These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold and Silver Will Protect From Coming Financial Crash - Rickards | ZeroHedge
- Norway Buying $130 Billion In Global Equities As Sovereign Wealth Fund Continues To Bleed Cash | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Scramble For Gold In China Sends Premiums To 3 Year High | ZeroHedge
- Crisis Averted: China Calls Taiwan Phone Call A "Gimmick" As It Lodges Diplomatic Protest | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The "Tectonic Shift" In The Markets' Narrative | ZeroHedge
- "A Generation That Has Never Been Told 'No'" Daniel Hannan Destroys Anti-Trump Protestors' Safe Spaces | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Trumponomics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REPORT: Why the technology behind Bitcoin is seeing widespread investment and early... | Business Insider
- It’s not hard to see why Fitbit is phasing Pebble out | Business Insider
- Hundreds of US doctors signed a petition rebuking the American... | Business Insider
- Harness the power of the 'Ben Franklin Effect' to get someone to like you | Business Insider
- Gambia's president has conceded defeat in a shock election... | Business Insider
- Political leaders are ignoring the real threat to American workers | Business Insider
- Get a major discount on tons of great dress shirts — and more of the best... | Business Insider