How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Moment Of Maximum Peril - Clinton Vs. Trump | ZeroHedge
- New Lidar Chips for Self-Driving Vehicles Are Smaller Than a Dime, Cost $10 to Manufacture | Financial Sense
- The Schizophrenic Fed | Financial Sense
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- Just 3 Charts | ZeroHedge
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's when an F-15 is better than an F-22 or an F-35 | Business Insider
- Michael Phelps had the best reaction to Jimmy Fallon's Ryan... | Business Insider
- Stunning photos of the vanishing tribes of Vietnam | Business Insider
- Colin Kaepernick's future in the NFL is now a huge mystery | Business Insider
- Best Buy could fight off Amazon... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Working out during my lunch break for a week had a huge effect on my productivity | Business Insider