Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turning Points | Financial Sense
- McDonalds Misses Revenue, Earnings Estimates: Blames Weather | ZeroHedge
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- All About Silver & Gold | iBankCoin.com
- Traders Walk In On Another Sleepy Session In Search Of Its Volumeless Levitation Catalyst | ZeroHedge
- A Precious Metals Bull Makes His Last Stand | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: Apple's Payment Plans — Square... | Business Insider
- WhatsApp Is Now Being Used By Half A Billion People Around The World | Business Insider
- Meet The 5 Biggest Airbnb Hosts Being Targeted By New York's Top... | Business Insider
- 13 Signs You Have What It Takes To Be A Successful Entrepreneur | Business Insider
- One More Reason To Love The Earth — Going Outside Will Actually Make You Healthier | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER: Fan TV Comes To TWC — More On... | Business Insider
- Portugal Makes Its Triumphant Return | Business Insider