Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Colorado Professors Kick 'Deniers' Out - "We Will Not, At Any Time, Debate Climate Change" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage & A Confident Consumer Send Stocks Lower, USD Higher | ZeroHedge
- Latest Guccifer Leak Reveals What Democrats Really Think Of Black Lives Matter | ZeroHedge
- Turkey's New Relationship With Russia - And Assad | ZeroHedge
- An Academic Tries To Explain The Yield Curve, Says "Gloom" Is Irrational | ZeroHedge
- "Good News Is Bad News" Again - Confidence Surge Sparks Stock, Oil Purge | ZeroHedge
- White Lives Matter Has Been Branded A "Hate Group" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what getting fired taught me about myself — and life... | Business Insider
- US general: Iraq is on track to retake ISIS' largest city this year | Business Insider
- The perks and perils of working from home, according to people who actually do... | Business Insider
- Amazon is growing its shipping network an absurd amount — and that could be bad news for... | Business Insider
- Ulta's online sales soared in the latest quarter (ULTA) | Business Insider
- Here's why some fintechs want to cut ties with banks | Business Insider
- 15 TED talks that offer career advice you've probably... | Business Insider