Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Smart Money Is Selling the Farm | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- Ferguson In Flames: The Morning After | ZeroHedge
- How The World's Most Leveraged Hedge Fund Got Away With Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- US Stocks Surge To 'Best' Streak In 86 years | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank's Modest Proposal To Central Banks: "Purchase The Gold Held By Private Households" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 9 Books That Will Help You Find Work You Love | Business Insider
- Here's What Happens When Thousands Of Screaming Tweens Meet Their YouTube... | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider
- How Microsoft Can Bring in an Extra $3 Billion by Catering Towards Small Businesses | TheStreet.com
- Clyne leaves it late to rescue Southampton | Business Insider
- In Ferguson, blacks say racial bias is fact of life | Business Insider