Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts: Trump Vs. Hillary Summarized | ZeroHedge
- The Real Threat... Violence From The Left | ZeroHedge
- The EpiPen Scandal Is Worse Than You Think: What You’re Not Being Told | ZeroHedge
- China's Great Divide: A New Cultural Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- The Man Who Fabricates China's Econ Data Was Arrested For "Selling Power For Sex" And "Lacking Political Faith" | ZeroHedge
- The Disgusting Silence Fueling Crony Capitalism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Walmart could bounce back big in e-commerce | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Carmelo Anthony went to a corner store in a monogrammed robe with a stack of... | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- A new definition of what's sexy is spurring a revolution... | Business Insider
- Startup DroneDeploy raises $20 million | Business Insider
- Richard Branson: 'I really thought I was going to die' | Business Insider