Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Endangered Species: The Self-Employed Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Is The USA Manipulating Its Own Currency Before An Important IMF Meeting? | ZeroHedge
- Kondratieff Waves and the Greater Depression (Update) | Financial Sense
- U.S. Fears a European “Lehman Brothers” | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rises After API Reports First Inventory Draw In 16 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Following "Terrorist-Fighting" Ban On Cash, France Passes "Le Patriot Act" | ZeroHedge
- Collaboration, Adaptation and Risk: Innovate or Die | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Confused by native advertising jargon? Get answers at IGNITION 2015 | Business Insider
- 'Star Wars VIII' to be filmed in Britain | Business Insider
- Here's what Cisco employees think about their new CEO (CSCO)... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- This seat in Northern Ireland could help decide the General... | Business Insider
- I just looked into sending out my... | Business Insider
- A little volatility won't derail this market | Business Insider