Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Merkel Accuses Facebook, Google Of "Distorting Perception", Wants Access To Algorithms | ZeroHedge
- Ugly! “Failure Almost Guaranteed” Regardless of Who Wins the Election | Financial Sense
- Is the “Earnings Recession” Over? | Financial Sense
- What Wall Street Expects From Apple Today, And Why It Is So Critical For The Entire Tech Sector | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
- Even The New York Times Is Bashing Obamacare - "It Has Not Worked All That Well" | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, US Futures Drop On Apple Disappointment, Sliding Crude | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UK defense minister hopes for Raqa offensive against... | Business Insider
- This is how Microsoft is preventing hackers from hijacking IoT devices (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Lady Gaga drives and belts her greatest hits with James... | Business Insider
- Why your iPhone shuts down when it's too cold | Business Insider
- At Trump's new hotel in Washington, an alternate... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook got testy after an analyst asked him if Apple has a... | Business Insider
- What your tweet could cost you | Business Insider