How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spot The Lone Objector | ZeroHedge
- Two Wrongs Make A Right? Zillow, Trulia Soar On Incomeless Acquisition Plan | ZeroHedge
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
- Two-Thirds Of Chinese Consumers No Longer Trust Western Fast-Food As "Meat Scandal" Spreads Across Asia | ZeroHedge
- Why "The US Should Have Already Panicked," The Sectarian Divide Mapped Out | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Move Higher on Strong Earnings, Low Inflation Readings | Financial Sense
- Bonds & Bullion Tumble As Stocks Stumble On Macro Weakness | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is Where The Tech Giants Are Spending Their Money In DC | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Europe Is Finally Turning Around For GM And Ford | Business Insider
- Immigration Reform Is Actually Happening – Just Not On Capitol Hill | Business Insider
- How The Endless Quest For Love Is Sparking Massive Growth In Dating Apps | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Housing Sales... | StreetInsider.com
- Watching This Robot Trying To Open A Door Will Blow Your Mind | Business Insider