Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" | ZeroHedge
- A Tidal Wave of Gold Repatriations Could be Unleashed | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- nOPEC | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- The REAL Looting Is Happening On Wall Street … Not In Ferguson | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Microsoft Accidentally Announced That It's Acquiring... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- American Air's Envoy: 'An Airline That Is Coming Apart' | TheStreet.com
- Here Are The Strange Criteria That Matter At 'The National Dog Show... | Business Insider
- 13 Bizarre Sleeping Habits Of Super Successful People | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Consumers Ready To Upgrade Want An... | Business Insider