Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Coming Slump | ZeroHedge
- Quick Bounce Plays | iBankCoin.com
- July Payrolls: 209K, Below Estimate; Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.2%; Wage Growth Below Estimate | ZeroHedge
- BeYoND THe IRoN DoMe... | ZeroHedge
- Obama Sued: House Authorizes Lawsuit Against President With 225-201 Vote | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Yuan Surges & Stocks Jump To 2014 Highs After PBOC Unleashes QE | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble On Espirito Santo Loss, European Deflation, Argentina Default | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Commodities Traders Have Succumbed To Their 'Widowmaker Trade' | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The Gaza Cease-fire Is Already Crumbling Just... | Business Insider
- Alibaba Invests $120 Million In A Gaming Company That's Now Valued At $1 Billion | Business Insider
- The Company Behind One Of The Best Android Phones You Can Buy Is Now Making A... | Business Insider
- France's Largest Bank Posts Massive Loss After... | Business Insider