Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple's Total Cash Holdings Decline For The First Time Since Before Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Largest-Ever U.S. Military Solar Project Gets Underway | Financial Sense
- THe SCaReCRoW OF THe PaCiFiC... | ZeroHedge
- Japan Trade Deficit Largest in History; Imports Soar, Exports Barely Up | Financial Sense
- After General Motors’ Earnings… | iBankCoin.com
- A Street Fight Broke Out in the Metals | iBankCoin.com
- Global Growth Is Picking Up – So Are Geopolitical Tensions | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Really Happened In The Armenian Genocide That Obama Refuses To Acknowledge... | Business Insider
- Take A Peek At Motorola's New Chicago Headquarters | Business Insider
- A New Poll Has A Democrat In Much Better Shape Than Everyone Thought, And... | Business Insider
- 5 College Debt Myths You Can't Afford to Believe | TheStreet.com
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Larry Page Was The Editor Of A... | Business Insider
- Lakers Forward Threw Out A Horrific First Pitch For The Dodgers | Business Insider