Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- One by One the Central Banks Are Losing Control | ZeroHedge
- Which Assets Have Priced In A Chinese Economic Collapse? Barclays Explains | ZeroHedge
- Taxation As A Severe Insult | ZeroHedge
- What Do Venture Capitalists and Little Girls Have in Common | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Social & Cultural Distress Dividing The Nation | ZeroHedge
- The Bitcoin Universe Explained | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan's Hanyu smashes mystical 300-point mark | Business Insider
- The 13 most controversial apps you can still download today — from ISIS... | Business Insider
- IMF poised to put Chinese yuan in elite currency basket | Business Insider
- Pope Francis lands in capital of Central African Republic... | Business Insider
- Burkina Faso holds 1st vote since popular uprising | Business Insider
- Scientists finally figured out why Rosetta's comet looks like a duck | Business Insider
- Inside one of the most expensive... | Business Insider