The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Iceland Sounds Alarm After Largest Volcano Rocked By Big Earthquake Cluster | ZeroHedge
- “Why Case Against Gold Is Wrong” - James Rickards | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Kurt Kallaus: Slow Growth Persists but US Recession Likely Still Years Away | Financial Sense
- Obama Admits 10,000 Syrian Refugees: This Is Where They Are Headed | ZeroHedge
- Why Everyone Should Have Left Wyoming With A Smile | ZeroHedge
- New Lidar Chips for Self-Driving Vehicles Are Smaller Than a Dime, Cost $10 to Manufacture | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'A very wise decision': Donald Trump reacts to Huma Abedin... | Business Insider
- Audi is reportedly building an electric luxury sedan to take on Tesla | Business Insider
- The Italian Coast Guard rescued 6,500 migrants in a single day | Business Insider
- Report: The US's new $13 billion aircraft carrier is 'premature'... | Business Insider
- The 6 best items on Chipotle's secret menu | Business Insider
- Here are all of Rihanna's incredible performances at the 2016 MTV VMAs | Business Insider
- Watch Joe Scarborough mock Trump’s... | Business Insider