Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EIA Inventory Report and Oil Market Analysis 2 10 2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Why Ron Paul Is Hopeful | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- "Fasten Your Seatbelts": Kyle Bass Previews The Collapse Of China's $34 Trillion Banking Sector | ZeroHedge
- Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash | Financial Sense
- Treasury Yield Curve Plunges To Flattest Since 2007, Financials Follow | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street's nightmare stock is tanking again | Business Insider
- US official: Half of Iran's $100 billion windfall from... | Business Insider
- The two most important discoveries that completely transformed our... | Business Insider
- Tesla is getting very ambitious about how many cars it will sell in 2016 (tsla... | Business Insider
- A Chinese investment fund wants to buy Opera web... | Business Insider
- This study provides clear evidence of how Zika virus may be causing birth defects | Business Insider
- It's nearly impossible to describe the mind-blowing experience of virtual reality | Business Insider