Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Market Knows It's Over" Jim Rogers Warns "We're All Going To Suffer" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Selling Resumes After CEO Assures Employees Bank Is "Absolutely Rock Solid" | ZeroHedge
- "Jingle Mail" Makes Comeback In Canada As Underwater Borrowers Mail Keys Back To Banks | ZeroHedge
- Fed Lacks The Physical Cash, Legal Authority And Computer Systems To Implement NIRP, According To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Australia Admits Recent Stellar Job Numbers Were Cooked | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crashes To $27 Handle As US Energy Credit Risk Spikes Above 1500bps To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath: Yellen's Comments Have A "Downbeat Undertone" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'China has only one real ally' | Business Insider
- Netflix is going to release a comedy about Hitler in April | Business Insider
- The 3 most important things to look for in Tesla's earnings (tsla) | Business Insider
- This is what it's like to work as a set designer for 'House of Cards... | Business Insider
- One of the most reliable recession indicators may no longer... | Business Insider
- BERNIE SANDERS DEFEATS HILLARY CLINTON IN NEW HAMPSHIRE | Business Insider
- Wall Street jobs are leaving New York | Business Insider