Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clues to Watch for the End of QE “Infinity” | Financial Sense
- Italy's New Government Approval Rating Plummets From 43% To 34% In Three Weeks, Protests Return | ZeroHedge
- Francois Hollande’s Latest Cunning Plan | Financial Sense
- Jeff Gundlach: "We Are Drowning In Central Banking" | ZeroHedge
- America’s Addiction to Foreign Uranium | Financial Sense
- When Central Banks Buy Stocks | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SHERYL SANDBERG: It's OK For Women To Cry At Work | Business Insider
- The Ingenious 'HoodiePillow' Is The Ultimate Plane Flight Accessory | Business Insider
- Federer's New Haircut Doesn't Help — Nadal Mauls Him In Rome | Business Insider
- This Is David Beckham's Most Viral Video Of All Time | Business Insider
- Kanye West's Next Album Will Be Called 'Yeezus' | Business Insider
- The 11 Most Tech-Savvy Darlings Of Online Retail | Business Insider
- The Most Incorrect Prediction Of The Past 5 Years | Business Insider