Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
- RBC: "We Are Seeing A Complete Breakdown In The Model" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Financial Myths You Should Ignore | ZeroHedge
- Microsoft Outlook Hit By Another Global Service Outage | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Disturbing Video Footage Shows Moment Of Deadly London Attack | ZeroHedge
- Credibility Of Cyber Firm That Claimed Russia Hacked The DNC Comes Under Serious Question | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This subscription service brings exclusive fitness studio classes to your home | Business Insider
- There's a big difference between Reaganomics and... | Business Insider
- Luxury camping retreats complete with in-tent massages could be the future of weekend... | Business Insider
- Trumpcare is causing Wall Street to question Trump... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 21 high-paying side jobs you can do in your spare time | Business Insider
- THE VOICE ASSISTANT LANDSCAPE REPORT: How artificially intelligent voice assistants are changing... | Business Insider