Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Split Times at Mr. Market’s High | iBankCoin.com
- A Cup of Coffee with a Metal and Miner for Your Weekend Brunch | iBankCoin.com
- Social Security Versus CBO - Who Do You Trust? | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Charts For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Fans Needed To Go Through A Strange, Swanky Gallery To Watch The New... | Business Insider
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew Warns Tax Inversions Are Increasing At 'Breakneck Speed'... | Business Insider
- Baseball Hall Of Fame Makes A Huge Change That Will Screw Players Linked To... | Business Insider
- IDF: Here's What It Looks Like Inside A Hamas Tunnel | Business Insider