How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- India Gold Demand Surges 450% and Bank of Russia Demand At 15 Year High | ZeroHedge
- You Asked For Market-Lifting Miracles Theo, I Give You Another NYSE Break | ZeroHedge
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- EleVader Down for Crude to the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- The Parrot Is Finally Dead: The Economist Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- The Last Days Of The Growth Story | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's Blue Chip Fantasy Football Picks for Week 8 | TheStreet.com
- Dwyane Wade Played Basketball With A 90-Year-... | Business Insider
- US airline profits lift on cheaper fuel, strong demand | Business Insider
- At least 824,000 displaced by Ukraine conflict: UN | Business Insider
- I Waited In Line With Hundreds Of Teens To Meet... | Business Insider
- Archaeologists Discovered A 'Once In A Lifetime' 2,000-Year-Old Stone... | Business Insider
- Man with 'Islamic extremist leanings' attacks NY... | Business Insider