Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- How Did The World Get This Way? | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik on Gold, Oil, and Stocks; Sees Accelerating Crash Cycles in 2016 | Financial Sense
- China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit | Financial Sense
- "Back Then I Was A True Believer" - How A Military Officer's Life Changed Forever 13 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
- Catch Up On The Latest Chinese News With These Seven Bullets | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Hillary Told Wall Street Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'They had to shame you into going back': Marco Rubio... | Business Insider
- Violence is up in Mexico, and it’s drawing an ominous comparison | Business Insider
- 'MARCOBOT MALFUNCTIONS': Everyone's saying Rubio had a... | Business Insider
- JEFF SACHS: This is the biggest threat to the human race | Business Insider
- This is how economic empires collapse | Business Insider
- Learn to code Java, the world’s most popular programming language | Business Insider
- A 'night mayor' is transforming Amsterdam after dark | Business Insider