Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Country Is America’s Biggest Enemy? | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Warns China Of "Catastrophic Consequences" For Siding With U.S. | ZeroHedge
- American Airlines Employee Suspended After Hitting Mother, Challenging Passenger To A Fight | ZeroHedge
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- "It's Ludicrous" - The Market Is Losing Faith In Yellen's Promise | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Instagram is ruining food as we know it (SBUX, YUM) | Business Insider
- 9 years ago, I started a love affair with a supplement that makes me sleep... | Business Insider
- Under Armour made a costly mistake that will take 'years' to fix | Business Insider
- Why student athletes should think twice before going pro | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- This map shows the presence of Salafism in the Middle East and North... | Business Insider