How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Bank Liabilities Rise Above 200 Trillion Yuan For The First Time | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: ISIS Destroys Abrams Tank With Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Austria Sells €2 Billion In 70 Year Bonds, Pushes Global Duration Risk To Record High | ZeroHedge
- US Futures, Global Stocks, Metals Rise On Economic Confidence, Upbeat Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Warns Of "Economic Weakness Throughout Much Of The World", Cuts Guidance | ZeroHedge
- The Next Big Catalyst for Stocks/Commodities | Financial Sense
- Is the “Earnings Recession” Over? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Coca-Cola's revenues were crushed by some Latin American countries (KO) | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about the upcoming 'Star Wars' movie, 'Rogue... | Business Insider
- Nielsen is finally taking its ratings outside the home | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- At least 7 children killed after airstrikes on an elemenatry and... | Business Insider
- Amazon has added even more useful skills to Alexa (AMZN) | Business Insider
- TIM COOK: Here's why assistants on phones are better... | Business Insider