Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fake Out: A Rally Built On 'Hot Air' | ZeroHedge
- Here's My Shocked Face | ZeroHedge
- Something Strange Is Taking Place In The Mediterranean | ZeroHedge
- Democrat Strategist on CNN Said ‘We Don’t Need White People Leading Democrats Now’ | ZeroHedge
- North Dakota Tribes, Activists Win After US Denies Permit Needed To Complete Dakota Access Pipeline | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Freedom Party's Hofer Defeated By Greens' Van der Bellen In Austria's Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Army says it will explore alternate routes for Dakota Access Pipeline... | Business Insider
- 21 of the strangest weapons people have tried to take through airport... | Business Insider
- Healthcare spending in the US just did something that rarely happens... | Business Insider
- The wages of construction workers could skyrocket... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- We tried Wendy's new bacon Sriracha fries | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek