Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Echoes June 2012 FOMC As Dow Swings Most Since Oct 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Brazen Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- CHESS MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Thought On Fanboys | iBankCoin.com
- Watchlist Update | iBankCoin.com
- Drones Are Used For Domestic Surveillance, FBI Director Admits | ZeroHedge
- PRePaRe FoR FOMC... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Even Hugely Successful Sites Have So Much Trouble Making Money | Business Insider
- Why Mobile Payments Are Poised For Takeoff | Business Insider
- BILL GROSS: Ben Bernanke Is Deathly Afraid Of Deflation | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The World's Last Telegram Ever Will Be Sent From India | Business Insider
- Facebook Outage On Tuesday Causes Frenzy On Twitter (FB) | Business Insider
- Investors Gave A Simple Drawing App $15 Million Because They Think It Will... | Business Insider