GTA V Delayed, TTWO falls 7%
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) shares fell 7% today after announcing that Grand Theft Auto V is delayed until Sept 17th 2013. The news could have been worse and don't forget TTWO still has BioShock Infinite ready to release on March 26th.
The sell-off is typical for Take-Two and not a surprise reaction for traders. Keep in mind Take-Two caries a 24% short interest and volatile swings are typical events. Take-Two posted the following consolation notice on their website today:
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
It's a big whatever but possibly a chance for those waiting on the sideline to enter the stock before the expected run up (read Take-Two: A Classic Pullback). To wet your appetite for BioShock Infinite checkout their e-book prequel, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt available on Amazon. Mind in Revolt was written by Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. The e-book will give gamers insight into the sky-city of Columbia before the upcoming game begins.
Bottom line: Take-Two earnings are next week, prepare for another 'do or die' trading day. However with a new BioShock and GTA release in 2013 TTWO shares could finally fight back.
TTWO Chart for today & TTWO 6 Month Chart:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Rogers Explains What He Is Doing Before "The Next Time The World Comes To An End" | ZeroHedge
- How The Hillary 'Victory Fund' Uses State Democratic Committees To Launder Money To The DNC | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Thinks "Mr. Brexit" Is Just Another "Right-wing, Xenophobic, Sexist, Bigot" That You Should Promptly Ignore | ZeroHedge
- J-Holed: Stocks Slide After "Good" Yellen, "Bad" Powell, & "Ugly" Fischer | ZeroHedge
- How Obamacare Destroyed The Middle Class In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Brexit Probably Most Bullish Thing That Happened This Summer | Financial Sense
- "Hawkish" Yellen Speech Sparks Buying Spree In Everything (Except Dollars) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's 'a war on the American farmer':... | Business Insider
- JIM ROGERS: If Trump does what he says there will be 'bankruptcy... | Business Insider
- The Swiss postal service is testing robot mail delivery | Business Insider
- The American McMansion is dying | Business Insider
- 15 ways product designers would change the human body | Business Insider
- 9 hidden Xbox One features only power users know about (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 8 podcasts that could radically change your commute for the... | Business Insider