Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- FBI Investigating More Dead People Voting In The Key Swing State Of Virginia | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Sheet: The Third Party Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Liquidity Deutsche Bank Has At This Moment, And What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: FBI Director Comey Takes Stand Again To Answer For "Handing Out Immunity Agreements Like Candy" | ZeroHedge
- Euro “Might Start To Unravel” If Collapse Of Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities For Rising Home Prices | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Banks like to talk about blockchain, but none wants to be the first to actually use it | Business Insider
- A huge hedge fund just settled bribery charges with the feds for $200... | Business Insider
- 7 money moves to make now that will pay off later | Business Insider
- My company implemented a 5-hour workday... | Business Insider
- The Cavaliers suddenly have a point guard problem,... | Business Insider
- Watch what happens when a tarantula meets its worst predator — a... | Business Insider
- Millionaire entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel says money doesn... | Business Insider