Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Existing Home Sales Drop Most Since Jan; Biggest Miss Since Nov 2013 | ZeroHedge
- The Illustrated Guide To Keynesian Vs Austrian Economics | ZeroHedge
- Vegas Baby! | iBankCoin.com
- Actionable Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- G7 GDP Growth Before and After Crisis | Financial Sense
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CNBC Contributor And Trader Rich Ilczyszyn Has Died At Age 46 | Business Insider
- Volvo's New SUV Will Be A Hot Rod That's Easy On The Environment | Business Insider
- New Survey Finds That Millenials Are Psyched About The Old School American Dream | Business Insider
- Volkswagen's Bold And Risky New Plan To Take On Audi | Business Insider
- Check Out Etsy's Offices, Which Are As Artsy And Quirky As Its Own Website | Business Insider
- Vatican launches proceedings against ex-... | Business Insider
- Pay up or return money, Argentina tells debt row banks | Business Insider