Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How the Rising Dollar Could Trigger the Next Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
- "Neoconica" - America For The New Millennium | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Gameplan for Scared Money | iBankCoin.com
- Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues | Financial Sense
- "Now There's Something You Don't See Every Day" | ZeroHedge
- Jobless Claims Decline Across The US, But Jump In Two Shale States | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Snapchat CEO's Leaked Emails Tell The Truth About 'Tech... | Business Insider
- Russians Are Scrambling To Get Their Hands On US Dollars | Business Insider
- Hulu Employees Voted On Nearly Part Of This Awesome Office — Here Are... | Business Insider
- Boko Haram kidnaps at least 185 people in Nigeria | Business Insider
- Mysterious Startup Magic Leap Recruited A Legendary Writer... | Business Insider
- The 180 QX Is A Great Starter Drone [20% Off] | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton Praises Obama's Cuba Deal | Business Insider