Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Future of Medicine? Forget Private Doctor Appointments, Group Medical Visits are Coming | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Turn to Gold on Bank Bail-in and Drachma Risks | ZeroHedge
- The Raging “Currency Wars” Across Europe | Financial Sense
- Bill Ackman's Biggest Winners And Losers Of 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- Here's Some Frightening Honesty (Courtesy Of The US Congress) | ZeroHedge
- The Algos Say Buy Oil | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- For the first time in recorded history San Francisco got literally no rain... | Business Insider
- Ukraine peace talks end without agreement: Kiev envoy | Business Insider
- Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't move — here's why | Business Insider
- Greek finance minister to visit Paris Saturday: official | Business Insider
- Why China wants to become the world's banker | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Greece says it won't cooperate with its bailout... | Business Insider