Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Geopolitics Of 2017 In 4 Maps | ZeroHedge
- In Speech to a the CIA, Trump Offers to Build Them a Room Without Columns: ‘Do You Understand That?’ | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: "I'm Always On The Left" | ZeroHedge
- How The New York Times Plays With History | ZeroHedge
- Trump Takes Over 'Riskiest' America Since World War II | ZeroHedge
- Man Shot Outside University of Washington MILO Event, Gunman Spoke On Camera Minutes Before Incident (VIDEO) | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennials are leading the trend on America's hottest... | Business Insider
- These 2 charts will give stock pickers everywhere nightmares... | Business Insider
- How Trump's Day 1 deportation plans could backfire... | Business Insider
- President Obama made one of history's greatest stock market... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Olive Garden has a new take on its famous endless pasta — but there's a small... | Business Insider
- Here are 8 things Trump could do on 'day... | Business Insider