Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things - Fed Mistake, ECB QE, Housing | ZeroHedge
- "It's Different This Time" GDP Hockey-Sticks Edition | ZeroHedge
- Syriza’s Victory Is Not the End but the Beginning | Financial Sense
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
- Exploring the Clash Within Civilizations | Financial Sense
- The Mexican Peso & Brazilian Real Are Collapsing | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Syriza? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 35 arrests in Vienna as far-right ball demos held | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- The 'Shark Tank' investors agree that this is the worst pitch they've seen on... | Business Insider
- The judge was brutal on the Venezuelan financier who ran the biggest Ponzi scheme... | Business Insider
- Here are our official predictions for who wins the Super Bowl | Business Insider
- Android is suddenly surrounded by enemies (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Patriots Have Been The Better Team In 2014, But The Seahawks Enter The Super Bowl... | Business Insider