Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Civil "Wrongs" | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- On This Day, 138 Years Ago, The Idea Of QE Was Born | ZeroHedge
- "Failed" Bund Auction At Record Low Yield And All Other Key Overnight Events | ZeroHedge
- Hacked US Documents Said To Reveal Extent Of Undisclosed US "Lethal Aid" For Ukraine Army | ZeroHedge
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NFL THANKSGIVING: Here Are Our Official Predictions For... | Business Insider
- Samsung sells defence, petrochemical units for $1.7 bn | Business Insider
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- The Cost Of Thanksgiving Dinner Has Been Going Nowhere | Business Insider
- Michael Brown's Mother Says He Was 'Running For His Life... | Business Insider
- Ousted Retrophin CEO Sold Stock While Urging Investors to Buy | TheStreet.com
- The 20 College Majors That Lead To The Most Satisfying Careers... | Business Insider