GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Asks The $64 Trillion Question: Is China Dumping Treasurys? | ZeroHedge
- Aug 28 - Fed George: Prepared for Rate Hike, Despite Selloff | ZeroHedge
- VIX ETF Surges After Serious Short Squeeze For 5th Day In A Row | ZeroHedge
- VIX Backwardation Continues - It's Not Over Yet | ZeroHedge
- What Would Happen If Everyone Joins China In Dumping Treasurys? | ZeroHedge
- Always the Opposite, Friends. Always the Opposite | iBankCoin.com
- Flawed Fundamentals, Nasty Macro, Structural Industry Change: For Wall Street Banks It Really Is Different This Time | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pistorius parole board review set for Sept. 18 | Business Insider
- Google just denied accusations from the European... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Walker: 'We cannot afford to lose' in Middle East | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 'Sister Wives' cite gay marriage ruling in polygamy... | Business Insider
- Meet the notorious Australian king of Instagram who's about to get his... | Business Insider