Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wellesley College Says Controversial Speakers "Impose On The Liberty Of Students" By Making Them Think Too Much | ZeroHedge
- Five People Killed, At Least 40 Injured After Terrorist In SUV "Mows Down" Pedestrians In London | ZeroHedge
- Passive Aggressive Pigs Get Slaughtered | ZeroHedge
- Marfa Update: Road tripping and Project Mayhem homework assignment | ZeroHedge
- Is Demand For Physical Gold Really Collapsing? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Prepping Case Linking North Korea To $81MM New York Fed Bank Heist | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Stops Publishing Money Supply Data For Obvious Reasons | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Snapchat is proving its street cred with TV advertisers (SNAP... | Business Insider
- 19 awesome tennis clubs that all serious players should visit at least once | Business Insider
- SpaceX may be about to dramatically cut the cost of launching stuff into orbit | Business Insider
- Apple's newest app looks like a mix between Snapchat and iMovie... | Business Insider
- Disney is being accused of stealing the idea for 'Zootopia' from a screenwriter | Business Insider
- The GOP's health care bill would widen America's big wealth gap | Business Insider
- US commercial drone use to expand tenfold by 2021... | Business Insider