July Shakers and Movers (AAPL, THQI, WMT)
Trading strong today were shares of Wal-Mart (WMT), Apple Inc. (AAPL), and THQ Inc. (THQI).
THQ (THQI) finally made the right move with a reverse stock split at 1-for-10. After the split shares of THQI dropped to $4.76 and finished the day up 11% to $5.79. THQ did the reverse split to remain trading on the NASDAQ. For now the company has dogged the delisting bullet. Mastery looks forward to their 2013 release of South Park: The Stick of Truth
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up 1.3% to $613.89, its now comfortably above the $600 mark. AAPL shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 14.8 and an EPS of 41.02. Apple is now is less than 5% from its 52-week high making a 15.7% gain since late May.
Wal-Mart (WMT) hit a new all time high today of $71.76 and finished the day at that price. In the last 12 months Wal-Mart shares have increased 33%, they continue to dominate despite the Hater-Aid.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- A Great Period of Annihilation | iBankCoin.com
- Vietnam Says China Backing Down In Oil Rig Dispute | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 22 | ZeroHedge
- Insolvent Chinese Construction Company Gets Last Minute Bailout, Avoids China's Second Bond Default | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Transformation To Socialist Utopia Is Nearly Complete As Its Factories Grind To A Halt | ZeroHedge
- Rising Wages Where? Real Wages Post First Annual Decline Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is The Best Gaming Tablet In The World | Business Insider
- Woman Posts Selfie To Facebook Of Her Wearing Allegedly Stolen... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 19-Year-Old Harvard Student Dies In Germany While Traveling In Europe For The Summer | Business Insider
- 10 Huge Reveals To Expect From San Diego Comic-Con | Business Insider
- TIME WARNER DIGS IN: Board Removes Ability For Shareholders To Force Vote... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com