Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Beware The Balanced Portfolio | ZeroHedge
- What The Chinese Really Think Of The Shanghai Smog | ZeroHedge
- DAN the Man and Other Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Five Sweet Stocks While the Market is Melting | iBankCoin.com
- CHESS MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- Introducing the Knightscope K5 Security Robot, Effective Cost $6.25 per Hour | Financial Sense
- Citi Unveils The 12 Charts Of Christmas | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Advice for GM's CEO Mary Barra | TheStreet.com
- Boeing, Other Defense Contractors Win in the Budget Deal | TheStreet.com
- 12 Fast-Growing, High-Paying Jobs In 2014 | Business Insider
- There's No Way Apple Can Be This Desperate | TheStreet.com
- Why Afghanistan Is Such A Mess, In Two Unanswered Questions... | Business Insider
- YouTube Has Influenced Purchase Decisions Among More... | Business Insider
- Unprecedented Ruling Forces Former Morgan Stanley Banker... | Business Insider