Walt Disney (DIS) buys Lucasfilm
That's right, Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind Star Wars, from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the Star Wars series.
Mark Hamill better dust off his light saber, because he could be back to play a role as the Jedi Master instructor at the new Jedi academy.
"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," the 68-year-old Lucas said. "I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
Mastery Bottom Line:
Disney keeps expanding its empire, adding LucasFilms to its portfolio which includes ESPN, ABC, the Pixar animation studio and Marvel Comics.
We hope Disney will not repeat the abominations which were episodes I - III. They really need to go all-out here and get a director like David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, among others) to take on Star Wars Episode VII.
It is a dream come true to hear that new Star Wars movies will be made in our lifetime. Let's just hope that Disney can deliver.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- And The Best Performing Asset In August Was... | ZeroHedge
- THE LOTTERY GAMES ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN | iBankCoin.com
- "Dawn Of Libya" Islamist Militia Group Seizes US Embassy In Tripoli, Holds Pool Party | ZeroHedge
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CaixaBank to buy Barclays Spain operations | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Apple Spies On The Media 'Using Anonymized Social Media Accounts' (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's A Brutal Quote About Twitter CEO Dick Costolo From A VC Who Owns Shares In Twitter (... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong activists in fightback after China vote... | Business Insider
- Alleged Hacker Behind Massive Leak Of Nude Celebrity Photos Says It... | Business Insider
- United land Blind, chase Falcao as deadline looms | Business Insider