These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Should Have Known Something Was Wrong" | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Is Now The Most Expensive Country In The World | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Reveals Her Plan To "Prevent The Next Crash" In Bloomberg Op-Ed | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
- The Dow Is Up 1000 Points From Post-Payrolls Lows | ZeroHedge
- Jobless Claims, Leading Economic Indicators Still Not Warning of Recession | Financial Sense
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- This new Airbus patent could fix the worst thing about flying coach | Business Insider
- Charges dropped against Ron Paul's former campaign... | Business Insider
- The Latest: 1 dead, 3 others shot at Northern Arizona Univ... | Business Insider
- Toyota will reveal a vision for the future of cars later this month | Business Insider
- Battery fires: FAA to back ban on passenger plane... | Business Insider
- 8 things people get wrong about the French | Business Insider