How much will the MS Surface Cost?
Microsoft (MSFT) has yet to release pricing for the upcoming Surface tablet. We know its a hybrid of a iPad and Laptop, but if it costs too much Apple will continue to beat Mr. Softy in the tablet war.
Jay Yarow at BusinessInsider.com believes the MS Surface will start at $600. If that's the case we completely concur with their argument -- its going to fail:
It will start at $600. Why pay a premium for an inferior product? The iPad 2 costs $400, and it's great. The new iPad is $500 at entry level and it's really great. The Kindle Fire costs $200, and it's adequate. Microsoft isn't going to win the high-end battle, and it's not fighting the low end.
Let's hope for the consumer we get a price point for the Surface that is in-between the Kindle and iPad. That's what makes sense for anyone who has yet to buy a tablet computer or is looking for a little more from the iPad.
600 bones is just too much. Why would you pay more for a Surface when you can buy and iPad for cheaper? The iPad is established, everyone wants one and you can buy a small keyboard for it. If Microsoft doesn't beat Apple with pricing its Surface cheaper than the iPad, its game over.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- $22 Billion in California Homes Sold to Chinese All-Cash Buyers | Financial Sense
- Wasn't The EU Crisis Solved? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Drops Below $101 - Lowest in 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- Pure Madness: Revenueless, Assetless CYNK Soars Over $5Bn; Bigger Than GameStop, Cablevision, Jabil Circuit | ZeroHedge
- Banker Suicides Return: JPMorgan Executive "Blasts Wife, Kills Self" With Shotgun | ZeroHedge
- What If The Federal Reserve Has It All Backwards? | ZeroHedge
- Germany Instructs Its Companies To Limit Cooperation, Procurement Orders With The US | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Retailer That's Closely Tied To The Housing Market Is Crashing After A Profit Warning... | Business Insider
- Why Bank of America Stock Is Down This Morning | TheStreet.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- People Are Giving Their Sick Pets Pot | Business Insider
- The 10 Highest-Funded Kickstarter Projects Of All Time | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: WMB AA BIIB REGN CELG GILD UNUM | TheStreet.com
- Business Insider Is Now Hiring Paid Fall Interns | Business Insider