Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Economics of the Saudi's "take-the-money-and-run" Strategy | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Wikileaks Releases Hacked DNC Voicemails During Convention Speeches | ZeroHedge
- An Upside Down World | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Jumps Before Fed Rate Decision and Durable Goods Plunge | Financial Sense
- Manic Day Leaves S&P, Bonds, Gold, Crude, Dollar Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 177 – Ramit Sethi: What Happens When You Make $50,000 In One Month? | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This may be the end of the Swiss watch as we know it | Business Insider
- Islamic banking turns out to be less risky than conventional... | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse made a surprise profit | Business Insider
- Here's what Jack Dorsey said about selling Twitter (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Why ‘The Bachelorette’ is making an offensive mistake in its new season | Business Insider
- 10 weird ways your vote in the presidential election predicts how you act on a... | Business Insider
- Nintendo is preparing to ramp up its merchandising | Business Insider