How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Storm: 2016 | ZeroHedge
- The Shocking Reason Putin Isn't Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Chart That Has High-Yield Investors Running For The Hills? | ZeroHedge
- THe DoNeTSK OPeN... | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Bonds/Currency Tumble As Delegation Snubs Mediation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Oliver Challenges Vladimir Putin Over 'Space... | Business Insider
- China Investigates Four Microsoft Offices For Alleged 'Antitrust'... | Business Insider
- Uber Will Now Let Your Employer Pick Up Your Tab For Business Trips | Business Insider
- Chinese Industrial Profits Spike (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- 5 Tips For Getting A Wall Street Internship If You Didn't Go To A Top School | Business Insider
- One Dead, Seven Hospitalized In Freak LA Lightning Strike | Business Insider
- Cisco Executive: An Internet Troll Is Ruining My Life And Now I'm Fighting Back (... | Business Insider