Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Bad Debt At China's - And The World's - Largest Bank Surges By Most Ever | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The M&A Gift That Keeps On Giving: Mass Layoffs Coming To A Tim Hortons Near You | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TRIP | iBankCoin.com
- Despite Plunge In Spending, Consumer Confidence Jumps To 7-Year High | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Slowing of World Trade Growth and Globalization | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Starbucks Plans a Delivery Service as Sales Growth Slows | TheStreet.com
- Army seizes power in Burkina Faso after protests | Business Insider
- uBeam Just Raised $10 Million So You Can Charge Your Phone While Walking Around Your House | Business Insider
- The Creator Of 'Super Smash Bros.' Once Worked 13 Months In A Row... | Business Insider
- The Virgin Galactic Spaceship That Crashed Was Using A New Fuel Combination... | Business Insider
- Here's How 43 Advanced, Emerging, and Developing Countries Rated Their Happiness... | Business Insider
- Suddenly, Businesses In Europe Are Starting To Feel Better About Everything | Business Insider