5 Easy Steps to get a better night's sleep
Lets face it, Americans are getting less and less sleep every year. Earlier this year, the Center for Disease control announced that Insufficient Sleep is a "Public Health Epidemic". Many turn to sleeping pills to try to get a few hours of sleep in during the night.
On top of that, a recent study reported by the BBC news found that Anxiety and sleeping pills are linked to dementia. If you get dementia, you're gonna have a bad time.
So what can you do to get a better night's sleep without using sedatives? After all, you don't want to end up like Jack from Fight Club.
As the doctor told Jack in Fight Club, "Chew some Valerian Root and get more exercise". I've heard mixed reviews on Valerian root, so lets focus on the exercise. For best results, get up early in the morning and exercise prior to starting your day. You'll have more energy throughout the day but trust me on this one, you're ready to sleep like a rock when bedtime rolls around.
> Stop staring at screens
Whether its the Teevee or your Smartphone, either one can mess with your internal circadian sleep clock, resulting in your body thinking that it's still daytime. Try turning off the screen an hour before your target bed time.
> 20 MG of THC
If you live in the states of Washington or Denver, hit up your local recreational Marijuana store and pick up Marijuana edibles in 20mg portions. I like these because you can control your dose. According to this study, 20MG of THC is the perfect dose to punch the mustache off of your insomnia without giving you the groggy/hangover effects of sleeping pills. It's probably the best natural sleep remedy there is.
> Get Laid
That's right folks - take your significant other to Pound Town and you'll sleep like a baby.
>Drink less Alcohol
I think a lot of people don't realize how much Alcohol messes with your sleep. Alcohol can make you more susceptible to snoring/sleep apnea events. While it does help to induce sleep, this is offset by having more disrupted sleep in the second half of the night. Good luck on that one, all of you raging alcoholics out there.
Written by: Cornelious Stockmaster III, M.D.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trading a Le Pen Win in the French Elections | Financial Sense
- US Destroyer Has Close Encounter With Iranian Vessel in Straits of Hormuz | ZeroHedge
- Feudalism And The "Algorithmic Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Baby Boomers Borrowed $100BN In Student Loans For Their Children And Now Defaults Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
- Marissa Mayer To Leave Yahoo With $186 Million From Verizon Deal | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Obama's First Public Speech Since Leaving The White House | ZeroHedge
- Alberta Warns Trump Of Retaliation If Energy Sanctions Begin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We're about to find out if Chipotle is overvalued (CMG) | Business Insider
- Mayors tell Jeff Sessions: We are not 'sanctuary cities' | Business Insider
- A Marine’s .50 caliber sniper rifle... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Linkedin reaches a half billion users (LNKD) | Business Insider
- A German healthcare company is close to acquiring a generic... | Business Insider
- 'See you in the Supreme Court!': Trump fires off tweetstorm on '... | Business Insider