Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Devaluation Bets Surge, Stocks Crash As Debt Deal Falters On 9/11 Legislation Anxiety | ZeroHedge
- "Russian Roulette" - Credit Suisse CEO Admits "EU Banks Not Really Investable" | ZeroHedge
- Do You Really Own Your Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Contemplates Buying Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- John Kerry Gives Russia An Ultimatum: Stop Bombing Aleppo Or All Cooperation Ends | ZeroHedge
- US Bonds, Stocks Rally As Most Systemically Dangerous Bank In The World Collapses | ZeroHedge
- Madness Swirls At House Judiciary Committee As Comey Attempts To Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is Elon Musk's plan to begin colonizing Mars by 2022 | Business Insider
- Former Navy SEAL commanders explain why they still wake up before dawn every day... | Business Insider
- UBS has made a marquee hire in New York | Business Insider
- Wells Fargo's CEO is giving up $41 million over the phony... | Business Insider
- 10 tips to live richly now while still saving for retirement... | Business Insider
- Why Snapchat’s Spectacles are going to (finally) make life logging cool | Business Insider
- A trendy NYC restaurant didn't find out the Obamas were coming... | Business Insider