Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
- Lots to Digest This Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Will the Real Economy Please Stand Up? | Financial Sense
- Will the “Least Loved” Bull throw a “Taper Tantrum?” | Financial Sense
- This One Has Been Laying Low | iBankCoin.com
- In The Third Quarter, The Rich Got Richer By $1.9 Trillion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Local Police Departments Have Been Driving Fake Cell Towers Into Neighborhoods To... | Business Insider
- Eight Big Tech Companies Demand That The Government Changes How It Spies And... | Business Insider
- This Guy's Supercut Of His Totally Epic Year Will Make You Wish You Took More... | Business Insider
- The Awesome Absurdity Of The Lions-Eagles Snow Game In One... | Business Insider
- Here's What The LA Startup Scene Thinks About Snapchat's CEO And... | Business Insider
- Ousted Co-Founder Slams Snapchat's Restraining Order As 'Meritless' | Business Insider
- 10 Private And Embarrassing Emails That Went Viral On... | Business Insider