GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GROSS’N OUT | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Oil Glut: How High Can It Go? | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Worse Than Expected (Again), Remain Flat For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- More Clinton Cronyism: Selling Uranium Interests To Russia While Hillary Was SecState | ZeroHedge
- Houston "Police Officer of the Year" Indicted For Trafficking Weapons For Los Zetas Drug Cartel | ZeroHedge
- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Apr 23, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mobile and social are fueling massive digital-video advertising growth as... | Business Insider
- Putting 'unemployed' on your LinkedIn makes you look desperate — here's what... | Business Insider
- Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to do a 'Twins' sequel with... | Business Insider
- PIMCO thinks the market is getting the Fed wrong | Business Insider
- This simple trick lets you record as much Snapchat video as you want | Business Insider
- A new web service called 'Skinnyfatties' will slim down your fat, out-... | Business Insider
- Arctic nations meet under threat of new Cold War | Business Insider