Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Krieger: The American Empire Under Trump Has Become Increasingly Desperate, Dangerous, & Insecure | ZeroHedge
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- What Trump Tax Plan? Key Senate Panel Has Not Even Seen It | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These magnets are so powerful they attract at speeds of 200... | Business Insider
- A legal expert lays out three cases for impeaching Trump | Business Insider
- These body parts hurt the most when stung by a bee | Business Insider
- 'Eventually … but at a later date … in some form': Trump says Mexico will still... | Business Insider
- eSports is on the brink of becoming a billion-dollar industry | Business Insider
- Mesmerizing maps show where the most educated Americans live | Business Insider
- Why student athletes should think twice before going pro | Business Insider