Tesla shares Jump 27%
Today is all about Tesla Motors (TSLA). The beat the street and the shorts are being pounded. Tesla shares are up 27% today, now trading above $70 for a new 12 month high.
We told you last week to Buy in May and Walk Away (TSLA, BCC, SPLV), Tesla made the cut. Tesla finally posted a profit, the gamble paid off and it's a big slap in the face to Ford (F), General Motors (GM) and everyone else who has been in the auto business forever.
Expect all the analysts to jump on board and post new price targets because they have been proved wrong. Annoying. Congrats to all who believed in the company and won on the earnings call.Tesla posted Q1 earnings per share of 12 cents, that beat the street estimates of 8 cents. Revenue was more impressive, jumping 16% year over year to $563 million. That was a beat by $63 million.
Looking ahead in Q2, Tesla will deliver around 4,500 vehicles in North America. The company believes it will exceed its full year 20,000 vehicle delivery estimate. Shares of Tesla continue to rise, they should close over $70 and touched $71.90 thus far today.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Restaurants In D.C. Slash Jobs After Minimum Wage Hike | ZeroHedge
- "Hawkish" Yellen Speech Sparks Buying Spree In Everything (Except Dollars) | ZeroHedge
- Another Cog In The Exploding Resentment Wheel | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Lower To 1.1%, As Expected, Even As Personal Consumption Rises | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Claims She "Kept Americans Safe" As Secretary, Was "Not Influenced By Any Outside Forces" | ZeroHedge
- Four More Mega-Banks Join The Anti-Dollar Alliance | ZeroHedge
- The 5 Incredible Things To Do To Live A Charmed Life | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dollar General says business was hurt by food deflation and a reduction in food stamps (... | Business Insider
- 5 questions to ask in an interview that will reveal a lot about the... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Why this bank-heist thriller is the best movie of the whole summer | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking... | Business Insider
- It's official — the US Air Force has no idea what it's doing trying to... | Business Insider
- Amazon is getting into the car business — sort of (AMZN) | Business Insider