Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scorching Demand For 5 Year Treasurys: Indirect Bid Highest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria Raises Rates, Devalues To Defend Collapsing Currency As Oil-Price Blowback Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Two FBI Agents Shot Near Ferguson Protests | ZeroHedge
- The Gods Have Spoken: Only True Believers Were Saved | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Amazing Video Of A Wingsuit Flyer Narrowly Escaping A Mountain Ridge And... | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Looking For Superhero Inside Sales Reps in NYC, Chicago and... | Business Insider
- THE GLOBAL 20: Twenty Huge Trends That Will Define The World For Decades | Business Insider
- 15 Successful Entrepreneurs Share The Best Advice They Ever Got | Business Insider
- Trailer For New Peter Pan Movie Features A Shot Of Cara Delevingne As A Mermaid... | Business Insider
- HP Has Over 400 People Working Full Time On Carving Up The... | Business Insider