Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The (Highly Speculative) Path to $10,000 Bitcoin | Financial Sense
- US Marines Land In Norway For The First Time Since World War II, Angering Russia | ZeroHedge
- Why The Stock Market Has Soared (And We'll All Soon Know What It's Like To Be A Madoff Client) | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Facebook Launches 'Fake News' Filtering Service Ahead Of German Elections | ZeroHedge
- "Mainstream Mediasaurus" | ZeroHedge
- Tucker Carlson Takes on DNC Chair Candidate Jehmu Greene and Humilitates Her | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much it actually costs SpaceX when one of its rockets... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Morgan Stanley beats! (MS) | Business Insider
- REPORT: Bernie Madoff dominates the hot chocolate market in... | Business Insider
- A top Russian security official says it's facing increased... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to interview for the CIA, from people who have done it | Business Insider
- Early champions of the most ubiquitous retirement plan in the US say it hasn't lived... | Business Insider