Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pound Plummets To New Lows; 10Y Gilts Slide Under 1%; British Banks Halted After Crashing | ZeroHedge
- New Haven Declares Public Health Emergency After "Never Before Seen" Heroin Overdose Epidemic | ZeroHedge
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- The $555 Trillion Derivatives Debt Implosion Is About to Begin | ZeroHedge
- Brits Lead Revolt Against Age Of Inequality, BofAML Favors "Gold, Vol, & Cash Positions" | ZeroHedge
- "Frack Master" Busted For Blowing Investor Cash On "Whore Card" | ZeroHedge
- Another Sexual Assault Gets Refugees Banned From Pools In Austria | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to sell an app that goes viral, according to $3.8 billion Slack... | Business Insider
- This Canadian forest might thrive in a... | Business Insider
- Boston mob boss 'Whitey' Bulger's possessions... | Business Insider
- Trump clarifies his stance on a Muslim ban, saying he'd bar only those from 'terror... | Business Insider
- Here are the top Wall Street firms to work for, according to LinkedIn's users | Business Insider
- A prominent conservative columnist says he's leaving the party because... | Business Insider
- How a $100 million investment helped make Papa John's America's... | Business Insider