GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Airport Screening Won't Stop Ebola, The Economist Explains | ZeroHedge
- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen | ZeroHedge
- Orwell Was Only Wrong About The Date | ZeroHedge
- Markets & Ebola: Confusion, Containment, & Complexity | ZeroHedge
- The Folks Who Know the Most About Their Firms… and the Economy… Are Selling the Farm | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When 30,000 People Run The Beijing "Airpocalypse" Marathon In "Hazardous" Smog | ZeroHedge
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spanish nurse tests negative for Ebola | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer Says the No. 1 Issue to the Stock Market Is Ebola | TheStreet.com
- US military airdrops weapons, ammunition to Kurds near... | Business Insider
- The Best Deals For Trading In Your Old iPad (APPL) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here Are 11 Ways To Avoid Getting Ripped Off On A Rental Car | Business Insider
- Egg freezing: controversial new benefit in the US... | Business Insider