Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Stealing Of America By The Cops, The Courts, The Corporations And Congress | ZeroHedge
- I FOUND SOMETHING TO BUY | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Are Up - It's Tuesday Durr! | ZeroHedge
- Citi: "Asset Markets Are Ill-Prepared For Any Risk-Negative Shock" | ZeroHedge
- SSDD | ZeroHedge
- Is It 1999 All Over Again? | Financial Sense
- Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Murdoch Not Likely To Raise Time Warner Bid Immediately, Source Says | Business Insider
- Banana Republic Thinks 'Startup Guys' Dress Like This | Business Insider
- How Will Gilead Sciences Stock Be Affected by Solvadi Hepatitis C Finding? | TheStreet.com
- Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison Hosted A Celebrity-Packed... | Business Insider
- 6 Money Lessons You Should Have Learned Before College | Business Insider
- WHITE HOUSE: Obamacare Actually Won In Federal Court Today | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com