Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Initial Claims In Line With Expectations, Not Nearly As Bad As Needed To Send Stocks Higher | ZeroHedge
- Emerging Problems | iBankCoin.com
- Breakout in Bond Yields Foreshadows Possible Economic Acceleration | Financial Sense
- Explaining This Week’s Market Jitters In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: May 23 | ZeroHedge
- Some of You Will Sleep On It… | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Battle Between Your Present And Future Self | Business Insider
- The Illegal Street-Racing Story That Inspired The 'Fast And Furious... | Business Insider
- Procter & Gamble Investors Cheer Lafley, but Bounce Won't Last | TheStreet.com
- Sweet Minimalist Movie Posters Of Your All-Time Favorite Flicks | Business Insider
- Gundlach: 'We Own Apple' (Update 1) | TheStreet.com
- BOEHNER: It's 'Inconceivable' That Obama Didn't... | Business Insider
- 15 Startups Leading The Hardware Revolution | Business Insider