GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Behold The Surge In Real October Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Stability vs Opportunity | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- This Morning's Buying Panic Brought To You By AUDJPY Fun-Durr-Mentals & VIX Fat Fingers | ZeroHedge
- As The "Sanctions War" Heats Up, Will Putin Play His 'Gold Card'? | ZeroHedge
- Young and Dumb Again | Financial Sense
- US Equities Give Back All PBOC Rate-Cut Gains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Giant iPhone 6 Plus Is Most Popular In Asia (AAPL) | Business Insider
- You Can Sleep In A Giant Dog For $98 A Night On Airbnb | Business Insider
- Intel CEO: We're 'Not Ashamed’ Of How Far... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Here Are The 32 Best Stocks For 2015 | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Incredible Drone Footage Over Buffalo Shows The Massive Scale Of The Snowstorm | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett Had An Epiphany At Age 10 That Set Him On The Path To Being... | Business Insider