How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Texas Tea & Treasury Yields Tumble As Trannies Top The Day | ZeroHedge
- Record Stocks & Plunging Gas Prices Send Consumer Confidence Tumbling, Biggest Miss Since June 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Scorching Demand For 5 Year Treasurys: Indirect Bid Highest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $COH | iBankCoin.com
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: November 26 | ZeroHedge
- Two FBI Agents Shot Near Ferguson Protests | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The Carolina Panthers Paid Their Star Receiver $5 Million To Go Away And It Blew Up In... | Business Insider
- Netflix Alleges These Emails Show Yahoo's CIO Took Kickbacks In His Old Job (NFLX... | Business Insider
- Halifax And Bank Of Scotland Punished Bankers With Cabbages If They Didn't... | Business Insider
- Amazon Wants To Help You Find A Plumber | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed Is About To Drop ~ $245,000 On A Big Perk For Its 700... | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider