GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia Mull Syria Ground Invasion As Russia, Hezbollah Decimate Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen Exposes Our Dysfunctional Monetary System | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- Fed Lacks The Physical Cash, Legal Authority And Computer Systems To Implement NIRP, According To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Chesapeake Plummets Over 20% On Report It Has Hired Bankruptcy Attorneys | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley: "We Struggle To Remember When Bearish Sentiment Was As Widespread As Today" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A man may have been killed by a meteorite for the... | Business Insider
- Haters, shhhhh! The V-22 Osprey is an unbelievably accomplished... | Business Insider
- Happy Chinese New Year: Here are 8 fun traditions to build wealth | Business Insider
- Twitter just hit a new all-time low (TWTR) | Business Insider
- 'The Points Guy' has figured out how to fly all over the world — for free | Business Insider
- One major oil CEO thinks the industry is in a 'severe and... | Business Insider
- Here's the version of that SoFi Super Bowl ad you didn't see — it was... | Business Insider