GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Industrial Production Follows China; Misses With Biggest Drop Since Jan | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Economy Contracts Bigger Than Expected 7.1% in 2nd Quarter | Financial Sense
- It's The Debt, Stupid | ZeroHedge
- The Ebola Epidemic Silver-Lining: IMF Bailouts For Everyone | ZeroHedge
- DEATH IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
- Global Fragmentation: Crying Wolf Again? | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Forming With Leveraged Buyouts | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hurricane Odile hits Mexico's Pacific resorts | Business Insider
- United Airlines Is Going To Pay Some... | Business Insider
- In Challenge To Android, Apple Has Banned Apps From Using The iPhone 6... | Business Insider
- Tim Cook Basically Just Said He Was 'Offended' By... | Business Insider
- Alibaba to raise up to $25 bn with revised IPO price | Business Insider
- Lindsey Graham Freaks Out At Obama's ISIS Strategy | Business Insider
- 'J' marks the spot for historic Rosetta comet landing... | Business Insider