Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Just Another Manic Panic-Buying Monday In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Developer Kaisa Officially Defaults, Restructures Debt | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When A Russian Surface-To-Air Missile Launch Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- IBM Reports Worst Sales Since 2002; EPS Beats On Aggressive Buybacks, Cut In Tax Rate | ZeroHedge
- North Carolina Man's Obituary "Respectfully Asks That You Not Vote For Hillary In 2016" | ZeroHedge
- What Is Really Driving Gold? | ZeroHedge
- American Justice? FBI Lab Overstated 95% Of Forensic Hair Matches (Including 32 Death Sentences) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay offered... | Business Insider
- An office worker wore his GoPro camera to work one day and turned his 9-5 into a high-... | Business Insider
- Pentagon: The Navy sent warships near Yemen but NOT to intercept Iranian... | Business Insider
- This humanoid robot can recognize and interact with people | Business Insider
- Why this woman turned down a fabulous job at Google | Business Insider
- Apple has spent years working on a type of product that Steve Jobs famously hated (... | Business Insider
- IBM beats on earnings, but the stock is flat after a brief blip (IBM) | Business Insider