Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Unveils Only 11 Days Of POMO In September For A Mere $15 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Here Comes Scary September | iBankCoin.com
- Kick Russia Out Of SWIFT, UK Demands | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Explodes To Biggest Beat In 10 Months, Employment Drops Further | ZeroHedge
- Bueller, Bueller | Financial Sense
- But Dem Yields Doe | iBankCoin.com
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Abercrombie Is Making Three Drastic Changes To Lure Back Teens | Business Insider
- Why J.C. Penney's New Brooklyn Store Is Only Part of the Revival | TheStreet.com
- Filipino UN peacekeepers in Golan clash with Syrian... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- New York City's 2-Bedroom, 22-Person Apartment Is Your Worst Nightmare | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: An Insurance Tycoon Is Unloading His Plaza Hotel... | Business Insider
- CITI ANALYST: We Could See The S&P Surge To 2,400 Within Months (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT... | Business Insider