Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Scotland Referendum: Who Voted How And Why? | ZeroHedge
- It’s Good to Be the King Dollar | iBankCoin.com
- Alibaba Prices At $68: Here's What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Companies' Stock Buybacks at Biggest Pace Since 2007 | Financial Sense
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Algos Gone Wild: BABA "Glitch" Halted 7 Seconds, "100s Of Flash Crashes" Into Close | ZeroHedge
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SAP Just Spent $8.3 Billion To Become 'The Second-Largest Cloud Company' (SAP) | Business Insider
- 'Gangnam Style' welcome at Asiad met by... | Business Insider
- This Story About Safra Catz Stopping Larry Ellison In A Meeting Shows Just How Powerful... | Business Insider
- This Photo Is Europe's Worst Nightmare | Business Insider
- BofA: The 'Great Rotation' Is Going To Make A Big Comeback (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- Two... | Business Insider
- LARRY ELLISON STEPPING DOWN AS ORACLE CEO (ORCL) | Business Insider