Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Wealth' Creation In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- As It Turns Out Deflation Is Good After All | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Crashes Below $70 For First Time Since June 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- "This Is Madness" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Surveillance Balloons Are The Hot New Way To Spy On People | Business Insider
- Oil Price Plunge Casts Doubt On OPEC Supply Cut | Business Insider
- German unemployment falls more than expected in November... | Business Insider
- Everton through to Europa League knockout stage | Business Insider
- OIL IS PLUNGING (USO) | Business Insider
- Tibetan tapestry fetches record $45 million in Hong Kong | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek