Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ebola Discoverer Warns Deadly Virus Will Hit China | ZeroHedge
- Bond Buyers Spooked By Imminent FOMC, Lead To Tailing 5 Year Auction, Lowest Bid To Cover Since July 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Mysterious Chinese Buyer Of Record Crude Oil Cargoes Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Worth Observing Today | iBankCoin.com
- In Memoriam: Abenomics | ZeroHedge
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
- Why Every Banker On Wall Street Suddenly Wants To Be Jefferies' Managing Director Sage Kelly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Striking Photographs Show The Accidental Beauty Of Brooklyn's Toxic... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 11 Reasons Why Getting An MBA Beats Getting A CFA | Business Insider
- The Director Of The Viral Catcalling Video Explains Why It Was Actually Street... | Business Insider
- LG Electronics reports Q3 profit jumps 87% | Business Insider
- Microsoft Has A New Way To Woo Android, iOS App Developers (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Boehner Goes Off On Obama After White House Official Calls Netanyahu... | Business Insider