Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- OBAMAS MaSSiVe FiGHT WiTH WaLL STReeT... | ZeroHedge
- David Cameron's New Thought Police | ZeroHedge
- These Are The 50 Top Hedge Fund Long And Short Positions | ZeroHedge
- A Vision of Monetary Hell Troubles Our Sleep... | ZeroHedge
- Illiquid Markets Turmoil After Hotter-Than-Expected Inflation Print | ZeroHedge
- Robots on Verge of Replacing Human Anesthesiologists | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There was an important scene cut out of ‘Tomorrowland’ | Business Insider
- The 17 hottest tech startups in Germany | Business Insider
- UK's Cameron says 'confident' of securing EU... | Business Insider
- Appeals court frees Korean Air heiress in 'nut rage... | Business Insider
- 4 psychological tricks to instantly appear competent | Business Insider
- Netflix is thinking about getting rid of star ratings | Business Insider
- Why it totally makes sense for Snapchat to invest in shopping startup Spring | Business Insider