Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philly Fed Hovers Near 15-Month Lows, Prices Paid Collapse Most Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Democracy Under Fire: Troika Looks To Force Greek Political "Reshuffle" | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Accidentally E-mails Top-Secret Brexit Plan To Newspaper | ZeroHedge
- Long the Fat Man | iBankCoin.com
- California Governor Declares State Of Emergency As Santa Barbara Oil Spill Worsens Dramatically | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street R.I.P. - The Bubble Is Dying At The Zero Bound | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Britain is abandoning cash | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Record gap' between rich and poor | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (EBAY, AAPL, CRM, CSCO) | Business Insider
- The 17 hottest tech startups in Germany | Business Insider
- Manufacturing activity slows in May | Business Insider
- 14 gorgeous photos of beaches in Croatia | Business Insider