These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Presenting De-Dollarization In One Simple Map | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Lives In The Past | ZeroHedge
- We’re Not Done Going Higher | iBankCoin.com
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
- Futures Fizzle After Greece "Hammered" In Riga, Varoufakis Accused Of Being "A Time-Waster, Gambler, Amateur" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: "Truth Is Washington's Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Dear CFTC... Here Is Today's Illegal S&P 500 "Spoofing" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands of people are furious about the introduction of paid 'Skyrim... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Russian hackers read Obama emails: report | Business Insider
- Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest | Business Insider
- There is a growing disconnect in the stock market (SPY) | Business Insider
- Russia just unveiled its top secret Armata battle tank | Business Insider
- This is what happens to your stock when someone sends a fake email saying the CEO has... | Business Insider