Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Explosion Reported Near Refugee Center in Zirndorf, Germany - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "We Live In A Dystopic, Orwellian Ball Of Crazy" | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile At The DNC | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 177 – Ramit Sethi: What Happens When You Make $50,000 In One Month? | Altucher Confidential
- 2016 Election Decision Is "Cholera Or Gonorrhea"; Julian Assange "Would Prefer Neither" | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey On President Hillary Clinton, World War III, & The Deep State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft just released an iPhone app it says takes better... | Business Insider
- This unearthed documentary provides a rare look at Nintendo's humble... | Business Insider
- Steve Jobs used to read and approve every Apple press... | Business Insider
- Republicans and Democrats are not nearly as close on criminal justice as it... | Business Insider
- Leon Cooperman published an epic 48-page note to... | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything... | Business Insider
- Obama on a possible Trump win: 'Anything is possible' | Business Insider