Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Police Gas Student Protesters In Quebec | ZeroHedge
- "We're Just One Archduke Away..." | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- Fischer: Fed Going From “Ultra Expansionary” to “Extremely Expansionary” | Financial Sense
- For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed | Financial Sense
- Black Swan 2: This Is "The Next Critical Chapter In The Austrian Banking System Story" | ZeroHedge
- Complacency Reigns Supreme - "Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong", Right | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hedge funds don't want to be called hedge funds anymore | Business Insider
- The Arab world's poorest country is... | Business Insider
- Obama may be on the cusp of his 'legacy-setting' foreign policy achievement | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Here's how much Steve Jobs' used to obsess over presentations | Business Insider
- Hurry Kane quickly off mark, Spain sink Ukraine | Business Insider
- A huge gamer convention that threatened to withdraw from Indiana over its 'anti-... | Business Insider