Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Swap Spreads Are Suddenly Blowing Out And Why This Is Good For Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- Is Being Unemployed Just "Bad Luck"? (Spoiler Alert: Don't Be Stupid!) | ZeroHedge
- "Hope" Fades As Consumer Confidence Ignores Stock Market Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- FishLivesMatter: California To Decide If Saving 'Delta Smelt' Is Worth $65 Billion Of Taxpayer Money | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason The "Rich Get Richer" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slide After Japan's "Helicopter Money" Plan Leaks, Underwhelms | ZeroHedge
- Brazil’s Top Newspaper Caught Manipulating Poll Data In Favor Of New President | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 incredible women you've never heard of who changed science forever... | Business Insider
- What to ask for when your boss just won't give you... | Business Insider
- 8 psychological reasons someone might fall in love with you | Business Insider
- The failed Turkish coup is raising concerns about US tactical nukes stationed... | Business Insider
- Insiders explain the identity crisis that led to Yahoo's demise | Business Insider
- The first teaser trailer for 'Justice League' looks... | Business Insider
- 25 books that will make you a more well-rounded person | Business Insider