Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Claims She "Kept Americans Safe" As Secretary, Was "Not Influenced By Any Outside Forces" | ZeroHedge
- A Gold Standard "Comes After War, Not Before" Macquarie Warns "The Private Sector Will Never Recover" | ZeroHedge
- EpiPen-demonium Drags Stocks To Worst Drop Since Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams Clinton Foundation As "Most Corrupt Enterprise In Political History" After Latest Donor Revelations | ZeroHedge
- The Disgusting Silence Fueling Crony Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- "Things Are Worse" - Dollar Stores' Startling Admission: Half Of US Consumers Are In Dire Straits | ZeroHedge
- How Canada Is Handling the Flood of Chinese Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MTV is reportedly giving Kanye West 4 minutes to do whatever he wants at the VMAs | Business Insider
- The Philippines has banned Pokemon Go in public offices | Business Insider
- Uber is providing drivers a chance to save for retirement | Business Insider
- There's a nasty new Netflix email scam going around... | Business Insider
- This infographic explains why the demand lithium-Ion batteries is... | Business Insider
- Meet the 94-year-old park ranger who works full-time and never wants... | Business Insider
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic... | Business Insider