GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Why Blockchain Will Render Gold Worthless | ZeroHedge
- Fed Risks Lehman Crisis As US Recession Storm Gathers | ZeroHedge
- 'Impossible' & 'Inevitable' - The Only 2 Solutions As The Status Quo Crumbles | ZeroHedge
- Watergate's Bob Woodward: "Clinton Foundation Is Corrupt, It's A Scandal" | ZeroHedge
- 14% Of Polled Wells Fargo Customers Have Decided To Leave The Bank | ZeroHedge
- BofA Explains Why US Consumers Are Spending Less, Saving More | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Larry Page isn't the only one trying to make 'flying cars' a reality (GOOGL... | Business Insider
- Airbnb is driving billions of dollars in sales... | Business Insider
- THE US DIGITAL MEDIA AD REVENUE REPORT: The path to $100... | Business Insider
- How the fleece vest became the unofficial uniform of Silicon Valley... | Business Insider
- An unprecedented avalanche of 'Game of Thrones' set leaks are making... | Business Insider
- These are the 20 best-selling business books of 2016 so far | Business Insider
- Football hurts the brains of kids as young as 8 — even if they've never had... | Business Insider