Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Deutsche Bank's Collapse Be Worse Than Lehman Brothers? | ZeroHedge
- Global Trade To Grow At Slowest Pace Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Russian Foreign Ministry Responds To US Accusations: "The Real Barbarism Is What You Did In Libya and Iraq" | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- The QE Premium | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 13 highest-paying jobs for workaholics | Business Insider
- Here's the moment where the debate first went off... | Business Insider
- KRAUTHAMMER: Clinton failed to issue Trump knockout punch to 'stop his momentum... | Business Insider
- A travel expert shares 8 amazing destinations you can visit on a... | Business Insider
- A CEO who gives his employees $2,000 to go on vacation says people are more... | Business Insider
- People are so excited about this wallet that it’s become the biggest one in Kickstarter... | Business Insider
- Clinton calls out Trump for Iraq War support: 'That is absolutely proved over and... | Business Insider