Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $YGE | iBankCoin.com
- How the USA Captures Whistleblowers and Other Political Enemies | Financial Sense
- BOOM TIME IN AMERICA | iBankCoin.com
- Prisoner's Dilemma: Will Investors And The Fed Collaborate? | ZeroHedge
- American Economic Calamity Predicted in 1857 | Financial Sense
- Spying! China Condemns US: That’s Rich! | ZeroHedge
- ROADKILL | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 Amazing Recreated Photos Of Kids And Their Dads | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Phil Mickelson Chips In A Shot From 75 Yards Out For Eagle At The US Open | Business Insider
- What We've Learned From Sheryl Sandberg | Business Insider
- The New Miss USA Works In Finance | Business Insider
- William And Kate's Royal Baby Could Send A $380 Million Jolt Into The British... | Business Insider
- The Worst Chart In The World | Business Insider