Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Homeownership Rate Drops To 1983 Levels: Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Technical Lines in the Sand; All Eyes on the FOMC | Financial Sense
- Oil Breaks Below $80 | Financial Sense
- The Schizomedia Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- According To Russell Napier Which World Has No Volume, No Volatility And Rising Prices? The USSR | ZeroHedge
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like The Swiss Gold Status Quo Showdown | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Cuts 2015, 2016 EPS Forecasts On "Diminished Global GDP Growth" Just As Fed Surprises With Hawkish Outlook | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jerry Jones Explains What He Was Doing Talking To His Head Coach In The Middle Of A... | Business Insider
- LIVE: Facebook's Earnings Are Right In Line With Expectations, And The Stock Is Going Nowhere... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Cramer on Stocks and Investing: How to Game This Clueless Market | TheStreet.com
- Norway's Island Prison For Violent Criminals Looks Like No Prison We've Ever Seen | Business Insider
- Taiwan tycoon faces more charges in food safety scandal | Business Insider
- The Russian Currency Collapse Just Wiped Out Nearly $3 Billion Of Rosneft's Profits... | Business Insider