Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler, One Week After Telling Brussels "F**k You" | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Soar After French Press "Confirm" Deutsche Bank Near Settlement With DOJ | ZeroHedge
- Congress Gets "Case Of Rapid-Onset Buyer's Remorse" One Day After Passing 9/11 Bill | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Q3 GDP Estimate Tumbles To 2.4% From A High Of 3.8% | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- US Outcry Over Syria... Tears Followed By NATO Bombs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Machine learning has boosted Google's... | Business Insider
- I wore the helmet of America’s most expensive war machine and there's nothing quite like it | Business Insider
- TomTom to supply mapping data to Volvo and Volkswagen (VOW3, VOLVB, TOM2) | Business Insider
- The super rich are getting stung by the oil slump | Business Insider
- The 30 highest-paying jobs you can get with a bachelor's... | Business Insider
- Former Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura says 'American Sniper'... | Business Insider
- This is the main reason why people are upgrading to the iPhone 7 (AAPL) | Business Insider