Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Nov 24, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
- "What's The Worst That Could Happen?" | ZeroHedge
- Student "Tyrants In Training" Demand Journalists Swear Loyalty Oath Before Reporting On Them | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Is Plunging (& Soaring) As Democrats, Full-Time Workers Comfort Collapses | ZeroHedge
- The Real Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Afghan army in rescue bid for Taliban chopper crash... | Business Insider
- This is the most incredible way to play 'Fallout 4' | Business Insider
- EPA nixes approval of new weed killer for engineered... | Business Insider
- Sponsor's fury over Evergrande football kit switch | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms world's largest... | Business Insider
- George scores 40, Pacers make 19 3s to beat Wizards 123-... | Business Insider