Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- France: The Religious War Few Wish To Face | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant Is "Very Bullish On Gold" | ZeroHedge
- The Permian Pitfall: A Race To The Bottom For Tight Oil | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Admits "Lapses In Accountability" Led To Loss Of Hundreds Of Thousands Of US Guns In Afghanistan And Iraq | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 24 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US children eat 3 times as much sugar as they should | Business Insider
- A groundbreaking Wall Street trading startup is trying to pull back from the... | Business Insider
- More than half the non-government... | Business Insider
- We tried Boston Market's new chicken Marsala, but it did not compare to... | Business Insider
- Existing home sales tumble | Business Insider
- Steve Wynn is making a big bet on this new luxurious $4 billion casino in... | Business Insider
- 4 Japanese laws that surprise most foreigners | Business Insider