Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secular Trends in New Residential Building Permits and Housing Starts | Financial Sense
- Police Takedown 101: U.S. Vs UK | ZeroHedge
- Chinese IPO 826 Times Oversubscribed | ZeroHedge
- There Ain't Enough Bourbon In Kentucky | ZeroHedge
- Investor Opinions Have Become Extremely Uniform, and That's Not Good | Financial Sense
- Crude Carnage Continues - WTI Hits 1-Month Low | ZeroHedge
- Another Decapitator-in-Chief Of America's Working Class | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Singapore Airlines Airbus jet lost power on all of its engines... | Business Insider
- Hundreds gather in Nepal capital to mark one month... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- This tech CEO is doing something that's... | Business Insider
- Norwich down Middlesbrough to win promotion jackpot | Business Insider
- LeBron James is the most powerful player in the NBA — here's how he always... | Business Insider
- England beat New Zealand in first Test | Business Insider