Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Slams Broken Capitalism: "Policymakers Must Promote A Future Which Offers Hope As Opposed To Despair" | ZeroHedge
- Greece Slams EU Bailout-ers: "We Don't Want The $7 Billion, We Want To Rethink The Whole Program" | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Message, Simplified: Shortest FOMC Statement Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Chevron Slashes 23% Of PA Workforce As US Rig Count Collapses To June 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- December Durable Goods: A Major Disappointment | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon Stock Goes Buck Wild On Big Earnings Beat (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Here's how Jonah Peretti came up with the idea for HuffPo | Business Insider
- It turns out that Ford's new pickup truck... | Business Insider
- ALIBABA SALES MISS, SHARES ARE GETTING CRUSHED (BABA) | Business Insider
- Minnesota Timberwolves release welcome home video for Cavs game that... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Georgia's Most Recent Execution May Have Violated The US... | Business Insider