Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P 500 "Most Overbought" Since Feb 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "People Are Talking About Helicopter Money And Debt Cancellation Being The End Game" | ZeroHedge
- On The Looming Wall Of Chinese Defaults, Restructuring Firm Warns "You Know It's Coming" | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Did The Tech Bubble Just Quietly Pop? | ZeroHedge
- JUDGEMENT DAY | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Retire in Toledo? 12 Surprising Places That Best Serve Older Americans | TheStreet.com
- Here's What It Will Feel Like To Ride The World's... | Business Insider
- Twitter Engineer Turned VC Mike Abbott: How To Get In On A Multi-Billion Market | Business Insider
- Giancarlo Stanton Nailed It When Asked About Making More In 1 Day Than Most... | Business Insider
- Nate Silver Has Projected The College Football Final Four And There Is One Big... | Business Insider
- Wawrinka gives Switzerland 1-0 lead in Davis Cup final | Business Insider
- Here's How Best Buy, Target Are Gaining Ground on Amazon | TheStreet.com