How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks, Bonds, & Bullion Bid As Geopolitical Risk Soars Most In 62 years | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Reveals Picture Of Suicide Bomber Who Killed A Dozen In Tuesday Attack On Tunisian Capital | ZeroHedge
- The Good Ol' Days: When Tax Rates Were 90 Percent | ZeroHedge
- No End In Sight For Commodity Carnage As Chinese Fear Fed Hike Blowback | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rebound As Geopolitical Tensions Subside; Europe Surges On Report Of More ECB Easing | ZeroHedge
- Apple Stock is a 10 Year Short | ZeroHedge
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Celtics rally to drop 76ers to 0-16 | Business Insider
- Pope Francis denounces radicalisation, 'barbarous... | Business Insider
- A professional school where plus-size models take on fashion industry... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- Keenum not cleared but Rams hopeful about Wednesday | Business Insider
- Thanksgiving getaway 2015: Cheap gas but fears of... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (FB, AAPL,... | Business Insider