Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver Market Change Report 5 July, 2015 | ZeroHedge
- "Unleash The Bullard" - S&P 500 Breaks Below Crucial Support | ZeroHedge
- Jade Helm, Terrorist Attacks, Surveillance & Other Fairy Tales For A Gullible Nation | ZeroHedge
- The First Post-Referendum Head Rolls: "Toxic" "Martyr" Yanis Varoufakis Resigns | ZeroHedge
- Beware Greeks Bearing Nothing: Eurogroup Ends, Dijsselbloem Statement To Follow | ZeroHedge
- F-16 Fighter Collides With Civilian Cessna Over South Carolina | ZeroHedge
- CHINA IS DEAD; LONG LIVE CHINA | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece is being cut off from the internet | Business Insider
- Women's World Cup final - USA lead Japan 4-1 at half-... | Business Insider
- This has been one of the longest gold bear markets on record, but it's nowhere near... | Business Insider
- The bizarre inspiration behind Nike's first pair of running... | Business Insider
- Roger Federer has a great defense of the 20-year-old who tanked an... | Business Insider
- 'You don't leave the euro; it leaves you' | Business Insider
- A major makeup brand is under fire for body-shaming tweets | Business Insider