Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eluding the Illusion | iBankCoin.com
- Back-Rank Checkmate Potential | iBankCoin.com
- New York Fed's Conference Evokes Violent Thoughts Against Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
- Don’t Let Them High Pressure You | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Important that You Retain This Information | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Countries Where Expats Can Live For Cheap | Business Insider
- Texas nurse Nina Pham cured of Ebola | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Look to End the Week Higher After Flurry of Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Liverpool manager warns Reds to plug leaky defence | Business Insider
- SODASTREAM EXPLODES (SODA, PEP) | Business Insider
- 'John Wick' Is Keanu Reeves' Best Movie Since 'The Matrix' | Business Insider