Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX Crashes To 13 Handle | ZeroHedge
- Open Letter to Alexis Tsipras | ZeroHedge
- Yield Curve Flashing Yellow | Financial Sense
- Stocks Melt-Up On Oil Bounce As JPY Carry Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Could Trump Win? | ZeroHedge
- 4 Mainstream Media Articles Mocking Gold That Should Make You Think | ZeroHedge
- Compromised Hedge Funder Joins BOE In Revolving Door Roundtrip | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOP governor sends bizarre, aggressive hand-written letter to constituent | Business Insider
- How the US military spends its billions | Business Insider
- Chelsea sell Filipe Luis back to Atletico | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Officials release video of Sandra Bland's bond hearing inside... | Business Insider
- Another senior Reddit employee has left the company | Business Insider