Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DOE Announces Funding for Small Nuclear Reactors | Financial Sense
- The Top 10 Highlights Of "Proud" Bernanke Press Conference | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price - Value Versus Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- A Brazilian Christmas | iBankCoin.com
- Fight Over Greek Feta Blocks US-EU Trade Talks | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Tomorrow's Fed Announcement From A Game Theory Perspective | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bitcoin's Outlook In China Is Not Looking So Good Right Now | Business Insider
- 30-Car Pileup In Brooklyn Causes Minor Injuries | Business Insider
- I Spent A Month On Infidelity Dating Site Ashley Madison And Was Pleasantly... | Business Insider
- Here's The Secret Liberals Don't Want To Tell... | Business Insider
- Why Turkey's Tuesday Stock Market Meltdown Is A Much Bigger Deal Than You Think | Business Insider
- Samsung Could Have A Giant-Screen Tablet Show Up Next Month | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek