Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trannies Up Over 10% From Bullard Lows, Shorts Squeezed Most In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Futures Bounce On Stronger Europe Headline PMIs Despite Markit's Warning Of "Darker Picture" In "Anaemic" Internals | ZeroHedge
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Warns Of Risk Of Major Conflict, Says Dollar Losing Reserve Currency Status | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Shrug Off Ebola, Surge Most Since 2011, Still A Red October | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is Buying Carl Icahn's "High Yield Bond Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- British police pay £425,000 to mother of spy's child | Business Insider
- Microsoft Surface More Than Doubled In Revenue To $908 Million, And It's Sorta... | Business Insider
- 4 Countries Where Expats Can Live For Cheap | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: Women In America Are Owed Money | Business Insider
- A Google Exec Just Beat The World Record For Highest-Altitude Jump From... | Business Insider
- What Gets You Excited About Buying A Car? Please Take Our Short Survey | Business Insider
- US Military Responds To New Allegations Of Civilian Deaths From... | Business Insider