Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Reminder About the New Weekly Strategy Session Look | iBankCoin.com
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- Canadian Capital On Lock Down As A Result Of Ongoing "Terrorist" Shooting Incident - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
- Biotechs Hit Record High, +11.5% From Yellen's "Stretched Valuations" Warning | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Recovery Has Been Canceled Due To Data Revisions | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This Clever App Scans And Solves Math Problems Instantly Using... | Business Insider
- NBA Assistant Coach Rips Kobe Bryant, Says He's Like Wizards-Era Michael Jordan Now... | Business Insider
- One Of The Best Managers In Baseball Just Took A... | Business Insider
- 4 Fraternity Brothers At The University... | Business Insider
- Uber: Don't Worry If You Rode In The NYC Ebola Car! | Business Insider
- Why Soaring Chromebook Sales Are Great News for Google, Acer, Samsung and HP | TheStreet.com