Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- The Three Lives Of Alan Greenspan... And Why The Third Won't Redeem The Second | ZeroHedge
- 50 Rhino Poachers Shot Dead After India Unleashes "Zero Tolerance" Conservation Policy | ZeroHedge
- 'Rogue' Border Agents Resist Trump Orders, Continue Obama's 'Catch-And-Release' Policy | ZeroHedge
- Trump Administration Toughens Asylum Rules, Speeds Deportation Process | ZeroHedge
- There's Not Nearly Enough Growth To Keep Growing | ZeroHedge
- Snyder: "It's About Time We Had A President Willing To Go To War With Mainstream Media" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands of people share their knowledge online for free — and for many, it's... | Business Insider
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here's what it looks like | Business Insider
- Famous last words of 19 famous people | Business Insider
- How Wall Street psychologists and Tony Robbins inspired one... | Business Insider
- Here's why the US and Israel are such close allies | Business Insider
- A new German poll shows an unexpected challenge for Merkel | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's $10 billion airline investment reveals... | Business Insider