Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Caterpillar Just Blew Away Earnings Expectations | ZeroHedge
- More Bubble Talk | iBankCoin.com
- Has Inflation in the U.S. Bottomed Out? | Financial Sense
- This Is How Empires Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Global Growth Is Picking Up – So Are Geopolitical Tensions | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap April 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Fighting Breaks Out As Ukraine Deploys Tanks, APCs, Troops In Slavyansk: Deaths Reported | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Market's New Reality | TheStreet.com
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant And Adventurer Dies... | Business Insider
- Here's a Simple Explanation of Net Neutrality And How It Affects You — In... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Microsoft Reports Earnings, Everything Is Right In Line (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Barbara Corcoran Reveals The Elements Of A Perfect... | Business Insider
- Ducati Has Made An Airbag Jacket For Motorcycle Riders | Business Insider