Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet The Veteran Who’s Been Reduced To Peddling For Change Online To Buy A New Leg | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Rages: Janet Yellen is Right, She Can’t Predict The Future | ZeroHedge
- Drilling Efficiency To Keep Oil Prices Low | ZeroHedge
- How iTunes Destroyed The Music Business In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Global Trade Dives Most since the Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Should The Clinton 2016 Campaign Change Its Logo? | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Gray Skies And Memorial Day Reflections | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- George Lucas was scared to death to shoot this epic scene in ‘Attack of the Clones’ | Business Insider
- Science proves that the trendy 'dad bod' that girls are going crazy over is for real | Business Insider
- 8 charts reveal everything you need to know about the monster rocket NASA is... | Business Insider
- What's on tap for Google's big... | Business Insider
- Prince slams waste of 'self-serving' FIFA leader | Business Insider
- Podemos-backed candidate sure she will be Madrid mayor | Business Insider