Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rock Bottom | Financial Sense
- Fed Officials Call For NIRP… is a Physical Cash Ban Next After That? | ZeroHedge
- Squiggly Line Cartoons | Financial Sense
- Ben Carson Upsets Mainstream Media: Openly Questions Fiat Money | ZeroHedge
- Tech Innovations You Should Watch: Light-Based Memory, Quantum Computing, and Wireless Charging | Financial Sense
- Baltic Dry 'Bounce' Is Dead - Freight Index Lowest In 29 Years For Time Of Year | ZeroHedge
- 4 Warnings And Why You Should Pay Attention | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This graphic shows how two-thirds... | Business Insider
- What net neutrality means for Netflix, AT&T, Time Warner... | Business Insider
- Playboy to stop publishing nude photos | Business Insider
- Can anyone master Djokovic in Shanghai? | Business Insider
- Brother of US journo held in Iran condemns 'cruel... | Business Insider
- Chipotle just took a major step toward becoming... | Business Insider
- Dell employees are feeling nervous about the EMC merger but 'have a lot of... | Business Insider