Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Davos Elite Eat $40 Hot Dogs While "Struggling For Answers", Cowering in "Silent Fear" | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Obama Moving Troops Into Poland, Provoking Russia Right Before The Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Launches 'Fake News' Filtering Service Ahead Of German Elections | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Is Concerned: "The S&P Has Surged 6% Since The Election But 2017 EPS Forecasts Haven't Budged" | ZeroHedge
- Professors Pledge To "Use Regular Class Time" To Protest Trump | ZeroHedge
- Indexing Lunacy | ZeroHedge
- Canadian Military's Second-In-Command Has Been Relieved Of Duty For Leaking Highly Classified Information | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Check out the flashy $2 billion stadium the... | Business Insider
- The last astronaut ever to set foot on the moon has died at 82 | Business Insider
- Canada's baby boomers are working more than ever before | Business Insider
- 9 things you can do today to be more productive tomorrow | Business Insider
- What the secretive R-rated Wolverine movie 'Logan' will actually be... | Business Insider
- 6 types of businesses you can start with almost no cash | Business Insider
- Inside New York’s most exclusive private car club featuring a fleet of $300,000... | Business Insider