Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet The Latest Country With Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Cities Series: Competitive Clusters Drive Sustainable Growth in Seattle | Financial Sense
- Coming to Terms With the American Empire | Financial Sense
- Dollar Bulls Bend, but Don't Break | ZeroHedge
- These "Everyday Americans" Endorse Hillary | ZeroHedge
- How Belief in Mainstream News Propaganda Affects Belief in Gold & Silver Propaganda | ZeroHedge
- "We're All Frogs In Boiling Water" Santelli Says After Lacy Hunt Warns "This Is Far From Over" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Berdych bursts Monfils bubble in Monte Carlo semis | Business Insider
- Brazil executive says he paid $36.1 million to... | Business Insider
- This is what $424 million worth of cocaine looks like | Business Insider
- Tuchel to succeed Klopp as Dortmund coach - club | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Mark Hamill found out the name of the new 'Star Wars'... | Business Insider