Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISM Non-Manufacturing: Continued Growth at a Slower Rate | Financial Sense
- 4 Charts Show Why This Rally May Become A Rout! | ZeroHedge
- Heresy! China Won't Stick To IMF, World Bank Lending "Religion" With AIIB | ZeroHedge
- China Stocks Fail To Close Green Ahead Of National Holiday Despite Constant Intervention, US Futures Rebound | ZeroHedge
- ECB Keeps Rates Unchanged, Focus Turns To Draghi Press Conference | ZeroHedge
- For The Average American, A Modest 10% Correction Is Now A "Market Crash" | ZeroHedge
- As China Parks Its Ships Next To Alaska, Here's Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US judge overturns NFL star Tom Brady's '... | Business Insider
- This 'Cat Street View' interactive map lets you see the world through a cat... | Business Insider
- Why this startup wants employees to remix Taylor Swift, do one-armed push-ups, or play '... | Business Insider
- Tesla to produce 'economical' Model 3 in two years | Business Insider
- The US government is not spending enough on cybersecurity | Business Insider
- No. 22 Wildcats' 42-32 win over UTSA comes with a cost | Business Insider
- Massa and Bottas to pair for 3rd straight year at Williams... | Business Insider