Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap September 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Goldman's Yellen Press Conference Post-Mortem: "Few Surprises" | ZeroHedge
- When It Comes To Net Worth, This Is The Main Difference Between China And The US | ZeroHedge
- What's The "Best" Way To Make A 10% Return? | ZeroHedge
- VIX Slammed Under 12, S&P To Record Highs As Yellen Starts To Speak | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Targets Islamic State's Lucrative Oil Smuggling Operations | ZeroHedge
- Larry Ellison Steps Down As CEO Of Oracle | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama and US lawmakers turn up heat on IS | Business Insider
- Sony Quadruples Its Annual Loss Forecast To $2.14 Billion... | Business Insider
- Here's The Cologne That Smells The Best To Women | Business Insider
- James Franco Wanted To Work With Jack Nicholson So Badly That He Tried To Make Himself Look... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap: PPI Flat in... | StreetInsider.com
- That Time Larry Ellison Tore Bill Gates And Microsoft Apart... | Business Insider