Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps The Nation | ZeroHedge
- As Calais "Jungle" Burns, Refugees Try To Storm Their Way Back In | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Battling Satan" - Venezuela's Desperate Opposition Tries To Sue Maduro For Creating A Dictatorship | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
- The Fed is Literally Broadcasting That It's Going to Let Inflation Run Wild | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- The Undercurrent of Currency Issues | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's industrial sector continues to turn a profit | Business Insider
- Hilton slashes its forecast for a key revenue metric (HLT) | Business Insider
- Trump to Stephanopoulos: 'You can tell your military expert that I... | Business Insider
- Some strange activity on the sun is supercharging the Northern Lights | Business Insider
- Production has soared in the world's opium capital | Business Insider
- Donald Trump: 'I agree' with Michael Moore | Business Insider
- The history of Donald Trump and NBC's love-hate relationship that... | Business Insider