Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Circadian Rhythms and the Microbiome | Financial Sense
- Is Janet Yellen Sabotaging The Trump Administration? | ZeroHedge
- Boeing Responds To Trump | ZeroHedge
- Fed Labor Market Conditions Index Contracts For 5th Straight Month | ZeroHedge
- Will Real Estate Tank in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Virginia Schools Ban 'To Kill A Mockingbird,' 'Huck Finn' Over Racial Slurs | ZeroHedge
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 things you didn't know about Air Force One | Business Insider
- Take a tour of the $367 million jet that will soon be called Air Force One | Business Insider
- It's clear the College Football Playoff committee crushes teams... | Business Insider
- The story behind 'Krampus,' Santa's demonic helper who exists to scare... | Business Insider
- Here are the most popular Netflix original shows ranked, according to a... | Business Insider
- The 'Westworld' website went completely haywire after the season finale... | Business Insider
- Top Republican says he won't back Trump's plan for huge tariffs | Business Insider