Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- Your Role In The World Explained (In 1 Simple Sketch) | ZeroHedge
- Sell, Sell, Sell... The Central Bank Madmen Are Raging | ZeroHedge
- On The Looming Wall Of Chinese Defaults, Restructuring Firm Warns "You Know It's Coming" | ZeroHedge
- More Good News for Employment | Financial Sense
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Man Puts An Ad On Craigslist Offering Himself Up As The Worst Thanksgiving Date... | Business Insider
- Scientists Just Figured Out How To Serve Espresso In Space | Business Insider
- Former NBC Employee Corroborates Some Of The Cosby Allegations | Business Insider
- Delta Order Affirms the Age of the Airbus A350 Is Approaching | TheStreet.com
- Israel cabinet backs bill anchoring 'Jewish... | Business Insider
- Albania opens Hoxha's top secret Cold War... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek