Embrace the Pullback: Buy the SSO
Since Monday the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) has dropped 3.7%. The pullback in U.S. equities is believed to be temporary. Thus the cause to buy the S&P 500 index via the SSO.
Today the SSO managed to claw back 0.7%. Since Mid August when the SSO was trading at its 52-week high the ETF has lost 6.2%. The Talking Heads are saying stocks will bounce and the SSO is the right way to play it should the indexes tick higher. Want another reason to believe that stocks prices will go higher? How about War.
Stocks often rebound after missiles are launched
While talk of military action often spooks markets and drives down stock prices, history shows that stocks tend to rebound once the first shots are fired and uncertainty over what could go wrong fade.
NEW YORK — When the U.S. military moves against rivals, the stock market's initial reaction is to fall as uncertainty soars. But stock prices typically don't stay down for long after the missiles are dropped, historical market data show.
Indeed, data compiled by three Wall Street firms that measure how stocks have reacted leading up to, and following, various types of U.S. military action, suggest that the stock market's current hand-wringing over the USA's expected strike at Syria might be short-lived. (source:USA Today)
The ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) closed today at $79.84 and its shares are now -9.06% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ted Cruz Announces Carly Fiorina As VP Running Mate: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Delaware Has One Billion Reasons Not To Change Its Laws Of Incorporation | ZeroHedge
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
- Gold More Productive Than Cash?! | ZeroHedge
- George Orwell's Ghost Is Laughing - Obama's "No Boots On The Ground" Doublespeak | ZeroHedge
- America's Entitled (And Doomed) Upper Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- The "World's Biggest Short Squeeze" Has Spread From ETFs To Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook's lead HR consultant explains how the company... | Business Insider
- 17 counterintuitive salary negotiation tricks that actually work | Business Insider
- Ford beats, has best-ever quarter for profits (f) | Business Insider
- 'Lucifer in the flesh': John Boehner unloads on 'miserable son of a bitch... | Business Insider
- Chicago PMI misses expectations | Business Insider
- How just $15 a day can set you up for retirement | Business Insider
- The man who plays 'The Mountain' on 'Game of Thrones' eats an insane... | Business Insider