Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What's The Car Preference Of Millennials? Bentley - Of Course | ZeroHedge
- Price Discovery - R.I.P.! | ZeroHedge
- UK Stocks Soar To 10-Month Highs, Gilt Yields Record Lows After BOE Announces More QE | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Keith Barron on Helicopter Drops, Gold, and Brexit | Financial Sense
- Revenge Of The Rubes - Why The Days Of The Financial Elite's Rule Are Numbered | ZeroHedge
- Brexit & The Crisis Of Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- The Curse Of "Wealth Effects" Central Banking | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The next big 'Pokemon' game is completely different from past games — here's how it... | Business Insider
- This cut 'SNL' sketch shows just how talented Drake is | Business Insider
- One of 2 black boxes on doomed EgyptAir flight... | Business Insider
- Stunning deal on the first day of NBA free agency is the perfect... | Business Insider
- The income of the 1% is rising twice as fast as the 99... | Business Insider
- The best body language to use in your online dating profile, according to... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek