Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed-nado Crushes Stocks And Crude; Long Yields Hit Record Low | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul On Gold & The Fed's Failed 'Utopian Dream' | ZeroHedge
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- The "Bullard Put" Is Gone: "It Is Reasonable To Hike Rates In June Or July" | ZeroHedge
- These Late Day Recoveries Aren’t Helpful | iBankCoin.com
- Another Ex-Central Planner Speaks Up: Currency War Policy "Risks Major Downward Shock To Asset Prices" | ZeroHedge
- IQaMaT AL-DeMPSeY... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mitt Romney is not running for president | Business Insider
- American/US Airways Shares, Up 1,000% in Three Years, Take a Break | TheStreet.com
- These Two English Towns Are About To Get The Fastest Internet In Europe | Business Insider
- Here Comes The Fed ... (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Russian bank boss: sanctions are economic war against Russia | Business Insider
- At least 12 killed in Pakistan Shiite mosque bombing | Business Insider
- Pepsi Tells Us Why A Super Bowl Ad Should Never Just Be A One-Off | Business Insider