Niko's Revenge: TTWO Soars
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is on the offensive, the shorts are feeling the pain.
TTWO is up big time thanks to strong sales of NBA 2K13 and Borderlands 2. They beat the street by a landslide and "Digitally delivered content" was the big surprise. Digital downloaded content (DLC's) are now more than 23% of company's revenue. The future looks good for TTWO despite its rocky management. The have BioShock Infinite set to release next month and GTA V later this year. Take-Two is ready for its comeback. We told you to take a risk on Take-Two in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback in December when shares were under $12. Last summer when shares where in the $10 range we predicted the future digital download fiesta :
The future for Take-Two could be rich thanks to digital downloads, expansions packs for existing titles, and other cool products such as the Rockstar DLC Pass. Take-Two should reduce its sales using traditional brick and motor fronts and going direct to the consumer via high speed internet downloads. Take-Two makes more money that way. They don't have to pay to create physical copies of the game and let Wal-Mart (WMT) and others take a few bucks off the top. Digital sales represented 13% of Take-Two's 2012 fiscal sales.
Congrats to everyone who played the earnings call long and thank you for reading.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don’t Sweat Nasdaq 5000 | Financial Sense
- Is JPMorgan Fabricating Its Mutual Fund Returns? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 4 | ZeroHedge
- We Have Nothing to Fear but a Lack of Fear Itself | Financial Sense
- Some Of The Best Bearish Signals Are Failed Bullish Ones... | ZeroHedge
- Despite Hard Data Collapse, US Services Surveys Point To Modest Bounce In February | ZeroHedge
- The Scariest Spreadsheet In Fed Possession Revealed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hundreds of starving koalas killed in Australia | Business Insider
- Boko Haram kills 68, including children, in NE... | Business Insider
- Etsy has communal meals then delivers the compostable waste by bike to a nearby farm... | Business Insider
- Apple already agreed to the tough Chinese rules that Obama is furious about... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton won't take questions at event... | Business Insider
- IS 'bulldozed' ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud,... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek