Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "QE Benefits Mostly The Wealthy" JPMorgan Admits, And Lists 8 Ways ECB's QE Will Hurt Everyone Else | ZeroHedge
- The Visual Story Of The Biggest Fraud In Gold Mining History | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- A Bunch Of Criminals | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Gold Does In A Currency Crisis, Euro Edition | ZeroHedge
- Why $50 Oil Won’t Last | Financial Sense
- "Historic" Blizzard To Slam Northeast On Monday Night: Over A Foot Of Snow Expected In New York City | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 9 Cool Siri Tricks You Never Knew Existed | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- 32 Jaw-Dropping Photos From the 2015 Dakar Rally | Business Insider
- 11 Startups That Will Have You Living In The Lap Of Luxury Without Leaving Home | Business Insider
- THE AD-VIEWABILITY REPORT: The Top Statistics That Illustrate The Growing Problem... | Business Insider
- Anti-austerity Syriza wins Greek election: exit polls | Business Insider