How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- Hillary's Lead Over Trump Is Either 1% Or 12% Depending On Which Poll You Believe | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Today's Main Event: David Cameron Arrives In Brussels | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- The First Casualty Of Brexit: Italy Prepares €40 Billion Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks, US Futures Extend Slide On UK Chaos, Pound Carnage | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time Bonds Were Here, The Recession Started | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why you should never ask the hiring manager these 5 common interview questions... | Business Insider
- Get a Nespresso coffee maker for under $100 —... | Business Insider
- How to add artwork to your home the right way | Business Insider
- How to resist 'dumb money' when you're... | Business Insider
- Beijing is vowing to punish anyone who smears the... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- BERNANKE: The UK faces years of uncertainty and Brexit is only the beginning | Business Insider