Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Debt Crosses $100 Trillion, Rises By $30 Trillion Since 2007; $27 Trillion Is "Foreign-Held" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Troops Open Fire In Crimea, Reuters Reports As Kerry Delays Russia Visit | ZeroHedge
- Ignorance Can be Better than Bliss | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- A Rusty Rail | iBankCoin.com
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter Can't Stop Talking About The 'True Detective' Finale | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Boeing's Blues, Jim Cramer's Social Network Pick, Timing Tesla | TheStreet.com
- MOBILE INSIDER: The Firefox OS... | Business Insider
- What You Need To Know About The Construction Of A Suit... | Business Insider
- BRIAN BELSKI: 3 Reasons Investors Should Pick Value Over Growth Strategies (SPY, DIA... | Business Insider
- Google Business Chief Nikesh Arora Is Getting A $3.5 Million Bonus (GOOG) | Business Insider