Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Cheer BOJ Announcement | Financial Sense
- The Debate Results - Who Won? Who Lost? Who Was The Mystery Third Debater? | ZeroHedge
- Oil Pops After Crude Inventories Unexpectedly Drop | ZeroHedge
- All This Market Calm Feels Like Mayhem | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Contemplates Buying Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Hackers Take Control Of A Moving Tesla From Miles Away | ZeroHedge
- George Soros' False Flag Factories | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Economist: China is ready to hit back if the next US president starts a trade... | Business Insider
- IBM adds Apple's Swift to Cloud (IBM) | Business Insider
- Here's the moment where the debate first went off... | Business Insider
- The TSA's Instagram is filled with crazy weapons people have... | Business Insider
- GOP SENATOR: Politics around the spending bill battle are a key reason Trump... | Business Insider
- Audi could be vulnerable as the fallout from VW emissions-cheating scandal continues... | Business Insider
- 7 hidden expenses you can cut from your spending today | Business Insider