These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Quarter That Will Go Down In Infamy | iBankCoin.com
- This Is Your Broken Market On Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- Asian Markets Mixed: China Jump, Crude Dump, Japan Slump | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Burning Down The House: Land, Water & Food | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- Imperial Collapse And A License To Kill | ZeroHedge
- China Gloats | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 50 companies engineering students dream of working for | Business Insider
- Cynthia, first wife of John Lennon, dies: son | Business Insider
- Here's what people don't understand about Apple right now, according to Citi (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Wal-Mart just took a bold stand asking Arkansas' governor to veto a... | Business Insider
- Stocks are getting crushed (SPX, DJI, IXIC, USO, OIL) | Business Insider