Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EU's Highest Court Upholds Sanctions Against Russia's Rosneft | ZeroHedge
- Why US Home Prices May Get More Expensive This Year | Financial Sense
- Bad Brexit Deal Better Than No Deal? Mathematical Idiocy! | ZeroHedge
- Westinghouse Bankruptcy Puts Fate Of Four U.S. Nuclear Reactors In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- NeW WoRLD ODouR... | ZeroHedge
- Police Union Warns Trump That Forcing 'Sanctuary Cities' To Obey Laws Could "Risk Public Safety" | ZeroHedge
- You Will Never Hear These Truths Discussed In The Mainstream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some of the biggest hedge funds are closing — here's what it takes to launch one today | Business Insider
- A new drug to treat ovarian cancer just got approved (... | Business Insider
- 'What I do depends on how things play out': Mark Cuban on Trump, his 2020... | Business Insider
- 'A flagrant example of what I call edited fake news':... | Business Insider
- The 21 most believable rumors about Samsung's Galaxy S8, one of... | Business Insider
- Former State Department official: Evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia... | Business Insider
- The world's top 13 fashion brands are worth $175 billion combined | Business Insider