Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Futures, European Stocks Rise Despite HSBC Plunge; Dollar, Oil Jump | ZeroHedge
- Tucker Carlson Takes on Typical Leftist Who Says Trump is 'Worse Than Hitler' | ZeroHedge
- In Latest "Military Escalation" China Prepares Deployment Of SAM Batteries On South China Sea Islands | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- HSBC Reports One of the Biggest Misses of the Year, We Warned Quite Thoroughly in September | ZeroHedge
- The Only Two Choices You Have In Life | Altucher Confidential
- The 5 Key Things To Watch For In Today's Fed Minutes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | Business Insider
- Walmart beats as online sales continue to surge (WMT) | Business Insider
- 2 big NBA players have already been traded — here are the other names being mentioned... | Business Insider
- TransferWise adds Facebook Messenger chatbot (FB) | Business Insider
- Historian Neil Howe on Bannon, Trump, and... | Business Insider
- Astronomers have found 7 Earth-size planets circling a dwarf star — and some... | Business Insider
- This is why automakers are investing in self-driving and ride-hailing... | Business Insider