Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Washington's Struggle: Remaining Relevant | ZeroHedge
- 'Clever' Clinton Camp Mocks Trump Supporters With DIY Tin Foil Hats | ZeroHedge
- Podesta Email Reveals That Facebook COO "Wants Hillary To Win Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Oil Slides Below $50; Hits Two Week Lows As Concerns Over Iraq Break From OPEC Agreement Mount | ZeroHedge
- Obama Administration Confirms Obamacare Premiums Will Surge By 25% In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Did Russia Hack the DNC … Really? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump descends into lengthy defense of conduct with women when asked about baseless... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- GERMANY: 400 police officers carried out 14 'terror financing... | Business Insider
- The hedge fund pain isn't stopping as investors yank more... | Business Insider
- 3 US senators want the women's US golf open moved away from Trump's New... | Business Insider
- A Diet Chef ad was banned for implying overweight people need to... | Business Insider
- Economists used 2 questions to accurately predict divorce | Business Insider