Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Home Sales Collapse 20% From May To Dec 2012 Levels; Biggest Miss In A Year | ZeroHedge
- A Mix of a Tape | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Cursing Explodes with Crisis | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Did The "Dash For Trash" Just End? | ZeroHedge
- Silver Tumbles Most In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Best Tequilas You Can Buy | Business Insider
- In One Tweet, Here's Why Apple Will Be Happy To... | Business Insider
- Greg Maddux Was A 'Sick' Prankster Who Tormented Teammates In The Locker Room | Business Insider
- Miami Is Finally Doing Something About Its Lack Of Mega-Yacht Parking Spots | Business Insider
- Miami Heat Star Chris Bosh Just Listed His California Mansion For $14.5 Million | Business Insider
- Did PTSD Really Cause A Senator To Plagiarize? | Business Insider
- Here Are All Of The Aircraft Shot Down By Putin-Backed Rebels In Eastern... | Business Insider