How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Distant Cousins? | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: The Rise Of The Inhumanes | ZeroHedge
- How China's Currency Policies Will Change the World | Financial Sense
- 4 Charts Show Why This Rally May Become A Rout! | ZeroHedge
- 13 Things Wayne Dyer Personally Taught Me | Altucher Confidential
- "It's A Tipping Point" Marc Faber Warns "There Are No Safe Assets Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- Heresy! China Won't Stick To IMF, World Bank Lending "Religion" With AIIB | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UNICEF: 40 percent school dropouts in Mideast conflict... | Business Insider
- More details due on helicopter landing that killed 1... | Business Insider
- Amazon is spending $500 million to make internet videos a little better (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Here's how Tom Brady — one of the NFL's richest... | Business Insider
- Tokyo leads Asia stock markets lower ahead of US jobs... | Business Insider
- Watch this compilation of insane stunts from the Blue... | Business Insider
- Thais unveil restored statue at bomb site to boost morale... | Business Insider