4 Short Squeeze Stocks to Trade
The S&P 500 and the Down Jones Ind. finished 0.6% higher today despite zero progess made avoiding the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Four stocks did finish higher today and they are loaded with short interest. Those names are Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) and wildcard candidate Pandora Media Inc. (P). If the rally in equities continues the short sellers are going to have to switch course and send those four stocks higher.
Shares of Zillow Inc. (Z), RadioShack Corp. (RSH), J.C. Penny Company, Inc. (JCP) all jumped 4% on no credible news or events. Those 3 stocks are heavily shorted and the move higher corresponded with the major stock indices. Mastery believes that trend could continue for JCP, RSH, and Z. The shot in the dark is Pandora as the Street continues to punish the company and send its share price lower.
When a heavily shorted stock jumps on a single day the short sellers are forced to exit. The traders that are short on the given stock then have to liquidate and cover their position by buying back the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher and off to the races we go. We are also going with household name stocks that trade with a decent amount of volume. This allows you to get out if the stock isn't moving the direction you want.
Here is the 411 on these 4 possible short-squeeze stock plays:
Zillow Inc (Z) shares enjoyed a 4.78% rally today and closed at $28.50. Zillow's short float is at an outstanding 32%. Zillow shares have traded between $21.41 and $46.86 over the past 12 months. Keep in mind the Big Z is now 25% from its 52-week low.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) shares ticked 4.1% higher today to close at $19.23. JCP sports a 32% short float.
RadioShack Corp (RSH) shares ticked 5.58% higher today to close at $2.08. RadioShack has a massive 38% short float.
Pandora (P) shares have a 21% short float and today it closed flat at $7.95.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The FT Goes Full Fearmonger: Electing Trump "Would Unravel The World" | ZeroHedge
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- The Global Housing Bubble Is Biggest In These Six Cities | ZeroHedge
- Sweden Creates 55 "No-Go Zones" As It Loses Control Of Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Explains Why Central Banks Are Stuck | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Agrees On First Oil Production Cut Since 2008, But Biggest Question Remains Unanswered | ZeroHedge
- "Russian Roulette" - Credit Suisse CEO Admits "EU Banks Not Really Investable" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- International investigation: MH17 was struck by a Russian-... | Business Insider
- This is Elon Musk's plan to begin colonizing Mars by 2022 | Business Insider
- 20 must-have tech accessories under $20 | Business Insider
- This startup just got $11.5 million to make employees everywhere as happy as they are at... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right... | Business Insider
- Senate rejects Obama's veto of Saudi September 11... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek