Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Seals Off Yumen City After Outbreak Of Bubonic Plague | ZeroHedge
- First Syrian Rebels, Now Hamas: Qatar Once Again Emerges As "Mystery" US-Backed Sponsor Of War | ZeroHedge
- No Data, Mo War, No Worries: S&P Hits New Record High | ZeroHedge
- Futures Dragged Down By Visa, Amazon Despite USDJPY Levitation | ZeroHedge
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
- A Zillow For Trulia Deal Changes Nothing | iBankCoin.com
- High Yield Credit Market Flashing Red As Outflows Surge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- DOW OFF 160 | Business Insider
- Women Are Already Underrepresented On Major Film Crews, And The Numbers Are... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/25: (TRIP... | StreetInsider.com
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING BEATS EXPECTATIONS, SURGES TO 18-MONTH HIGH (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- Elon Musk Tells Colbert The Real Reason He Wants Us To Go To Mars | Business Insider