Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump On What Happens Next: "Obamacare Will Explode" | ZeroHedge
- "If All Goes According To Plan": What Global Central Bank Normalization Would Look Like, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- NSA To Provide "Smoking Gun" Proof Obama Spied On Trump | ZeroHedge
- New Hedge Fund Fee Structures Reveal Traditional Model On Verge Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 24 | ZeroHedge
- Ignore This Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch a US Air Force crew's hilarious parody of the... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk wants Tesla customers to temper their... | Business Insider
- House Republican completely shuts down Steve Bannon... | Business Insider
- The eSports competitive video gaming market continues to grow revenues &... | Business Insider
- Apple just won a big victory in China | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Boat shoes belong in a frat house — here's what you should wear instead | Business Insider