How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Battle For Aleppo Is Over, Now The Real War Has Begun | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Gains One Vote On First Day Of Wisconsin Recount | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reasons Why Another American Civil War Is Possible | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- Bullish Confirmations and the Primary Trend | Financial Sense
- China Losing Control? PBOC Imposes New Yuan Outflow Limits For First Time In Two Decades | ZeroHedge
- The Gold Sell-off: How far might it go? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tested what might be one of the best hoodies out there | Business Insider
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS... | Business Insider
- California manhunt ends after 7-hour standoff as police... | Business Insider
- Russia has just given up on trying to launch strikes from its... | Business Insider
- Iraqi commanders considered... | Business Insider
- Unemployment rate tumbles to a 9-year low | Business Insider
- Here’s everything your watch says about you | Business Insider