Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High | Financial Sense
- Crude Slides After US Oil Rig Count Rises For First Time Since December | ZeroHedge
- Yelp Plunges 11%, Halted After CEO Gives Up Trying To Find Buyer | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Here is How The Next Crisis Will Play Out | ZeroHedge
- 17 Year Federal Judge Savages 'War On Drugs': "This Is A War I Saw Destroy Lives... Makes No Sense" | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How much homeowners should expect to pay on top of their mortgage in 15 major US... | Business Insider
- Here's the manual that Al Qaeda and now ISIS use to... | Business Insider
- Djokovic, Serena, Sharapova eye Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Here comes another mega-... | Business Insider
- The 25 most famous business books summarised in a single sentence each | Business Insider
- A company spun out of Alibaba is now worth as much as $50... | Business Insider
- China firm to punish 'unscheduled' pregnancies: report... | Business Insider