Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Jog: Deutsche Bank's Demand Deposits Tumble By 13% In Q3 | ZeroHedge
- RBC: "That Is VaR Crushing DV01 Destruction At Its Finest" | ZeroHedge
- Snapchat To Raise Up To $4 Billion In IPO, Valuing Company As Much As $40 Billion | ZeroHedge
- "This Is About Whiteness" UC Berkeley Students Segregate Campus, Block Bridge With Human Wall | ZeroHedge
- Two CSX Trains Collide Head On In Chester, Pennsylvania | ZeroHedge
- Lack Of Demand Greets Sale Of 5 Year Treasuries In Another Tailing Auction | ZeroHedge
- Trigger-Free Trick-Or-Treat Guide To Halloween Costumes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NFL's TV ratings are down and the World Series suggests the presidential... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk: Demand is high for Tesla's newest car (TSLA) | Business Insider
- A group of undecided voters in a major battleground state... | Business Insider
- 'Doctor Strange' is the trippiest Marvel movie yet... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the $3,000 Surface Studio... | Business Insider
- Netflix's 'Black Mirror' will make you want to toss your phone into the... | Business Insider
- The Philippines' drug war is entering... | Business Insider