Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Archaea Capital's 5 Bad Trades To Avoid Next Year | ZeroHedge
- Epic Bot Fraud: Up To 50% Of All Publisher Traffic Is From Fake Clicks; Billions In Ad Revenue At Risk | ZeroHedge
- Credit Doesn't Care What the FOMC Says: The "Recovery" That Never Was Is Over | ZeroHedge
- I'm Not Buying It - Not The Wall Street Rip, Nor The Keynesian Rap | ZeroHedge
- Just What Is China Buying? | ZeroHedge
- Gun Violence In America (In 6 Uncomfortable Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Defiant North Korea Says Can Prove It Is Not Behind Hack "Without Resorting To Torture Like The CIA" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Economy Can Handle Higher Interest Rates, but Fed Distracts | TheStreet.com
- I Just Found Out 43 Slaves Work For Me | Business Insider
- Howard Marks Gives A Crystal-Clear Explanation Of How Oil Prices Work (OAK) | Business Insider
- The Best Jobs For Every Personality Type | Business Insider
- 16 Wacky Houses From Around The Globe | Business Insider
- 18 Bookstores Every Book Lover Must Visit At Least Once | Business Insider
- Cheap Oil Hasn't Slowed Growth In The Solar Industry | Business Insider