GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Plunges Back Below $56, Nasdaq Red On Gilead Weakness | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Tumble As USDJPY Hits 120 | ZeroHedge
- NatGas Crashes Most In 10 Months As Polar Vortex Arrival Delayed | ZeroHedge
- This Factor Could Propel Gold Mining Stocks Much Higher In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- Hacking Collective Anonymous Says FBI Is Lying, "North Korea Is Not Source Of Hack" | ZeroHedge
- Stay The Hell Out Of Russia | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Bleak Reality Of Life In The Hamas-Controlled Gaza Strip | Business Insider
- Seeing This Spectacular Sunrise From A Hot Air Balloon At The Edge Of Space Costs $75,000 | Business Insider
- Mike Myers Crashes 'SNL' As Dr. Evil To Address Sony Hack | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley Housing Prices Are So Insane That These Teardowns... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett Tells Managers Their Top Priority Is To 'Zealously... | Business Insider
- Bloodied Skrtel earns Liverpool point | Business Insider
- Kate Winslet Might Star In The Next Steve Jobs Movie (AAPL) | Business Insider