July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
- "Pakistan Spring" Escalates; 3 Dead, Over 470 Injured As "Soft Coup" Hardens | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Spain Sells First-Ever 50 Year Bonds At 4% Coupon | ZeroHedge
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some People Don't Get Bitten By Mosquitoes — Why That's True Will Surprise... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- We Still Don't Have Assurance From Apple That iCloud Is Safe (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- United land Blind, chase Falcao as deadline looms | Business Insider
- iPhone 6 Case Makers Are Going All In On The Rumors (AAPL) | Business Insider
- ISM Manufacturing At Highest Since March 2011 (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider