Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump "Truthers" Versus Hillary's "Hysterically Hyperventilating Hypocrites" | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Part 16 Of The Podesta Files: Total Is Now 26,803 Emails | ZeroHedge
- BofA Explains Why US Consumers Are Spending Less, Saving More | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The George Orwell Theme Park Of Democracy | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
- Is It Time For Another World War? (In 2 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This worm-like robot is under development for robotic surgery | Business Insider
- The psychological formula that Google uses to build the perfect team | Business Insider
- Tesla could roll out its ride-sharing... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- If you love technology, you need to watch 'Black Mirror' on Netflix | Business Insider
- Trump falsely claims pollsters are trying to 'suppress the Trump' | Business Insider
- Photo of Yao Ming making golf legend Gary Player look like a small child puts Yao... | Business Insider