Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Home Sales Miss, August Drastically Revised Lower | ZeroHedge
- Overnight Futures Fail To Ramp As Algos Focus On New York's First Ever Ebola Case | ZeroHedge
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- Biotechs Still a Haunted House for Bears | iBankCoin.com
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Pope: “Corruption Is a Greater Evil than Sin” | ZeroHedge
- 50% Of American Workers Make Less Than $28,031 A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider
- Analysts Grill Janus Capital on 'Bond King' Bill Gross' Impact | TheStreet.com
- Facebook's Newest App Wants To Make Old-School Internet Forums Sexy... | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Rockwell Medical, Oxigene, Prosensa, Sarepta | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer Says Amazon Needs to Deliver Better Results in the Next Quarter | TheStreet.com
- Malcolm Gladwell Reveals The Personality Trait That's Made Him So Successful... | Business Insider
- US Mortgage Rates Sink To A 16-Month Low | Business Insider