How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Flying at Cruising Altitude Today | iBankCoin.com
- Living The Grecovery Dream: Two Jobless Parents, Two Kids, One Cat All Living In A Car | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Scenes From California's Central Valley Drought | ZeroHedge
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
- Doctors "Hit Breaking-Point" As Ebola Death Toll Tops 4500; Nigeria 'Clear' But Harvard Issues Travel Ban | ZeroHedge
- CIA Warned Obama that Funding Rebels Doesn’t Work … But Obama Decided to Fund Syrian Rebels ANYWAY For Cynical Political Gain | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If You're Going To Buy A New iPhone Or iPad, Get Ready To Pay At Least $100 Extra (AAPL) | Business Insider
- One Of Two Scenarios Will Play Out If Republicans Win... | Business Insider
- ANDREESSEN: The American Middle Class Is A Historical Accident | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Nearly Eight Years Into The Drug War, These Are Mexico's 7 Most Notorious... | Business Insider
- Amazing Video Shows A Mystery Man Running Into A Burning House To Save... | Business Insider
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies at 82: US media | Business Insider