Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Fade Entire Overnight Rally | ZeroHedge
- "Saudi's Policy Of Downplaying Oil Prices Will Backfire On Them" | ZeroHedge
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- Latest Central Bank Sticksave Halts Futures Slide, Sends E-Mini Soaring After ECB Said "Looking To Buy Bonds" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 20 | ZeroHedge
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- KRUGMAN: Amazon Is Abusing Its Power And Hurting America | Business Insider
- Here's What 'Terminator' Gets Wrong About AI | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: 'It's No Longer Up For Debate Whether We... | Business Insider
- This Chinese All-Glass Dining Room Dangles 60 Feet In The Air Suspended By A... | Business Insider
- France, Germany pledge action to boost investment, growth... | Business Insider
- Fab CEO Reveals The Site Was Burning Through $14 Million Before Massive Layoffs... | Business Insider
- These Two Maps Explain ISIS's Chokehold Over Iraq | Business Insider