Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts: Killary Will Be The Last US President | ZeroHedge
- Trump And Hillary Don't Know How To Fix The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
- Mizuho CEO Warns Japan Sales Tax Delay Is "Admission Abenomics Has Failed" | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- Is The Fed At Risk Of Choking The Market? | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Not The America My Parents Immigrated To In 1957" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Verizon has reached a deal with unions... | Business Insider
- EX-FBI HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR: Here's the best way to spot a liar | Business Insider
- Here's how Roku plans to beat Google, Amazon, and Apple | Business Insider
- 5 important things you probably missed on this week's 'Game of... | Business Insider
- 36% of Americans consider themselves fans of the NBA | Business Insider
- This is Saudi Arabia's 'Achilles' heel' | Business Insider
- The hourly wage needed to rent a 2-bedroom apartment is rising | Business Insider