Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Says Syria Air Raids To Last "3-4 Months" As Moscow Releases New Videos Of Strikes | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: "Nothing But Cattle In An Industrial Processing Facility" | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- What If Expectations Of Our Central Bankers Are Simply Too High? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's NFP Post-Mortem: A December Rate Hike Is Now A "Close Call" | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Reaches Key Post-Crash Milestone | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Bulls Bends,but Will They Break? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of the biggest VIP gambling firms in Macau made a cry for help | Business Insider
- Twitter joins an elite group of companies pioneering a radical perk new moms love | Business Insider
- Greinke, Dodgers top Padres 2-1 to clinch home field in... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Oregon gunman was Army dropout who studied mass shooters | Business Insider
- LEADING OFF: Playoff chase out West, doubleheaders in East... | Business Insider
- US to review Colorado prisons for Guantanamo detainees | Business Insider