July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kansas City Fed In Recession Territory After Respondent "Laid Off 8% Of Workforce In 2 Months" | ZeroHedge
- Our "Junkie Economy" Will Soon Hit Rock Bottom | ZeroHedge
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- For Caterpillar, This Is What The "Second Great Depression" Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Hey You, Stop Right There! | iBankCoin.com
- 572 Reasons Why The Fed Is Terrified To Hike: "One Rate Cut Every Three Trading Days" | ZeroHedge
- Militarization Is More Than Tanks & Rifles: It’s a Cultural Disease, Acclimating Citizens To Life In A Police State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wal-Mart just shut down this hilarious website | Business Insider
- 20 books to read this summer that will make you smarter about business | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- SAP's CEO says he does not believe Salesforce will be... | Business Insider
- Early Twitter investor Chris... | Business Insider
- 9 reasons why it's better to be a tourist than a traveler | Business Insider
- 14-day plan to radically improve your finances [CALENDAR] | Business Insider