Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Refreshing Summer Pause | iBankCoin.com
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks Playfully Damaging Bears | iBankCoin.com
- Doing Channel Checks Into El Pollo Loco | iBankCoin.com
- Multiple Reports: Ukrainian Fighter Jets Were with Malaysian Flight 17 When It Was Shot Down | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Flat While China Surges On More Stimulus And Bailout Hopes | ZeroHedge
- Second US Citizen Infected With Ebola In Liberia, Which Shuts Down Borders To Slow Epidemic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Weekend Is Over And Stocks Are Falling | Business Insider
- Dodge Could Be Building The Most Powerful Sedan Ever | Business Insider
- Multiple News Sites Publish Corrections After Falling For Fake Story... | Business Insider
- China Troubles Bite McDonald's: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- What Richard Branson Wants You To Learn From A Virgin Galactic Intern | Business Insider
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew Warns Tax Inversions Are Increasing At 'Breakneck Speed'... | Business Insider
- The 17 Fastest Ways To Get Ahead In Your Career | Business Insider