These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Sees A UK Recession, Shocked By A Fed "Tightening Cycle Unlike Any In Modern History" | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Fortunes Will Be Made & Lost When Capital Flees To Safety | ZeroHedge
- US Shale Producers Just Won Their Biggest Legal Case in Years | Financial Sense
- Historic, Mind Boggling Rise In Gold Open Interest Friday | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Omitted One Key Email From The State Department Review | ZeroHedge
- "Today Is The Appetizer For Monday" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WPP boss Sir Martin Sorrell on the... | Business Insider
- Walmart has a problem that's threatening profits — and it's driving... | Business Insider
- 5 ways to prevent work from ruining your vacation | Business Insider
- Former Trump adviser reveals who 'nobody is talking about' that you should 'keep... | Business Insider
- I spent a night in one of New York City's first... | Business Insider
- AOL's consumer brands boss Jimmy Maymann talks to us... | Business Insider
- Salesforce is way behind Oracle, Microsoft, and SAP in one... | Business Insider