Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Black Panther Party Leader Blasts Billary: "Democrats Are Pimping Us Politically, Promising Everything, Giving Nothing" | ZeroHedge
- "Good News Is Bad News" Again - Confidence Surge Sparks Stock, Oil Purge | ZeroHedge
- What Will Happen After November 8th? | ZeroHedge
- Low-Volatility Stocks At Risk As Credit Cycle Ends, UBS Warns A Crash Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities To Own A House | ZeroHedge
- Wake Up America - It's Time To Eliminate The 'Pusher' | ZeroHedge
- Metabolizing Japan, the World's Oldest Nation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NATO: Russia increasingly staging snap military drills | Business Insider
- Controversial Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio wins his... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- There’s something confusing in the fine print... | Business Insider
- An abandoned 130-year-old skyscraper is now Manhattan’s newest luxury hotel | Business Insider
- Canada's economy just had its worst quarter since the financial crisis | Business Insider
- Dogs can understand what we’re saying and how we’re saying it | Business Insider