Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stunned Greeks React To Initial Capital Controls And The "Decree To Confiscate Reserves", And They Are Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Noam Chomsky: "The Idea Of A Media Which Does Not Repeat US Propaganda Is Intolerable To American Leaders" | ZeroHedge
- Forget The Snow, It's The Drought That Is Crushing The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
- David Einhorn Is "Adding More Shorts", Has A Question For Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- US Equity Open Sparks Panic Buying In Crude & Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Greek Debt Crisis Coming To Head - Contagion? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Press set to cover Britain's royal baby from a distance... | Business Insider
- These men are in love with their life-sized dolls... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Jon Stewart explains why he's leaving 'the most perfect job in the... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Hubble, the telescope that revolutionized our view of... | Business Insider
- Mother of lifeless child in the iconic photo from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing... | Business Insider