Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Leads The Way Today | iBankCoin.com
- How Badly Did Hedge Funds Underperform In February | ZeroHedge
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- Greek Pensioners To Fund Ukraine's Government: Syriza Will Tap Pension Funds To Pay IMF | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Uneven Housing Recovery in Pictures | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BlackBerry leaps back into the full touchscreen market | Business Insider
- PayPal is going to buy the startup behind Wal-Mart's Apple Pay competitor... | Business Insider
- Negative interest rates could crush European bank profits — just... | Business Insider
- Argentina's president just gave her most delusional... | Business Insider
- A Florida couple recorded their vows into the Bitcoin blockchain in the first '... | Business Insider
- This map shows the home country for every Nasdaq member | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 3/3: (C) (DATE) (SNN) | StreetInsider.com