GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Trump Administration Begins Quiet Preparations For Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- ANTIFA Upset For Not Being Able to Punch 'Nazis' Without Consequences | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lebanese prime minister asks UN to... | Business Insider
- Kroger has a game-changing new grocery service — and parents might never shop the... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- 14 ways HBO's 'Silicon Valley' nailed the real tech... | Business Insider
- I'm black, I'm a student, and I'm tired of... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is entering a new era — and 4 jokes reveal the biggest... | Business Insider
- Clinton staffers toyed with using 'because it's her turn... | Business Insider