Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 10 George Orwell Quotes That Predicted Life In 2014 America | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Sanctions Costs: German Exports To Russia Collapse, "Risk 50,000 Jobs" | ZeroHedge
- Spotting The Next Detroit - America's Fasting-Shrinking Cities | ZeroHedge
- For $1 Million You Have A Choice: 15 Square Meters In Monaco Or A Trailer In The Hamptons | ZeroHedge
- Iran State TV Airs Footage Of "Downed Israeli Drone" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Releases Video Of Captured Russian Troops; They "Entered Accidentally" Russia Claims As Putin-Poroshenko Meeting Begins | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Are The Most Sexist States In The US | Business Insider
- 4 Things To Know When Buying Your First Interview Suit | Business Insider
- Afghan election in crisis as candidate pulls out of audit... | Business Insider
- The Worst Contract In The NFL Just Got A Lot Worse | Business Insider
- The Colleges That Love Late-Night Food The Most | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Didn't Know About Subway | Business Insider
- Jimmy Fallon Steals Stephen Colbert... | Business Insider