Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shadow Banking Assets Increase By $5 Trillion To Record $75 Trillion, 120% Of Global GDP | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 31 | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant On Complexity: The Hidden Cost Of Central Bank Actions | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 30 | ZeroHedge
- Bad Debt At China's - And The World's - Largest Bank Surges By Most Ever | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Decouple From Bonds, Ramp To Pre-FOMC Levels | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dow, S&P 500 soar to new records on Bank of Japan... | Business Insider
- LeBron James Says His Homecoming Is One Of The... | Business Insider
- Michigan's AD Has Resigned Which Is Going To Spark Rumors That Jim... | Business Insider
- It Would Take Bill Gates 218 Years To Spend All His Money | Business Insider
- Russia central bank hikes interest rate to 9.5% from 8.0%... | Business Insider
- Here's What Richard Branson Told Us About Virgin Galactic Just Last Month | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider