These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- The Transformation Of Our Nation Into A Surveillance State Is Almost Complete | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 221: Tucker Max – The Top Five Things I Learned From Tucker Max | Altucher Confidential
- Equity Research Faces "Major Disruption" As Study Finds "Less Than 1%" Of Reports Are Actually Read | ZeroHedge
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Despite Dip-Buying Panic, The Dow Has Not Seen Longer Losing Streak Than This Since 1978 | ZeroHedge
- Questions Grow Over Devin Nunes' Mystery White House Visit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NCAA reportedly imposed a 48-hour ultimatum on North Carolina to repeal its 'bathroom law... | Business Insider
- Drake's new project 'More Life' just hit No. 1 and nabbed another record | Business Insider
- How Nike has been the ultimate authority on 'cool' for 40 years | Business Insider
- The best part of the new 'Legend of Zelda' is that it treats me like an adult and respects my... | Business Insider
- Aaron Sorkin just found out Hollywood has a diversity problem, and people are torching him | Business Insider
- Melissa McCarthy remembers her awkward first time acting in a movie: 'I felt like a nobody... | Business Insider
- The F-35 program has a new, unexpected enemy — the strong dollar | Business Insider