Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Are The Most Widely Held Stocks By Hedge Funds | ZeroHedge
- Legendary Investor Paul Tudor Jones Cuts Hedge Fund Fees As A Result Of Poor 2016 Performance | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Pre-Open Buying Panic In Stocks & Crude Extends As Euro Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- BlackLiesMatter - Activist Group Leader Arrested For Sex Trafficking, Blames "Conservative Trolls" | ZeroHedge
- "The Time Is Now" For Markets To Price In China's Next Slowdown, A Gloomy Morgan Stanley Warns | ZeroHedge
- Sweden's Holy War On Children's Books | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street stars keep leaving the industry, and it's becoming an expensive... | Business Insider
- There's a 'secondary conflict' brewing in northern Syria that 'could... | Business Insider
- 4 ways Elon Musk's proposed Hyperloop will change how we travel | Business Insider
- Greece just started clearing a makeshift migrant camp where... | Business Insider
- STEPHEN CURRY: Here's a look at the wonderful life of the best basketball player in... | Business Insider
- The oil industry's carnage might still seep into the rest of the... | Business Insider
- The sneaker resale market is worth a massive $1 billion and these... | Business Insider