Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is a Global Debt Deleveraging At Our Doorstep? | ZeroHedge
- It's The Fed, Stupid; Why Kuroda And Draghi Are No Match For Quantitative Tightening | ZeroHedge
- "What If China Devalues To 8?" BofA Warns Of "Profound" Consequences For Commodities, Financial System | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Firms Edging Out Samsung and Apple in the Smartphone Industry | Financial Sense
- Why The Rally Just Fizzled: Draghi's "Puff" Was Not Enough | ZeroHedge
- The Alarming Regularity of 6 and 7-Sigma Events Illustrates Why a Deep Understanding of Banker-Induced Fraud is a Necessity | ZeroHedge
- eVIXeration & Gartman Send Stocks Soaring "Back To Normal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former Austin police officer charged in girlfriend's... | Business Insider
- Barclays is selling a bulk of its Portuguese assets — but the... | Business Insider
- Latest on US Open: Madison Keys makes 3rd round for 1st... | Business Insider
- APNewsBreak: Egg group scrambled over eggless mayo maker | Business Insider
- Worker who helped Clinton set up email server takes Fifth... | Business Insider
- Rhino crushes tour guide to death in Zimbabwe | Business Insider
- Latest on US Open: Errani overcomes dizziness to win in 3 | Business Insider