Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Launches CNY500 Billion In "Stealth QE" | ZeroHedge
- Why King Coal Will Keep Its Crown | ZeroHedge
- BofA Stopped Out Of EURUSD Short: Stolper 2.0 Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Germany Issues 2Y Note At Record Low Yield Of -7bps | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Responds To China's QE: Beijing Finds Lack Of Faith Disturbing | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Releases New Video, Warns "Fighting Has Just Begun" | ZeroHedge
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Inch Higher as Eyes Turn to the Fed | TheStreet.com
- Dow closes at record after Fed keeps policy unchanged | Business Insider
- What's Keeping the Fed From Raising Short-Term Interest Rates | TheStreet.com
- New York's Pension System Has $5.6B In Hedge Funds — And It... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- TV Ratings Were Pretty Awful This Summer | Business Insider