Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- To Citi, "The Failure Of ECB QE Looks Clear" And The Global Reserve Unwind Will Only Make It Worse | ZeroHedge
- Demoralizing Grind | iBankCoin.com
- Meanwhile, In Sweden, Banks Are Refusing To Open Savings Accounts | ZeroHedge
- The QE End-Game Decision Tree: Not "If" But "When" Central Banks Lose Control | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: The Rise Of The Inhumanes | ZeroHedge
- California – A Deluge Followed by Mega Drought? | Financial Sense
- Exposing The Lie Behind The "Strong Jobs Recovery" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biden to test political waters in Florida as he mulls 2016... | Business Insider
- Twitter just made a big leadership change to its struggling... | Business Insider
- Federal Sony data breach lawsuit settled, lawyer says | Business Insider
- Chung claims interference in FIFA presidential poll | Business Insider
- Enough about China, everyone's forgetting about 2 major drags on the economy | Business Insider
- Ebola transmissions over in Liberia, enters 90-day watch | Business Insider
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed... | Business Insider