Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Yearning For Something Terrible | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Stocks Outperform as Foreign Money Pours In | Financial Sense
- Stunning Photos Of Record Snow Covering Upstate New York: 100 Total Inches Of Snow Expected | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's "Top Trade Recommendations For 2015" | ZeroHedge
- 60% Of Households Get More Benefits Than They Pay In Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Multiple Expansion Is Over, Goldman Warns, "US Stocks Will Close 2015 Only 5% Higher" | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Risks Getting Stung | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Driverless Cars Are Finally Getting Americans Excited | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Stock Market Today: Japan Recession Keeps Markets From Celebrating Deals Deluge | TheStreet.com
- Fitbit Just Released Its First-Ever Video Ad — And It Really Makes You Want To Work Out... | Business Insider
- Uber Employees Allegedly... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- A Mobile Payments Company Is Hiding Cash Around Los Angeles | Business Insider