Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Pans Ukraine's Debt Moratorium As "De Facto Default", Threatens Court | ZeroHedge
- You Know It's A Fiscal Crisis When... Republicans Raise Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- SEC Commissioner Furious That SEC Has Made A Mockery Of "Recidivist Criminal Behavior" By Banks | ZeroHedge
- JPM Warns UK Referendum More Likely In 2016 Than 2017 - The Pros & Cons Of Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Not Thursday Humor: Saudi Arabia Plans To Head U.N. Human Rights Council | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Accidentally E-mails Top-Secret Brexit Plan To Newspaper | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most Americans have never tried the most popular beer in the world | Business Insider
- New York celebrates opening of World Trade Center deck | Business Insider
- I sequenced my DNA at a community lab in Brooklyn — and what I learned surprised me | Business Insider
- Sold! to the man with $12,400: a pair of Japanese melons | Business Insider
- A tiny European country is making Russia extremely nervous | Business Insider
- Early Twitter investor Chris... | Business Insider
- Here's a look at Michelle Obama's explosive workout routine | Business Insider