These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cocaine Production Plummets After DEA Kicked Out Of Bolivia | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Strengthens Most Since March, China Unveils New Bailout Source After Rescue Fund Runs Out Of Fire-Power | ZeroHedge
- The Only Thing That Was Preventing A Rate Hike, Just Flashed A Rate Hike "Green Light" | ZeroHedge
- All Of Our Hopes & Dreams Come Down To 0.25% | ZeroHedge
- Remembering The Summer Of 1929 | ZeroHedge
- "Computer Glitch" Plaguing ETFs Is "Unrelated" To Monday's Flash Crash, BNY Swears | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Short Squeeze Since 2008 Bank Bailout And Epic VIX Rigging Sends Stocks Green For The Week | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Redskins are on the hook to pay Robert Griffin III $16 million... | Business Insider
- US decathlete Trey Hardee out of worlds with back injury | Business Insider
- IS detains dozens in Iraqi town after rare street protest... | Business Insider
- Stewart claims he didn't see man on track before... | Business Insider
- Extremists kill 28 in villages in northeastern Nigeria | Business Insider
- Orioles CF Jones in lineup a day after running into wall | Business Insider
- Dominican Republic braces for deadly tropical storm | Business Insider