How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Axel Merk On What's Next For The Dollar, Gold, & Stocks? | ZeroHedge
- Market Looking Toppy; Exercise Patience | Financial Sense
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
- RBC: "We Are Seeing A Complete Breakdown In The Model" | ZeroHedge
- Five People Killed, At Least 40 Injured After Terrorist In SUV "Mows Down" Pedestrians In London | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nintendo Switch owners will get a chance to try ‘Splatoon 2,’ one of the most... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's web services have been hit with a major outage (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 'Sesame Street' has been mocking... | Business Insider
- 9 things I no longer do with my money | Business Insider
- A professor built an AI teaching assistant for... | Business Insider
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that's shinier than anything we've seen from the brand before | Business Insider
- You can now use Amazon’s voice assistant to get free 2-hour... | Business Insider