Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fearing Spillover, ECB Moves To Shield Neighboring Banks From Greek Meltdown | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Independence Day Reading | ZeroHedge
- Did The IMF Just Open Pandora's Box? | ZeroHedge
- Citigroup Just Cornered The "Precious Metals" Derivatives Market | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Preview - Second Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- Happy 4th of Joohl-Eye | iBankCoin.com
- The Template for the End Game: Lies and Fraud Followed by Bail-Ins | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most over-the-top tech billionaire vacation homes | Business Insider
- The Philadelphia 76ers are hoarding draft picks like crazy — here's every... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- France refuses Assange's 'request' for asylum | Business Insider
- 8 reasons why Americans should take their vacation days | Business Insider
- Hey, look — the company that is supposed to kill Apple just hit a wall... | Business Insider
- Intense video of underground drone racing in a basement in Australia | Business Insider