These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The June Unemployment Rate Fell to 5.3%, But... | Financial Sense
- It Is NOT Priced-In, Stupid! | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Mocks Greece And The Referendum: There Is Money, But The Deal Is Much Harsher Now (And No Debt Haircut) | ZeroHedge
- Greece Fallout: Italy & Spain Have Funded A Massive Backdoor Bailout Of French Banks | ZeroHedge
- Are You Investing Like the Terminator? You Should Be! | ZeroHedge
- As A Reminder, This Is What Capital Controls In Cyprus Looked Like | ZeroHedge
- "Unleash The Bullard" - S&P 500 Breaks Below Crucial Support | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Jordan Spieth is playing a small event in Illinois 4 days before... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The US government just tested its cyber weapons in a series of war games | Business Insider
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/6: (... | StreetInsider.com
- Happy Shark Week: Meet the tiny, super rare pocket shark whose 'pocket' has scientists... | Business Insider