Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Walking the Narrow Line | iBankCoin.com
- The Last Time Traders Were This Short 2Y Notes, Rates Collapsed | ZeroHedge
- The Plunge Protection Team Is Opening An HFT-Focused Chicago Office | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's "21st Century Socialism": Food Lines For The People, New Cars For The Military | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Head-Fake: The Illusion that Lower Oil Prices Are Positive | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- REVERSAL! | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How China's State Media Is Talking About The Protests In Hong Kong... | Business Insider
- Why People Are Leaving Facebook For Ello | Business Insider
- The 25 Coolest New Businesses In Brooklyn | Business Insider
- The Incredible Life Of Bill Gates, Who Is Still America's Richest Man | Business Insider
- Britain Is Not At All Sure It Likes The New 'Green' Coke Flavor (KO) | Business Insider
- I Walked Into An Apple Store And Was... | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Off Session Lows but Still Lacking Momentum | TheStreet.com