Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germans Are Leaving Germany 'In Droves' | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
- U.S. Foreign Policy 'Elites' Eagerly Await Expansion Of Overseas Wars Under Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Support For Legalizing Marijuana Hits All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
- 'Rigged' Debates? Questions Arise Again Over Lighted Screen At Hillary's Podium | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Copper isn't the predictor of economic doom that everyone thinks | Business Insider
- THE EVERYTHING SHIPPER: Amazon and the new age of delivery (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Airbnb may go public sooner than you think | Business Insider
- Anthony Bourdain: 'I don't need a 10-minute explanation of my food' | Business Insider
- Governor Cuomo just signed a bill that could deal a huge blow to Airbnb in New... | Business Insider
- We checked the prices and it turns out Costco is much cheaper than Amazon Prime | Business Insider
- Facebook has a big new ad campaign for live video (FB) | Business Insider