Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Cleric Blasts Twitter As "Source Of All Evil" As Riyal Slides To Lowest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Caught On Tape - Some Folks Jumped The White House Fence, Again | ZeroHedge
- Schizophrenic Silver Slammed On Surging Volume | ZeroHedge
- When Is A White House Transcript Not A Transcript? | ZeroHedge
- 113 Federal Reserve Staff Members Make $250,000 Annually | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Facebook Is Still The Dominant Social Network, In One Chart (FB) | Business Insider
- 'It's F----- Up': Sweden Is Having A Very Hard Time Finding That Suspicious... | Business Insider
- Woman charged after baby corpses found in Canada... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Snowplow Driver Was Drunk In Russian Plane Crash | Business Insider
- Here's How Ridiculously Difficult It Was To Film 'Birdman' In 30 Days | Business Insider
- The NBA's Plan To Stop Tanking Fell Apart At The Last Minute | Business Insider