Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Earnings on Deck | iBankCoin.com
- An Abandoned Chart | iBankCoin.com
- US-Israeli Relationship In Jeopardy, Kerry "Ruined Everything" | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Yields Tumble Below 2.5% - Lowest In History | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Playfully Damaging Bears | iBankCoin.com
- Marc Faber Responds To CNBC Mockery, Asks "How Has CNBC's Portfolio Done Since 1999?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Afghanistan Is Awash In Tens Of Thousands Of Unaccountable US Weapons | Business Insider
- Here's Why No One Knows How To Manage Their Time | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Dollar Tree Is Buying Family Dollar (FDO, DLTR) | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Pro-Russian Rebels Are Using Soviet WWII... | Business Insider
- The Highest-Paying Jobs At Apple [RANKED] (AAPL) | Business Insider