Solar Tariffs on China: Good for FSLR and SPWR
The Commerce Department affirmined its ruling yesterday that certain Chinese companies dumped their products on the U.S. market and received unfair subsidies from the Chinese government.
The department adjusted some of the tariffs it wants to impose on the Chinese makers, with some companies seeing a slightly lower burden and others a slight increase. The tariffs generally range from about 24% to nearly 36% for leading Chinese makers.
The department said Chinese solar-panel makers including Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP) -2.31% and Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL) have been selling panels at unfairly low prices.
What does this mean for U.S. Solar Sector stocks such as First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR)?
Obviously, there will be less supply dumped on the market, so Solar Panel margins won't continue their death spiral to 0.
Mastery Bottom Line:
It could be a great time to get back in to Solar. The Masters recommend FSLR and SPWR.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And The 'Fakest' Country In The World Is... | ZeroHedge
- Active Shooter Barricaded At Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood, Multiple People Shot | ZeroHedge
- Haidt-Speak - Coddling, Cry-Bullies, & Ending The Micro-aggression Culture | ZeroHedge
- Shanghai Futures Exchange Appeals To Sellers: "Please Be Rational" | ZeroHedge
- Meet Captagon: The Drug Of Choice For Today's Anxious Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- Do Not Panic America - Elite FBI Teams Are Tracking At least 48 "High Risk" ISIS Suspects In The US | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chad Carr honored with moment of silence before The Game | Business Insider
- Rain, ice coat parts of Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas | Business Insider
- Iran unveils upgraded model for oil contracts | Business Insider
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield expected to play vs Oklahoma St | Business Insider
- This guy combined photos of celebrities to create portraits of flawless... | Business Insider
- Kenya police: 2 Kenyans arrested for spying for Iran | Business Insider
- Texas Tech ran a brilliant, old-fashioned fumblerooski to beat Texas | Business Insider