Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- This Indicator Suggests Gold’s Bear Market Has a lot Longer to Go – But Is It Right? | Financial Sense
- Case Shiller Reports "Broad-Based Slowdown For Home Prices", First Monthly Decrease Since November 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Global Business Confidence Collapses To Post-Lehman Lows | ZeroHedge
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Most Indirect Bidders For 7 Year Paper Since US Downgrade Means Lowest Yield In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ferguson Protesters Create Mass Gridlock In New York City | Business Insider
- Microsoft to Be Fined $140M by China for Alleged Tax Evasion | TheStreet.com
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Apple Pay Competitor 'Android Pay' Is Reportedly Coming To China... | Business Insider
- Twitter Needs a Bold Acquisition; Here's What It Should Buy | TheStreet.com
- More scans for Aussie batsman Hughes as he fights for... | Business Insider
- Europe And The US Are At War Over Breaking Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider