Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Speaker Boehner Explains The Budget "Deal" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Politics of Adjustment | Financial Sense
- ECB Admits Sovereign Bonds Are Not Riskless | ZeroHedge
- Foggy Action | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 1: The Reaping | ZeroHedge
- China "Fixes" Pollution Problem... By Raising Danger Threshold | ZeroHedge
- US-Backed Syrian "Rebel" Commander Chased Out Of Country By Al Qaeda | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- This Is What Happens When Conan And Ice Cube Book A Lyft Car | Business Insider
- The Presidential Selfie Is A Much Bigger Deal Than People Realize | Business Insider
- Senate Aide To Harry Reid Trolls John Cornyn In... | Business Insider
- Former PayPal VP Jack Selby Is Supposedly The Mysterious... | Business Insider
- NASA Scientists Have Built Their Own Robotic Woman | Business Insider
- Why Foreign Entrepreneurs Happily Pay This Pitch Coach $3,900 A Day | Business Insider