GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Drop On Oil Dump & ECB Reality-Check | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- Harley Bassman: "The Fed Is Trying To Land A Jumbo Jet On A Football Field" | ZeroHedge
- "Why I Will Not Submit To Medical Martial Law" | ZeroHedge
- MAY YOU BURN IN THE FIRES OF 1,000 SUNS | iBankCoin.com
- ISIS Claims It Hit US Embassy In Baghdad's Green Zone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Russia Will Be Plunged Into A Recession If Oil... | Business Insider
- REPORTS: There's An Active Shooter Near Canadian Parliament | Business Insider
- 3 Ways To Become A CEO Before You Turn 30 | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Here's What Republicans Should Do Next | Business Insider
- The NBA's Plan To Stop Tanking Fell Apart At The Last Minute | Business Insider
- Here’s A Reminder Of Just How Important AWS Is To Amazon (AMZN) | Business Insider