Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How the US Dollar Influences Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- CEO Of Asia's Largest Commodity Trader Unexpectedly Resigns | ZeroHedge
- Over 40 Shot As Violence Erupts In Chicago During Memorial Day Weekend | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of Small Business In Obama's America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Golfers, this might be the best fitness tracker you can buy | Business Insider
- FAA opens probe to determine what went wrong in fatal... | Business Insider
- An economic professor's research explains which Facebook friends are... | Business Insider
- 7 simple LinkedIn photo tricks that will dramatically increase... | Business Insider
- The 'Garage Sale Millionaire' who made his... | Business Insider
- A 'game changer' technology on Wall Street could shake up stock... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider