Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks To "Target Those Who Got Rich From System" | ZeroHedge
- Buy The F**king All Time Highs: Stocks Melt-Up | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Trump Picks Pro Wrestling Mogul Linda McMahon To Run Small Business Administration | ZeroHedge
- December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating | Financial Sense
- Milo Yiannopoulos Told Not to Speak of “Pizzagate” During Miami University Lecture | ZeroHedge
- Why Is China So Upset About Trump’s Taiwan Call – And Could It Lead to War? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 best iPhone apps of 2016, according to Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The charging cable I've been using every day for a year is on sale right now | Business Insider
- Opioid overdoses are nearing record levels in the city that's... | Business Insider
- Mexico just one-upped Canada | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan just won a landmark case over... | Business Insider
- Weather Channel to Breitbart: 'Climate change is real, and please stop... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek