Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Deadly Undercurrent of Deflation | Financial Sense
- Russia Today Anchor Quits Live On Air Over "Whitewashed" Coverage Of Putin | ZeroHedge
- 2 Charts Explain Slowest Economic Growth In History | ZeroHedge
- A Lackluster Start to the Year | Financial Sense
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Obama Spoke To Putin For One Hour: White House Summarizes The Conversation | ZeroHedge
- JNUGs JNUGs JNUGs, Smokin’ Gold, Gold, Gold | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UBER RIVAL CEO: Uber Is For The Rich, We're For Everyone Else | Business Insider
- These $75,000 Toilet Seats Come With A Free Put Option | Business Insider
- This App Will Help You Figure Out How Your Coffee Addiction Is Affecting Your Sleep | Business Insider
- ‘Powerful Questions' Are Key To Being A Better Manager | Business Insider
- Jessica Alba Returns In First 'Sin City' Sequel Trailer | Business Insider
- Coffee Prices Are Crashing Up | Business Insider
- Daughter Of Overnight Viral Sensation Terry Shipman Tells The Story Behind The Most Adorable... | Business Insider