Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An End To Austerity? | ZeroHedge
- Caution Ahead: A Look at the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System | iBankCoin.com
- Ukrainian Stereotyping Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Safe Havens Are Trouncing Stocks So Far This Year | Financial Sense
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Ukraine Crisis - Just Another Globalist-Engineered Powder Keg | ZeroHedge
- US Foreign Policy (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's An Aerial View Of Oil Slicks... | Business Insider
- FBI Agents Will Investigate The Disappearance Of Malaysia Airlines Jet | Business Insider
- Three Notable Things Are Happening In Asian Trading Right Now | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Liam Neeson And Obama Send A Message To Putin In 'SNL' Cold... | Business Insider
- 14 New Music Acts To Watch Out For At SXSW | Business Insider
- Man Raises Over $50,000 On Kickstarter To Publish Books — Instead Burns Every Copy In... | Business Insider