Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Photo That Reveals Why US and EU Bankers Despise Russia's Putin So Much | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Mysterious Firm That Is About To Leave Blythe Masters Without A Job | ZeroHedge
- Chart Surfing | iBankCoin.com
- Profits Will Come, Ray | iBankCoin.com
- President Obama Explains How He Will Blow The Student Loan Bubble Even Bigger - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks to Consider Putting on Your Ship | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jon Stewart Completely Dismantles Putin's Lies About Russian Troops In Ukraine | Business Insider
- 50 Mouthwatering Pictures Of Street Food In Singapore | Business Insider
- 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell in March | TheStreet.com
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/07: (SWY) (... | StreetInsider.com
- Bitcoin Community Goes Into A Rage Over Newsweek Story | Business Insider
- Chinese Internet Giant Tencent Is Now Offering Health Insurance | Business Insider
- ECB DOES NOTHING, EURO RALLIES | Business Insider