Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Syrian Rebels Destroy Russian Helicopter With US-Supplied Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Global Bond Markets: Where Did All the Liquidity Go? | ZeroHedge
- Presidents Obama & Hollande Explain How They Will 'Contain' ISIS Again - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- This Thanksgiving, Let's Say "No Thanks" To The Tyranny Of The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Slashes Q4 GDP Forecast | ZeroHedge
- No End In Sight For Commodity Carnage As Chinese Fear Fed Hike Blowback | ZeroHedge
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest: 22 lbs of explosives used in Tunisian bus... | Business Insider
- EPA nixes approval of new weed killer for engineered... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- The luxury pet company... | Business Insider
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season... | Business Insider
- John Deere warns that 2016 will be worse than this year for the farming business (DE)... | Business Insider
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel... | Business Insider