GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Sues PIMCO "Cabal" Over Ouster, Seeks "Hundreds Of Millions", Blames El-Erian | ZeroHedge
- China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan | Financial Sense
- Gold as Independent Money Versus Central Banks Paper Ponzi | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Minutes Confirm Economy Not Ready For Rate-Hike This Year, Worried About Inflation, "Global Risk" | ZeroHedge
- Time To End Monetary Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- Volkswagen Of America CEO Grilled In Congress Over Emissions Scandal - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood – Part III | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside the secret world at Cisco headquarters — filled with heroes, 'mythical... | Business Insider
- NHL teams must adapt to 'novelty' of 3-on-3 OT... | Business Insider
- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs | Business Insider
- Dell in talks to merge with $50 billion IT titan EMC (EMC) | Business Insider
- Snyder supports switching Flint water system back to... | Business Insider
- Hamburgers might be on the menu for Russian astronauts | Business Insider
- Amazing postcards of what people in 1900 thought... | Business Insider