Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman's Bear Case In 7 Steps: "We Are In The 98th Percentile Of Historical Valuations" | ZeroHedge
- Baltimore Cops Ask For Help After 73-Year-Old Man Stabbed To Death In Broad Daylight | ZeroHedge
- The Shocking Truth About How Barack Obama Was Able To Prop Up The U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
- How Twitter Bots Affected the US Presidential Campaign | Financial Sense
- Ford CEO Expresses Interest In Working With Trump; Says Less Regulation Is Key To Saving U.S. Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Did The Market Just Flash A Hindenburg Omen Warning? | ZeroHedge
- Using Deception Technology in the Race Against Cybercrime | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Canadian rewards app has 70,000 millennials using it — now, it's... | Business Insider
- Watch out as India restricts gold holdings to fight 'black money' | Business Insider
- There's about to be a shift in who dominates the US... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Donald Trump could erase Obama's legacy almost as soon as he takes office | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek