Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Urban Bubble in Commercial Real Estate | Financial Sense
- Oil Headline Rescues Stocks From Bloodbath As Precious Metals Soar | ZeroHedge
- Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening | Financial Sense
- Tesla Releases Steaming Pile Of Epic "Non-GAAP" Gobbledygook; Stops Reporting Free Cash Flow; Stock Soars | ZeroHedge
- Agency Bond Rigging Probe Expands As Europe Grills Banks On SSA Debt | ZeroHedge
- Charlie Munger On Trump As President: "Anyone Who Makes Money Running A Casino Isn't Morally Qualified" | ZeroHedge
- Traders Are Throwing Up All Over This Market: "It Feels Like The Algos Are Hooked Up To Tinder" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A major Xbox One exclusive is coming with a bunch of great, free games... | Business Insider
- Kanye West defends vulgar lyric about Taylor Swift: 'It's actually... | Business Insider
- Samsung will give you a very good reason to pre-order its new Galaxy S7... | Business Insider
- The US will reopen a Cold War submarine hunting base in Iceland | Business Insider
- Kristen Wiig unveiled the worst impression of Super Bowl champ Peyton... | Business Insider
- 5 things to do when you miss a connecting flight | Business Insider
- The most popular New York City restaurants for Valentine's Day, according... | Business Insider