Insider
- Here's Why I'm Not Selling My Stocks Even Though I Think Returns Will Be Lousy | Business Insider
- What Men Fantasize About | Business Insider