These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bonds Persist in Their Warning About the U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- While "A" Bottom Is In, Is It "THE" Bottom? | Financial Sense
- Ebay PayPal Spin-Off - Who Knew What When? | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Post-Mortem: Minutes Have More Hawkish Tone | ZeroHedge
- An Attractive Potential Takeover Target | iBankCoin.com
- "Caught Between Iraq & A Hard Place" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter Has Changed A Core Function Of How Twitter Works — And Users Are... | Business Insider
- Did You Notice These 21 Companies Changed Their Logos This Year? | Business Insider
- European Markets Are Down, Asian Markets Are Up, Futures Are Down (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Family Dollar... | StreetInsider.com
- 11 Google Chrome Extensions That Will Boost Your... | Business Insider
- Thomson Reuters Is Reportedly Sending A Presumptuous Email To Publishers Saying... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's Commodities Analysts Are Getting Their Hands Dirty In America... | Business Insider