Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- So You Want To Work In JPMorgan's Legendary Gold Vault? This Is Your Chance | ZeroHedge
- 19 Out Of 19 | ZeroHedge
- "Terminal State Of Broken" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 22 | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Experiencing More Than Just A 'Soft Patch'" | ZeroHedge
- Beware These Unseen “Friction” Costs!! | ZeroHedge
- Did Corporate Buybacks Just Jump The Shark? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Andrew Garfield Plays Basketball With Kids In His... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Photos Of The New Nokia Lumia 928 (NOK, MSFT) | Business Insider
- Microsoft Has Another New Ad Bashing The iPad (MSFT, AAPL) | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: HD WFM EBAY GE | TheStreet.com
- Twitter vs. Facebook: The Great Debate | TheStreet.com
- Google's Homepage Features The Most Touching Logo Ever | Business Insider