These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Carsonnochio Strikes Again - "Walks Back" Comments He Saw Muslims Cheering On 9/11 | ZeroHedge
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- Why Is The NY Attorney General Not Prosecuting The Real FX Spoofing Criminalgos | ZeroHedge
- Dare of the Day | Altucher Confidential
- A Year Of "Pain Trades" And Flash Crashes: 2015 Summarized In 10 Bullet Points | ZeroHedge
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business dining etiquette rules every professional... | Business Insider
- Sanders invokes MLK legacy as he aims for black support | Business Insider
- Trump says torture works, supports more aggressive methods... | Business Insider
- Like old times, Kentucky on top of men's AP poll again | Business Insider
- Endangered white rhino dies at San Diego Zoo | Business Insider
- Water bears are huge DNA thieves: study | Business Insider
- Why Pfizer's talking about breaking up on the same day it announced a... | Business Insider