Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It`s All About The 2018 Mid-Term Elections (Video) | ZeroHedge
- NY Times: "Every Time Trump Tweets It Drives Our Subscriptions Wildly" | ZeroHedge
- Majority Finds Media Coverage Of Trump Is "Too Critical, Exaggerated": WSJ/NBC Poll | ZeroHedge
- Berkshire Letter Highlights: Buffett Slams Hedge Funds, Likes Immigrants And The US Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Trump Administration Unveils First Step In Building Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- Charts Of The Week: 10 Reasons To Be Cautious In This Market | ZeroHedge
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here is how much money every NFL team has to spend before next season | Business Insider
- 15 movies you should watch before tomorrow’s Oscars | Business Insider
- DOW TOUCHES NEW HIGH: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- The nerve toxin reportedly used on Kim Jong Un's half-brother takes only a single, oily drop to... | Business Insider
- The best new apps and updates you may have missed in February | Business Insider
- This 7-minute workout is all you need to get in shape | Business Insider
- Lifelong entrepreneur: There's one way to ensure you never... | Business Insider