How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Crashes Most Since 2007 Amid "Panic Sentiment"; Over Half Stocks Suspended, PBOC Promises "Liquidity Support" | ZeroHedge
- I Bought the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- DueLiNG MaRKeT PeRiLS... | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Is Gold Really Manipulated? Or, Are You Being Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Is It Slowing China Or Grexit That Is Driving Financial Market Price Changes? | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Reason Greece Matters For Investors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- George Osborne was just dealt a blow ahead of Wednesday's budget | Business Insider
- New York Giants take $60 million offer off... | Business Insider
- People in Greece can't buy things on iTunes because of the... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Stocks usually go up (SPX, INX, GSPC) | Business Insider
- Here comes JOLTS ... (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- This has been one of the longest gold bear markets on record, but it's nowhere near... | Business Insider