Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When Pigs Can No Longer Fly, It's a Big Deal | Financial Sense
- This is How We Roll | iBankCoin.com
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Crude Slumps To $57 Handle As DOE Confirms Surprise Inventory Build, Production Hovers Near Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 118 – Tomorrowland: No Matter How Hard You Try You Can’t Get Out Of Its Way | Altucher Confidential
- Managing Greek Default Risks | Financial Sense
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This app can get you a doctor's note and a bag of... | Business Insider
- This photo of an 8-year-old girl evacuating her home... | Business Insider
- After studying 500 millionaires, a journalist noticed one characteristic they all had in common... | Business Insider
- Spotify has a great feature if you like to listen to music while running, but I still have some... | Business Insider
- European manufacturing is holding steady | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart skewers Scalia after his string of Supreme Court outbursts | Business Insider