Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Hiring A Grass Company Was The Best Decision I’ve Ever Made | iBankCoin.com
- It's Official: Fed Sees 0.0% GDP Growth In The First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are In an Epic Bubble Second Only to the 1999 Tech Bubble | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Secular Bull and Bear Markets | Financial Sense
- Gold In Fed Vault Drops Under 6,000 Tons For The First Time, After 10th Consecutive Month Of Redemptions | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Retail Investors Open Enough Brokerage Accounts In March For Every Man, Woman, and Child In LA | ZeroHedge
- "Wall Street Chief Economists" Explained For Dummies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pinterest says more guys are joining the site than ever. Here's what they're doing | Business Insider
- Why Russia suddenly wants to supply cheap gas to Ukraine | Business Insider
- This former Tatler journalist has made £... | Business Insider
- Golf insider describes the legendary round Tiger Woods played at his home... | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret built a huge threat to Lululemon in under 2 years | Business Insider
- European stocks are climbing after more positive news about the recovery | Business Insider
- How a prolific spammer built a 750,000-strong... | Business Insider