Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NATO Backs Turkey's Version Of Events, Calls For "Calm & De-Escalation" | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? "A Short-Term Border Violation Can Never Be A Pretext For An Attack" | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Releases "Greatest" Piece Of Terrorist Video Propaganda In History, Tells US, Russia To "Bring It On" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Bounce Extends After US Oil Rig Count Continues To Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Is Turkey Lying: Rescued Russian Pilot Says There Was No Warning Before F-16 Opened Fire | ZeroHedge
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of "Backstabbing", Funding ISIS, Sees "Serious Consequences" To Ties | ZeroHedge
- A Furious Ralph Nader Calls Out The Fed As "Tribune To Plutocratic, Crony Capitalism"; Janet Yellen Responds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Apple has acquired Faceshift, a virtual reality... | Business Insider
- Russian soldier killed in search for pilots of... | Business Insider
- Fire kills 18 migrants at Algeria camp: emergency... | Business Insider
- Kerry to hold talks with Israeli, Palestinian leaders | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Report: Turkey shoots down warplane over airspace... | Business Insider