These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dallas Fed Unchanged in November, Despite 11 Of 15 Components Declining | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks: When We Succeed, We Fail | ZeroHedge
- Fear Of "Surge In Debt Defaults, Business Failures And Job Losses" Means Many More Chinese Rate Cuts | ZeroHedge
- Grand Jury Decision Unlikely This Weekend As Private Security Move "Guns & Gold" Out Of Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- Forget Orwell And Rand, We’ve Gone To Full On Plato | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Central Bank Admits Gold Outflow, Calls It "Optimization Of Reserve Structure" | ZeroHedge
- Who’s Ready For $30 Oil? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It Looks Like Heads Are Going To Roll At Samsung | Business Insider
- St. Louis Financial Firms Are Preparing For Protests | Business Insider
- GUNDLACH: Tesla Could Change Society (TSLA, SCTY) | Business Insider
- The 13 Best Custom iPhones Money Can Buy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- It'll Be A Busy 4-Day Week For The Economy — Here's Your Complete... | Business Insider
- No One Expected Latin America To Slow Down Like This | Business Insider
- Early Facebook Executive On Mark Zuckerberg: 'It’s Obvious He’s Going To... | Business Insider