Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things: B2B, Warnings & Confidence | ZeroHedge
- NATO Member Busted Supporting ISIS … Now Declares War Against ISIS, But Instead Bombs Its Political Rival (the Main Force ... | ZeroHedge
- The IMF Experts Flunk, Again | ZeroHedge
- 70% Of Americans See Economy Worsening, Consumer Comfort Collapses By Most In 10 Month | ZeroHedge
- The World's Second Biggest Stock Is Crushing A 28-Year Trendline | ZeroHedge
- The Fed’s Dilemma | Financial Sense
- Thoughts About Chinese Stocks, Reserves, and SDR Inclusion | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 best examples of video game music being completely amazing | Business Insider
- Russell Wilson's new $87 million Seahawks contract is a monster | Business Insider
- Migrant bids to reach Britain sharply down... | Business Insider
- Yemen PM returns to Aden from Saudi exile: airport source... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump's poll surge is just a brief 'loss of sanity'... | Business Insider
- This is the only reason you should use a travel agent to book a trip | Business Insider
- 5 reasons NOT to jump on the gluten-free bandwagon | Business Insider