Special $1 Dividend for a Stock Under $5
It's an incredible deal and it is very real. Tellabs (TLAB) will pay you $1 per share next week if you buy before Dec 14th. Keep in mind TLAB trades under $5, hell under $4 at $3.32.
For those of you that have been hiding under a rock Tellabs (TLAB) is paying out a special one dollar cash dividend for shareholders as of Dec 14th (Friday). If you are one of the lucky shareholders you will be paid $1 per share the following week on Dec 21st. Mastery expects the stock to sell-off 10 to 15% on Dec 21st. However a dividend that is almost 1/3 of the value of its shares is easy money and could be worth the trade.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that this special cash dividend of $1 per share. Since that time Tellabs shares have jumped more than 20%. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
GLASS HALF EMPTY
As great as a $1 dividend is, Tellabs shares will most likely fall 20% after the payout. The stock ran up for reason and if you are playing this it may just make a you a few bucks or net zero. Then again perhaps the shorts will get trapped after Dec 21st. Regardless its going to be fun to watch the activity on TLAB in the next week. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Charting Greek Referendum Path | ZeroHedge
- Athens On The Potomac - It Could Never Happen Here, Right? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Turmoil To End Q2 With Worst Run Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Who Knew This Would Happen? | iBankCoin.com
- Domestic Auto Sales Tumble, Miss For 6th Of Last 7 Months (Don't Tell Phil LeBeau) | ZeroHedge
- Red China Goes Redder, Stocks Tumble Despite Government Ban On Bearish Talk | ZeroHedge
- Screw The Paleo Diet! | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece defaults on debt: IMF | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (FB, GOOG, NKE) | Business Insider
- British man launches crowdfunding bid to bail out Greece | Business Insider
- BI Intelligence | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Two French soldiers suspended over Burkina child sex... | Business Insider
- These are the questions that keep Mark Zuckerberg up at night | Business Insider