Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Positioning to Normalize Policy | Financial Sense
- Inflation Pressures in Core Food Components | ZeroHedge
- Updating You on My Chess Game | iBankCoin.com
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- European Close Sends S&P Tumbling Back Below 2,000 | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: How Can You Tell Whether Russia Has Invaded Ukraine? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Pakistan minister condemns protests as lawmakers back PM | Business Insider
- As woes mount, economic stats vanish in Venezuela | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Parents of tumour boy held in Spain as sympathy grows | Business Insider
- iPhone 6 Sales Will Be So Big That They'll Move The Needle On Chinese Exports... | Business Insider
- All The Ways Your Kids Can Now Customize Their Toys | Business Insider