Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fiat Faith Falters As Bitcoin Surges 7% Post-Greferendum Decision | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
- 1914 Deja Vu: Draghi's Cap On ELA Is Today's Czar Nicholas Troop Mobilization | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Surges Back, Beats By Most Since Jan 2012 But Hope Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Democracy Is Dangerous - It's Not For Greek Grandmas | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators: Spring Rebound, Though Risks Remain | Financial Sense
- The More They Stay The Same | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Programmatic ad pricing is starting to rise as demand outstrips supply | Business Insider
- Asia markets hit by Greece fears, Shanghai plunges | Business Insider
- Tsipras announces temporarily bank closure, capital... | Business Insider
- Fires are spreading like crazy in Alaska and scientists are concerned | Business Insider
- Google just got replaced by Microsoft Bing in a big search partnership (GOOG)... | Business Insider
- Bill Gross still thinks about PIMCO all the time | Business Insider
- One of Britain's biggest bookmakers just... | Business Insider