Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Perhaps Obama's "Lack Of Strategy Is A Glimmer Of Hope" | ZeroHedge
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- THE LOTTERY GAMES ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN | iBankCoin.com
- The Intersection Of Church And State - In One Chart And 44 Bubbles | ZeroHedge
- SKiLLeD LaBoR... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama Leaves For Europe Without Answering Questions... | Business Insider
- Serena, Pennetta set-up US Open quarter-final clash | Business Insider
- Second US reporter murdered as Iraq forces advance | Business Insider
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Greece close to emerging from recession | Business Insider
- iPhone 6 Case Makers Are Going All In On The Rumors (AAPL) | Business Insider