Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Taxpayer Faces $230 Million Loss As Spain's 'Solyndra' Files For Creditor Protection | ZeroHedge
- The Looming Land Of The Not-So-Free: 40% Of Millennials Would Censor Offensive Speech | ZeroHedge
- Is Turkey Lying: Rescued Russian Pilot Says There Was No Warning Before F-16 Opened Fire | ZeroHedge
- WTI Holds Losses After DOE Confirms Large Cushing Inventory Build Despite Crude Production Cut | ZeroHedge
- Pardoning The Wrong Turkey? | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- "The Redcoats Are Coming!" Britain Moves Closer To Launching Anti-ISIS Airstrikes In Syria | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Winds and high tides damage Alaska beach art installation... | Business Insider
- Adele announces first tour in five years for new album... | Business Insider
- Chicago awaits more protests over police shooting | Business Insider
- US new-home sales rebound in October after September... | Business Insider
- Japan's jobless rate at 20-year low; consumer... | Business Insider
- Utah man passes airport security with stolen boarding... | Business Insider