These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JPMorgan Blows Up The Fed's "We Can 'Control' The Crash With Reverse Repo" Plan | ZeroHedge
- ... In Which SocGen Starts A Rumor That The Next QE Will Come From China | ZeroHedge
- "Planned Chaos" - Why Fiat Money Is "A Large-Scale Fraud System" | ZeroHedge
- Russell 2000 Slumps Into Red For 2014; Gold Best Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Bought Back More HCLP for $59.39 | iBankCoin.com
- Obama, The 'Fiddling' Optimist | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Reporter Hit By Shell In Gaza | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pentagon Considers Medal Of Honor For Soldier Who Singlehandedly Fought Off Dozens Of... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's An Easy Way To Avoid Paying ATM Fees Forever | Business Insider
- Google’s 'Security Princess' Leads A Team Of Hackers Paid To Think Like... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: WMB AA BIIB REGN CELG GILD UNUM | TheStreet.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 13 San Francisco Homes That Sold For Much More Than Their Asking Price | Business Insider