Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bumping Into Resistance | Financial Sense
- Global Stocks, Futures Jump On Barrage Of Bad Economic News; Glencore Surges, Volkswagen Slumps | ZeroHedge
- Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- What Will Happen To Oil Prices When China Fills Its SPR? | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- Overshooting to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Nickels, Meet Steamroller: Embattled Bank Suckers Hedge Funds Into EM Insurance Bet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The guy who sold Oracle a company for $950 million just got $85 million for his next startup... | Business Insider
- Montreal eager to get back to playoffs for deeper run | Business Insider
- Ten years of searching for Pakistan's earthquake... | Business Insider
- You've got to see this crazy demo for Microsoft's... | Business Insider
- Sunken US ship had sufficient lifeboats, but terrible... | Business Insider
- Fuming Fever ready to crank it back up in Indy for Game 3... | Business Insider
- Pastor's sermon: 'Violence will not have the last word... | Business Insider