Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What's Driving This Ramp? The Biggest Short Squeeze In 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Clinton's Plan For Millennials: Loan Forgiveness | ZeroHedge
- At Least 28 Killed After Suicide Attackers Set Off Blasts At Istanbul's Ataturk Airport - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Algos Are Winning Again (In Trading The Brexit Chaos) | ZeroHedge
- Kuroda Is Trapped As The BOJ Can't Ease Any Further: Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders: The World Is Rejecting Globalization | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Of Downside Risk To $50 Oil Forecast Due To Ceasefire With Niger Delta Avengers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Over 1 million unclaimed bodies are buried on a little-known island in New York... | Business Insider
- Why Cleveland Cavs owner Dan Gilbert cofounded a 'stock... | Business Insider
- One of Asia’s liveliest democracies might have just taken... | Business Insider
- Why big-name actors love doing animated movies, according to Oscar winner J.K.... | Business Insider
- Wink will add Uber, Fitbit, and IFTTT to its smart home... | Business Insider
- UK politicians want Donald Trump to stop sending... | Business Insider
- The Olympics will come and go but Zika is here to... | Business Insider