Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- South Korea President Park Impeached In Corruption Scandal | ZeroHedge
- Active Managers Move Back 'All In' On Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
- THE CIA MOVES TO INVALIDATE U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS BY BLAMING RUSSIAN HACKING | ZeroHedge
- Snowden Leak: British Intelligence Calls Israel "True Threat" To Middle East | ZeroHedge
- Here's How Trump Could Still Actually 'Lose' The Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe Must End In Tears | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Order your holiday cards now and save — and more of today's best deals from... | Business Insider
- I stayed in a tiny house, and it made me want to throw out everything I own | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- We went to Sears and saw why the company is imploding (SHLD) | Business Insider
- This snooze-proof alarm forces you to get out of bed to turn it off | Business Insider
- Opioid overdoses are nearing record levels in the city that's... | Business Insider
- Audi made a big move in the self-driving car game this... | Business Insider