Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Greed & Fear Are Great Teachers" Black Swan Author Tells Graduates "Always Have Skin In The Game" | ZeroHedge
- Here Are BofA's "Trades Of The Unexpected" For June, The "Event Risk Month" | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Decision To Debate Sanders In California Is His Most Genius Move Yet | ZeroHedge
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Forget Chinese Commodity Speculators, Meet North America's "Moms-and-Millennials" Oil Day-Traders | ZeroHedge
- What Killed The US Consumer, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Your Options: To Serve... Or Be Served | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rich Americans trust old white guys the most | Business Insider
- Militants are controlling OPEC's oil production | Business Insider
- IBM's brilliant AI just helped teach a grad-level college course | Business Insider
- Some shareholders of TheStreet say its board makes Kim Jong Un look like... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- Yoga pants contain the only known substance that 'probably' does not cause... | Business Insider
- SAM ZELL: It's really hard not to be a seller in real estate right... | Business Insider