GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China's Banks Cut Dividends Amid Rising Bad Loans, Expectations Of Falling NIM | ZeroHedge
- These Are the Very Best Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Kyle Bass Warns "The Fed Is Backed Into A Corner... Equities Are My Biggest Liquidity Worry" | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Wrapping Up Orson Welles | iBankCoin.com
- For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
- You Have Been Forewarned | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the one big advantage YouTube has over Facebook's new video... | Business Insider
- Researchers at McGill say Facebook is polluted with fake 'Likes' (FB) | Business Insider
- A deal with Uber might save this startup from raising more... | Business Insider
- How to get the most out of every glass of wine | Business Insider
- Anticipation and angst as Europe ends milk quotas | Business Insider
- Former Yahoo CFO on Pao trial: Most women I know, including me, face sexism at... | Business Insider
- Shave all the hard-to-reach spots with the Mangroomer [38% off] | Business Insider