Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Last Nibble, I Promise | iBankCoin.com
- Viewing Russia From the Inside | Financial Sense
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- A Funny Thing Happened To Oil Prices When Nixon Killed The Gold Standard | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Dec 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Guest Post: Calculating The Breakeven Price For The Median Bakken Shale Well | ZeroHedge
- OH YEAH | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Android Had A Monster Year And It's Time To Stop... | Business Insider
- Obama May Have Forced Sony To Release 'The Interview... | Business Insider
- There's Now A Site That Helps People Find A Place To Stay While They Rent Their Place Out On... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 14 Gifts Teenagers Will Actually Want | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com