Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CSX Freight Train Derails In Washington D.C., 9 Cars Overturned, Hazardous Material Leaking | ZeroHedge
- Let's Stop Pretending Nuclear Power Is Commercially Viable | ZeroHedge
- China Takes Drastic Measures To Save The Regime | ZeroHedge
- What Are The Three Signs Of A "Disorderly" Currency Market: Richard Koo Explains | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- Still Looks Like A Trap | ZeroHedge
- Oil's Latest Casualty: Saudi Binladin Group Fires 50,000, A Quarter Of Its Workforce | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried 23andMe's new genetic test, and there’s so much you can learn about... | Business Insider
- 19 things you should never say on your first day at work | Business Insider
- Journalist freed from an Iranian prison addresses the White House... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The market is going to suck for the next 20 years, and you're going to have to double your... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump had a big under-the-radar win that puts the nomination within... | Business Insider
- Here's the insane diet The Mountain actor from 'Game of Thrones' is... | Business Insider