These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Shale Hedges Fail: The Downside Of Three-Ways | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues | Financial Sense
- Just One Question About Yesterday's Last Minute "Berserk ETF" Freak Out | ZeroHedge
- Judge Rules Obama's Abuse Of Executive Orders Is "Unconstitutional" | ZeroHedge
- Futures Continue Rising As Illiquid Market Anticipates More Volatility In Today's Quad-Witching | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Is About To Be Flooded With Record Oil Production Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- N.Korea behind Sony hack: FBI | Business Insider
- iPhone Sales Are Going Nuclear (AAPL) | Business Insider
- GEORGE CLOONEY: ‘We Cannot Be... | Business Insider
- Apple Is Now Shipping Most New iPhone Models In Just One Day (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Protesters Shut Down America's Largest Mall | Business Insider
- Here's The Full FBI Statement Calling Out... | Business Insider
- Sony And The White House Are Telling Different Versions Of The Same Story | Business Insider