I smell a Short Sqeeze (JRCC,TASR,TSL)
All of the sudden, we have some good data coming out in the news. "IMF Provides New Short-Term Credit", and "Unemployment drops in three-quarters of US states". The market is technically oversold, and it's time to take a look at some stocks with Short Squeeze potential. At the top of our list is: James River Coal (JRCC),Trina Solar (TSL), and TASER International (TASR).
Let's jump into why these Short Squeeze stocks could pay off big:
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
James River Coal (JRCC) - Short Float 29.58%
JRCC missed some shipments last quarter and investors dumped the stock like Ashton Kutcher dumped Demi Moore. We think this is a great dip buy right now and the short squeeze could send shares back above the $10 level in short order.
Over the past 12 months James River Coal (JRCC) shares have traded between $5.41 and its 52-week high of $27.06. James River Coal Co shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 12.5 and EPS of 0.56.
TASER International (TASR) - Short Float 7.54%
Taser doesn't have a huge short percent, currently at only 7.54%. But the stock has been breaking out lately, and with the Occupy Wall Street movement going on, Tasers are selling like hotcakes.
Over the past 12 months TASER International (TASR) shares have traded between $3.55 and its 52-week high of $5.91. TASER International Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.02.
Trina Solar (TSL) - Short Float 24.03%
The carnage in the solar sector this year is unprecedented. In spite of that, Trina has been consolidating since October and looks ripe for a breakout and short squeeze. Let me make clear, however, that this is a short term play. Get in and out and place a tight stop limit order.
Over the past 12 months Trina Solar (TSL) shares have traded between $5.28 and its 52-week high of $31.08. Trina Solar Ltd shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 1.6 and EPS of 3.78.
MASTERY Bottom line:
This is the kind of play that can make you look like a genius if you're right, and a moron if you're wrong. So play it safe, scale into your positions and place some tight stop limit orders in case the trade goes the wrong way on you.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISM Manufacturing Tumbles To 13-Month Lows, Employment Slumps, Construction Spending Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished: Nasdaq 5000 | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Over At The "New York" Stock Exchange... Lasers | ZeroHedge
- A Savings Problem | Financial Sense
- Dollar Drivers: Central Bank Meetings, Jobs Data and More | ZeroHedge
- The Next Empire | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LEAKED: A preview of the coming redesign of the Financial Times website | Business Insider
- Hong Kong lawmakers hand themselves in to police over... | Business Insider
- The growing anti-science movement is making people in Silicon Valley nervous | Business Insider
- The 14 most inspirational quotes and moments from Kobe Bryant's auto-... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- This couple's budget shows how retirees can live on $31,000 a year | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek