GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Hilarious Twist Herbalife Strikes Back At Bill Ackman, Tells His Investors To Pull Their Money | ZeroHedge
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- Five Lunch Options for This Market Dip | iBankCoin.com
- Abe Approval Rating Plunges (But Japan Is Not Venezuela, Yet) | ZeroHedge
- The SodaStream Effect | iBankCoin.com
- Treasury "Out" Of GM For $10.5 Billion Loss (Claims 768% ROI) | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap December 10, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASA Scientists Have Built Their Own Robotic Woman | Business Insider
- The Coldest Temperature Ever Recorded On Earth Was Just Captured By... | Business Insider
- Kass: Expect the Unexpected in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- The 15 Most Underrated Apps Of 2013 | Business Insider
- Wall Street Hot Shots Are Snapping Up Spots In This Gorgeous $1 Billion Miami Condo | Business Insider
- University Of Oregon Investigating Viral Video Of Students Pelting A Retired... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek