Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold, Silver, Copper, & Crude Are Soaring On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
- Austrian Economists Understand Why There Is A Commodity Glut | ZeroHedge
- Rising Police Aggression A Telling Indicator Of Our Societal Decline | ZeroHedge
- Cybersecurity Companies in the "Military-Internet Complex" | Financial Sense
- The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold | Financial Sense
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 specialty websites that let you book a luxury hotel room for cheap | Business Insider
- Key Jordan trade route cut after Syria border closure | Business Insider
- Here's what getting fired from their own... | Business Insider
- Honda's annual profit slumps 8.9% as recall costs soar | Business Insider
- Shake Shack shares are on an absolute tear (SHAK) | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider