Golden Crossovers (ARLP,CME,GEF,TNC,BMY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is when the 50 day moving average crosses the 200 day moving average. It is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alliance Resource Partners LP (ARLP) is currently trading at $63.7. Its 52 week range is between $50.42 and $80.1.
CME Group Inc (CME) is currently trading at $57.66. Its 52 week range is between $47.31 and $60.92.
Greif Inc (GEF) is currently trading at $47.05. Its 52 week range is between $38.78 and $56.88.
Tennant Co (TNC) is currently trading at $46.51. Its 52 week range is $34.79 and $49.19.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (BMY) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $30.64 and $36.71.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 70% Of Americans See Economy Worsening, Consumer Comfort Collapses By Most In 10 Month | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Shocker: Quarterly Increase In Wages Is Smallest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Chinese Farmer Loses Life Savings | Financial Sense
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
- Dow 5000? Charles Nenner Discusses His Cycle Theory and Predictions for the Market | Financial Sense
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to disable the excessively loud emergency alerts on your iPhone | Business Insider
- US hits Russian firms and people with more sanctions | Business Insider
- 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation' may be the most fun movie you... | Business Insider
- Yahoo just bought the social shopping startup Polyvore (YHOO) | Business Insider
- After a massive federal data breach, use of stronger... | Business Insider
- Tinder is getting closer to going public and it could be worth up to $3 billion (IACI) | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com