Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Vote Bribery Scandal Brings Goldman's "Worst Case" Scenario Closer | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Decoupled Stocks From Oil, BofA Warns It Won't Last | ZeroHedge
- Comstock Suspends Drilling In Eagle Ford Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Russia Busts "Gold-Selling" Rumors, Reports It Bought Another 600,000 Ounces Taking Gold Holdings To New Record High | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Calculating The Breakeven Price For The Median Bakken Shale Well | ZeroHedge
- Last Minute Fizzle Fails To Dent Best 3-Day Stock Surge In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Baltic Dry Index Has Never Crashed This Fast Post-Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Android Had A Monster Year And It's Time To Stop... | Business Insider
- Here Comes The Baker Hughes Rig Count ... (BHI, USO) | Business Insider
- Red Hat Chief Jim Whitehurst: Open Source Is Spurring Innovation | TheStreet.com
- 'The Interview' Movie Posters Are Going For Over $500 Online | Business Insider
- Asian markets extend gains after Fed statement | Business Insider
- The Best Men's Watches To Give At Every Price Point | Business Insider
- These Are The 14 Startups You Should Watch In 2015 | Business Insider