Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Clinton Reveals Her Plan To "Prevent The Next Crash" In Bloomberg Op-Ed | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Is Now The Most Expensive Country In The World | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Sues PIMCO "Cabal" Over Ouster, Seeks "Hundreds Of Millions", Blames El-Erian | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Completes Weekly Auction Trio With Solid Demand For 30 Year Paper | ZeroHedge
- This Is How The IMF "Predicted" China's Slowdown | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Becomes Self-Aware: Lockhart "Understands" Why People May Be "Skeptical" Of The Fed | ZeroHedge
- When The Aristocracy Leaves The Commoners In The Dust, The Empire Is Doomed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (GOOG, GOOGL,... | Business Insider
- Hamburgers might be on the menu for Russian astronauts | Business Insider
- GOP in tumult after McCarthy's withdrawal from... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Nobel Peace Prize to be announced in Oslo | Business Insider
- FIFA's Blatter appeals suspension: report | Business Insider
- Guillermo del Toro infuses new haunted house... | Business Insider
- Nick Jonas, Rick Ross, Meek Mill added to Tidal concert | Business Insider