These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Beyond 28 Pages: The US - Saudi Relationship Starts To Fray | ZeroHedge
- "End of the Game" Near as Corporate Defaults Surge Across the Globe, Says Expert | Financial Sense
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- The Essence Of Trump's Appeal To The Flyover Zone: "We Are Not Winning Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
- 18-Year-Old German-Iranian Is Behind Munich "Shooting Rampage" Which Killed 10 Including Gunman | ZeroHedge
- The Market For Lemons, The Market For Bullshit, And The Great Cascading Credence Crash Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Credit cards are going the way of fax machines | Business Insider
- 'He is color-blind and gender-neutral': Ivanka aims to soften her father's image... | Business Insider
- 7 tricks to instantly appear competent | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- The ‘biggest turnaround story’ in emerging markets | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- Apple says that Pokémon Go was downloaded more times in its... | Business Insider