Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Biggest Myth About Investing In Europe | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Warns Abe Over "Fiscal Responsibility" While Monetizing All Its Debt | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Dictate Immigration Executive Order In Vegas On Friday | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why Rand Paul Is Hillary Clinton's Worst Nightmare | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Photos Of Record Snow Covering Upstate New York: 100 Total Inches Of Snow Expected | ZeroHedge
- Algos - We Have A Problem | ZeroHedge
- Kissinger Warns of “Fatal Mistakes” on Sanctions, Russia, Cold War | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Argentina's top football clubs searched in graft probe... | Business Insider
- BHP says demerger plans will drive growth | Business Insider
- Why Low Oil Prices Could Make Russia's Putin Even More Combative | TheStreet.com
- UN global meet on malnutrition kicks off in Rome | Business Insider
- Snow-Trapped Buffalo Bills Players Have Turned To iPads To 'Practice' From... | Business Insider
- ISIS Now Has A Point Man Recruiting Fighters In Pakistan | Business Insider
- The Microsoft Engine That Nailed The World Cup Is Making NFL Playoff... | Business Insider