Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fighting Breaks Out As Ukraine Deploys Tanks, APCs, Troops In Slavyansk: Deaths Reported | ZeroHedge
- THEORETICALLY, YOU SHOULD ALL BE DEAD BY TOMORROW | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Positive Earnings Backdrop | Financial Sense
- Harry Reid Issues Statement On "Hateful Racist" Cliven Bundy | ZeroHedge
- Russia May Halt Oil Supplies On Ukraine Theft | ZeroHedge
- Putin Gets Paid? IMF Agrees $17bn Loan To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Satya Nadella: Microsoft Will Show 'Courage In The Face Of Reality' (... | Business Insider
- How Knowledge of Credit Suisse's Dark Pool... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg Says That Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Monthly Active... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Q&A: Cover's Andrew Cove On Improving The Payment... | Business Insider
- Taco Bell Is Launching An Upscale Fast-Casual Chain | Business Insider
- 4K TV Is Coming — And It Will Rollout Much Faster Than HDTV | Business Insider