Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Facebook Knows A Cult When It Sees One | ZeroHedge
- Tiffany Tumbles After Missing EPS, Slashing Guidance; Blames Strong Dollar, "Volatile, Uncertain Conditions" | ZeroHedge
- Carsonnochio Strikes Again - "Walks Back" Comments He Saw Muslims Cheering On 9/11 | ZeroHedge
- 5 Signs Of America's Decaying Society | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- Argentina Throws Out The Peronists In "Historic" Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Iran, Russia vow to oppose 'external attempts'... | Business Insider
- Yellen defends near-zero rates to consumer advocate Nader... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Tens of thousands shivering without power in Washington... | Business Insider