Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: December 19 | ZeroHedge
- Nope, Definitely No Inflation Here | ZeroHedge
- Frozen Solid | iBankCoin.com
- I WILL CHASTISE YOU, THRICELY | iBankCoin.com
- Bill Gross Has A Message For Paranoid Investors | ZeroHedge
- China Also Tapers, Forced To Promptly Bail Out Money Markets | ZeroHedge
- The Threat of a Puerto Rican Default Looms Large | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook Call Buyer: Let it Ride | TheStreet.com
- Moovit, The Transit App That Helps You Avoid Crowded Subways And Buses, Just Raised $28... | Business Insider
- And Now For A Video Of Rob Ford Dancing His Butt Off | Business Insider
- Why Frontier Communications Stock Is Soaring Today | TheStreet.com
- 9 People Who Shook Up The Defense Industry In 2013 | Business Insider
- This Weirdly Addictive App Lets You Add Photos Of Drake To Your Selfies | Business Insider
- The Political Future Of Turkey May Be Decided On This Quiet Road In Rural... | Business Insider