Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real US Unemployment Rate: 11.5% | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Drop In Personal Income Since Feb 2010 Can't Stop Borrowers Spending, While Savings Rate Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Market Seasonality and The Fed Are a Powerful Combination | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Crashes, Loses Half Of Its Value In Two Days | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 6 | ZeroHedge
- Will the Real Economy Please Stand Up? | Financial Sense
- Riding the Market’s Circus | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese Import Growth Weakens, But Exports Are Surging | Business Insider
- An Ontario Pit Bull Has Become Famous For Balancing Objects On His Head | Business Insider
- 28 Images Bring You Up Close To A Creepy Abandoned Soviet-Era Circus... | Business Insider
- This Map Shows The Dominant Religious Group In Every US County | Business Insider
- The US Just Got An Insanely Difficult Draw For The 2014 World Cup | Business Insider
- Meet The Startup That's Going To Make Eggs (Yes, Eggs) Obsolete | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant Announces That He's Coming Back On Sunday, Releases A Strange Hype Video | Business Insider