Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don't Confuse Immigration With Naturalization | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Was UK-Born, Previously Investigated By UK Spies Over "Violent Extremism", May Says | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Lowers Expectations" Ahead Of Critical Healthcare Vote | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Is Khalid Masood, 52-Year-Old Brit With Prior Criminal Convictions | ZeroHedge
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Trump Was Right Again: Israeli Teenager Arrested Over Phone Threats To Jewish Community Centers | ZeroHedge
- Art Bubble Pops As Sales Crash To Lowest Level Since 'Great Recession' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 tech essentials every amateur musician needs to record music | Business Insider
- 14 apps every modern gentleman should have on his phone | Business Insider
- I tried meditating for a year and a half, but nothing worked until I tried this app | Business Insider
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- Under Armour is about to release its most expensive shoe ever... | Business Insider
- Starbucks says it will hire 15,000 more veterans after facing backlash for refugee... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek