Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Crude Rally Has Fizzled - Part 3 (Of 3) | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Inspector General Launches Investigation Of Michael Flynn | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Continue To Surge Sparking Fears Of Bubble 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- WikiLeaks Reveals The "Snowden Stopper": CIA Tool To Track Whistleblowers | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Throws In The Towel: Cuts Final Q1 GDP Forecast To Just 0.2% | ZeroHedge
- Bernanke 'Terrifies' Stock Investors, Again | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Inflows Into European Stocks Since 2015, Just As The Economic Pullback Begins | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much money players lose when they fall in the NFL Draft | Business Insider
- This 'experimental' web browser doesn’t look like... | Business Insider
- THE IoT 101 REPORT: Your essential guide to the... | Business Insider
- Congressman says North Korea could smuggle a nuke into the US in a bale... | Business Insider
- Here's what analysts have to say about Amazon's explosive quarter (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The director of 'The Circle' explains why the movie makes huge changes... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: I'm 'disappointed' in how Republicans have... | Business Insider