Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Skill I Kept Practicing To Save My Life | Altucher Confidential
- Here Comes Yellen: Fed Is "Monitoring" Financial Markets, Ready To Provide Liquidity With Swap Lines | ZeroHedge
- Here Is Why One Credit Rating Agency Believes Russia Is Safer Than The US | ZeroHedge
- The Triviality Of Terrorism | ZeroHedge
- Stress Test 2016: Fed Says All 33 Banks Can Surive 70 VIX Without Needing Outside Capital | ZeroHedge
- Deadlocked Supreme Court Blocks Obama Immigration Plan | ZeroHedge
- British Discontent About The EU: Only A Precursor To Unrest On The Continent | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China: At least 40 countries... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump just took a surreal post-Brexit victory lap | Business Insider
- Snapchat users are more engaged than any other social media... | Business Insider
- PALIN ON BREXIT: 'May UN shackles be next on the chopping block' | Business Insider
- 7 stupid beliefs even the smartest people have about money | Business Insider
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick explains how to find 'the innovator's playground... | Business Insider
- Restaurants are using this method to keep you coming back (... | Business Insider