Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Official White House Terrorist Identification Chart | ZeroHedge
- John McCain Threatens Anti-Kissinger Protesters With Arrest, Calls Them "Low-Life Scum" | ZeroHedge
- Will Draghi’s QE work? | Financial Sense
- Greek Social Contagion: Tens Of Thousands Rally In Support Of Spain's Anti-Austerity Podemos Party | ZeroHedge
- Potential for Deflation Is Becoming a Big Threat for 2015 | Financial Sense
- Drink Up World: The 4 Companies That Control Global Whiskey Production | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Russia Surprises With Unexpected Rate Cut, Brings YTD Total Of Nations Easing To 14 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Business Insider Is Hiring A Release Manager | Business Insider
- Tiger Woods Is 'The Worst I've Ever Seen A... | Business Insider
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Groups With These 3 Characteristics Are Better Organized, More... | Business Insider