July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Are The Three Things That Will Break The "China Calm" According To UBS | ZeroHedge
- Caught On A Hot Mic In 1992, Larry King Assures Bill Clinton: "Ted Turner Would Serve You" | ZeroHedge
- Why Is FaceBook Funding "Anti-Fed" Activists | ZeroHedge
- Could A Lithium Shortage De-Rail The Electric Car Boom? | ZeroHedge
- Vice Chairman Of South Korea Conglomerate Lotte Hangs Himself Hours Before Criminal Probe | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Services PMI Tumbles To 6-Month Lows: "GDP Growth Is Failing To Accelerate In Q3" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The maker of the EpiPen is playing another dirty trick right... | Business Insider
- One crucial thing you're overlooking when you try to... | Business Insider
- Pentagon: If North... | Business Insider
- Facebook's Trending news section is less reliant on humans... | Business Insider
- The Milky Way's 'dark twin' might help us solve one of the biggest... | Business Insider
- The 36 most beautiful museums in the world | Business Insider
- This one salad can turn into a week's worth of dinners | Business Insider