Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Beyond Iran And Pakistan: 7 Nuclear Wannabes | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
- Turkey Devolves Into A Full Police State: Law Grants Unlimited Powers To Weaponized Police Force | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 27 | ZeroHedge
- Greek Deputy FinMin Confirms Athens Is "Prepared For Rift" With Europe | ZeroHedge
- "I'm Not Stupid" Monsanto Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Weedkiller After Proclaiming "It Won't Hurt You" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Random Musings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why the iPad business is cratering, in one chart (AAPL) | Business Insider
- GameStop shares are getting whacked after earnings miss expectations (GME) | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A huge gamer convention that threatened to withdraw from Indiana over its 'anti-... | Business Insider
- Unboxing: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- An anonymous administration... | Business Insider