Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Trap Has Been Laid | iBankCoin.com
- Cop Sues NYPD Over Quotas, Slams The Racketeering Culture | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Is Grooming A Former Goldman Banker To Become America's Next Treasury Secretary | ZeroHedge
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 5 | ZeroHedge
- Milestones in Bond Insanity: Mexico Sells 100-Year Bonds | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bremmer: This is why Putin is one of the world's most influential... | Business Insider
- Warner Bros. releases the full official 'Batman V Superman' teaser trailer | Business Insider
- Thousands march in Europe against US-EU free trade pact | Business Insider
- General Electric whiffs on revenue (GE) | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Phelps wins on return, could get world champs invite | Business Insider
- There is a secret menu at Chipotle — here's what to order | Business Insider