Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Crude Production Hits 13-Month Highs As Oil Rig Count Doubles Off May 2016 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Top? Champagne Shipments To US Reach 2007 Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Spicer Takes The Stage As Nobody Knows Anything: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Over Half Of American Cities Are Now Dominated By Renters | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- US Confirms Coalition Airstrike In Mosul May Have Killed As Many As 240 Civilians | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amy Schumer has dropped out of the Barbie movie | Business Insider
- Benny Johnson demoted from role as chief content officer at Independent Journal... | Business Insider
- Paul Manafort is now at the center of the... | Business Insider
- LaVar Ball is the best thing to happen to sports in years | Business Insider
- China's new missile could threaten an arms war in the Pacific | Business Insider
- Democrats gloat after 'Trumpcare' fails: 'So much for "The... | Business Insider
- A trio of key Trump associates have... | Business Insider