Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Enjoying the Pre-Holiday Party | iBankCoin.com
- Here Come The Q3 GDP Downgrades... | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences Of America’s Invasion Of Afghanistan: NYC Heroin Deaths Highest In A Decade | ZeroHedge
- Obama's National Security Council Meeting Has Concluded: Here Are The People Bringing You ISIS "Strategy" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Labor Day Edition | ZeroHedge
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Ebola Outbreak Evolving "In Alarming Ways," WHO Warns 20,000 Could Be Infected | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- No let-down as Peng reaches US Open last 16 | Business Insider
- It's No Coincidence -- Stocks and Auto Sales Are Both Frothy | TheStreet.com
- Chinese army vehicles cause alarm in Hong Kong | Business Insider
- There's Still One Major Problem With Google's Self-Driving Cars (GOOG) | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- Despite Similar Careers, Roger Federer Is Well Ahead Of Serena Williams In... | Business Insider