Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Wounded Deutsche Bank Lashes Out At Central Bankers: Stop Easing, You Are Crushing Us | ZeroHedge
- 2016: The Year When China Put Trump On The Throne | ZeroHedge
- "Folly For The Ages": After Buying Back 63 Million Shares At $83, Hess Just Sold 25 Million Shares At $39 | ZeroHedge
- "They'll Return To Their Countries In A Wooden Coffin": Iran, Syria Warn Saudis, Turks Against Ground Troops | ZeroHedge
- NWO (revisited)... | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A wacky-looking inhaler could be a huge help for people who have migraines | Business Insider
- Cam Newton: How the NFL's best player makes and spends his millions | Business Insider
- This is how long drugs actually stay in your system... | Business Insider
- What happens to a football player's brain during a... | Business Insider
- Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon... | Business Insider
- JEFFERIES CEO: A former US Navy SEAL made an incredible point to us about thinking like a 'tribe... | Business Insider
- 25 thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts under $25 | Business Insider