Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How I Became More Comfortable With Public Speaking | Altucher Confidential
- Ep. 220: Matt Mullenweg – Do You Have Your Own Internal “Code” | Altucher Confidential
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
- The Debt Ceiling and the Skinny Budget | Financial Sense
- 2017 Asset Allocation Quiz: Who's Making Money and Who's Just Shilling? | ZeroHedge
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter's cofounder wants Medium readers to pay $5 a month to fix ‘broken’ media | Business Insider
- These are the worst freeway interchanges in Los Angeles | Business Insider
- MasterCard adds Asia Pacific exec (MA) | Business Insider
- Obama has great taste in restaurants — here are some of the best places he has eaten at in... | Business Insider
- 9 things I no longer do with my money | Business Insider
- Nets center Brook Lopez had a great reaction to finding out his twin... | Business Insider
- How Rebecca Ferguson went from 'Mission: Impossible' scene-stealer to the star... | Business Insider