These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee At Cantor Fitzgerald Conference | ZeroHedge
- Government Shutdown Averted? Trump Punts On Border Wall, Will Wait Until September | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan: "Trump's Tax Plan Will Be Virtually Impossible To Pass Through Congress" | ZeroHedge
- The Passive Indexing Trap | ZeroHedge
- San Francisco Judge Blocks Trump's Sanctuary City Order | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Live In The Suburbs If Millennials Favor Cities? | ZeroHedge
- Does America Have A Technology Platform Monopoly Problem? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A stunning number of Americans no longer have cable TV | Business Insider
- Why the iPhone 8 could cost a lot more than a typical iPhone, in one... | Business Insider
- I could afford to pay down my mortgage faster — here's why I won't | Business Insider
- Exxon is starting a major project in the world's... | Business Insider
- Security firms are jockeying for position — and work —... | Business Insider
- Certain types of exercise help keep your mind sharp as you get older | Business Insider
- Oracle is building a 'transformational'... | Business Insider