Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Superpower Conundrum - The Rise and Fall of Just About Everything | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why The Euro Is Finished | ZeroHedge
- FDIC Sounds Alarm On Insolvent, "Zero Hedged" Oil & Gas Producers | ZeroHedge
- Government Trolls Are Using "Psychology-Based Influence Techniques" On YouTube, Facebook And Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Cash On A Greek Bank Account? *Poof* It’s Gone! | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Daddies Are Paying Their Share Of The $1.3 Trillion Student Loan Balance | ZeroHedge
- The Real Bubble: Average M&A Multiple Hits 16x As First Half Volume Crosses Record $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- In under two days, Boko Haram kills nearly 170 in NE... | Business Insider
- The most fascinating analyst note we've read about China in weeks isn... | Business Insider
- Controversial multibillion-dollar health startup Theranos just got a huge seal of approval... | Business Insider
- 8 ways summer can turn deadly and ruin your July 4 | Business Insider
- Federer beats Groth to reach Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Greece is having NO effect on Europe's economy | Business Insider
- These are the 10 best airports in Asia | Business Insider