GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- Today's Other Anniversary | ZeroHedge
- Avi Gilburt: Gold Could Break Below $1000; Sees Sharp Decline in Stocks Before Final Top | Financial Sense
- Here's What Wall Street Bulls Were Saying In December 2007 | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Most Shorted S&P And Russell Stocks (Yes, Trulia Is One Of Them) | ZeroHedge
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Step Inside Japan's Abandoned 'American Cowboy' Theme Park | Business Insider
- 6 Ways To Take Care Of Your 'Mental Hygiene' | Business Insider
- Watch The Amazing 'Game Of Thrones' Season 4 Gag Reel Revealed At Comic-Con... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Here's The Chart That Should Be On Every Trader's Mind (DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- Why Rite Aid Stock Is Down Today | TheStreet.com
- World War I Began 100 Years Ago Today — This GIF Shows How It Became A Global... | Business Insider