Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 70% DOWN | iBankCoin.com
- Pictures Worth A Thousand Words: Coafeidian, The Chinese Eco-City That Became A Ghost Town | ZeroHedge
- Louis Farrakhan Urges Black Community To "Rise Up And Kill Those Who Kill Us" | ZeroHedge
- First Default By U.S. Commonwealth In History: Puerto Rico Fails To Make Required Debt Payment | ZeroHedge
- Washington's "Fifth Columns" Inside Russia And China | ZeroHedge
- "Seasonally Data Dependent": Adjusted New Orders Highest In 2015; Unadjusted Lowest Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Indigenous AFL player Goodes plays on after race... | Business Insider
- Here's when you're probably getting married | Business Insider
- The best and worst things to buy in August | Business Insider
- A Peruvian billionaire contracted a world-famous design firm to... | Business Insider
- Western sanctions are hitting Russia harder than people realized | Business Insider
- A senior Tidal executive has left Jay Z's music-streaming company after just... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com