July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Boston Fed Admits There Is No Exit, Suggests QE Become "Normal Monetary Policy" | ZeroHedge
- Earnings & Events On Tap | iBankCoin.com
- TaRGeT LiBeRTY... | ZeroHedge
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Negative Interest Rates: The Black Hole of The Financial System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest | Business Insider
- How Tesco became the world's second-biggest retailer — and why it's... | Business Insider
- Gladbach win hands Bayern 25th German title | Business Insider
- The ECB is NOT planning to cut Greek banks off | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' just made a big divergence from the books | Business Insider
- The world's first head transplant surgery... | Business Insider
- Instant self-test HIV kit on sale in Britain | Business Insider