Best Buy, Volatility Vanishes, Gas Up
Another trading week starts and stocks are up. Making waves are Best Buy (BBY), gas prices increasing, and the "Volatility ETF" the VXX keeps falling.
HOLY MARY PASS BY BEST BUY
Best Buy (BBY) worth $26 a share, great real. Co-founder Richard Schulze wants to take Best Buy private only months after leaving as the company's chairman. BBY shares are now cooling down to $19.50 range for a gain of 11% on the news. Best Buy got as high as $21 a share today but its a pipe dream considering its a dying brick and mortar business. Since March BBY shares have lost 30%.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) fell to a new 52-week low today of $11.82. That's an impressive decline of 45% since the start of June. Volatility is at a new low for 2012, either its a wonderful thing or the calm before the storm. Place your bests accordingly.
GAS PRICES HIGHER
Nation wide gasoline prices are on the way up and at around $3.62 a gallon the pump. Gas prices are up almost 13 cents on average from last week for Americans. The LA Times reports today Illinois residents are paying an average of $4.06 a gallon. Michigan and Indiana are not far behind at averages of $3.994 and $3.919 a gallon, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Slams "Puzzling And Unprecedented" $50 Billion Yukos Award, Challenges "One-Sided" Court Ruling | ZeroHedge
- A Cup of Coffee with a Metal and Miner for Your Weekend Brunch | iBankCoin.com
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- Near-Record Trulia Shorts Crushed After Zillow Acquires Incomeless Company For $3.5 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Time for the Bird to Make a Summer Splash | iBankCoin.com
- EU Announces New Washington-Pleasing, Russia-Wristslap Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Highest Since the 2007 Market Peak | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter Faces Wall Of Negativity As It Reports Earnings Today (TWTR) | Business Insider
- The Man Who Knows Amazon's Brutal Tactics Better Than Anyone Has A New... | Business Insider
- 5 Tips For Getting A Wall Street Internship If You Didn't Go To A Top School | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- 6 Ways To Take Care Of Your 'Mental Hygiene' | Business Insider
- 4 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not) | TheStreet.com
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com