Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Shocking Reason Putin Isn't Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Chart That Has High-Yield Investors Running For The Hills? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Here's What Wall Street Bulls Were Saying In December 2007 | ZeroHedge
- New Long(s) | iBankCoin.com
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber Responds To CNBC Mockery, Asks "How Has CNBC's Portfolio Done Since 1999?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Google May Be Testing A New Feature To Make Its Search... | Business Insider
- One Of The Creators Of AOL Instant Messenger Pivoted His Next Company So... | Business Insider
- San Francisco Protesters Are Slapping Neon Green Stickers On Airbnb... | Business Insider
- Robo-Advisors Now Manage Over 36% More Money Than They Did 3 Months Ago | Business Insider
- Notable 52... | StreetInsider.com
- How Will Cisco Systems Stock React to This Analyst Action? | TheStreet.com
- Boston Suffers Extensive Damage And Flooding After... | Business Insider