Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Jobless Claims Plunge to 300K, Much Better Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- WTF Moment Of The Week: No One Bought Japanese Bonds For 36 Hours This Week | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History Of The Russian Empire | ZeroHedge
- Weibo Opens Way Below IPO Price | ZeroHedge
- Russian Foreign Minister Announces Four Party Agreement On Steps To De-escalate Ukraine Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Bet on Treasury Rally to Continue | Financial Sense
- Krugman, Who Is Paid $25,000/Month To Study Inequality, Says "Nobody Wants Us To Become Cuba" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Retro Video Shows Disney's Vision For The Future Of Transportation | Business Insider
- Blackhawks Coach Appeared To Make An Obscene Gesture Towards Referee | Business Insider
- Why You Should Check Your Credit Score Every 3 Months | Business Insider
- These Numbers Show That Box CEO Aaron Levie Is A Genius | Business Insider
- GoDaddy Released This Woman's Personal Information To A Spammer, And Now She's Being... | Business Insider
- San Francisco Billionaire Wants Tech CEOs To Give Money To The City's Poor... | Business Insider
- BMW Explains Why Its New Electric Car Looks So Strange | Business Insider