Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Alzheimers' America - Where Shit Happens & Is Promptly Forgotten | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Collapse Of The Middle Class In 20 Major U.S. Cities | ZeroHedge
- ANTIFA Upset For Not Being Able to Punch 'Nazis' Without Consequences | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Winning horse in presidential race was Trojan | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Stock Market at a Major Inflection Point? | Financial Sense
- Crude Crashes But Stocks Shrug Off Worst Weekly Plunge In Economic Data Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump announces 'BIG' rally on the same night as the... | Business Insider
- Scott Galloway: The big 4 have created enormous wealth by... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- Apple just nabbed two top Google executives to... | Business Insider
- Ontario is trying to burst Toronto's housing price bubble... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is entering a new era — and 4 jokes reveal the biggest... | Business Insider
- North Korea has detained a US citizen — the 3rd American... | Business Insider