Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hey, REITs: Step Into My Office | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Slide As Gartman Goes "Long Of One Unit Of The US Equity Market:" | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba Open Indication Puts Its Market Cap Greater Than Facebook, Verizon, JPMorgan, Just Under Wal-Mart | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- THe ALiBaBa IPO PaRaDiGM... | ZeroHedge
- Lurking Beneath The Taper: More Trouble In Repo Land | ZeroHedge
- 44,107,000 Reasons Why NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Has "Not Considered Resigning" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Federal Prosecutors Have Found No Evidence Christie... | Business Insider
- Philly Fed Employment Index Highest Since May 2011 (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- SCOTLAND VOTED 'NO' ON INDEPENDENCE | Business Insider
- Chinese Internet Company Jumps 89% After Mentioning Alibaba In Press Release (BABA... | Business Insider
- Shells leave Ukraine's coal miners digging for survival... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 17 Of The Most Shocking PETA Ads | Business Insider