The Motley Fool is Misleading about TMUS short interest.
You know what really grinds my gears? The Motley Fool - home of the most useless financial writers on the internets.
In their latest misleading article titled: Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried? the author bashes T-Mobile, pointing towards a 63% increase in short interest. While this is technically true, the short interest in TMUS is a mere 7%. This is far from "piling into this stock". In fact, if we look at the short interest history via the Nasdaq, we see quite a different story. If one were to look at 2 months of short interest instead of looking at a mere 15 days, one would notice that short interest is actually down 60% over 60 days.
The Motley Fool then proceeds to bash T-Mobile some more, saying that the company has no competitive advantage against AT&T and Verizon. This is clearly not reality as T-Mobile has changed the game recently with its new pricing structures. In fact, just today the stock rallied 3% on news that it has returned to growth in contract customers for the first time in 3 years - and 6 months ahead of schedule.
Motley Fool, welcome to Tard Town:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Yesterday's Market Selloff Turn "Emotional": Here Are The Key Indicators RBC Is Looking At | ZeroHedge
- Credibility Of Cyber Firm That Claimed Russia Hacked The DNC Comes Under Serious Question | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- Republican Confidence Soars To 9 Year Highs As Democrats' Comfort Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Swedes Begin Construction Of Police Fortress In "Little Mogadishu" | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd One Out - New Home Sales Spike To 7-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Former Attorney for George W. Bush, Richard Painter, Says Alt-Right Websites Are Guilty of Treason | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The marijuana industry could reach $22 billion in revenue by... | Business Insider
- ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr has a major shakeup in which teams he is projecting to... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin spikes above $1,000 | Business Insider
- The 25 most beautiful buildings in the world, according to architects | Business Insider
- 'Iron Fist' creator thinks fans shouldn't care that the hero... | Business Insider
- A shocking new study just disproved the 130-year-... | Business Insider
- Mexico’s mass graves illustrate a horrifying norm for those living in cartel-land | Business Insider