Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Drops To 17-Month Lows As Hope-Filled Dead-Cat-Bounce Dies | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Sep 3, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Flashpoint: White House Confirms Russian Presence In Syria, Warns It Is "Destabilizing" | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Admits Russian Spy Ship Discovered Near US Submarine Base, Heading For Cuba | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On The ECB: Fearful Markets Pray Mario Draghi "Panicks" | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Close to New All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Bridgewater's 'All-Weather' Fund Goes Negative For 2015 After Risk-Parity's Worst Quarter Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Philly businesses wary, excited by prospect of papal... | Business Insider
- The stock market is making sense for the first time in 3 years (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Amazon is spending $500 million to make internet videos a little better (AMZN) | Business Insider
- How enterprises will secure IoT devices | Business Insider
- VENICE WATCH: 'Beasts' teen star impresses; Tucci... | Business Insider
- Work to do for Michigan at quarterback, Utah feeling... | Business Insider
- Enormous, cloud-like sheep are an evolutionary nightmare | Business Insider