Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- University of Chicago Tells Millennials to Suck It Up, "We Do Not Condone 'Safe Spaces'" | ZeroHedge
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- US Urges Citizens In Afghanistan To Leave Country | ZeroHedge
- Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Warns Obamacare "Very Near Collapse" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Erases 'Iran Rumor' Rally Following Inventory Data As Angola Supply Soars | ZeroHedge
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- Wikileaks E-Mails Show Hillary Looked Into Parkinson's Drug After Suffering From "Decision Fatigue" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 worst movies of summer 2016 | Business Insider
- The YouTuber behind the 'African Drug Lord... | Business Insider
- Experts find evidence that excess body fat increases the risk of... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (spy, spx, qqq, dia, aapl, ko, pep) | Business Insider
- The 21 biggest stars of fall TV you need to know | Business Insider
- High-school athlete who doesn't even play basketball throws down one of the most vicious... | Business Insider
- THE US DIGITAL MEDIA AD REVENUE... | Business Insider