Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts On President Trump's 'Disappearance' | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Guide To Being An Introvert | Altucher Confidential
- Failing Malls Turn Empty Parking Lots Into Carnivals To Generate Cash | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- "Total Chaos" - Cyber Attack Feared As Multiple Cities Hit With Simultaneous Power Grid Failures | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump asks Obama-appointed Surgeon General Vivek... | Business Insider
- Many investors may be overexposed to US... | Business Insider
- Alt finance takes the unicorn lead | Business Insider
- 40 amazing cars that dominated the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show | Business Insider
- Scott Galloway: The big 4 have created enormous wealth by... | Business Insider
- Lebanese prime minister asks UN to... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs' new CFO just faced his first grilling by Wall Street... | Business Insider