Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Are The Warships Attacking Syrian Militants From Afar | ZeroHedge
- Despite Late-Day Buying Panic, Stocks Close Red | ZeroHedge
- Unusual Activity Surveillance | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Ron Paul Explains Why The "Scottish Referendum Gives Reasons To Be Hopeful" | ZeroHedge
- China Housing Bubble Bursts: Q3 Land Sales Crater 50% | ZeroHedge
- The Ebola Triumverate | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Day 2 Hong Kong Protests Are Unbelievably Huge | Business Insider
- The US Has Its First Case Of Ebola — Here's Why You Shouldn't Panic | Business Insider
- Nadal returns in style, Djokovic wins in China | Business Insider
- Hong Kong protests hit China's National Day: Live Report... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (ORCL, MSFT, EBAY) | Business Insider
- These Two Charts Show Why The Economic Crisis Is Far From Over | Business Insider
- Chevron, Exxon Top All-Time List of Worst Greenhouse Gas Producers | TheStreet.com