How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- Japan Economy Minister: "Yen's Excessive Strength Has Been Largely Corrected; Further Weakness Could Be Harmful" | ZeroHedge
- Precious Metals Hit 3-Week Lows, ETFs “Could Sell Another 250 Tonnes of Gold” | Financial Sense
- Clues to Watch for the End of QE “Infinity” | Financial Sense
- Leading Employment Indicators Suggest Higher Highs Into the Fall | Financial Sense
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- The Quiet Triumph Of Oil And Gas In Obama’s Policies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Holocaust Documentary Details Bogus Town Set Up By Nazis And Run By Jews... | Business Insider
- Republicans Are Ripping The White House's Dan Pfeiffer For Saying The Legality... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Google Glass Is Both Cool And Creepy | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 25-Year-Old Saudi Arabian Woman Makes History By Reaching Everest Summit | Business Insider
- Chicago Gun Violence Claims 11 More Victims Overnight | Business Insider