Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Look Inside The World's Largest Naval Exercise | ZeroHedge
- Canadian Doctor Quarantines Himself Over Ebola Fears After Returning From Liberia | ZeroHedge
- Moscow Stock Exchange Breaks - Trading Halted | ZeroHedge
- The Allocation is on Hold | iBankCoin.com
- Bonds & Peso Slide As Fernandez Slams Holdouts For "True Aggression Against Argentina" | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Initial Jobless Claims and the S&P 500 | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Oil Tumbles Below $100 - 10-Week Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A French Luxury Car Brand Is Growing Surprisingly Fast In China | Business Insider
- The Recovery Doesn't Look As Good After A Revision Buried In Today's GDP Report (... | Business Insider
- The US Economy Does Better Under Democratic Presidents, But Party Affiliation Has Nothing To... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Poker Player Gets Knocked Out Of A $1-Million Tournament With An Unreal Bad Beat | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: People Are Looking At... | Business Insider
- THE BEACONS REPORT: Growth Forecasts For The Most Important Retail... | Business Insider