The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Leverage Mismatches" - Why Q-ECB May Not Be A Favorable Development | ZeroHedge
- The Skies Above New York Right Now, After Blizzard Of 2015 Downgraded To Junk | ZeroHedge
- Energy Stocks: Where’s the Bottom? | Financial Sense
- Acropolis Now: Currencies & Crude Tumble But Stocks Levitate On Massive Short Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- France 'Proves' Q€ Is Entirely Useless | ZeroHedge
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
- The Timestamps Begin: "The Impact Of The Blizzard On Employment Will Be Near Zero" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Stocks Haven't Been This Expensive In 10 Years | Business Insider
- One-Fifth Of Russian Banks Could Collapse In 2015 | Business Insider
- NYC Looks Like A Ghost Town As People Stay Out Of The... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (MSFT, AAPL, FB, GOOG, AMZN, IBM... | Business Insider
- What Are Traders Chatting About This Morning? Syriza's Win And The East Coast Blizzard ... (... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com