GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- Russia Prepares For GDP Surge As Consumers Scramble To Spend Their Plunging Rubles | ZeroHedge
- IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 17 | ZeroHedge
- Charts Show 28 Seriously Troubled Mega-Banks: 24 of Them in Europe | Financial Sense
- Gold Imports ‘Phenomenal’ In India - 571 Percent Surge To 150 Tonnes in November | ZeroHedge
- Does Russia Present a Systemic Threat to Global Markets? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Stocks That Will Let You Profit From the Resurgent U.S. Consumer | TheStreet.com
- Obama signs huge spending bill | Business Insider
- There Was An Elaborate Hoax To Convince Wharton Students They Had To Do Community... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Oops! (USO) | Business Insider
- What Are Traders Chatting About Right Now? Stocks, Bonds, Gold, Oil ... They're All Up... | Business Insider
- Russia: We Have The Right To Put Nuclear Weapons In Crimea | Business Insider