Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Barry Diller: "If Trump Wins I'll Move Out Of The Country" | ZeroHedge
- Why Are You So Angry? | Financial Sense
- The Derivatives Market: Bets, Bookies, and Fraud | ZeroHedge
- How and Why Banks Will Seize Deposits During the Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Oct 6, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Someone Is Lying: Consumer Confidence Is Somehow Both "Highest" And "Lowest" For The Year | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Sells 3-Month Bills At 0% Yield For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here is who the presidential candidates follow on Twitter | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The full story of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is much more awesome than you... | Business Insider
- The local newspaper in Roseburg, Oregon, has been pro-gun for years | Business Insider
- For Volkswagen, costs of scandal will be piling up | Business Insider
- Boston-bound airline pilot dies; co-pilot lands safely | Business Insider
- Thousands of federal drug inmates set for early release | Business Insider