Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tulsi Gabbard Versus "Regime Change" Wars | ZeroHedge
- The Three Lives Of Alan Greenspan... And Why The Third Won't Redeem The Second | ZeroHedge
- Why Not Replace Bureaucrats with Robots? | Financial Sense
- Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip" | ZeroHedge
- Theory of Relativity | ZeroHedge
- TSA Security Breach At JFK Allows Eleven Unchecked Passengers On Flights | ZeroHedge
- NSC Official Fired For Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's affordable housing crisis has reached a new... | Business Insider
- Under Armour made some huge mistakes that are turning into a nightmare (UA) | Business Insider
- Republicans are struggling to get their act together on Obamacare... | Business Insider
- This is the future of financial advice | Business Insider
- A top Wall Street bank is looking for the next generation of dealmakers | Business Insider
- Taxpayer money is keeping many Catholic schools alive | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider