Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Most Millennials Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings, Live Paycheck-to-Paycheck | ZeroHedge
- Barack Obama May Have Finally Destroyed America's #1 Advantage | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Slow Growth but US Recession Still Years Away | Financial Sense
- CLSA: "The Bank Of Japan Has Nationalized The Japanese Stock Market" | ZeroHedge
- The Current Gold and Silver Price Downtrend Will Prove to be Just a Temporary Lull in a Continuing Uptrend, Part 2. | ZeroHedge
- The Gold Standard and Debt Jubilee | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 24 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A simple equation could help you decide whether to buy or rent a home | Business Insider
- These 12 facts might give you a new perspective on the Civil War | Business Insider
- US children eat 3 times as much sugar as they should | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: You know more about the Clinton... | Business Insider
- The confusing lives of Chinese-American 'satellite babies' | Business Insider
- We visited the burger chain that's embroiled in a 'David and Goliath scenario' with... | Business Insider