Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- Just 8 Numbers | ZeroHedge
- Presenting North America's Most Frustrating Airports | ZeroHedge
- BEHOLD: ANOTHER SPECULATIVE LONG | iBankCoin.com
- Ferguson In Flames, Shots Fired, Police Car Destroyed, Tear-Gas Deployed, Looting; NYC Brooklyn & Triborough Bridge & LA Freeways Blocked | ZeroHedge
- The Mystery Of America's "Schrodinger" Middle Class, Which Is Either Thriving Or About To Go Extinct | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Big Thanksgiving Storm Is Heading For The East Coast — Here's What To Expect | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- How The Secrets Of The Samurai Can Help You Achieve Laser-Focus | Business Insider
- Manchester City on brink ahead of Bayern test | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Never Knew About Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- Halifax And Bank Of Scotland Punished Bankers With Cabbages If They Didn't... | Business Insider
- Meet Sparc, The Apple Store Of Marijuana Shops | Business Insider