Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Transformation Of Our Nation Into A Surveillance State Is Almost Complete | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- How To Beat Warren Buffett Working Just 40 Days A Year | ZeroHedge
- NYC Retail Vacancies Soar Prompting Massive Rent Concessions | ZeroHedge
- Trump Son-In-Law Kushner To Testify On Russia Ties | ZeroHedge
- Will Tax Reform Fare Any Better Than Obamacare Reform? | Financial Sense
- David Einhorn's Presentation How GM Can Unlock Between $13 And $38 Billion In Value | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chrissy Teigen fires away at Fox News: 'Words cannot explain how much... | Business Insider
- The Texas criminal code still bans 'homosexual conduct,' even... | Business Insider
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin's wild... | Business Insider
- The 7 best scenes that Quentin Tarantino has ever directed | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Netanyahu vows to work with Trump on peace deal between Israel and Palestine | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek