How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Epsilon Theory: Essence of Decision | Financial Sense
- Recession Watch: US Freight Drops To Worst Level Since 2010 | ZeroHedge
- "Eight Election Trades For November 8th" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tops Bonds, Stocks In Week When Fed Crushed Economic Growth Hopes | ZeroHedge
- Apple Tumbles After Channel Checks Reveal iPhone 7 Exuberance Misplaced | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Imports Record Amount Of Gold From Switzerland In July | ZeroHedge
- Jackie, Timmy, and Bill | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Discount supermarkets are taking over the US | Business Insider
- Twitter needs to sell now or risk becoming another Yahoo (TWTR, YHOO) | Business Insider
- The majority of Americans go without an essential employee perk, and it's... | Business Insider
- The legal marijuana industry could explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- China and Canada make a deal for the return of... | Business Insider
- These are the worst faux pas you can make in 17 different countries | Business Insider
- Chinese social media users are furious over 'ugly'... | Business Insider