Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How One Billionaire Became A Gold Bug | ZeroHedge
- Oil’s Biggest Threat: Demand to Peak Within 15 Years | Financial Sense
- Stalled EU-Canada Trade Deal Gets Greenlight Following Belgium Approval | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Late In The Game": David Rosenberg On The Market's Flashing Red Signs | ZeroHedge
- The 'Real' Reasons People Will Vote For Trump | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first important test in the drug-price hike... | Business Insider
- 15 high-paying jobs to avoid if you're a selfish person | Business Insider
- An out-of-work hedge funder landed a bunch of job interviews with... | Business Insider
- Apple shares sink on first annual drop in revenue since 2001 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- THE APP ENGAGEMENT REPORT: The tools and tactics brands, marketers, and app... | Business Insider
- Turkey says its military operations in Syria won... | Business Insider
- Officials say Congress knew 2 years ago that soldiers were mistakenly paid huge bonuses... | Business Insider