Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- But, Stocks Are Cheap... Right? | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- What’s the true risk for the Global Economy? | ZeroHedge
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Equity Futures Open Higher, Retrace 50% Of Losses On USDJPY Kneejerk | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: Here's A Snapshot Of Apple's Monster... | Business Insider
- Apple Just Released Its New iOS 8.1 Update, Which Brings Apple Pay To Your iPhone 6 (... | Business Insider
- Blind's late leveller rescues draw for United | Business Insider
- How To Get An Hour Of Ad-Free Music On Pandora For $0 | Business Insider
- China's Only Air Craft Carrier Is Having Some Technical Difficulties | Business Insider
- India suspends future tours to West Indies | Business Insider
- This Might Be The Worst Job At An Ebola Clinic | Business Insider