Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- HaZMaT BuDDieS... | ZeroHedge
- Wealth Inequality Is Not A Problem, It’s A Symptom | ZeroHedge
- When Confidence Crumbles | ZeroHedge
- The Wrong Idea About Inflation | Financial Sense
- The Commodities Trading Cheat-Sheet | ZeroHedge
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are The Biggest Trends Shaping The E-Commerce Industry Ahead Of The Holidays | Business Insider
- ‘Shark Tank’ Investor Says This Is The One Thing You Need To Master... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer Says the No. 1 Issue to the Stock Market Is Ebola | TheStreet.com
- Jimmy Kimmel Asks Anti-GMO People What GMOs Are — And Hilariously, They Have No Idea | Business Insider
- Novelty Glasses Entrepreneurs Get Laughed At, But Still Land A $300,000 Investment On... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong police charge leaves protesters injured | Business Insider
- Notre Dame Coach Explains Why The Penalty Call That Lost Them The Florida State Game Was Wrong | Business Insider