Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 10 Examples Of The Social Decay That Is Eating Away At America Like Cancer | ZeroHedge
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "People Are Talking About Helicopter Money And Debt Cancellation Being The End Game" | ZeroHedge
- The NYPD Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs As All Central Banks Go All In | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid... | StreetInsider.com
- FARC to free Colombian general, others next week:... | Business Insider
- The FBI Just Arrested Two Guys Accused Of Buying Explosives To Use In Ferguson | Business Insider
- Ferguson on edge ahead of grand jury decision | Business Insider
- Gap Between iPhone 6 and 6-Plus Is Bigger Than Anyone Thought | TheStreet.com
- Wawrinka gives Switzerland 1-0 lead in Davis Cup final | Business Insider
- The UK Independence Party Just Dealt A Crushing Blow To Prime Minister David... | Business Insider