Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- Where There's Smoke... | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- How Did NY Gov. Cuomo Make $783,000 From A Book That Sold Only 3,200 Copies? | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Instagram is ruining food as we know it (SBUX, YUM) | Business Insider
- America has an internet problem — but a radical change could solve... | Business Insider
- Here's what's behind the US-Canada dairy... | Business Insider
- Trump is about to face his biggest test yet — and... | Business Insider
- Here's what it was like to drive the Ford Focus RS with The Stig from 'Top Gear... | Business Insider
- Kroger has a game-changing new grocery service — and parents might never shop the... | Business Insider
- This dryer dries clothes in half the time with no heat — and it could... | Business Insider