LinkedIn Shareholders: Look out Below
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) shares are trading at $179.97, just 3% from its 12 month high. The good times can't keep going forever on this Facebook for 'Professionals'.
Classic Head and Shoulders pattern as the chart shows below. What in the hell are we talking about?On the technical analysis chart, the Head and Shoulders formation occurs when a price trend is in the process of reversal either from a bullish or bearish trend; a characteristic pattern takes shape and is recognized as reversal formation.
LinkedIn has gone on a tear in 2013, YTD the stock is up 56%. Thanks to that massive increase LinkedIn's market cap is now $19.6 billion. If only they were worth $22.5 billion which is how much market cap Apple lost today (check out Stocks Suck even Apple).
If LinkedIN breaks down, the next stop will be the 50 day MA, which is currently just below the $170 level. Depending on Market conditions and its earnings report on May 1st, LNKD could freefall all the way down to the 200 day MA, which is $125 a share. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Morning Has Broken: A Deep Dive Into The Trading Patterns Of The American Retail Invetor | ZeroHedge
- Sold Off My Oils | iBankCoin.com
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
- Chinese Man Jumps From 17th Floor In First Stock Market Casualty | ZeroHedge
- Freeport-McMoRan Up Nearly 50% Today After Carl Icahn Goes Activist, Announces 8.5% Stake | ZeroHedge
- Bears Are "Covering" Everywhere, Especially Here | ZeroHedge
- Joe Biden's Son Blames "Russian Agents" For Ashley Madison Profile | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Austrian Police: at least 20 migrants found dead in truck | Business Insider
- 'Get out': Life sentences for US cinema shooter | Business Insider
- For the first time, 1 billion people used Facebook in a... | Business Insider
- Lawyer: Former franchisee alerted Subway about Fogle | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Christmas in August: Wal-Mart's holiday layaway comes... | Business Insider
- South African prototype may solve solar power problem | Business Insider