Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- I am Prepared For All Eventualities | iBankCoin.com
- I Asked For Pain, So Here it Is | iBankCoin.com
- 5 Things To Ponder: Aircraft Erudition | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 17 | ZeroHedge
- World Ponders Life After US Hegemony | ZeroHedge
- Japan's "Over 65" Rise To Record 33 Million, More Than Double Number Of Children | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 41 pictures that will change how you look at rabbits forever | Business Insider
- Shia LaBeouf participated in an interesting exercise while in rehab | Business Insider
- 'CRYING ON WALL STREET' If Comcast's $45 billion mega-deal falls... | Business Insider
- War of words as Armenians fight for genocide... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- This is what $424 million worth of cocaine looks like | Business Insider
- Apple just unveiled a ton of new Apple Watch Sport band colors | Business Insider