These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LinkedIn Pumps'n'Dumps As Revenue Growth Rate Continues To Slow | ZeroHedge
- China Demonstrates "Sea Combat Ability" With Live Fire Drill Video | ZeroHedge
- "Western Central Banks Have Set Us Up; You'll Hear The Printing Presses From Mars" | ZeroHedge
- An Angry Paul Volcker Responds To Accusations He Caused The Bond Liquidity Crunch | ZeroHedge
- The Investment Legends Are Warning of a Systemic Event | ZeroHedge
- Record Foreign Central Bank Demand Leads To Blistering 5 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Does This Look Like An Accidental Relationship To You? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Incredible photos a son found of his father in Okinawa | Business Insider
- The new Apple TV is reportedly arriving in September (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 5 things one entrepreneur learned after being rejected... | Business Insider
- Japanese firm to mature whisky in space | Business Insider
- Court to Google: No, you can't charge... | Business Insider
- Royal Dutch Shell to cut 6,500 jobs on oil price slump | Business Insider
- The GM OnStar hack still isn't completely fixed | Business Insider