Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On the 3rd Anniversary of Fukushima, a Look Back at the Cover Up | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror | Financial Sense
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
- Bank Of England Restructures After FX Probe But Not Responsible "For Hunting For Rigging Of Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Yen Breaks 103, Sends Stocks Reeling | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: Bears Have It Wrong—U.S. Not Stuck With Permanently Slow Growth | Financial Sense
- Much Can Happen Between Now and Memorial Day | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL, TWTR, T... | Business Insider
- The 23-Year-Old Who's On Fire On The PGA Tour Wants To Be The Next Tiger Woods | Business Insider
- A Canadian Company Says It Has Developed A Post-Workout Beer | Business Insider
- Apple Has 'Objectively Insane' Patent Demands For Samsung | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Why Tesla Is Going After the Christie Administration | TheStreet.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek