Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive 100 Kilogram Gold Coin Worth $4.5 Million Stolen From German Museum | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Collapse Continues - Over 80% Of Post-Trump Gains Gone | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 221: Tucker Max – The Top Five Things I Learned From Tucker Max | Altucher Confidential
- The Next Clash Emerges: Trump-Ryan Deeply Divided Over Tax 'Cuts' | ZeroHedge
- Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Faces Russian Arrest Warrant | ZeroHedge
- The Curse Of 'The Thinking Class' | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS SLIP: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- North Carolina could lose out on $3.76 billion in... | Business Insider
- 'I think I could... | Business Insider
- Fresh fruits and veggies aren't always healthier than frozen ones — here... | Business Insider
- The origin of the word 'honeymoon' is shrouded in a 500-year-old literary... | Business Insider
- Amazon threw another private invite-only robot... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, RH) | Business Insider