Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- The Recent Liquidation Avalanche As Explained By Dan Loeb, And Why He Is Back To Shorting Stocks Again | ZeroHedge
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
- Kicking Some Bear Game | iBankCoin.com
- Things Worth Avoiding | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Parrot Is Finally Dead: The Economist Does It Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The World's Second Biggest Retailer Is Getting Hammered As Profits Collapse 90% | Business Insider
- Zagat Reveals The Best Restaurants In New York City For 2015 | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- A Miami Dolphins Player Explained Why Jay Cutler Has Thrown So Many Interceptions This Season... | Business Insider
- Oil Is Taking A Drubbing Again (USO) | Business Insider
- Bloomberg Drops Huge Cash, Poaches Business... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek