GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Rumors Of OPEC's Demise Exaggerated | ZeroHedge
- CHESS MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- The Magnificent Seven, of Grains | Financial Sense
- Platinum 'Supply Squeeze' Likely To Lead to Record Prices | ZeroHedge
- Greece Has One Month To Plug A €1.2 Billion Healthcare Budget Hole | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Why We Shouldn't Trust The Fed's Inflation Target | ZeroHedge
- MAKING PREPARATIONS FOR WAR | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fox Business Terminates Contract With Contributor Who Was Paid $50,000 To... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Aerial Pictures From Colorado Black Forest Fire Show Incredible Destruction... | Business Insider
- Former Romney Economic Adviser Writes New Paper In Defense Of The... | Business Insider
- Greece's Decision To Kill Its Version Of PBS Was Catastrophic | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Boehner Didn't Kill Immigration Reform — He Actually... | Business Insider