Holy Special Dividends: Tellabs
Trading halted on Tellabs Inc (TLAB) this afternoon after the company announced an incredible $1 special dividend per share. Mind you that when trading halted TLAB was at $2.95. You can bet this stock is going to the races once it starts trading again.
This is crazy pills and easy money -- straight from NASDAQ.com:
Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14.
The company stated that the special dividend is in addition to a stock repurchase announced on November 20. The company intends to repurchase its common stock under an existing Board of Directors authorization, previously announced on November 8, 2007. The company may repurchase up to $224.6 million under the previously announced repurchase program.
The company added that it plans to use part of its $942 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities for the program. The company has no debt.
Fellow Masters, this is an unbelievable deal. Buy shares before Dec 14th if you want to play this action.
Tellabs special dividend is more than 33% of its current share price. You pay less than $3 (provided you can buy it that cheap after trading resumes) and get a $1 dividend one week later? If Tellabs is crack right now then hand me the pipe because I am about to smoke it. Thank you Pookie.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Scotland Referendum: Who Voted How And Why? | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- FX Markets In Turmoil On Scottish Vote & Japan Economic Downgrade | ZeroHedge
- France Releases Video Of Its First Airstrike Against ISIS | ZeroHedge
- $BABA’s Little Red Candle | iBankCoin.com
- Precious Metals Liquidated To Make Room For Alibaba, Silver At Four-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yelp's 2014 a Sorry Follow Up to '13, But Analysts Optimistic | TheStreet.com
- Western militaries scramble to aid Ebola-hit west Africa | Business Insider
- This Story About Safra Catz Stopping Larry Ellison In A Meeting Shows Just How Powerful... | Business Insider
- Estonian President: Europe's Security Architecture 'Has Collapsed... | Business Insider
- There's A Simple New Weight Loss Procedure That's Changing The Game... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay, Mobile Payments, And NFC:... | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Colleges In America, According To People Who Work In Finance | Business Insider