Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EU: Central Bank Will Continue Quantitative Easing Next Year | Financial Sense
- Another Day, Another Melt-Up In Stocks As Gold Hits 10-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks to “Target Those Who Got Rich From System” | Financial Sense
- Iceland Interior Minister Reveals Plot By Obama Administration "To Frame Julian Assange" | ZeroHedge
- Understanding Evil: From Globalism To Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
- Democrats, Trump, And The Ongoing, Dangerous Refusal To Learn The Lesson Of Brexit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The top Senate Republican had a defiant response to intelligence on Russia... | Business Insider
- Cowboys linebacker explains what it is like being Dak... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders calls Trump a 'pathological liar' | Business Insider
- Here are all of the properties that are branded with the Trump name | Business Insider
- Lawyers want to launch a new Brexit challenge in Irish... | Business Insider
- I ditched Gmail for this lesser-known email app, and I don't plan on going back | Business Insider
- This airport lounge membership is the... | Business Insider