Stocks get Curb Stomped - Except Sonus Networks (SONS)
Straight out of American History X - the majority of stocks were brutally curb stomped today.
But not the VOIP stocks, they are all the rage in 2011.
Shares of Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS) increased 33.33% today, Sonus Networks is a provider of infrastructure for VOIP.
Vonage (NYSE:VG) shares are up 167% YTD. The move for Sonus was due to their Q4 Earnings call. Here's what you need to know:
- Shares jumped 33% in trading today after announcing better-than-expected Q4 earnings and 2011 guidance.
- Revenue in Q4 grew 21% from the year-ago quarter, a big surprise compared to the consensus forecast of basically flat revenue.
- Guidance for 2011 calls for revenue growth of 6% to 14% and suggests the year could be slightly profitable.
Mastery Bottom Line: A 33% gain in one day is pretty huge, so look for a slight pullback in Sonus if you're thinking about adding shares to your portfolio. If they can continue to exceed analyst estimates, shares should continue to move upwards.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rents Are Too Damn High: NYC Retail Vacancies Soar As Commercial Rents Start To Rollover | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- ObamaCare Architect Admits "The Law Is Working As Designed" As Premiums Spike | ZeroHedge
- Earnings 'Magic' Exposed | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 28 | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For The Pirates: Direct Democracy Driven Political Party May Gain Power In Iceland | ZeroHedge
- Is Britain Destroying Its Military To Appease Enemies? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The artist behind Penny Arcade has been using Microsoft's new drawing... | Business Insider
- Trump to Stephanopoulos: 'You can tell your military expert that I... | Business Insider
- Tesla shares spike after it beats on revenue and maintains its outlook for car deliveries... | Business Insider
- This startup wants to mix the best things about credit and debit into a single... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right... | Business Insider
- Meet the top 100 business visionaries creating... | Business Insider
- NATO is launching short-notice military exercises... | Business Insider