Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- OFFICIAL RELEASE: World Silver Deficits –12 Years Running | ZeroHedge
- US Real Estate: The Lay of the Land | Financial Sense
- Busted: Hillary Caught Coordinating With CNN To Smear Rand Paul | ZeroHedge
- One by One the Central Banks Are Losing Control | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- "On The Cusp Of A Staggering Default Wave": Energy Intelligence Issues Apocalyptic Warning For The Energy Sector | ZeroHedge
- China Unleashes Perfect Storm Of Bad News Prompting Stock Market Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Conservatives at odds with Obama, and science, on climate... | Business Insider
- LG Display plans multi-billion OLED plant | Business Insider
- Strikes on IS city, focus of international campaign, kill... | Business Insider
- 24 of the best gifts for the science-lover in your life | Business Insider
- Apple's Beats has splurged out for a sponsored Snapchat Lens this Black Friday (... | Business Insider
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish... | Business Insider
- LatAm hands climate bill to rich world at summit | Business Insider