Trading Alert: Volatility Hits a New Low
Heads up Masters, the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) hit a new 52-week low today. The VXX got down to $12.41 today, fear has calmed.
We've said it a million times and played this card on the VXX when it falls to a new bottom. Stocks could head up for a few trading sessions so the VXX could creep even lower. However before we all think everything is perfect a small position in the VXX may prove to be a worthwhile trade.
The VIX or 'Fear Index' is down 7% today and its taking the VXX along with it. Let's hope for all of our 401K's and IRA's the trend is less volatility for a few weeks. If we could only be so lucky.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- For Low Income Americans, All "Hope" Is Gone | ZeroHedge
- The December Jobs Number May Really Be The "Most Important Ever" | ZeroHedge
- Even The Rally In Large Caps Is Narrowing | ZeroHedge
- It Wasn't Us - Pentagon Shrugs At "Exaggerating, Sloppy, Uncaring" Russian Jet Shootdown | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian... | Business Insider
- Vast crowds expected for pope's first mass in Africa | Business Insider
- Google gets 348,085 'forget' requests in Europe | Business Insider
- Celtics rally to drop 76ers to 0-16 | Business Insider
- Brady says despite no matchup, he still respects Peyton | Business Insider
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel... | Business Insider
- No. 19 Vanderbilt cruises past Wake Forest 86-64 in Maui | Business Insider