How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Venezuela's Gold Reserves Plunge To Lowest Ever As Maduro Repays Debt With Gold | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 31 | ZeroHedge
- Global Financial Crisis Coming – Japan Warns of “Lehman-Scale” Crisis At G7 | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- Why This Friday's Payrolls Report Could See A Big Miss | ZeroHedge
- The Fascinating Story Of How The Petrodollar Was Born And Lived In Secrecy For Over 40 Years | ZeroHedge
- Germany's New "Integration Law" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I went from multimillionaire to broke overnight — here's how I reinvented... | Business Insider
- The turmoil within Brazil's government only gets deeper | Business Insider
- This year's Stanley Cup Final could be one for the ages... | Business Insider
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- A 22-year-old 'molded' to vote for Hillary Clinton explains why he... | Business Insider
- 'I like comebacks': Bernie Sanders went to the Warriors... | Business Insider
- REMITTANCES EXPLAINED: How funds are transferred across borders, and why digital is poised... | Business Insider