Covered Call Picks (JCP,DNDN,TNA,ABX,BBRY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||17.7||18||0.6||3.20%||May 2013|
|DNDN||Dendreon Corp||3.98||4||0.1||3.00%||May 2013|
|TNA||Direxion Daily Small Cap Bull 3X Shares||47.4||47.5||1.1||2.30%||May 2013|
|ABX||Barrick Gold Corp||20.9||21||0.4||2.10%||May 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15.5||16||0.3||1.90%||May 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $17.72. Its 52 week range is between $13.55 and $34.99.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $3.98. Its 52 week range is between $3.69 and $9.34.
Direxion Daily Small Cap Bull 3X Shares (TNA) is currently trading at $47.39. Its 52 week range is between $20.77 and $46.89.
Barrick Gold Corp (ABX) is currently trading at $20.88. Its 52 week range is between $17.51 and $43.3.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $15.54. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Civil Uprising Escalates As 8th EU Nation Threatens Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Capital Flight Chaos - Safe Havens Are Tiny Markets | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- Congressman: Only Politicians Need Firearms For Protection | ZeroHedge
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Drives Gold Frenzy, Report 26 June, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Introduces "Political Bias" Training For Employees | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After losing both legs to a mysterious illness, this SAP employee became a world-... | Business Insider
- Fans are cheering about this small detail change in the 'Game of... | Business Insider
- What it's like to take the 'Uber of seaplanes' from NYC to the... | Business Insider
- The weekend is over and stocks are falling (SPX, SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI... | Business Insider
- Here’s why the most popular map of the world is totally misleading... | Business Insider
- 7 insights about getting rich buried inside Benjamin Franklin's 250-... | Business Insider
- McAuley own goal sends Wales into Euro 2016 last eight | Business Insider