The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Brits Really Voted "Leave" (In 3 Simple Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rogers: Brexit Blowback "Worse Than Any Bear Market You've Ever Seen" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "There's No Escaping The Fact That This Is A Class War" | ZeroHedge
- Jordanian Intelligence Has Been Stealing US Arms Intended For Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- The Rebellion Is Real; Brexit Was Merely A Warning | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- Bonds & Bullion Bid But Brexit Blowback Batters Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Brexit hasn't caused another Lehman Brothers crisis — yet | Business Insider
- From Colombia to New York City: The narconomics of cocaine | Business Insider
- These scenes were the best part of 'Game of Thrones' season six — and we want... | Business Insider
- The sequels that are bombing badly at the box office this year | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Jon Snow's parents on 'Game of... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump escalates attacks on Elizabeth Warren: She's a '... | Business Insider