Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, Over At The "New York" Stock Exchange... Lasers | ZeroHedge
- Housing Bubble Redux: Subprime Auto Market Begins To Crack | ZeroHedge
- Oil Leads The Way Today | iBankCoin.com
- What's America's Fragility Score? | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava on U.S. Recession, Fed Rate Hikes, and Short-Term Correction | Financial Sense
- NYC Residents Pay $2-3,000 A Month For “Micro-Apartments” As Luxury Car Sales Outpace Regular Car Sales | ZeroHedge
- VIX Broke A Major Record Last Week | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists measured 15,000 penises and determined the... | Business Insider
- There's more and more evidence Bill O'Reilly made up stories... | Business Insider
- Macau casino free fall sees record revenue drop | Business Insider
- Netanyahu says the US/Israel dispute over Iran... | Business Insider
- These fascinating diagrams reveal how to manage people in different countries | Business Insider
- Here are 11 basic Excel tricks that will change your life | Business Insider
- 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider