Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet Janet Dupree:72, Alcoholic, HIV-Positive, $16,000 In Student Debt: "I Won't Live Long Enough To Pay It Off" | ZeroHedge
- Ready to Take Some Lumps, if Need Be | iBankCoin.com
- Initial Jobless Claims Rise Most In 3 Months, 4-Week Average Lowest Since 2000 | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Why Amazon Is Crashing: Jeff Bezos' Nightmare Quarters In Charts | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Afghan Who Helped US Describes Sheer Terror Of Being A Taliban Target | Business Insider
- People Who Felt Tricked Into Thinking Vitaminwater Was A... | Business Insider
- African nations to send 1,000 health workers to Ebola... | Business Insider
- Uncapped five in Cheika's first Wallaby squad | Business Insider
- Madeleine Albright Had The Perfect Response To Conan's Dirty Joke About Her | Business Insider
- Randomly Investing In Emerging Markets Isn't Going To Fly Anymore | Business Insider
- Slack CEO Denies He's Raising At A Billion Dollar Valuation | Business Insider