Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Are Crashing - Led By Banks | ZeroHedge
- Rumor Rescues Deutsche From Banking Bloodbath But Gold Tops Stocks In September | ZeroHedge
- After the Debate, the Deluge? (Now With A Trigger Warning) | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Young Virginia Democrat That Registered 19 Dead People To Vote In Virginia | ZeroHedge
- Global Trade Crashes Back To "Very Old Normal" | ZeroHedge
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
- Largest Dutch Bank To Fire Thousands | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Deutsche Bank is close to a $5.4 billion settlement with the US... | Business Insider
- Ever needed a private meeting space in an open office?... | Business Insider
- The FDA gives out 'Willy Wonka golden tickets' to fast-track new drugs for kids... | Business Insider
- 'Business as usual': A criminologist... | Business Insider
- 22 fascinating maps that show how Americans speak English differently across the US | Business Insider
- Mercedes' Tesla killer is coming in 2019 — here's everything... | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by 2020 | Business Insider