Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soaring Food Inflation Full Frontal: Beef, Pork And Shrimp Prices Soar To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Weibo Opens Way Below IPO Price | ZeroHedge
- India’s Nuclear Energy Future at Risk in Elections | Financial Sense
- Fourth Anniversary of Gulf Oil Spill: Wildlife Is Still Suffering from Toxic Cover Up | ZeroHedge
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
- Housing Bubble 2.0 Veers Elegantly Toward Housing Bust 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns American Civil Unrest Is Starting Right On Schedule | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why One Man Traveled Almost 3,000 Miles To Take On The Federal Government At A... | Business Insider
- Infants Are Unable To Play With Building... | Business Insider
- The Quest To Kill Cash: How Peer-To-Peer Payments Apps Are... | Business Insider
- How To Trick Your Mind Into Feeling Full | Business Insider
- New York Mayor Bill De Blasio Pays A Lower Tax Rate Than Mitt Romney | Business Insider
- Chipotle's Steak Burrito With Cheese And Guacamole Is Putting The Squeeze On Profit Margins (... | Business Insider
- Q&A: Flint Mobile CEO Greg... | Business Insider