Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Fear Won’t Drive the Failure of Globalism, But Blinding Contempt Will | ZeroHedge
- Kremlin Slams Demands For Assad's Ouster As ISIS Kills Hundreds Of "Human Shields" In Mosul | ZeroHedge
- Risk Of "Mass Exodus" Of Doctors From Medicare Looms | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
- Driverless Vehicles Coming Faster than You Think | Financial Sense
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- We checked the prices and it turns out Costco is much cheaper than Amazon Prime | Business Insider
- Why Japan has the best navy in Asia | Business Insider
- The White House burned a Philippine official... | Business Insider
- The 5 best new songs you can stream right now | Business Insider
- HGTV stars explain how an abandoned cotton mill in their Texas hometown... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider