These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Next Black Swan Will Turn Into A Flock | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed At Risk Of Choking The Market? | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- "An Unusual Number Of Known Unknowns" - These Are The Key Event Risks In June | ZeroHedge
- Will We Never Learn? The Economic Lessons From Venezuela's Current Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Trickle-Down Crash? Trophy Assets Suddenly Tanking | ZeroHedge
- US Gold Market Infographic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to stop your iPhone from annoyingly texting 'ducking' | Business Insider
- A US soldier once requested artillery support from a payphone | Business Insider
- These are the worst shorts a man can wear | Business Insider
- Video shows gorilla and 4-year-old boy in enclosure before... | Business Insider
- The 'Garage Sale Millionaire' who made his fortune... | Business Insider
- How increasing digital media ad spend will shape advertising in the next few... | Business Insider
- When a major upcoming PlayStation 4 game got delayed, its maker got death... | Business Insider