3 Bottom Fishing Stocks to close out 2012
Three stocks that are now comfortably off their 12 month lows are shares of Dendreon Corp (DNDN), Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CROX), and Crocs Inc (CROX). These are great bottom fishing plays and they could really bounce if we don't go off the 'Fiscal Cliff'.
Both Crocs (CROX) and Chipotle (CMG) are trading 12% above their 12 month lows. Dendreon (DNDN) is now 22% from its 52-week low. All three of these stocks have bottomed and are starting to regain market share. What we like about these stocks is they are very popular. They tend to trade with a great deal of volume, a few hundred thousand shares at the minimum. That means you can cash these stocks out if they don't move as you expect.
We started to warm up to Chipotle back in October, recall our article Chewing on Chipotle. The stock has finally bottomed and we listed a ton of reasons why its a buy. Now that CMG is in the $200 range and done crashing to new lows -- its starting to look attractive.
Like we said last month, Dendreon was worth the Gamble. Review that article to learn why Dendreon is a buy. Now that its 12% off its recent 12 month low, its time to start a position.
Crocs tends to follow the bullish and bearish trends of the market. This soccer mom / children's / nurse footwear play is worth a few bucks and it trades with a respectable P/E ratio. If the Fiscal Cliff problems are solved, this stock will bounce higher.
Bottom line: Don't bet the farm on these 3 stocks. Play the trend as these stocks move higher and go for the 5% to 10% gain. Don't be greedy. These stocks can fall back to their recent lows.
Let's recap our 3 bottom fishing stock picks for the end of 2012:
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) shares are trading under $5 at $4.73 a share. Dendreon shares have traded between $3.69 and $17.04 over the past 12 months.
Crocs Inc (CROX) shares have traded between $12 and $22.59 over the past 12 months. CROX shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.6 and EPS of 1.54.
Crocs is trading at $13.64 and its shares are 12.02% from its 52-week low.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) shares have a 52-week range between $233 and $442. over the past 12 months. CMG shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 30.8 and EPS of 8.6.
Chipotle is trading at $266.51 and its shares are 12.27% from its 52-week low.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Comfort Plunges For Longest Streak In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- FaKe FIFA WoRLD CuP MoMeNT... | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Drop To 7-Week Lows - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- An Insane Financial World | ZeroHedge
- Crude Prices Bounce On Inventory Draw Despite Biggest Production Spike In 19 Months | ZeroHedge
- Need To Manipulate Markets? Just Email The Bank Of England At firstname.lastname@example.org | ZeroHedge
- Julian Assange On The TPP: "Deal Isn't About Trade, It's About Corporate Control" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the secret rules for getting your app to the top of Apple’s App Store (AAPL... | Business Insider
- David Cameron is touring the EU to try and stop... | Business Insider
- Afghan police end Taliban siege of Kabul guesthouse | Business Insider
- What causes the most fatal car crashes in each US state | Business Insider
- FIFA: This is a 'good day' for the organisation | Business Insider
- Take a tour of the $367 million jet that will soon be called Air Force One | Business Insider
- Broadcom spikes 17% on reported buyout talks (BRCM, AVGO) | Business Insider