Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Macron The EU's Last Best Hope? | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 225: Ryan Deiss – 3 Reasons Why College is (still) a Lie | Altucher Confidential
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Goldman Explains How Traders Made 4,364% Since 2009 With This 'Simple' Strategy | ZeroHedge
- Einhorn: "The Longs Say Stocks Can Only Go Up, Seemingly To Infinity And Beyond. We Have Seen This Before" | ZeroHedge
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
- Nordstrom Selling Fake-Mud Jeans For $425 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These 10 retailers could be the next to declare bankruptcy (SHLD) | Business Insider
- Basic income just got a standing ovation at TED | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating... | Business Insider
- Demand for nuclear... | Business Insider
- 40 amazing cars that dominated the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show | Business Insider
- Beyoncé is funding college scholarships for black women | Business Insider
- We just got our first glimpse of Uber's vision for flying... | Business Insider