Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan's Broken Economy - 25 Years Of Failed "Stimulus" & "Temporary Illusions" | ZeroHedge
- Governments Are Tightening the Noose on Tax Evasion | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: Much Ado About Restrooms | ZeroHedge
- In Historic First, Singapore Shuts Local Private Bank Due To "Worst Gross Misconduct" Is Has Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 168 – Tony Hawk: Don’t Stand Still | Altucher Confidential
- All You Need To Know About The China Boom-Bust Cycle In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Stronger Dollar Sends Futures Higher, Oil Lower, Asian Stocks To Two Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tech billionaire Chris Sacca... | Business Insider
- The threesome app being sued by Tinder... | Business Insider
- 152 prison inmates in the US have served extra time... | Business Insider
- Facebook is changing its internal Trending Topics guidelines after report... | Business Insider
- 13 times companies killed products too soon and broke our hearts | Business Insider
- Greece just started clearing a makeshift migrant camp where... | Business Insider
- Half of Netflix subscribers think its content is getting... | Business Insider