Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bitcoin Derivatives Market Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- South Korea Unveils It's Own Air Defense Zone, Overlapping China's And Japan's | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Triumph Of "Ron Paul"-ism | ZeroHedge
- Gold: A Chance for a Bottom | Financial Sense
- Enormous Discrepancy Between Jobs and Employment Continues | Financial Sense
- Banks Outperform the Market With Regional Banks Pulling Ahead | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Risk Soars To 4 Year High As Opposition Offices Raided, Protests Continue - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector | Business Insider
- Vladimir Putin Just Dissolved A Major State-Run Media Organization That's Been Around For Decades | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- ANALYST: Here Are 5 Reasons I Just Went... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Here's How To Check Out Your 20 Biggest Moments Of 2013 On Facebook | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Brands Are Picking Instagram For... | Business Insider