Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Low Potential? | Financial Sense
- Russell 2000 Tumbles To Negative Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- What's Wrong With This Chart? | ZeroHedge
- Epic Portugal Damage Control To Preserve Bank Confidence: BES Resumes Trading, Surges Then Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Thursday Humor: The New US Tax Return | ZeroHedge
- A Dramatic Reenactment of Chess on Vacation | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon Wants To Test Drones Outside The FAA’s Testing Sites... | Business Insider
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Is Pretty Popular After All (FB) | Business Insider
- Why MGIC Investment Stock Is Plunging This Morning | TheStreet.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Latest Sarepta Study Update Shows Greater Decline in Walking Ability | TheStreet.com
- Netherlands Coach Hates The World Cup Third-Place Game, Says It Should Be Abolished | Business Insider
- Wells Fargo Earnings, Jim Cramer Down With Dow, Merging Tobacco | TheStreet.com