Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- American CEOs Sum Up The Economic Outlook: "Softness, Stagnant, Cautious, Challenging" | ZeroHedge
- With A Hard-Landing Imminent, China Reminds Residents It Is Illegal To Jump Off Tops Of Buildings | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Path To 'Amnesty' (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- The Iran Nuclear Talks (In 1 Lonely Photo) | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Proof That Golf And Economics Don't Mix | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trouble in Casinoland: Caesars, Revel, Trump Entertainment Resorts | TheStreet.com
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills 50:... | Business Insider
- Time to act on energy security, Biden tells EU | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Don't Be Afraid To Cancel Cable — Here's How To Get All The Programs You... | Business Insider
- Albania opens Hoxha's top secret Cold War... | Business Insider