These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
- This Seems To Be Going Well... | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Go Vertical, Just Because | ZeroHedge
- The Iraq Proxy War: Mapping Whose Troops Are Involved | ZeroHedge
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 | Financial Sense
- Keynes Was a Failure in Japan – No Need to Embrace Him in Europe | Financial Sense
- “I Want To Be Diversified, I Want To Own Some Gold” - Faber | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yahoo Wants To Scan User Emails To Figure Out... | Business Insider
- New York Gubernatorial Candidate Attacked For Being A Dolphins Fan | Business Insider
- How 3 Die-Hard Fans Convinced Coca-Cola To Bring Back Surge Soda | Business Insider
- NFL Star Adrian Peterson Accused In Another Abuse Incident | Business Insider
- 100 million people saved from hunger over last decade: UN... | Business Insider
- TUI Travel, TUI agree to form tourism leader: companies | Business Insider
- Check Out 10 Amazing Maker Inventions From The 2014 Intel Developer Forum... | Business Insider