Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Never Been Richer - Investors Are Paying Historically High Multiples For Sales | ZeroHedge
- Trade With Japan Collapses: Exports Decline 7th Month, Imports Plunge Most Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- More Young Americans Live With Their Parents Than At Any Time Since The Great Depression | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Plunge in Online Job Postings Raises Red Flag | Financial Sense
- "The Fed Is About To Make A Massive Mistake" Saxobank's Jakobsen Warns | ZeroHedge
- How the US Dollar Influences Oil Prices | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Priyanka Chopra says she doesn't want to be a Bond Girl — she wants to be the next James... | Business Insider
- This massive multiplayer Bop It is a childhood dream come true | Business Insider
- Iranian military mastermind: 'Iran has triumphed in all arenas... | Business Insider
- 4 products you should never use if you’re worried about hair loss — and... | Business Insider
- Obama lifts weapons embargo on Vietnam amid... | Business Insider
- Abercrombie & Fitch is facing a terrifying reality about its most loyal... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider