Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Emerging Markets Come Back? | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: March 7 | ZeroHedge
- I No Longer Want To Be A Coal Man | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Futures Unchanged Ahead Of Jobs Number Following First Ever Chinese Corporate Bond Default | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine: Three Views | Financial Sense
- India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Insane Photos Of The Marine Silent Drill Team Performing With Blue Angels Overhead... | Business Insider
- This Is Why It Feels Like Apple Stopped Innovating... | Business Insider
- I ♥ New York Logo Designer Made A Gorgeous Psychedelic 'Mad Men' Season 7 Poster | Business Insider
- Here's What You Should Really Be Eating For Breakfast | Business Insider
- FIDELITY: Here's Where We Are In The Business Cycle | Business Insider
- BEACONS: What They Are, How They Work, And Why Apple's iBeacon Technology... | Business Insider
- The Hottest New Job Title In Silicon Valley: 'Spy' | Business Insider