GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Question Everything, Believe Nothing - Chapter Two - Group Think and the Hive Mind | ZeroHedge
- Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 | Financial Sense
- Will Walter Squeeze on Shomer Shabbos? | iBankCoin.com
- Fly Buys: $EGRX, $IMUC, $SB | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure | Financial Sense
- Student And Car Loans Account For 102% Of All New February Consumer Credit | ZeroHedge
- Watching Here | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Video Games From The 1980s That Are Better Than Games Today | Business Insider
- YACHT OF THE WEEK: Rent Richard Branson's Luxury Yacht For $... | Business Insider
- An IQ Expert Says The SAT Changes Aren't A Big Deal | Business Insider
- Here's What You Should Really Be Eating For Breakfast | Business Insider
- Startup Employees Are Getting... | Business Insider
- Go Inside A Tech CEO's $22 Million Mansion That's Entirely Controlled... | Business Insider
- A US Destroyer Is Joining The Search For The Missing Malaysia Airlines 777... | Business Insider