GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Michigan Recount Devolves Into Chaos As Multiple Federal Lawsuits Filed | ZeroHedge
- Debunking GFMS’ Gold Demand Statistics | ZeroHedge
- Fitch On China: 'Banks Face Capital Pressures and Structural Risks' | ZeroHedge
- Is The US Government Behind The Fake News Media Attacks On President-Elect Trump? | ZeroHedge
- "Meanwhile In Europe..." - The Big Day Arrives | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Victim's Family Sues Twitter, Facebook For Profiting From Terrorism | ZeroHedge
- Fake Out: A Rally Built On 'Hot Air' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A startup that wants to transform insurance 'beyond recognition... | Business Insider
- Here's how much surgeons, lawyers, and 18 other top-earning professionals... | Business Insider
- This chart shows why it's so hard to fix the diversity problem in tech | Business Insider
- Tinder's CEO reveals the 5 jobs women are most likely to swipe right on... | Business Insider
- Healthcare spending in the US just did something that rarely happens... | Business Insider
- Obama: Trump should address illegal immigration at the source | Business Insider
- Marvel just dropped the first full trailer for 'Guardians of the... | Business Insider