The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FX Volatility Crashes As Traders Unwind "Existential Euro" Hedges | ZeroHedge
- Voting at the NYC French Consulate | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Breaks Below Key Technical Support, Hits 5-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Yale Psychiatrists Just Warned There Is Something Seriously Wrong With Trump | ZeroHedge
- Prisons Of Pleasure Or Pain: Huxley's 'Brave New World' Vs. Orwell's '1984' | ZeroHedge
- IMF Drops Pledge To "Resist All Forms Of Protectionism" | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Winning horse in presidential race was Trojan | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 14 ways HBO's 'Silicon Valley' nailed the real tech... | Business Insider
- An existential threat looms over Mark... | Business Insider
- Trump is getting slammed for saying 'congratulations'... | Business Insider
- I revamped my work wardrobe with almost no effort with this personal shopping service... | Business Insider
- Why you need to be watching 'Feud: Bette and Joan' | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- We tried KFC 'superior' chicken sandwich to challenge McDonald's, Wendy's... | Business Insider