Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- General Market Topics Discussion (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Silver Will Protect From Coming Financial Crash - Rickards | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: December 2 | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Preview: Unemployment Rate Expected To Drop (But Blame The Weather & Calendar If Not) | ZeroHedge
- Iran Furious After Obama Said To Extend Iran Sanctions; Oil Jumps To 2016 Highs | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises To 10-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Pandora is up over 16% on reports that it could sell itself (P) | Business Insider
- Russia says foreign spies plotted a huge cyberattack against the... | Business Insider
- 9 horrible body language habits that are hard to quit | Business Insider
- 9 reasons the iPhone 8 will blow everyone away | Business Insider
- Here's why Italy's referendum matters | Business Insider
- Why Democrats are sticking with Nancy Pelosi... | Business Insider