Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 | Financial Sense
- Trade Ideas For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- A Blue Collar Kind of Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Mission Accomplished? Putin's Approval Rating Hits 2-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- Staples Celebrates The Recovery With 225 Store Closures, Sales Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Beat; Drop To 3-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- VIDEO INSIDER:... | Business Insider
- Copper Is Getting Smoked | Business Insider
- Here's What You Should Really Be Eating For Breakfast | Business Insider
- The Canary In The Coal Mine For Wall Street Trading Revenue Is Whimpering | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Ukraine Says Crimea's Pro-Russian Authorities Are... | Business Insider
- 5 Subliminal Sex Messages Hidden In Ads For Wholesome Brands | Business Insider