How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Few Setups For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Martin Armstrong Asks "Will We Have Another 'Waco' In Nevada?" | ZeroHedge
- The "Real Pain" Is About To Begin As Chinese Currency Slumps To 19-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Obama Signs Law Banning Himself From Entering The US | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Police Forces To Carry Guns For First Time In Over 60 Years | ZeroHedge
- Do You Believe in CREE-mation? | iBankCoin.com
- Positive Earnings Backdrop | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, AMZN, GM, KO, SBUX, P, UPS... | Business Insider
- This Cheesy Video Was The First Upload On YouTube 9... | Business Insider
- Here's How Many People Really Use Sketchy Streaming Sites — And Why | Business Insider
- Here's What $1 Million Buys In Housing Markets Around The Globe | Business Insider
- Shaq's LinkedIn Profile Is Perfect | Business Insider
- Ted Cruz Won Twitter Tonight | Business Insider
- Xiaomi — 'The Apple Of China' — Spent Nearly $600,000 On A Two-Letter URL | Business Insider