Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ron Paul: The Case For Truly 'Free' Trade | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- Investor Opinions Have Become Extremely Uniform, and That's Not Good | Financial Sense
- On Memorial Day, Who Is America's True Superhero | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- China Establishes World's Largest Physical Gold Fund | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 18 essential items for the closet of the modern gentleman | Business Insider
- Michelle Obama's advice to Oberlin graduates cuts to the heart of one of... | Business Insider
- We talked to the guy who made a painting of Google's Eric Schmidt out of poop to... | Business Insider
- Australia makes its mark on global coffee culture | Business Insider
- How to survive a bear attack | Business Insider
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Here's how George W. Bush handled the big question that... | Business Insider