Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis | Financial Sense
- The "Unequivocally 'Not' Good" Reality Of Lower Oil Prices & Jobs | ZeroHedge
- "Fed To The Rescue" - The Plunge Protection Team Makes The Front Page | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- What Are Technical Indicators Saying About the Market? | Financial Sense
- 5 Things To Ponder: Variegated Contemplations | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Internal CIA Document Admits US Drone Program “Counterproductive” … Obama Did It ANYWAY | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- From Start To Finish, This Is How Beacons Track Your Phone While You're Shopping | Business Insider
- Check Out The Epic Mansion Minecraft's Creator Just Bought... | Business Insider
- The Winners for Best and Worst Biotech CEOs of 2014 Are... | TheStreet.com
- Why Russia's Gold Buying Binge Won't Stop the Ruble's Slide | TheStreet.com
- Here's What Doctors Really Think About The Most Controversial... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- With Increased Dividend, Is Samsung the New Apple for Investors? | TheStreet.com