Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Was Right: Top NATO General Concedes Alliance Is "Obsolete" | ZeroHedge
- EUR Plunges After Draghi Highlights "Downside Risks", Downplays Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Mallinckrodt Halted, Limit Down After Shkreli Turns Whistleblower | ZeroHedge
- Gun Owners Vs. Social Justice Warriors | ZeroHedge
- Biden Blasts Trump-Putin Plan "To Collapse The Liberal International Order" | ZeroHedge
- Will 'Dull Draghi' Talk Up Downside Risks? - ECB Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Oil Unsure As Huge Gasoline Inventory Build Offsets Crude Draw | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The biggest MINI just got even more powerful | Business Insider
- Before-and-after photos show how dramatically presidents have aged while in office... | Business Insider
- Trump reveals his campaign slogan for 2020 | Business Insider
- This app leverages your Fitbit to tell you if you’re actually getting... | Business Insider
- A South Korean court has rejected a request to arrest the head of Samsung | Business Insider
- Trump is about to learn the same lesson as... | Business Insider
- The hilarious scene that didn't make it into 'Deadpool' but... | Business Insider