These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- The Juice - News That Matters | ZeroHedge
- Trade Recap | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman "Proves" That "Good News Is Good For Equities, And Bad News Is Good For Equities" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross On The Alpha And The Beta | ZeroHedge
- "The Approximate Present Does Not Approximately Determine The Future" | ZeroHedge
- A Dollar-Yen Tale Told By An Idiot, Full Of Sound And Fury, Signifying Nothing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DEAR ABERCROMBIE CEO: The Kids Who Bullied Me Wore Your Clothing | Business Insider
- Qantas Commissioned Novels That Are The Exact Length Of Their Flight Times | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Beloved Night Spot Pink Elephant Is... | Business Insider
- 'Easy Money' Over for Bank of America Stock: KBW | TheStreet.com
- Jupiter, Venus, And Mercury Will Align In A Once-In-A-Decade Event | Business Insider
- Social Context Can Make You Seem Like A Genius Or A Dunce | Business Insider