Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Breaking The Correlation Curse | ZeroHedge
- Portland "Orecrats" Target Income Inequality: Pass Massive 25% Tax On Corps With "Excessive CEO Pay" | ZeroHedge
- India Confiscates Gold, Even Jewelry, In Raids On Hidden Money | ZeroHedge
- Presenting SocGen's "Most Frightening Credit Chart" | ZeroHedge
- European Bond Yields Spike, Bank Stocks Soar, EUR Tumbles After Draghi Surprise | ZeroHedge
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets With Trump To Discuss Creation Of "Millions Of Green Jobs" | ZeroHedge
- Company Issues Press Release To Report Its Market Cap Hits $1 Billion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More consumers than ever before say they are positive about the economy after Trump's surprise win | Business Insider
- China will step up air force patrols near... | Business Insider
- It's becoming less and less likely that Sears can save itself (SHLD) | Business Insider
- Uber changed its app icon... again | Business Insider
- Here's how the Internet of Things will explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- Spotify backs out of SoundCloud acquisition | Business Insider
- A financial expert reveals when you should pay off your credit card... | Business Insider