Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Silent Puerto Rican Debt Default | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Aftermath - Here's What Will Happen Next | ZeroHedge
- Imports Collapse At East Coast Ports | ZeroHedge
- Bond Mechanics in a Negative Interest Rate World | Financial Sense
- 107 Nobel Laureates Demand Greenpeace Stop Opposing GMOs... Because "We're Scientists" | ZeroHedge
- Chris Wood: "It Will Take A Political Genius To Hold The EU Together", Italy Is The Flash Point | ZeroHedge
- What Brexit Means for the World | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RECEPTION DAY: Here's a look at what awaits fresh West Point cadets | Business Insider
- This music service uses artificial intelligence to help you focus... | Business Insider
- This alarming government video says 'when you travel, you have no... | Business Insider
- 'It's a free ad!': Donald Trump thanks Hillary Clinton for... | Business Insider
- There's a new PlayStation 4 and a new Xbox One coming next year — here's... | Business Insider
- A prominent Republican senator unloaded on Donald Trump in a testy interview | Business Insider
- An activist group is punching holes in Walmart's... | Business Insider