How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market For Lemons, The Market For Bullshit, And The Great Cascading Credence Crash Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- With Kuroda Under Pressure To Increase Stimulus Again, Dissenters Appear | ZeroHedge
- In First "Emergency" Decree, Erdogan Seizes Thousands Of Hospitals, Schools, Charities | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- Busting Media Myths On Peak Oil | ZeroHedge
- Q3 EPS Expectations Just Turned Negative: Six Consecutive Quarters Of Declining Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Emails Confirm DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We talked with Terry Crews about why he's... | Business Insider
- Syrian warplanes reportedly bombed 5 clinics | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Tesla and SolarCity are nearing a merger agreement | Business Insider
- A psychological trick to get people to trust you is best used over lunch... | Business Insider
- This investor is making serious money from pain in the... | Business Insider