Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Neoconica" - America For The New Millennium | ZeroHedge
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- What Hindenburg Omens and an Oil Crash Mean | Financial Sense
- Massive Volume "Panic Selling" Cuts Warren Buffett's Chinese Car Maker BYD In Half Overnight | ZeroHedge
- Regarding Crude | iBankCoin.com
- United States Of Newspeak – Obama Spins Executive Orders As "Presidential Memoranda" To Avoid Scrutiny | ZeroHedge
- Jobless Claims Decline Across The US, But Jump In Two Shale States | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- OpenTable Executive Explains How To Get A Job In The Food... | Business Insider
- Uber Should Not Raise Prices During Emergencies | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The Era Of Cuba's Classic American Cars May Be Coming To An End | Business Insider
- This Is The Jaguar That The Villain Will Drive In... | Business Insider
- Sony Won't Be Releasing 'The Interview'... | Business Insider
- Here's Why US Authorities Think North Korea Hacked Sony (SNE) | Business Insider