Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GeoRGe SoReASS | ZeroHedge
- IRS Blames Taxpayer Data Breach On Russian "Crime Syndicates" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Moves Since QE3 Have Been A Warning To Mainstream Economists, Not Cause For Celebrations | ZeroHedge
- Key Iraq War Architect: “Our Objective Should Be a New Sunni State Out of the Western Part Of Iraq, the Eastern Part of Syria” | ZeroHedge
- NoW FoR SoME WoRDS FRoM A WooDeN DuMMY... | ZeroHedge
- Japan Pleases Markets With Surprise Growth | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Is "100% Guarantee from Legal and Political Risks" - Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cleveland Cavaliers sweep Hawks to reach NBA finals | Business Insider
- Google confirms that a 'buy' button is coming to... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Hillary Clinton is winning the Hollywood primary | Business Insider
- There's a way to make 'healthy' McDonald’s french fries, and you only... | Business Insider
- Greece's hopes for a quick deal are getting smashed to... | Business Insider
- 'Dementor' wasp, giant stick insect among new... | Business Insider