Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: September 28 | ZeroHedge
- Debate Post-Mortem: Rematch Required As Commentators Split On Debate Winner, Markets Give Hillary Nod | ZeroHedge
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- The Italian Referendum: What You Need To Know | ZeroHedge
- Oil Pops After Crude Inventories Unexpectedly Drop | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 sneaky ways online retailers get you to spend more | Business Insider
- A former FBI hostage... | Business Insider
- Investors are worried about the presidential election — but... | Business Insider
- Netflix has about 20 new reality-TV shows in the works | Business Insider
- The 5 states where teachers earn the lowest salaries | Business Insider
- The 10 biggest blockbuster movies of all time, and how... | Business Insider
- 10 office rules that make the best employees quit | Business Insider