These stocks are hurting.
If these stocks are already in your portfolio, chances are you're having a bad trading year, because they are all 80% or more below their 52 week high.
The stocks in question are Diamond Foods (DMND) and Molycorp (MCP). If these stocks are not yet in your portfolio, they might be worth a look at these levels.
Diamond Foods (DMND)
Diamond Foods makes Salt & Vinegar almonds. Need I say more? If you haven't tried them yet, get to your local grocery store and get some, along with a six pack of your favorite adult beverage. You won't regret it.
Shares have gone down the crapper because an accounting snafu blew its chances to buy the Pringles snack-food division from Procter & Gamble.
DMND has a lot of short interest - currently 48%. Shares look like they could be carving out a bottom here, and short covering will send the stock higher at some point - assuming more bad news doesn't hit the press any time soon.
Over the past 12 months Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) shares have traded between $16.15 and its 52-week high of $96.13. Diamond Foods Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.3 and EPS of 2.22.
Molycorp, another stock that's way down this year, is down for a reason. It's diluting shares with $150m of common stock. Don't try and catch a falling knife here. However, this a good one to add to the radar and trade once the carnage stops.
Over the past 12 months Molycorp Inc (MCP) shares have traded between $11.22 and its 52-week high of $58.74. Molycorp Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 551.9 and EPS of -0.01.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- State Street: "Move Over Zero Hedge, There Is A New Bear In Town" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- Loss of FBI Reputation Irredeemable: James Comey Will Resign | ZeroHedge
- Wantrobski: We Are Nowhere Near a Major Market Top | Financial Sense
- Charlotte Police Release Dashcam, Body-Cam Footage Of Keith Scott's Death, Chief Says "Absolutely" Had A Gun | ZeroHedge
- "Eight Election Trades For November 8th" | ZeroHedge
- Trump-Clinton Debate Rules Leaked: 90 Minutes Straight, No Step-Stool, & No Coughing Breaks Allowed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the real reason your friend's 'gluten-free... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- NASA observed something unexpected in our atmosphere that it can... | Business Insider
- The 30 highest-paying jobs you can get with an associate degree | Business Insider
- The 20 best new TV shows this fall you need to watch | Business Insider
- Here's how coffee could save the US from another... | Business Insider
- The International Criminal Court will start... | Business Insider