GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Car Rams Into Pedestrians In Islington Area Of London; One Male Arrested | ZeroHedge
- Chris Martenson: "Why This Market Needs To Crash (And Likely Will)" | ZeroHedge
- EU Celebrates 60th Birthday As European Leaders Scramble To Hold "Fraying" Union Together | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Lack Of Perspective | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- Christian Malanga: New Government Could Free the Congo and Provide Vast Opportunity for Investors | ZeroHedge
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China: Even if we're... | Business Insider
- Whole Foods is losing at its own game (WFM) | Business Insider
- NBA POWER RANKINGS: Where the contenders stand 3 weeks before the playoffs | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- French presidential poll finds... | Business Insider
- Here's what extreme sports can teach us about ourselves | Business Insider
- The Toyota RAV4 serves up serious bang for the buck — but it's a boring drive | Business Insider