Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Raids Multiple Microsoft Offices, Media Demands "Severe Punishment" | ZeroHedge
- "End Torture," Ron Paul Demands "Shut Down The CIA!" | ZeroHedge
- All About That Small Cap Life | iBankCoin.com
- Ladies: Hold on Tight to Your Accessories | iBankCoin.com
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stocks Are Sliding (FDO, DLTR, Z, TRLA, HLF, LOCO, SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA) | Business Insider
- LEAKED: A Gold iPhone 6 Is Coming With A New Apple Logo Design On The Back (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Yelp's Newest Feature Adds Videos To Your Restaurant Reviews | Business Insider
- How Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Went From WWE Wrestler To Hollywood's Box Office... | Business Insider
- OKCupid Admits To Purposely Giving Users Bad Matches In Site 'Experiment... | Business Insider
- This Hack Lets People Save Your Snapchats For All Of Eternity | Business Insider
- 21 Hidden Bars In New York City (And How To Find Them) | Business Insider