Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- Present Shock And The Loss Of History And Context | ZeroHedge
- While We Sit Around All Day Wondering if This is The Top… | iBankCoin.com
- Let’s See if They Can Escape | iBankCoin.com
- Headed for Euphoria | Financial Sense
- Beware These Unseen “Friction” Costs!! | ZeroHedge
- NO TIME FOR LOOSERS [sic] | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israeli Bank Heist Gone Awry Takes Five Lives | Business Insider
- What You Wear to the Office Still Matters | TheStreet.com
- Google Clouds Amazon's Advantage | TheStreet.com
- The IRS Official At The Center Of The Scandal Will Plead The Fifth... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Jim Boeheim Says Carmelo Anthony Can't Win A Title With This Knicks Squad... | Business Insider
- Japan's Breathtaking 7% Plunge Is The Worst Since The Fukushima Disaster | Business Insider