Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Drilling Our Way Into Oblivion: Shale Was About Land Gambling With Cheap Debt, Not Technological Miracles | ZeroHedge
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Credit Doesn't Care What the FOMC Says: The "Recovery" That Never Was Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Bulls Regain Upper Hand | ZeroHedge
- 150 Years Of Global Monetary Policy Summed Up In One Word (And 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- What Are Technical Indicators Saying About the Market? | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Dec 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DraftKings' $1 Billion Fantasy Momentum Could Mean a Big IPO in 2016 | TheStreet.com
- Growth Fears Nick Nike, but Basketball Sneakers May Save the Day | TheStreet.com
- Rite Aid Surges on Profit Guidance: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- 17 Mindblowing Facts About North Korea | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Will Lower Oil Prices Threaten Whiting Petroleum, the New King of Bakken? | TheStreet.com
- 16 Wacky Houses From Around The Globe | Business Insider