Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: April 15 | ZeroHedge
- Tanks Flying Russian Flag Enter East Ukraine City | ZeroHedge
- The First Look in the Middle | iBankCoin.com
- About That "Strong" March Retail Sales "Bounce": Good Thing Summer's Coming! | ZeroHedge
- Fed Jawboning, Minutes Give Stocks a Lift | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Easy Ways To Give Your Brain A Break During The Workday | Business Insider
- London's Property Market Is Incredible | Business Insider
- NASA Is Testing A Flying Saucer For Landing On Mars | Business Insider
- Italian Tea Company Tries To Make Drinking And Driving Seem Cute | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIDER: Windows... | Business Insider
- 2014 Could Be The Year That Apple Changes Course On Mobile Payments... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek