Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 8 Cities That Have Replaced Columbus Day With Indigenous Peoples Day | ZeroHedge
- Top 0.1% Of US Households Own As Much Wealth As The Bottom 90% | ZeroHedge
- Energy Storage Just Got a Massive Vote of Confidence | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts: A Decisive Shift In The Power Balance Has Occurred | ZeroHedge
- "Maybe It's Not The Guns... Maybe It's The People Holding The Guns" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Officials Call For NIRP… is a Physical Cash Ban Next After That? | ZeroHedge
- Thousands Of Angry Unpaid Chinese Workers Protest Shocking Bankruptcy Of Major Telecom Supplier | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Outcry in Connecticut brings back canceled Halloween... | Business Insider
- Iran says verdict issued on Washington Post reporter | Business Insider
- The Garden Gem is one of the very best tasting tomatoes — but you... | Business Insider
- Mets replace Tejada on roster with Triple-A SS Reynolds | Business Insider
- Sic'em: Baylor reaches No. 2 in AP Top 25 behind Ohio... | Business Insider
- SNL brilliantly skewers America's gun obsession | Business Insider
- This male model just made history... | Business Insider