GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cheat Sheet: The Third Party Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- Crude Declines As OPEC Deal Doubts Emerge; Futures Roll Over | ZeroHedge
- How Constant Is Gold’s Purchasing Power? | ZeroHedge
- US Spending Disappoints In August As Savings Rate Rises For Second Month | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: NJ Transit Commuter Train Crashes Into Hoboken Station: 1 Dead, 2 Critical, Up To 100 Injured | ZeroHedge
- Going The Way Of The Denarius | ZeroHedge
- Major Dollar Shortage Exposed In Europe As Deutsche Bank Contagion Spreads | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These haunting photos show an abandoned Japanese theme park that... | Business Insider
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen forgot a key... | Business Insider
- Former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo is launching his group fitness... | Business Insider
- Russia is beefing up its air force in Syria | Business Insider
- 'El Chapo' Guzmán's extradition is in limbo, but US... | Business Insider
- 21 signs you're mentally stronger than average | Business Insider
- Here’s why an economist thinks we should consider paying people to give up their body parts | Business Insider