The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Foreign Buyers Continue to Inflate Global Residential Real Estate Bubbles - This Will End Badly | ZeroHedge
- Wasserman Schultz: "I Am Not Going To Gavel In The Convention" | ZeroHedge
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- The Girl Child Arrives | Financial Sense
- Here's Why The New DNC Chair Is About To Make Bernie Supporters Just As Angry | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chris Froome just won a wild Tour de France — here are the 6 most unforgettable... | Business Insider
- If you’re a total beginner to coding, this online course is the place to... | Business Insider
- 21 ways to negotiate the salary you want | Business Insider
- A Harvard psychologist who explains how our iPhones are giving us bad posture... | Business Insider
- These are the 21 best used cars for first-time drivers | Business Insider
- MARISSA MAYER: I'm planning to stay | Business Insider
- Alert: Fintech revolution hits roadblocks | Business Insider