Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ACI,IOC,ARNA,CLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||35.7||36||3.7||10.40%||May 2013|
|ACI||Arch Coal Inc||4.89||5||0.3||6.30%||May 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||77||77.5||4.8||6.20%||May 2013|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.95||8||0.5||6.20%||May 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||17.7||18||1||5.80%||May 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $35.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.15 and $41.42.
Arch Coal Inc (ACI) is currently trading at $4.89. Its 52 week range is between $4.47 and $10.26.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $76.99. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.97. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $13.5.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $17.65. Its 52 week range is between $16.96 and $69.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold, The SDR, & BRICS | ZeroHedge
- New Highs To Nowhere On Nothing | ZeroHedge
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- Can Israel Become the World’s Next Tech Capital? | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- S&P Earnings Pass Halfway Mark | Financial Sense
- Why Am I Still In the Stock Market? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The world's first head transplant surgery... | Business Insider
- Facebook has a brilliant feature that can help anyone who may be in... | Business Insider
- This Wall Street legend controls more than $50 billion. Insiders worry he's trying to do too many things | Business Insider
- Tesco is going cut thousands of products from its supermarket shelves... | Business Insider
- Halt Indonesia drug executions until graft claims... | Business Insider
- This poignant documentary about a mother losing her son takes unexpected turn... | Business Insider
- Asian stocks largely higher after Wall Street hits record... | Business Insider