Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump On Hillary: "If She Were A Man She Wouldn't Get 5%" | ZeroHedge
- Congress Fixes "Sexist" Draft - Votes To Require Women To Register For Selection | ZeroHedge
- Former House Speaker And "Serial Child Molester" Dennis Hastert Sentenced To 15 Months In Prison | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Soars To $46 - Highest In 5 Months | ZeroHedge
- The New All-Time High in SPY That Was Considered Impossible | Financial Sense
- Focused On The Wrong End Of Oil | ZeroHedge
- Why One Trader Believes The BOJ Made A "Massive Misstep" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LARRY FINK: There's a '20% chance' China's debt bubble... | Business Insider
- The ultimate guide to maximizing your productivity throughout the day | Business Insider
- RANKED: The 10 movies most likely to dominate this summer | Business Insider
- Border patrol agents want more drones and... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The lawyer for the sole surviving suspected Paris attacker had some surprising... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, cmg, twtr, aapl, cmcsa) | Business Insider