Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EVERYONE LOSES | iBankCoin.com
- 3 Things: No Money, Wall Street's Big Scam, Bottom 80% | ZeroHedge
- China Hard Landing: Blame The Smog | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Imposes Naval Blockade On Red Sea Strait, Deploys 150,000 Troops As Iran Condemns Military Action | ZeroHedge
- Waiting & Watching | iBankCoin.com
- Bonds Shaken, Stocks Stirred; Oil & Dollar Will Die Another Day | ZeroHedge
- Germanwings Co-Pilot "Deliberately Destroyed" Airplane, Identified As 28-Year Old German Citizen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why you should never wear leather-soled dress shoes in the rain | Business Insider
- HOWARD MARKS: Liquidity is not how easily you can sell something, but what price you... | Business Insider
- Facebook explains why it needs Instagram, WhatsApp, AND... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Magic just showed its first product to investors on Monday — now it may be worth $40... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek