Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Last Sunday’s Analysis of the Biotechnology Sector At-Large | iBankCoin.com
- Bitcoin Has Theory and History on Its Side | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Acting President Loses It Over "Crime Against Nation" Crimea Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Market Does What It Wants to Do | Financial Sense
- RuSSia: EXPoSeD To THe WoRLD'S CoNTeMPT... | ZeroHedge
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- Profits Will Come, Ray | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There Is A Simple Solution For The Short-Sleeve Jerseys NBA Player's Hate | Business Insider
- This Chart Shows How Utterly Humans Dominate Earth's Land Mammals | Business Insider
- A New Poll Has Some Bad News For NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio | Business Insider
- In The Middle Of China's Biggest Ghost City, There Is A Monument To... | Business Insider
- Here's Who Came Up With Harry Reid's Infamous 'Addicted To Koch... | Business Insider
- 5 Subliminal Sex Messages Hidden In Ads For Wholesome Brands | Business Insider
- The 27 Coolest Cars At The Geneva Motor Show | Business Insider