Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IT HAS COME TO PASS | iBankCoin.com
- Caption Contest: "So Bullish It Hurts" Edition | ZeroHedge
- First Sell-Side Responses To FOMC Trickle In: "This Should Be A Risk Off Trade" | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Warns: Fed's "Vote Of Confidence In US Economy" Means Mid-2015 Rate Hike Possibility | ZeroHedge
- Why Every Banker On Wall Street Suddenly Wants To Be Jefferies' Managing Director Sage Kelly | ZeroHedge
- Greenspan: Price of Gold Will Rise | Financial Sense
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- San Francisco Giants win baseball World Series | Business Insider
- NYC Subway Named The Safest In The World For Women | Business Insider
- This Chart Shows How The US Military Is... | Business Insider
- Playoff Committee Chairman Explains Why Notre Dame Is Ranked So Low | Business Insider
- America's Path To Energy Independence In One Chart | Business Insider
- There It Goes Again — Russian Ruble Falls To New Record Lows | Business Insider
- Secular Nidaa Tounes party beats Islamists in Tunisia... | Business Insider