Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s Coming | iBankCoin.com
- Web Poll: Bullish or Bearish? | iBankCoin.com
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap July 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- With 1 Week Left Until Argentina's 'D'efault-Day, Judge Blasts "Judgments Are Judgments" | ZeroHedge
- 51 Dead As TransAsia Flight Makes Forced Landing In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- As Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 600 Israel Ambassador Says IDF Deserve Nobel Peace Prize For "Unimaginable Restraint" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs Managing Director Dies After East Hampton Kite Surfing Accident | Business Insider
- How Malaysia Airlines Can Be Saved From Financial And Reputational Ruin | Business Insider
- Here's Why The EU Still Won't Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/... | StreetInsider.com
- Russians Trust Putin And His Military As Much As Ever | Business Insider
- 17 Facts About North Korea That Will Blow Your Mind | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, HAL, AAPL, HAS, AGN, VRX, HLF... | Business Insider