Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Norway Builds A Wall, Because Migrants | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Discusses “Tools”: She’s 70% Confident That Rates Will Be Between 0 and 4.5% in 2018 | Financial Sense
- Cracking Open a Six-Pack | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Aug 28, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- New Evidence Reveals Iran Evaded Sanctions, Continued Nuclear Weapon Development With Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Nationalist Tensions Rise As Sarkozy Slams "Calais Jungle", Demands "Britain Deal With Asylum Seekers In Britain" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Homicides in Mexico have reached a grisly milestone | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is missing the real threat | Business Insider
- This is what might happen when robots take over banking | Business Insider
- The maker of EpiPens says it gives thousands to schools free — and it may get huge... | Business Insider
- Turkish air strikes in Syria reportedly kill 25... | Business Insider