Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2017: Euphoria...Then Panic | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Explains The Stakes For Trump And All Of Us | ZeroHedge
- Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 | Financial Sense
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- The Cancer Of War: U.S. Admits To Using Radioactive Munitions In Syria | ZeroHedge
- McCain Responds To Trump's Tweet: "That's How Dictators Get Started" | ZeroHedge
- The FBI Is Pursuing Three Separate Probes Into "Russian Hacking" Of The Elections | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the ‘French Bill Gates’ Alexandre Mars... | Business Insider
- A senior Trump appointee was fired after criticizing the... | Business Insider
- A high-profile hedge fund sent a letter explaining all the reasons it... | Business Insider
- There’s an alliance growing between Saudi Arabia and Israel — and Iran should... | Business Insider
- This is what happens inside your body when you flex your fingers | Business Insider
- Here's why New York's tech sector will surpass... | Business Insider
- A man who flew around the world for 3 months on less than $1,000 shares his best... | Business Insider