July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: For Caterpillar, The "Great Recovery" Is Now Worse Than The "Great Recession" | ZeroHedge
- The Ugly Truth about Diamonds | ZeroHedge
- Negative Real Rates Show Yield Trade in Bubble Territory | ZeroHedge
- Obama Sending More Troops To Iraq: What's Wrong With These 3 "Boots On The Ground" Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Lucid Dreaming! | Financial Sense
- "The Financial System Is Vulnerable," NYFed Asks "Could The Dollar Lose Its Reserve Status?" | ZeroHedge
- Despite Collapsing Economy, Japanese PMI Surges To 5-Month High; China PMI Tumbles, Misses By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Paramount Goes Above And Beyond To Help A Sick 'Teenage... | Business Insider
- Oil Prices May Soon Deliver A Big Shot In The Arm... | Business Insider
- A Food Critic Has Finally Given Tavern On The Green The Brutal Review It... | Business Insider
- JACKSON HOLE: Here's The Program Schedule For The Kansas City Fed's... | Business Insider
- Chelsea Handler Is Reportedly Making $10 Million For New Netflix Deal | Business Insider
- Exxon vs Chevron: Battle of the Oil Dividend Behemoths | TheStreet.com
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek