4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- John Hussman On The Federal Reserve's Two Legged Stool | ZeroHedge
- Solar Boombox | iBankCoin.com
- US Navy Makes Gas from Seawater | ZeroHedge
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- This Is The 7500 Square Foot Soho Loft That Just Sold For $27 Million | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TWTR | iBankCoin.com
- Monday Humor: 33 Uncomfortably True Charts About Everyday Life | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Buy Google at $375 -- Because the Stock Is Headed for an Apple-Like Decline | TheStreet.com
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- DAVID EINHORN: 'We Are Witnessing Our Second Tech Bubble In 15 Years' | Business Insider
- The Internet Is Giving $31,000 To A Man Who Spent 25 Years In Prison For A... | Business Insider
- IT'S APPLE EARNINGS DAY: Here's What Analysts Are Expecting (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 14 Reasons Why The Qatar World Cup Is Going To Be A Disaster | Business Insider
- Rising Sea Levels Could Cause Staggering Damage To These Cities | Business Insider