Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peter Schiff And Doug Casey On The "Real" State Of The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Deal Or No Deal? Argentina Declared In Selective Default, Holds Press Conference - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Goodbye July | iBankCoin.com
- Profile Of A Sanctioned Russian Billionaire: Putin's Judo Coach | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble On Espirito Santo Loss, European Deflation, Argentina Default | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Failure Complicates Its Endgame | ZeroHedge
- We’re Not Done Going Higher | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lands' End Announces Science-Themed Shirts For Girls After One Mom's... | Business Insider
- Chrysler Auto Sales Jump (F, GM, TM) | Business Insider
- The House GOP Border Plan Just Blew Up In Its Face | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- There's A Big Rumor Going Around About How Argentina Can Be Rescued | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Here's Why Rising Rates Can Be Good For Bond Investors | Business Insider