Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stop Drinking The Kool-Aid, America: Political Fiction In An Age Of Televised Lies | ZeroHedge
- The Economics of the Saudi's "take-the-money-and-run" Strategy | ZeroHedge
- Everything Hinges on Inflation (Expectations) | Financial Sense
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Goldman Raises September Rate Hike Odds To 30%, Sees 70% Probability Of Another Hike in 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Are Apple Options Traders Too Complacent Ahead Of Earnings? | ZeroHedge
- "Bigger Than Brexit?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bernie Sanders started a revolution he can no longer... | Business Insider
- Dan Loeb is betting on China's answer to Uber | Business Insider
- Watch lightning strike the Empire State Building | Business Insider
- The top retailer in the world has a dirty little secret — and it's... | Business Insider
- This is the first rumor we’ve seen about the 2018 iPhone, and it’s a real doozy (... | Business Insider
- Here's what Rio's 'uninhabitable' Olympic village looks... | Business Insider
- The worst might be yet to come with the DNC email hack | Business Insider