How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Demonstrates "Sea Combat Ability" With Live Fire Drill Video | ZeroHedge
- New Weather Software Could Be A Game-Changer For Solar and Wind | Financial Sense
- EP 123: Tom Rath – What Can You Do Better Than Anyone Else? | Altucher Confidential
- Sometimes They Do Ring The Bell At The Top | ZeroHedge
- The Fed’s Dilemma | Financial Sense
- Softness in Q2, Financials Better | Financial Sense
- Drivers, Beware: The Costly, Deadly Dangers Of Traffic Stops In The American Police State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China is... | Business Insider
- Actor Terrence Howard is being sued for assault and... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn users are more well-paid and educated than other social... | Business Insider
- Google reportedly tried to buy a veggie cheeseburger startup for over... | Business Insider
- The NSA will soon stop examining millions of... | Business Insider
- GOP governor sends bizarre, aggressive hand-written letter to constituent | Business Insider
- A family found $1 million worth of Spanish coins off... | Business Insider