Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
- "I'm Not Stupid" Monsanto Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Weedkiller After Proclaiming "It Won't Hurt You" | ZeroHedge
- California Democrat Predicts Surge In Hookers, Blames "Global Warming" | ZeroHedge
- Middle East Geopolitical Relationships Simplified | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Tiger Riding Dilemma Keeps Interest Rates Near Zero | Financial Sense
- You Have Been Forewarned | Financial Sense
- Japanese Government Bonds Are Crashing - Biggest Surge in Yields In 2 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Chinese tech company is looking to create buzz around its new phone by...comparing... | Business Insider
- Watch Jon Stewart ridicule Florida and California's incompetent... | Business Insider
- This psychological trick tempts you to spend more money | Business Insider
- These two charts show how the... | Business Insider
- An anonymous administration... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Qaeda, allies seize Syria's Idlib city in blow to regime... | Business Insider