Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Not Replace Bureaucrats with Robots? | Financial Sense
- Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip" | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- "We Respond To Respect": Iran To Conduct New Military Drill In Which "Rockets Will Be Used" | ZeroHedge
- Who's Really Behind The Soft-Coup? Obama-Founded Activist Group Offers Anti-Trump Protest "Guide" | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- The 10 Biggest Leaks Of The Trump Presidency | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here is eMarketer's country-by-country guide... | Business Insider
- Republicans are struggling to get their act together on Obamacare... | Business Insider
- A car bomb in Mogadishu has killed at least 14 people | Business Insider
- Why this startup built a grocery store filled with fake... | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Wise quotes on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness from every US... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek