Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Senate Just Took "A Hatchet To American Liberty" | ZeroHedge
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Self Employment Tax Penalties Continue To Plague Small Businesses | ZeroHedge
- Over 40 Shot As Violence Erupts In Chicago During Memorial Day Weekend | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving... To The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Amongst The Entrails Of European Banks | ZeroHedge
- The Next Big Crash Of The U.S. Economy Is Coming, Here's Why | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China quietly did something that could drastically reduce carbon... | Business Insider
- I used a device that taught me how to deal with stress for a week — here’s what it... | Business Insider
- I found the perfect suitcase for any trip that's 2 weeks or less, and it fits... | Business Insider
- New Orleans Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones has died after being shot | Business Insider
- These are all the Memorial Day sales you should know about | Business Insider
- Consumers value... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is in danger of the PGA Tour taking away his tournament and moving it to... | Business Insider