Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Would Win World War 3? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Warships Came Within 12 Miles Of U.S. Coast | ZeroHedge
- "Good-Enough" Jobs Data Sparks Stock Slump As September Rate Hike Odds Jump | ZeroHedge
- Hyperinflation Cannot Be Prevented By Debt/Deflation | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Entrepreneurs, Make Way for Speculation! | ZeroHedge
- Heresy! China Won't Stick To IMF, World Bank Lending "Religion" With AIIB | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Pledge To Not Run As 3rd-Party Candidate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UNICEF: 40 percent school dropouts in Mideast conflict... | Business Insider
- New federal requirements on cellphone surveillance | Business Insider
- There are two different Europes right now — Germany and France | Business Insider
- No. 22 Wildcats' 42-32 win over UTSA comes with a cost | Business Insider
- McGraw-Hill Education files for $100M IPO | Business Insider
- Judge approves $415M settlement in Apple, Google wage case... | Business Insider
- Five Rutgers football players arrested on charges including home invasion and assault... | Business Insider