Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Third And Final Espirito Santo HoldCo Is Bankrupt: Is "Banco" Next? | ZeroHedge
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
- Man Suspected Of Carrying Ebola Virus In World's Fourth Most Populous City Dies In Quarantine | ZeroHedge
- Forget Shiller's CAPE, Warren Buffett's "Best Indicator" Is Flashing Bubble Red | ZeroHedge
- Cursing Explodes with Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Presidential Crisis Management Through The Years | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Army Medal Of Honor Hero Breaks The Gavel At The New York Stock Exchange | Business Insider
- The IMF Just Cut Its Outlook For The World | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple’s R&D Spending... | Business Insider
- A Tree In India Is Bigger Than The Average Wal-Mart | Business Insider
- Terror Threat Against Norway | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: If Your Company Is Moving For Tax Reasons, I'm Selling Your Stock (... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/25: (TRIP... | StreetInsider.com