Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Case-Shiller Home Prices Rise At Fastest Pace In 6 Months (Despite NAR Reporting Falling Prices) | ZeroHedge
- Can Investors Trust The New Gold Fixing? | ZeroHedge
- "We're Now Just One Big Shock Away From A Global Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- The Republican Party | ZeroHedge
- Credit Market Erases Post-Terror-Attack Gains As Stock Surge Continues | ZeroHedge
- From Hope To Nope - Consumer Confidence Crashes To 14-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Russia Deploys Warship Off Syrian Coast To "Destroy Any Threats To Russian Planes" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Video of Manziel causes stir as Browns end bye week | Business Insider
- VW to offer quick fix for diesel engines in Europe | Business Insider
- German cabin staff say cancelling Lufthansa strike | Business Insider
- Harrowing pictures show how dire the European refugee crisis has become | Business Insider
- The US Navy filmed a brilliant parody of 'Star Wars' on an aircraft carrier | Business Insider
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms world's largest... | Business Insider
- The US government is investigating... | Business Insider