Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "This Time May Be Different": Desperate Central Banks Set To Dust Off Asia Crisis Playbook, Goldman Warns | ZeroHedge
- 13 Things Wayne Dyer Personally Taught Me | Altucher Confidential
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
- Fed's Lacker Says "Strong Case For Rate Hike... August Jobs Data Won't Change Decision" | ZeroHedge
- Hyperinflation Cannot Be Prevented By Debt/Deflation | ZeroHedge
- Bridgewater's 'All-Weather' Fund Goes Negative For 2015 After Risk-Parity's Worst Quarter Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- The QE End-Game Decision Tree: Not "If" But "When" Central Banks Lose Control | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this startup wants employees to remix Taylor Swift, do one-armed push-ups, or play '... | Business Insider
- EURO SINKS, STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, TWTR) | Business Insider
- New Ferguson report offers lessons on handling protests | Business Insider
- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change | Business Insider
- McCartney, Bon Jovi, Fergie join for climate change song | Business Insider
- Massa and Bottas to pair for 3rd straight year at Williams... | Business Insider
- Here's how Tom Brady — one of the NFL's richest... | Business Insider