Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Announcement Met With Disdain | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Warns "The Global Economy Is Going Round In (Smaller & Smaller) Circles" | ZeroHedge
- The 2015 Untrustworthies Report - Why Social Security Could Be Bankrupt In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- German Government Launches Investigation of Journalists for Treason | ZeroHedge
- Greece May Miss ECB Payment As Germany Says Bailout Timeline Is Unrealistic | ZeroHedge
- Why Do So Many Working Age Americans Choose Not To Enter The Workforce? | ZeroHedge
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to save a ton of money when using your smartphone overseas | Business Insider
- The 10 best examples of video game music being completely amazing | Business Insider
- 'Detoxing' is a waste of time and money — here's what you should do instead | Business Insider
- 14 books Mark Zuckerberg thinks everyone should read | Business Insider
- A group of students have figured out a way to disrupt the period industry in... | Business Insider
- A giant panda 'faked pregnancy' to get better treatment... | Business Insider
- Japan consumer inflation tepid, spending down in June | Business Insider