Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Woeful 3 Year Auction: Tailing Yield, Plunging Bid To Cover, Sliding Indirects | ZeroHedge
- Gunshots Heard In Hong Kong As Police Battle Angry Crowds On First Day Of Chinese New Year | ZeroHedge
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: How To Defeat Your Government | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- US Investment Grade Credit Risk Spikes To 5-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 154 – Russell Simmons: How to Earn Your Worth | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside the lavish private club for New York City's creative elite | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders and John Kasich win first votes cast in New... | Business Insider
- Adblock Fast returns to Google Play a week after being pulled | Business Insider
- The Super Bowl's 'Woo Guy' earned the hatred of fans everywhere | Business Insider
- Obama is asking for $19 billion for cybersecurity... | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court has dealt a major blow to Obama's climate... | Business Insider
- There's no way around it — Super Bowl 50 was awful | Business Insider