How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Norway Regulator Fears Housing Bubble "Isn't Sustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach Warns "The Fed Is About To Make A Big Mistake" (& That's Why Bond Yields Are Crashing) | ZeroHedge
- No Consensus on Rate Environment, Alibaba Misses | ZeroHedge
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
- The New Greek Government Arrives In Its Residence: Finds No Power, No Wifi Password And No Toilet Soap | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Jan 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's A New Air Force One! | Business Insider
- An Easy, Very Effective Way To Relieve Stress And Clear Your Mind | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Budweiser Is Hoping This Cute Follow Up To Its ‘Puppy Love’ Ad Will Win The Super... | Business Insider
- Georgia's Most Recent Execution May Have Violated The US... | Business Insider
- ANALYST: China's 'Long-Awaited Day Of Reckoning' Is Almost Here | Business Insider
- The White House Drone Crash Was Apparently Caused By An... | Business Insider