How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Become a Jedi Knight | Altucher Confidential
- Guest Post: Dow 40,000, SPX 4,000: Is This Fed-Fueled Stock Rally Sustainable? | ZeroHedge
- It's Payback Time: Foreign UK Homebuyers To Be Subject To Capital Gains Tax | ZeroHedge
- In 4 Short Weeks, The Administration Claims Obamacare Has Achieved 'Private Sector Effectiveness' | ZeroHedge
- Stand Aside on Gold | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 12 Meanest Things Nassim Taleb Has Said About Economists | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Here Comes New Home Sales... (ITB, XHB) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The Most Unexpected Reason To Be Worried About Stocks (DIA, SPY, QQQ) | Business Insider
- One Tiny Change Makes Mice Drink Booze All Day | Business Insider
- Here's The New Ranking Of Top Countries In Reading, Science, And Math | Business Insider