Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How A Secretive Elite Created The EU To Build A World Government | ZeroHedge
- Turkey's Trump Card: Erdogan Can Cut Russia's Syrian Supply Line By Closing Bosphorus | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Rages At The "Arrogance, Hubris, & Stupidity" Of The US Government | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: A Hybrid War To Break The Balkans? | ZeroHedge
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest: High security as leaders meet for climate... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Gunman in custody after attack at Planned Parenthood... | Business Insider
- Tumbling zinc prices hit corner of rural Ireland | Business Insider
- Thousands cheer Trump at raucous rally in Florida | Business Insider
- This gay insurance worker is leading the fight to make... | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' mid-season finale recreates a huge scene from the... | Business Insider