These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Nomination Odds Hit Record High As Rubio Urges GOP Not To "Ignore The Will Of The People" | ZeroHedge
- NATO Deploys 4000 Troops To Russian Border As EUCOM Chief Urges "Return To War-Planning" | ZeroHedge
- Why China Is Really Dictating The Oil Supply Glut | ZeroHedge
- After Failed Halliburton Deal, Baker Hughes Unveils "Path For The Future" Including $2.5BN Stock, Bond Buyback | ZeroHedge
- "Debt Is The Cause, Not The Cure"- Why $19 Trillion In Debt 'Is' A Problem | ZeroHedge
- Schwab Is Forcing Cash Out Of Money Market Funds And Into Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A French journalist infiltrated a jihadist cell: 'I... | Business Insider
- A restaurant in San Diego makes incredible French toast doughnuts | Business Insider
- Starbucks is being sued for allegedly misleading millions of customers | Business Insider
- ISM manufacturing falls more than expected (USD, DXY) | Business Insider
- Wall Street's new favorite 'clubstaurant' is stupid and serves bad food,... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Michael Bloomberg called out colleges for making a ‘terrible mistake’ during his... | Business Insider