Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Puerto Rico To Default On July 1 After Senate Passes Bailout Bill | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- A Shocking Admission From The ECB: "We Are Concerned About The Shrinking Pool Of Eligible Debt" | ZeroHedge
- Germany Just Blew Up Italy's Bank Bailout Plan | ZeroHedge
- One American's True Story: "How I Went From Middle Class To Homeless" | ZeroHedge
- Silver Market Set To Break Out Above 20 Dollars (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Is About To Have Its Own Currency And Much More: How JPM Sees Brexit Playing Out | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RECEPTION DAY: Here's a look at what awaits fresh West Point cadets | Business Insider
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton issued 2 very different... | Business Insider
- There’s a secret tool in Windows 10 that puts all your settings in one place — here’s... | Business Insider
- Putin and Erdogan are meeting in person for the first time since the downing... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now | Business Insider
- Congress is trying to cut spending on... | Business Insider
- Macy's adds in-store functionality to app (M) | Business Insider