Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Wall Street Expects From Today's Payrolls Report And How To Trade It | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Down Warren Buffett's Rosy Outlook For America | ZeroHedge
- Economist: US Won't Tip Into Recession Until 2019 (If the Fed Doesn't Mess Things Up) | Financial Sense
- From 'Mad Dog' Mattis To New Mexico's Martinez - Donald Trump's Top 10 'Veep' Contenders | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 5, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Guest Post: The Great Western Retreat | ZeroHedge
- Americans Unleash Epic Debt-Fuelled Spending Spree As Credit Card Debt Jumps Most On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This map shows how many more military aircraft the US has than every other... | Business Insider
- I tried Fitbit for a month, and taking it off was the best decision I've made (FIT) | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Go inside the beautiful home of a former Goldman Sachs engineer-turned-... | Business Insider
- Obama commutes the prison sentences of 58 people | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Oracle’s court case against Android is basically irrelevant to Google’s business (... | Business Insider