Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Sinks Stocks, Craters Credit | ZeroHedge
- HSBC Cancels Pay Freeze After Two Weeks Following "Staff Revolt" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman Is Down 18.6% After First 5 Weeks Of 2016; Down 41% From August 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- Mutual Funds, ETFs at Risk of a Run Warns Stockman | ZeroHedge
- The Urban Bubble in Commercial Real Estate | Financial Sense
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- KYLE BASS: China is already out of money | Business Insider
- Billionaire Bill Ackman wrote an op-ed in support of Bloomberg for president... | Business Insider
- Google's driverless cars just got a big boost from the... | Business Insider
- Insurance concerns could threaten Iran's oil exports | Business Insider
- NASA just released a jaw-dropping 360 degree photo that makes you feel like... | Business Insider
- If you're thinking about retiring overseas, consider these places | Business Insider
- A town in Romania has the most cheerful cemetery on the planet | Business Insider