Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Something’s got to give in the oil market | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Tumble After China Devalues Yuan By Most Since August Collapse | ZeroHedge
- "If..." | ZeroHedge
- Either Reverse All The Perverse Incentives Or The System Will Implode | ZeroHedge
- Debt: The Key Factor Connecting Energy & The Economy | ZeroHedge
- 'Kill! Kill! Kill! - How China Recruits For Its Massively Underpaid Army | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 20 best-selling games of the last year | Business Insider
- A handful of investors are hoarding $200 billion, and... | Business Insider
- US home prices are rising twice as fast as inflation | Business Insider
- One of our favorite Bluetooth speakers is on... | Business Insider
- Why 'Game of Thrones' fans are saying Ramsay is even worse than Joffrey... | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, AAPL, TWTR) | Business Insider
- 20 incredible hotels where you can stay for less than $200 a night | Business Insider