Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Trump Tax Plan? Key Senate Panel Has Not Even Seen It | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- Paul Tudor Jones Has A Message For Janet Yellen: "Be Terrified" | ZeroHedge
- Is China Trying To (Slowly) Burst Another Stock Market Bubble? | ZeroHedge
- Operation Gotham Shield: U.S. Gov't To "Simulate Nuke Blast Over Manhattan" | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to pull water out of thin air, even in the... | Business Insider
- Ford CEO reveals his company’s plan to get cars to hit 54 miles per... | Business Insider
- I finally tried the slipper I've been seeing ads for all over Facebook, and I loved... | Business Insider
- Trump predicts the attack in Paris will have a... | Business Insider
- Thousands face lead hazards in their drinking water — Trump... | Business Insider
- American oil is in a 'sweet spot' | Business Insider
- Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs | Business Insider