Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kraft Heinz Withdraws $143 Billion Offer For Unilever, After Warren Buffett Got Cold Feet | ZeroHedge
- New Political Turmoil In Italy After Renzi Quits As Ruling Party Leader, Triggering Re-election Battle | ZeroHedge
- "There's Something Weird Going On": Jeff Snider On The Global Dollar Shortage | ZeroHedge
- Which Nation Do Americans See As Their Greatest Enemy (Spoiler Alert: It's Not Russia) | ZeroHedge
- Maryland Considers Teaching Kids That Boys Are Presumed Guilty In Rape Accusations | ZeroHedge
- What Is Good for the Dollar Is Bad for Gold | Financial Sense
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A psychologist explains how important sex is in... | Business Insider
- Here's why Trump conducts foreign policy in public | Business Insider
- 'A natural outgrowth of America electing a reality show president... | Business Insider
- A top New York City chef shows how to make the perfect burger | Business Insider
- Trump cited a nonexistent incident in Sweden... | Business Insider
- A newly discovered Churchill essay on aliens is a... | Business Insider
- One of Wall Street's top equity... | Business Insider