Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- WTF Chart Of The Day: VIX Slamdown Edition | ZeroHedge
- Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering | Financial Sense
- Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere | Financial Sense
- On The Taper Timing, It's The WSJ vs The NYT | ZeroHedge
- The Politics of Adjustment | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: Changes in South African Inequality During Mandela’s Life | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Massively Different Pricing Of 2 Identical Drugs Shows Something Deeply Wrong With The US Healthcare... | Business Insider
- IBM's Jeopardy-Winning Supercomputer Will Power A 'Cognitive, Expert Personal Shopper'... | Business Insider
- It's A Light Week For The Economy — Here's Your Complete Preview (DIA, SPY... | Business Insider
- FED PRESIDENT BULLARD: The Fed Should Start The Taper Small, But Pause If... | Business Insider
- After Getting Pushed Out Of Apple, Here's What Former iOS Leader... | Business Insider
- (Video) Student Lenders On Notice | TheStreet.com
- Snapchat Wants A Restraining Order Against Ousted Co-Founder To Prevent Him... | Business Insider