GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I’m On My Way to Hell | iBankCoin.com
- China Cuts Interest Rates, Takes Number Of Central Banks Easing In 2015 To 21 | ZeroHedge
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- ATTENTION INTERNET: iBankCoin Has Invaded Instagram | iBankCoin.com
- Why Does Maryland Have The Most Millionaires Per Capita? The Answer Might Make You Angry | ZeroHedge
- Did the Dollar Get its Groove Back? | ZeroHedge
- LOOK AT ME: DO I APPEAR TO BE SCARED? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what billionaire investor Warren Buffett has for breakfast | Business Insider
- The BMW i8 supercar is officially the best car in the UK right now | Business Insider
- These mind-blowing GIFs explain the workings of a jet engine | Business Insider
- $375,000 NASCAR race car stolen from hotel parking lot, driver turns to Twitter for clues | Business Insider
- Here comes GDP ... | Business Insider
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead: official | Business Insider
- This is NYC's coldest February in 81 years | Business Insider