Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Dear Fed, Please STFU!" | ZeroHedge
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- Facebook Just Got A Whole Lot Creepier | ZeroHedge
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- "The Americans Give Us Nothing": France Effectively Kills TTIP, Calls For End To Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- White Lives Matter Has Been Branded A "Hate Group" | ZeroHedge
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 headphones under $100 actually worth your time | Business Insider
- This Chinese city is undergoing a makeover ahead of... | Business Insider
- US: Russia's claim it killed top ISIS leader Adnani is... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 9 financial tips to help families save up to $5,000 a year | Business Insider
- Watch Hillary Clinton rip Trump's... | Business Insider