Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit: Why The Wrong Question Is Being Asked | ZeroHedge
- What is a man to wear for this apocalypse? | ZeroHedge
- Should Europe Implement Universal Basic Income? | Financial Sense
- Gold Surges 15% To £968 Per Ounce – BREXIT Creates EU Contagion Risk | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: May Industrial Production Disappoints ... Again | Financial Sense
- Venezuela and the Disaster of De-Industrialization | Financial Sense
- "Our Views Coincide" - Putin Talks Up Russia's Alliance With China | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why chat apps are... | Business Insider
- A floating school in Nigeria has collapsed after getting... | Business Insider
- A neurosurgeon calls this basic fact about the brain 'too strange to understand... | Business Insider
- Looking at a smartphone temporarily blinded 2 people — here's how it... | Business Insider
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg: 'You can be the boss and still be terrified... | Business Insider
- Here's what magic mushrooms do to your body and mind | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert gets passionate about Democrats... | Business Insider