Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch As 6.8 Magnitude Quake Shakes The Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant | ZeroHedge
- The Polar Vortex Is Back... In The Middle Of July | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Pure Madness: Revenueless, Assetless CYNK Soars Over $5Bn; Bigger Than GameStop, Cablevision, Jabil Circuit | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time To Sell The "Old Guy At A Club" Market? | ZeroHedge
- Epic Portugal Damage Control To Preserve Bank Confidence: BES Resumes Trading, Surges Then Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: The New US Tax Return | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It's Unbelievable How Many Investors Rely On Just One Year's Worth... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why 30-Somethings Tend To Be Unhappy At Work | Business Insider
- Hot Time, Summer at Citi: Thursday's Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- Here's An Easy Way To Avoid Paying ATM Fees Forever | Business Insider
- Luis Suarez Transfers To Barcelona In $128-Million Deal Despite Biting Ban | Business Insider
- This Is What Stresses Americans Out The Most | Business Insider