Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I Did 200 Podcasts With My Heroes. This is What I Learned… | Altucher Confidential
- "Get Paid Fighting Against Trump" - Ads Across American Cities Reportedly Offer Money To Inauguration Agitators | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tells Democrats Boycotting Inauguration: "I Hope They Give Me Their Tickets, We Need Seats So Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Playing The Trump Effect On FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- Proposed Tax Changes and How to Benefit from Them | Financial Sense
- Ackman's Pershing Square Busted For Violating Pay-To-Play Rule; Fined $75,000 | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Beats, Profits Surge As Trading Revenues Jump; Average Banker Comp Hits $338,600 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'He's exhausting the American public... | Business Insider
- $3.8 billion Slack is making a little change to solve a big problem with its... | Business Insider
- The creator of Timehop now works for Snapchat | Business Insider
- State Department spokesperson: John Kerry to miss... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert blasts Trump for taking off his first weekend as... | Business Insider
- 4 types of shoes that are perfect for travelers | Business Insider
- 34 giant Chinese infrastructure projects that are reshaping the... | Business Insider