Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doctor Fed, You Are Wanted In The San Francisco Housing Ward, Stat | ZeroHedge
- New Position PSEC Takes A Day One Nosebleed | iBankCoin.com
- WTF White House Statement Of The Day: Syria Airstrikes Edition | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 27, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Ukraine's Poroshenko "Optimistic" Over EU Deal, Putin Warns Of Consequences | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Inside the Market’s Mind: Debt, Growth and Politics | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sanchez strike sends 10-man Arsenal through | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF PAYMENTS: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- Japan's 'Golden Bolt': 103-year-old... | Business Insider
- Here's How The World's Richest Terrorist Group Makes Millions Every Day | Business Insider
- People Are Going Ballistic On Burger King's Facebook Page | Business Insider
- Lions Fight Crocodile Over Dead Elephant | Business Insider
- REPORT: The FBI Is Probing Whether Russia Hacked US Banks In Retaliation For Sanctions | Business Insider