Diamond in the Rough: General Mills
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) share are less than 2% away from its 12 month low. Sporting a 3.35% annual dividend yield and the stock 4.5% away from its average target price the stock is worth a look.
LEFT FOR DEAD
Last week GIS hit a new 52-week low of $58.59, the stock closed Friday at $59.01. Clearly this bellweather classic 'recession proof' stock is out of flavor with Wall Street traders. General Mills is not a growth stock, it's an OLD MANs STOCK. Take a look at the key price points and ugly looking chart:
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
The maker of Cherrios, Bugels, Yoplait, and more has been around since 1928. This stock trading at this level is a classic IRA play that you buy today and wait. Let the dividend pay you while you safely wait around for the stock to tick higher slowly over time. GIS is a slow mover, but slow and steady wins the race when it comes to your retirement funds.
SO WHY CARE?
Two people that went to bat for GIS last week. Jim Cramer and Larry Williams.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Everything's Out" - San Francisco Blackout Shuts Down BART, Traffic Lights, Business Across Downtown | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes But Stocks Shrug Off Worst Weekly Plunge In Economic Data Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- South Korea On Heightened Alert As North Prepares For Major Army Event | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- There Will Be Blood: Left Prepares For War After Berkeley Beat Down With "Combat Training, Better Equipment, Guns..." | ZeroHedge
- Existing Home Sales Soar To 10-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Voting at the NYC French Consulate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WikiLeaks publishes more secret CIA tools after the US threatens... | Business Insider
- Amazon's latest service wants to make buying a car and taking care of... | Business Insider
- WHO'S RUNNING THE GOVERNMENT? Trump has yet... | Business Insider
- Young investors are piling into Snapchat but they're overlooking a... | Business Insider
- The US will honor a 'dumb' refugee deal with... | Business Insider
- Sears' crumbling former headquarters have been transformed into affordable... | Business Insider
- Navy SEAL charged with recording himself molesting young... | Business Insider