Cut & Paste with the VXX, again
The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) hit a new 12 month low today, touching $20.80 a share. That's almost 20 cents below its previous 52-week low of $20.97 a share.
Everyone has an opinion of why the VIX is so low, how much lower it can go, etc. The point is for you fellow traders to make a mental note and adjust your holdings per your own risk/reward ratio.
At this point in the game Mastery always shed a few shares and reduces positions. As you know, it's not money in the bank until you sell and have that cash in hand. The general consesus is the market is going to keep heading higher. We certainly hope so and subscribe to that bullish theory.
The CBOE’s Volatility Index, or VIX, recently fell 7.2% to 11.69, falling below 12 for the first time this year. The last time it hovered around current levels came in 2007. Mastery advises to not get caught with your pants down. Start watching the VXX and maybe pick up a few shares just for insurance should a bump come along.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Another Hedge Fund Bites The Dust: Trafigura Shuts Down Its Flagship Metals Fund | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Plummets To 48.7, Below Lowest Estimate | ZeroHedge
- EU Reaches Deal With Turkey, Will Pay €3 Billion To Stem Refugee Outflow But Not Everyone Wants To Pay Up | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Social & Cultural Distress Dividing The Nation | ZeroHedge
- "You Are Here"... And It Is A Scary Place | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- French Connection is popping | Business Insider
- Fathers' rights protesters climb onto Buckingham... | Business Insider
- The US has sanctioned one of Russia's weirdest politicians | Business Insider
- Wilson's 5 TDs lead Seattle past Pittsburgh 39-30 | Business Insider
- A New York VC firm that invested in The Huffington Post and Venmo just closed its... | Business Insider
- Dying network for reuniting Korea's divided families | Business Insider
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba | Business Insider