Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Charting The Most Important Investors Through Time | ZeroHedge
- Feds Probing Potential Insider Trading By Senator Bob Corker | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Global Equities Hanging By a Thread | Financial Sense
- Google's Paris Office Raided In Tax Evasion Probe | ZeroHedge
- Emerging Markets Turmoil Signal Pain Ahead For US Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Nears $50 After Bigger Than Expected Inventory Draw, Production Cut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple CEO Tim Cook looked at a 346-year-old painting and saw an iPhone (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Checking your phone first thing in the morning could be... | Business Insider
- Russia just one-upped the Saudis in China — again | Business Insider
- NASA built a robot that looks like Iron Man — and it could one day help... | Business Insider
- What it's like to shop at Whole Foods' new store for millennials that's... | Business Insider
- EX-FBI HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR: Here's the best way to spot a liar | Business Insider
- We tried the 'Uber-killer' that just landed a $300 million... | Business Insider