Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Artists' Road To Serfdom: The Commoditization Of Creative Content | ZeroHedge
- ECB Unleashes (Covered) Bond Buying Program, Sovereigns Sell Off | ZeroHedge
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- When Confidence Crumbles | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Near Stall Speed | Financial Sense
- Will Our Private Savings Be Sacrificed To Pay Down The Public Debt? | ZeroHedge
- In Uncharted Waters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TIM COOK: Here's What We Think Of The iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In San Francisco | Business Insider
- Here Are The Most And Least Trusted News Outlets In America... | Business Insider
- Federer, Nadal tackle two extremes in Basel | Business Insider
- 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Office Romance | Business Insider
- Here's A 10-Second Guide To What Traders Are Talking About Today | Business Insider
- Islamic State Militants Are Raking In $800 Million A... | Business Insider