GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Surges In Latest CNN Poll, Takes 3 Point Lead Over Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Snowden Explains How To Get To The Bottom Of "Who Hacked The Democrats" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Oil Set For Bigger Drop As Historic Gasoline Glut Forces Early Switch To Winter Blends | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Recovery Continues, Though Headwinds Remain | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EX-DEA AGENT: How I got Mexican drug cartels to trust me | Business Insider
- Scientists say we’ll only get one year to prepare if a super-volcano erupts... | Business Insider
- Here's every detail you may have missed from the 'Wonder Woman'... | Business Insider
- On one day a year there's a 'magical jump' of activity on dating apps... | Business Insider
- Get an Xbox One for its lowest price to date — and more of today's best... | Business Insider
- 'The choice is not even close': Bernie Sanders praises Hillary Clinton in hopes of... | Business Insider
- A hedge fund manager named his No. 1 short position, and it highlights why... | Business Insider