Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Warning Signs" & The Fed's Grand Illusion | ZeroHedge
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- Saudi Arabia Surprises Market With Supply Cut Announcement, Oil Jumps | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Save Yourself The $250,000: This Is What Bernanke Said Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft's Surface Found A Lifeline (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Most Of The World's Billionaires Made Their Money In These 5 Industries | Business Insider
- Canada 'will not be intimidated' by parliament attack... | Business Insider
- Gold's Rise Means Stock Investors Are In for Bumpy Ride | TheStreet.com
- Microsoft Surface More Than Doubled In Revenue To $908 Million, And It's Sorta... | Business Insider
- 8 Reasons This Is An Ideal Résumé For Someone With A Lot Of Work... | Business Insider
- Russia Will Be Plunged Into A Recession If Oil... | Business Insider