Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Oligarchy Is Tottering - Trump Tramples The Neocons' "False Song Of Globalism" | ZeroHedge
- Why The Hard-Sell For The "Self-Driving" Car? | ZeroHedge
- Why Canada's Oil Industry May Never Be The Same | ZeroHedge
- Oil's Latest Casualty: Saudi Binladin Group Fires 50,000, A Quarter Of Its Workforce | ZeroHedge
- "There’s Some Crazy Stuff Going On In New York" As Rental Glut Finally Hits The Bottom Line | ZeroHedge
- Consumer "Hope" Slumps As Inflation Expectations Hit Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Is The World Getting Crazier, But We No Longer Notice? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MasterCard's strong start to 2016 | Business Insider
- One man invented a smart touchscreen mirror that you have to see | Business Insider
- Here's how the Internet of Things will... | Business Insider
- Oil rig count falls for 6th straight week (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- A former Goldman Sachs employee has condensed an entire MBA into one online... | Business Insider
- Use this hack to make any iTunes song your iPhone ringtone | Business Insider
- The face of the US Army has changed forever | Business Insider