Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AUDIBLE: NEW HORSEMAN ADDED | iBankCoin.com
- Avoiding the Crude Summer Trap | iBankCoin.com
- Define Austerity: Spanish, Italian And Greek Debt/GDP Rise To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Existing Home Sales Drop To Lowest Since July 2012; All-Cash Buyers, Investors Are 50% Of March Transactions | ZeroHedge
- Das: No Hard Landing for China, but Globalization Has Peaked | Financial Sense
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money | Altucher Confidential
- 60% Of China's Water "Too Polluted To Drink" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The Average Bank Regulator Makes More Money Than The Average Banker | Business Insider
- Xiaomi — 'The Apple Of China' — Spent Nearly $600,000 On A Two-Letter URL | Business Insider
- Here's Why The Supreme Court May Have A Hard Time Understanding A Huge Technology Case | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Here's Why The EU Isn't Going To Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia Right Now | Business Insider
- Here's Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's Letter To Brooklyn | Business Insider