Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q2 Earnings Success - Will It Stick Around? | Financial Sense
- St. Louis County Justice Center On Lockdown, Besieged By Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Tonight: Tensions Boil Over Again, "Ferguson Ain't America No More, You Can't Even Walk" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Cybercrime’s Global Costs | Financial Sense
- US To Sue Angelo Mozilo, Again | ZeroHedge
- Why The Casino Is Dangerous: There Is Nothing Below | ZeroHedge
- Lucid Dreaming! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Google Chrome Extensions That Will Boost Your... | Business Insider
- 10 Of The Biggest Lies Students Hear Before They Get To College | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Nintendo Is Missing Out On A Huge Opportunity By Not Addressing Diehard Fans In China | Business Insider
- Did You Notice These 21 Companies Changed Their Logos This Year? | Business Insider
- People Outraged After Retailer Leaves Gamora Off '... | Business Insider
- Reasons to Sell Google, Wells Fargo, Tibco, LKQ, SL Green Realty Now | TheStreet.com