Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Quick Break from the Madness | ZeroHedge
- Assange Lashes Out At America: "Rigged Primary, Rigged Media, Rigged Candidate" | ZeroHedge
- AT&T Agrees To Buy Time Warner For $80 Billion In Biggest Media Mega-Merger In Years | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Braces For Revolution After Maduro Blocks Recall Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Goldman CEO Blankfein "Supportive" Of Hillary But "Doesn't Want To Hurt Her" By Endorsing | ZeroHedge
- Former Haitian Senate President Calls Clintons "Common Thieves Who Should Be In Jail" | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Working on the weekend doesn't make you a workaholic — but it could make you less stressed | Business Insider
- Mall investors are about to feel the impact of online shopping | Business Insider
- 43 life-changing books that I revisit again and again | Business Insider
- Why Tom Cruise is Hollywood's last movie star | Business Insider
- Nintendo's new console won't support your old games | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- TONY ROBBINS: 'Trading your expectations for appreciation'... | Business Insider