These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Commercial Real Estate Is Next: 'Challenging Technicals' Are About To Become 'Weak Fundamentals' | ZeroHedge
- The Recognition Of China's NPLs Has Begun: A Chinese Bad Loan Is Trying To Find A U.S. Buyer | ZeroHedge
- Citi Explains The Most Surprising Thing About The Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- The Complete Idiot's Guide To Being Right About Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- The 8 Principles Of The Newer Normal | ZeroHedge
- The Volatility Regime Has Flipped | ZeroHedge
- Why NIRP (Negative Interest Rates) Will Fail Miserably | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Corporate America's profit nightmare isn't going anywhere | Business Insider
- After 133 years of construction, the Sagrada Familia... | Business Insider
- Here's what publishers are doing to keep up with... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump was trolled at rally by man standing behind him with bizarre '... | Business Insider
- The 8 types of intelligence that influence how successful you... | Business Insider
- The best business school for your money may surprise you | Business Insider