Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Just 3 Energy Charts | ZeroHedge
- THAT WAS A KILL | iBankCoin.com
- "Something Changed" - Comparing E-Mini Liquidity In 2009, 2012 And Today | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Morning Look | iBankCoin.com
- Artist's Impression Of Obama's Iran Nuclear Policy | ZeroHedge
- How The Fed Masterfully Punk'd Algos Into A Stock Buying Frenzy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How The Hackers Broke Into Sony And Why It Could Happen To Any Company | Business Insider
- Takata vows to step up airbag safety effort in open... | Business Insider
- Apple Forced To Stop Online Sales In Russia (AAPL) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- This Power Couple Has Found The Key To Staying Happy While Working Insane Hours | Business Insider
- 16 Items That Are Cheaper At Costco | Business Insider
- Rite Aid Surges on Profit Guidance: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com