GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THROW THEM OFF THE CLIFFS!!! | iBankCoin.com
- Keynesianism: The Road To Hell? | ZeroHedge
- A Bunch of Checkups from the Neck Up | iBankCoin.com
- Ukraine "De-escalation" Voided As Pro-Russia Militia Refuse To Vacate Occupied Buildings | ZeroHedge
- And The Highest Returning "Asset" Class In CNBC's 25 Years Is... | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 17 | ZeroHedge
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Johnny Depp's New Movie 'Transcendence' Says Technology Will Turn Us Into X-... | Business Insider
- Robin Williams Is Going To Star In A 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel | Business Insider
- Military Judge Orders CIA To Turn Over Details On 'Black Site' Prisons | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Porsche CEO Says Supercar Is Not Dead: Cue the Spyder | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: WFM SBUX MRK STZ | TheStreet.com