These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple's Total Cash Holdings Decline For The First Time Since Before Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Just Because Tech Stocks Are Cratering, That Doesn’t Mean They Ain’t Cool | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Headline Of The Day: Justin Bieber Visits Japan's Yasukuni War Shrine | ZeroHedge
- Mugabe Considers Revival Of "Hyperinflated" Zimbabwe Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- Bond CEF Update: Liquidity Is Plentiful | Financial Sense
- Exactly Like 7 Years Ago? 2014 Is Turning Out To Be Eerily Similar To 2007 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NYC First Major U.S. City in Decades to Embrace Battery Storage Installations | TheStreet.com
- New York's Iconic Tavern On The Green Reopens With A Completely New... | Business Insider
- James Harden Goes Into Brutal Shooting Slump, Calls Reporter A 'Weirdo' In Bizarre... | Business Insider
- IT'S APPLE EARNINGS DAY: Here's What Analysts Are Expecting (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's Why The EU Isn't Going To Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia Right Now | Business Insider
- Yankees Pitcher Ejected For Having An Illegal Substance On His Neck | Business Insider
- Ronald McDonald Is Getting A Makeover, And He's Coming To Twitter | Business Insider