Stocks Under $10 (ZNGA, TQNT, LPL)
The stocks we have on our radar right now are TriQuint Semiconductor(TQNT), LG Display (LPL), and Zynga (ZNGA).
Everyone knows TriQuint (TQNT) as one of the chip set makers for the iPhone. The company just announced a $50 Million share buyback program - in the last earnings report, the company reported results in-line with expectations, however, the guidance provided by the company was weak. This led to significant decline in stock price after the results were reported. Also, the company finally just settle their patent disputes with Avago, which was hurting their bottom line. TriQuint expects to incur about $11 million in litigation expenses in the second quarter of 2012. Going forward, their litigation expenses should be far less.
LG Display (LPL): we like LG for their big investment in OLED displays that should payoff in the future. LG is currently at E3, showing a demo of OnLive that has an integration with the LG Google TV sets that will make more than 60 games instantly playable from the TV, without having to hook up a console or PC.
LG released not-so-great earnings last quarter. Next quarter's average estimate for revenue is $6.06 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is -$0.11.
Next year's average estimate for revenue is $23.96 billion. The average EPS estimate is -$0.07.However, we think it's just a matter of time before the company turns into a cash cow selling OLED TV's.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares have been in free-fall since March, dropping all the way from $14 down to $6 today. Ouch. In spite of that, we don't think ZNGA shares will fall too much lower, and as the Facebook IPO debacle fades in investors memories, shares should rebound.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed-Driven Complacency Sparks Record Streak Of VIX-Selling Inflows | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tread Water As Ukraine Tries To Steal The Jackson Hole Scene | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap August 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Schizophrenic US Housing Market In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen's J-Hole Speech: Slack Remains, QE Is Over, Rates Could Rise Sooner (Or Later) | ZeroHedge
- The Midterm Election: Prospects For A Republican Senate Majority | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Amazing Hamptons Estate Of A Late Telecom Entrepreneur Is On The Market For... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Family Dollar... | StreetInsider.com
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The Judge In The Argentina Vs. Hedge Funds Case Just Exposed A Big Weakness... | Business Insider
- How Putin's Media Czar May Have Funded Brad Pitt's New Movie | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Here's One Way Apple's Smartwatch Could Be Better Than Anything Else (AAPL)... | Business Insider