July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- How The Senate Just Took "A Hatchet To American Liberty" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- What to Expect out of the ECB Meeting on Thursday (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Politicians: It`s not the Jobs Stupid, It`s the Job`s Strategy Stupid (Video) | ZeroHedge
- "It's Unbearable" 50-Year-Old German Woman Rages "I Have Lost All My Trust In The State" | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Asia's Largest Commodity Trader Unexpectedly Resigns | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Cheap doesn't mean it can't be good': Meet the startup... | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- The New Front In... | Business Insider
- How I built a 6-figure business while... | Business Insider
- The largest luxury homebuilder in the US admitted the startling truth about the housing... | Business Insider
- We did a blind taste test of wings from... | Business Insider
- This is how to avoid the worst seat on the plane | Business Insider