The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- Competitive Theories: “Deflation Warning” vs. “Inflation Is Nearly Everywhere” | Financial Sense
- Last Minute Fizzle Fails To Dent Best 3-Day Stock Surge In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- The "North Korea Hacking" Scandal As Explained By The Taiwanese Animators | ZeroHedge
- Credit & Volatlity Are Flashing Red, "But We Aren't In A Crisis, Are We?" | ZeroHedge
- Does Russia Present a Systemic Threat to Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- It Cost Ukraine's Government $4 Billion To Get Re-Elected | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Men's Watches To Give At Every Price Point | Business Insider
- 8 Stylish Gifts That Will Arrive By Christmas Eve | Business Insider
- Here's When All Your Favorite Shows Are Returning To TV | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- "Earthquake" needed to change 2022 World Cup -... | Business Insider
- Nike’s Storming Q2 Earnings Show It Is On Its Way... | Business Insider
- 6 Things Power Couples Do To Make Love Last While Conquering The World | Business Insider