Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- The Situation In Syria Is Very, Very Dangerous | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: September 30 | ZeroHedge
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler, One Week After Telling Brussels "F**k You" | ZeroHedge
- Outflows From Active Funds Surpass A Record $200 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Congress Gets "Case Of Rapid-Onset Buyer's Remorse" One Day After Passing 9/11 Bill | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 coolest airline paint jobs in the world | Business Insider
- The 25 most valuable liquor brands in the world | Business Insider
- In some states, raising the age for adult court is the easy part | Business Insider
- Ex-Chipotle worker wins $7.6 million in suit claiming the chain was a '... | Business Insider
- Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf is back on Capitol... | Business Insider
- Millionaire entrepreneur Bethenny Frankel says money doesn... | Business Insider
- Here's how payday loan alternative LendUp messed up | Business Insider