Moving Average Golden Crosses (CTL,PLT,DNKN,CIEN,SPWR)
Here are the Master's picks:
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
CenturyLink Inc (CTL) is currently trading at $39.73. Its 52 week range is between $36.31 and $43.43.
Plantronics Inc (PLT) is currently trading at $37.15. Its 52 week range is between $28.76 and $40.82.
Dunkin' Brands Group Inc (DNKN) is currently trading at $34.11. Its 52 week range is between $25.2 and $37.02.
Ciena Corp (CIEN) is currently trading at $15.46. Its 52 week range is $11.44 and $18.39.
SunPower Corp (SPWR) is currently trading at $7.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.71 and $9.54.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Go Vertical, Just Because | ZeroHedge
- The "Calpers vs Hedge Funds" Debate In Just Two Charts | ZeroHedge
- Lifting The Fog Of Pretense | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Has A Message For Its European Depositors: "We May Charge You" | ZeroHedge
- A Heatmap Of Global CapEx In An Ex-CapEx World | ZeroHedge
- US Industrial Production Follows China; Misses With Biggest Drop Since Jan | ZeroHedge
- UK Hints At Next Reserve Currency, To Issue Chinese Yuan-Denominated Bond | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Security Flaw In Amazon's Kindle Library Could Allow Anyone To Take... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Use This Guide To Watch Scottish Referendum Night Like A Champ | Business Insider
- Why the Fed Should Hold Off Signaling Higher Rates for Now | TheStreet.com
- Producer Prices Flat In August (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- Player Plays Dead On Fake Punt, Gets Pummeled When It Goes Horribly Wrong | Business Insider