How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LiVe LoNG AND PRoSPeR... | ZeroHedge
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Japan Approaches Limit To Bond Buying Former BOJ Official Okina Warns | ZeroHedge
- Theater Of The Absurd: Spain To Provide 14% Of Funds For Third Greek Bailout | ZeroHedge
- "Spectacular Developments" In Austria: Bail-In Arrives After €7.6 Billion Bad Bank Capital Hole "Discovered" | ZeroHedge
- "The Repressed" Guide To Homeland Security's Threat Index | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The 145 Solution - Sapience, Not Sentience | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Costco is replacing American Express with Visa and Citi (COST, AXP, V, C) | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- How to beat jet lag, from a CEO with an insane travel schedule | Business Insider
- Rebels in Syria's Aleppo reject UN temporary truce plan... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Syracuse lacrosse team fooled Virginia's defense with an awesome hidden ball... | Business Insider
- Eurozone jobless rate falls to 11.2% in January | Business Insider