SodaStream: Short Squeeze or Growth Stock
SodaStream International Ltd (NASDAQ:SODA) shares have rallied 40% in the past 3 months yet the short interest remains at 55%? Yahoo clocks the short interest on SodaStream at 55%, finviz says 45%. Needless to say, it's unbelievably high for a stock that continues to rally.
Take a gander at the 3 month move on SodaStream, it's crazy pills:
Last week Zacks have SODA a 'Strong Buy' rating and Oppenheimer upped their target price from $55 to $60. Sodastream is trading at $51.56 today and 4.71% below its 52-week high. It appears the shorts are betting SodaStream will blow their Q4 2012 earnings call on Feb 27th. It's a plausible move as expectations are high for SodaStream to deliver next month.
SodaStream has beat the street for the past 8 quarters. The company raised its expectation for Q4 and 2012 results after it reported Q3. SodaStream expects revenue growth of 46% for 2012, up from the prior expectation for 40% increase. Bolder yet as SodaStream expects net income will jump 59% year over year, compared to the earlier guidance for growth of 55%. If the company doesn't deliver or beat on those numbers the shorts are going to cash in big. If you can put your faith and money on SodaStream's management then it looks like easy money from here, but are you willing to do so?
Mastery would love to believe that this home beverage carbonation system is the next holy grail and not a fad. The entire world will soon know about SodaStream with their Super Bowl commerical on Sunday (Feb 3rd). Place your bets according to your own risk.
Here's a quick rundown of what SodaStream is all about.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Last of the Mohicans | iBankCoin.com
- After Cutting US Growth Due To Snow, Goldman Now Warns West Coast Port Congestion Will "Drag On GDP" | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Florida Parents Treated Like Children For Questioning School Curriculum | ZeroHedge
- Technical And Fundamental Analysis Explained | ZeroHedge
- After 75 Years, Hitler's "Mein Kampf" Will Be Re-Printed In Germany | ZeroHedge
- US Posts First Negative Inflation Print Since Lehman On Gas Price Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Scientists: Fear of Terror Can Destroy Your Investment Portfolio and Health … But There’s Good News | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It only took 6 hours for the "King of Instagram" to get suspended from... | Business Insider
- Analysts are becoming increasingly suspicious of Berkshire Hathaway | Business Insider
- Shopping Cart... | Business Insider
- US regulator adopts rules banning two-speed Internet | Business Insider
- Companies are hoarding their oil savings (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Wall Street comes together for bragging rights (and charity) at this yearly event | Business Insider
- Fears mount for Iraq heritage after IS museum rampage | Business Insider