Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- How to Trigger a Silver Avalanche with a Pebble: : “Smash(ed) it Good” | ZeroHedge
- With 65% of ATMs Nonoperational, Goldman Warns India Is "Returning To Barter System" | ZeroHedge
- New OPEC Production Limits Yield Winners — But Will They Last? | Financial Sense
- Global Warm-Ongering: What Happens If Trump Takes US Out Of Paris Agreement? | ZeroHedge
- NBC's Fake News King Brian Williams Launches Crusade Against "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
- "Then We Will Fight In The Shade" - A Guide To Winning The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump’s connection with Vince McMahon and WWE spans decades | Business Insider
- 10 businesses you can start from a dorm room | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial partnerships intern | Business Insider
- Visiting a modern-day salon where people discuss Ben Franklin's ideas showed me how... | Business Insider
- STOCKS HIT ALL-TIME HIGHS: Here's what you need to know... | Business Insider
- This artist paints on her body to transform herself into trippy 2D comic... | Business Insider