Vringo is up 75 percent in the last 5 days
Yes, Santa has come early for Vringo Shareholders.
Vringo shares are up so much because the judge overseeing the company's legal battle with Google denied Google's request for a summary judgment yesterday.
This means, either the Patent lawsuit goes to Trial on October 15th, or Google settles before then. Mastery thinks it's going to be the latter.
The potential damages are in the high hundreds of millions to low billions (documents suggest $700MM but this assumes no penalty for willful infringement, which could triple damages).
Mastery Bottom Line:
Pure speculation play here with VRNG, proceed with caution. If they get a good settlement, shares could double or triple from here. If not, shares are going very low.
However, back in August VRNG also snatched up a bundle of 500 patents and applications from the Finnish phone maker Nokia, including 109 issued US Patents. These may prove to be a boon for VRNG as well.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BRICS Consider Creating IMF-Alternative As US Loses Credibility | ZeroHedge
- ROFL NATO! | ZeroHedge
- Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Head Of Saudi Intelligence, Has Been Sacked | ZeroHedge
- Putin Tells Merkel "Ukraine On The Verge Of A Civil War" As Germany Agrees To Re-Sell Russian Gas To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed Fabricating Loan Creation Data? | ZeroHedge
- Smoking a Ton of Cashish Into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- Update on Precious Metals and Miners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Massive Private Island In The Bahamas — Once Listed For $55 Million —... | Business Insider
- Brad Pitt To Star As Gen. Stan McChrystal In Film About Army Officer's Infamous Downfall | Business Insider
- How A $1 Billion Company You've Never Heard Of Bought A Big Chunk Of Motorola For $3.45... | Business Insider
- Donald Rumsfeld Says He Has 'Absolutely No Idea'... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley Earnings And Revenue Beats Expectations (MS) | Business Insider
- These Beautiful Maps Show You How Close Your Next Cup Of Coffee Can Be | Business Insider
- NYC Health Commissioner On Measles Outbreak: 'We Must Continue To Remain Vigilant... | Business Insider