Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rainy-Day Economics… | ZeroHedge
- iBC is Stronger Than Ever | iBankCoin.com
- Reversal | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Cost Of Mining Gold | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Another Episode In The History Of Failed Manipulations | ZeroHedge
- Brussels Puts Spain Under Surveillance | Financial Sense
- Careful Shorting the Precious Metals and Miners Here | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Clippers Fire Coach Vinny Del Negro After Crashing Out Of The Playoffs | Business Insider
- Sprint Boosts Clearwire Offer Amid Heated Takeover Battle | TheStreet.com
- REPORT: Steve Cohen Is Considering A Deal That Would Shut His Hedge Fund To Outside... | Business Insider
- Justin Bieber Gets Booed At The Billboard Music Awards | Business Insider
- Attorney Who OK'd AP Phone Taps Also Represented Firm That Allegedly Hacked... | Business Insider
- Sergio Garcia Has Now Made A 'Fried Chicken... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek