Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EU Ready To Restrict Passport-Free Travel, Austria To Close Border | ZeroHedge
- "Billions Lost" | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
- Little Flesh Wound for Oil Shorts, Feb. 12, 2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- MRS MaGoo... | ZeroHedge
- The Great Reset | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police fire tear gas at Greek farmers rallying against... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here's why Sanders is taking it easy on Clinton | Business Insider
- How to trick your brain into being productive when you... | Business Insider
- MILBANK: Jeb Bush is not dead | Business Insider
- It's possible gas falls below $1 per gallon | Business Insider
- TOM DEMARK: The stock market will bottom in the next 2 or 3 days (SPX, SPY) | Business Insider