Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Debt Ceiling Is Back | ZeroHedge
- HOW TO QUIT YOUR JOB | Altucher Confidential
- Spot The Odd Continent Out: Total Bank Assets As % Of GDP | ZeroHedge
- The S&P 500 Is Now A Gambler's Paradise With 76.9% Up Days In May So Far | ZeroHedge
- The Week That Was: May 13th- May 17th 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Dax Future Triggers Stops, Goes Parablic, Launching Late Day Megaramp | ZeroHedge
- Leading Employment Indicators Suggest Higher Highs Into the Fall | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rail Traffic Continues To Soften | Business Insider
- The New York City Coast Guard Works Harder Every Night Than You Do All Week [... | Business Insider
- Satellite Images Show The Utter Precision Of Israel's Airstrike On Damascus... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 05/... | StreetInsider.com
- Congressman Goes On Berating Rant At Ousted IRS Commissioner And Gets A... | Business Insider
- 19 Obvious Reasons Why 'Star Wars' Is Better Than 'Star... | Business Insider
- The Astros Lost A Game In Maybe The Worst Way Possible | Business Insider