Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Original Chechnya Bombers - The CIA, The Saudis And Bin Laden | ZeroHedge
- Never Forget The Price Of Freedom | ZeroHedge
- Bernanke Says "No Large Mispricings In US Securities"; These 5 Charts Say Otherwise | ZeroHedge
- MeMoRiaL DaY 2015: THe LaND OF THE FRee | ZeroHedge
- Secular Trends in New Residential Building Permits and Housing Starts | Financial Sense
- FBI Confirms No Major Terrorism Cases Cracked Via Unconstitutional Patriot Act Phone Spying | ZeroHedge
- EuRO TRaSH 2015 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The incredible story of how David Letterman saved Conan O... | Business Insider
- Conservative newcomer Duda wins Polish presidential... | Business Insider
- Here's how George W. Bush handled the big question that... | Business Insider
- Remarkable before-and-after photos make it undeniably clear we're... | Business Insider
- Cedenio dominates Merritt at Ponce Grand Prix | Business Insider
- Fresh air strikes and ground fighting in Yemen | Business Insider
- A new short movie claims to be 'The World's Most Relaxing Film' — see... | Business Insider