Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- You Asked For Market-Lifting Miracles Theo, I Give You Another NYSE Break | ZeroHedge
- How The Federal Reserve Is Purposely Attacking Savers | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is Buying Carl Icahn's "High Yield Bond Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- MAY YOU BURN IN THE FIRES OF 1,000 SUNS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Jennifer Lopez Bought A $22 Million Penthouse Next Door To... | Business Insider
- A GOP Congressional Candidate Just Held A Weird Costumed... | Business Insider
- 5 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Cheating On You | Business Insider
- Billionaire Steve Cohen Wants 57 Of His Ex-Wife's Emails From 2006 | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Google Glass Could Save KFC And Other Fast-Food Companies Millions Of Dollars | Business Insider
- Designer Transforms Old Apple Computers Into Modern... | Business Insider