Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Leaked Soros Memo Exposes Obama's Secret TPP Negotiations; Hillary "Flip-Flopping" | ZeroHedge
- New Podesta Email Exposes Playbook For Rigging Polls Through "Oversamples" | ZeroHedge
- Risk Of "Mass Exodus" Of Doctors From Medicare Looms | ZeroHedge
- Life After 11/9 - Governing The Ungovernable | ZeroHedge
- Did AT&T Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- Loonie Soars After BOC's Poloz Says Fiscal Stimulus Has Eased Pressure For Lower Rates | ZeroHedge
- Did The White House Just Declare War On Russia? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung might be making the Galaxy Note 8 after all | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED CAR REPORT: Forecasts, competing technologies... | Business Insider
- FELDER: The probability of a market crash is... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Walmart is copying one of Costco's winning strategies — and it's... | Business Insider
- A 'Walking Dead' actor got his hair... | Business Insider
- PAL: There's 'something bad on the horizon,' and... | Business Insider