Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- EliminaTED: Cruz Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Leaving Trump Republican Presidential Candidate | ZeroHedge
- Indiana's Over: Sanders Hammers Hillary, Trump Crushes Cruz - Speech Livestream | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slump, Dollar Jumps After China Sends Message To Fed | ZeroHedge
- Declining Production Rates for many of the Top 30 Oil Producing Countries (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Aussie Dollar Crashes Through Key Support After "Surprise" Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Doldrums To Continue As "Fantasy World Of Rate Normalization" Unwinds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US auto sales bounced back in April (HMC, TM, F, GM, FCAU, NSANY, VOW) | Business Insider
- North Korea has reportedly banned freedom of... | Business Insider
- The oldest restaurant in the world is located in... | Business Insider
- Factory orders surged more than expected | Business Insider
- Everyone's talking about this insane chart that shows the... | Business Insider
- Watch the entire evolution of the universe in under 3 minutes | Business Insider
- We went inside Elon Musk's futuristic Tesla factory filled with over 150... | Business Insider