Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
- BaRRY WTF! | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia Reacts To Sept. 11 Bill Veto Override | ZeroHedge
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- "Ominous Shades Of 1987" - HSBC Shows Why 17,992 Is The World's Most Important Number | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's push for same-sex marriage might be... | Business Insider
- I normally like my watches to be as simple as possible — this company's watch is the... | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- Here are all the free Xbox games for October (MSFT) | Business Insider
- How one woman built herself a brand new career traveling the world after 21 years of working 9-5 | Business Insider
- An analyst claims Tesla Model 3 demand is shifting to the Model S... | Business Insider