Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap April 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Secret World Of Gold | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Collapses In Japan | ZeroHedge
- Lassonde: Gold Moving Sideways; Very Bullish on Natural Gas | Financial Sense
- Name That Chart | iBankCoin.com
- What Collateral Shortage? Collectible Cars Used As "Hard Assets" | ZeroHedge
- Risk On, Regardless | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s How To Unlock Three Android Easter Eggs | Business Insider
- These 12 Tips Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Your iPhone | Business Insider
- Here's What The Daily Calorie Intake Of 2,000 Calories Looks Like In Pizza Slices... | Business Insider
- Nissan Turns Up the Heat in the Electric Car Race | TheStreet.com
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events | Business Insider
- How To Use Tinder, A Socially Acceptable Way To Call Someone Ugly Or... | Business Insider
- 5 Subliminal Sex Messages Hidden In Ads For Wholesome Brands | Business Insider