How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mike Pompeo Is Confirmed To Lead CIA | ZeroHedge
- Charlie Gasparino And Scott Baio Attacked By Antifa A$$holes While Kellyanne Conway Thumps Some Fool | ZeroHedge
- Peso Tumbles As Mexican President Warns "Will Take Immediate Actions To Defend Interests... Doesn't Believe In Walls" | ZeroHedge
- Germany's Anti-Establishment AfD To Discipline Leader For Controversial Holocaust Memorial Speech | ZeroHedge
- Ethics Group Will Sue Trump On Monday Over Foreign Government Payments | ZeroHedge
- "Common Sense" Part 2 - Addressed To The Inhabitants Of 2017 America | ZeroHedge
- Aetna's Takeover Of Humana Blocked As Anticompetitive | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This site offers high-end watch brands at some of the most competitive prices... | Business Insider
- America's millennials stuck in their parents' basement may finally be able... | Business Insider
- Trump urges automakers to open... | Business Insider
- Sprint just bought a big stake in Tidal | Business Insider
- Tom Brady says he was up until 1:30 am studying the Atlanta Falcons roster... | Business Insider
- Germany just deported a second group of Afghan refugees to... | Business Insider
- Many people still see smart home voice assistants as a novelty (AMZN, GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider