Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Our Crazy-Making Economy's Endgame: Festering Frustration Seeking An Outlet | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Accidentally E-mails Top-Secret Brexit Plan To Newspaper | ZeroHedge
- Apple Watch: Epic Dud? | ZeroHedge
- China's Tulipmania Full Frontal: Shenzhen's Parabolic Stocks Just Hit 67x P/E | ZeroHedge
- How China's (Formerly) Richest Man Destroyed His Own Fortune When He Tried To Sell A Stock | ZeroHedge
- Austria Confirms Faith In Fiat Fading: Repatriates 110 Tons Of Gold From BOE | ZeroHedge
- And The Market Breaks (As VIX Hits 2015 Lows) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Senate approves fast-track trade authority for Obama | Business Insider
- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest | Business Insider
- Incredible before-and-after photos show how much New York City has changed... | Business Insider
- What everyone is missing about ISIS' big week | Business Insider
- This former Air Force officer is one of the US's most... | Business Insider
- 21 killed, 81 wounded in IS attack on Saudi Shiite... | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL, DOLLAR SURGES: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI, OIL) | Business Insider