GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe JeSTeR... | ZeroHedge
- Dow 20,000: A New Beginning…or the Beginning of the End? | Financial Sense
- "We Are Transferring Power Back To The People" - Trump's Full Inaugural Speech | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
- The Geopolitics Of 2017 In 4 Maps | ZeroHedge
- An Alternative Perspective On Today's "Women's March" | ZeroHedge
- Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 best stock pickers of 2016 (REI, ECA, GNW, SIVB, TBK, AMD, GNMK, FMSA, CDE, AMBR... | Business Insider
- Harvard economist Rogoff explains why he is so... | Business Insider
- Matt Ryan's most memorable play of the year is one he didn't make | Business Insider
- MNUCHIN: The US may need 'a 21st century version' of... | Business Insider
- The truth about whether you can be fired for expressing your political views at... | Business Insider
- There's new evidence that shows even more conclusively that a certain... | Business Insider
- Here's how the anti-Trump protests played out in Washington during the... | Business Insider