Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Iran Furious After Obama Said To Extend Iran Sanctions; Oil Jumps To 2016 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Clinton & Trump Aides Forum Devolves Into Screaming Match - "I Would Rather Lose Than Win The Way You Did" | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Tells Investors: Ignore Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- CNN Caught in Locker Room Talk; Crew Jokes About Trump's Plane Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Obama Supports Forcing Women To Register For Military Draft | ZeroHedge
- Russian Cargo Ship Headed For International Space Station Burns Up Above Siberia After Loss Of Contact | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Scramble For Gold In China Sends Premiums To 3 Year High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Bonds are getting demolished | Business Insider
- Labor force participation ticks down | Business Insider
- Air France should be worried — its competition just got stronger | Business Insider
- 5 super toxic people to avoid at work | Business Insider
- Scientists have finally figured out why astronauts lose their vision while in space | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson reveals the biggest misconceptions people have about the... | Business Insider