How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- Significant Stock Market Narrative Development: There is a Westerly Trump Wind Underneath It | ZeroHedge
- N. Korean Nukes Exaggerated; More Questions About American Nukes Too | ZeroHedge
- Vehicle Plows Into New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade, Injuring 28; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
- Global LEIs and Technicals Point Up | Financial Sense
- Despite Arrest Of Top Advisor And Bodyguard, New Poll Shows Le Pen Is Mightier Than Les Globalists | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Perplexed By The "Relentless Bull Market" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police say 28 injured, suspect in custody after... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Samsung is making a new Android tablet at the worst possible time (... | Business Insider
- Here's where 5 key Obama environmental policies stand under Trump | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- A professional speaker shares 5 simple... | Business Insider
- A 'complex moment' — Mexico is looking to... | Business Insider