Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PRECIOUS METALS INVESTOR: Must See Important Charts & Data | ZeroHedge
- US-Created System In Iraq Is Collapsing: Protesters Storm Parliament, State of Emergency Declared - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- CSX Freight Train Derails In Washington D.C., 9 Cars Overturned, Hazardous Material Leaking | ZeroHedge
- MaY DaY MaY DaY MaY DaY…2016 | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Fly Near Our Borders" - U.S. Spy Plane Again Intercepted By Russian Jet | ZeroHedge
- Russia And Saudi Arabia Locked In Relentless Fight Over China's Oil Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pro-Trump bikers and truckers are... | Business Insider
- Hungry rivals are eating into the Apple Watch business (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 'The Jungle Book' continues its dominance at the box... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk makes some strange financial decisions | Business Insider
- Laremy Tunsil — the NFL prospect who was... | Business Insider
- Here's the insane diet The Mountain actor from 'Game of Thrones' is... | Business Insider
- This is what a Google executive creative director... | Business Insider