Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Wellesley College Says Controversial Speakers "Impose On The Liberty Of Students" By Making Them Think Too Much | ZeroHedge
- THe CaSTaWaY... | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Building "Robo-Adviser" For Its 'Poor' Clients (A.K.A. Those With Only $1 Million To Invest) | ZeroHedge
- Investors Dump Euro Bonds, Shift Into US | Financial Sense
- "Trump Trade 1.0" Is Over - Why It Will Take Some Time To Ship Version 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Asset Allocation Quiz: Who's Making Money and Who's Just Shilling? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside the identity crisis at the Independent Journal Review, the outlet... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn rolls out email-based targeting (LNKD) | Business Insider
- Here’s how to protect yourself against ransomware attacks | Business Insider
- Trevor Noah doubts Trump adviser Omarosa's excuse for... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- 12 incredibly successful people share their surprising definitions of success | Business Insider
- Orlando nightclub shooting victims are suing the gunman's... | Business Insider