Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eric Peters: "In A World Awash In Stimulus, How Should You Invest In The Absence Of A Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- The Importance Of Asking Good Questions | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Verizon To Acquire Yahoo Core Assets For $4.8 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Here's Why The New DNC Chair Is About To Make Bernie Supporters Just As Angry | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE WIRELESS... | Business Insider
- Two college football players have died in a car crash | Business Insider
- Tesla and SolarCity are nearing a merger agreement | Business Insider
- This infographic shows how consumers only have... | Business Insider
- The new 'Star Trek' wins the weekend box office, but performs below expectations... | Business Insider
- A common belief about working out might be bogus — and it's good news for anyone trying to tone... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek