Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recovery? 3 "Uncomfortable Truth" Charts | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures Surge Over 2000, At Record High, On Collapsing Japanese, European Economic Data, Ukraine Escalations | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Everything U.S. Touches Turns Out Like Libya Or Iraq | ZeroHedge
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
- A Rare Glimpse Inside The NY Fed's Favorite 'Quote-Stuffing' Hedge Fund: Citadel | ZeroHedge
- The Melt Up Is Upon Us | iBankCoin.com
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Design Company Built A Working Version Of An 'iPhone 6' Based On Leaked... | Business Insider
- Over 3 Decades, North Korea Paid Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars For Full-Page... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (GOOG, AMZN, AAPL, NOK) | Business Insider
- Here's A Video Of A Japanese Baseball Player Trying To Hit A 186 MPH Fastball | Business Insider
- WHITE HOUSE TO PUTIN: Don't 'Even Think About Messing Around'... | Business Insider
- Lesotho PM confirms coup, tells BBC he fled to South... | Business Insider
- Here's What Scientists Discovered When They Conducted A Rigorous Study Of Pizza... | Business Insider