Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "And You Thought Mass Hysteria Was Over..." | ZeroHedge
- Madonna: "I Have Thought An Awful Lot About Blowing Up The White House" | ZeroHedge
- Dear Europe, Trump's Just Not That Into You | ZeroHedge
- Pound Plunges After UK Retail Sales Crash Most Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Yellen: Hot For Obama... But Not Trump | ZeroHedge
- George Soros faces backlash in Eastern Europe and Balkans | ZeroHedge
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A personal-finance columnist... | Business Insider
- Chuck Schumer takes subtle digs at Trump just feet away from him during... | Business Insider
- 8 horrible things that happen if you don't get enough sleep | Business Insider
- Here's what Wall Street is saying about Netflix's blowout... | Business Insider
- Here's how Inauguration Day unfolded, moment by moment | Business Insider
- A manager at a one-time $8 billion hedge fund has been reportedly... | Business Insider
- Olive Garden has a new take on its famous endless pasta — but there's a small... | Business Insider