Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jack Ma Accuses The US Of Spending $14 Trillion On War Instead Of Its People | ZeroHedge
- Ex-WSJ Reporter Finds George Soros Has Ties To More Than 50 "Partners" Of The Women’s March | ZeroHedge
- "Common Sense" Part 2 - Addressed To The Inhabitants Of 2017 America | ZeroHedge
- What Trump Means For Vol Trading: "This Is The Start Of Global Regime Change" | ZeroHedge
- Negative Trump Coverage Is Long-Term Threat to His Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
- A Trade War Is in No One's Interest | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Tom Brady's résumé from when he didn't think he'd make it in the NFL... | Business Insider
- How Facebook is trying to get people psyched about its $3 billion bet on virtual... | Business Insider
- TIFFANY & CO.: Trump Tower is killing our business (... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- We now know why Samsung Galaxy... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The story of 'Slender Man' — the internet’s creepiest urban legend | Business Insider