Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Russian Roulette" - Credit Suisse CEO Admits "EU Banks Not Really Investable" | ZeroHedge
- Turkish-Born Cascade Mall Shooter Facing Voter Fraud Charge As WA Law Prohibits "Verifying Citizenship" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Reckons With a New Reality | Financial Sense
- OilPECalypse Sparks Stock-Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- NiRP BY MaRiO... | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I've been advising startups for 10 years — here... | Business Insider
- Look at how many executives have left Twitter over the years | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This 7-minute workout is all you need to get in shape | Business Insider
- Amid all the hot cars at the Paris Motor Show, Infiniti has introduced a... | Business Insider
- US approves $7 billion sale of dozens of fighter... | Business Insider
- Russia is beefing up its air force in Syria | Business Insider