3 Bottom Fishing Stocks to close out 2012
Three stocks that are now comfortably off their 12 month lows are shares of Dendreon Corp (DNDN), Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CROX), and Crocs Inc (CROX). These are great bottom fishing plays and they could really bounce if we don't go off the 'Fiscal Cliff'.
Both Crocs (CROX) and Chipotle (CMG) are trading 12% above their 12 month lows. Dendreon (DNDN) is now 22% from its 52-week low. All three of these stocks have bottomed and are starting to regain market share. What we like about these stocks is they are very popular. They tend to trade with a great deal of volume, a few hundred thousand shares at the minimum. That means you can cash these stocks out if they don't move as you expect.
We started to warm up to Chipotle back in October, recall our article Chewing on Chipotle. The stock has finally bottomed and we listed a ton of reasons why its a buy. Now that CMG is in the $200 range and done crashing to new lows -- its starting to look attractive.
Like we said last month, Dendreon was worth the Gamble. Review that article to learn why Dendreon is a buy. Now that its 12% off its recent 12 month low, its time to start a position.
Crocs tends to follow the bullish and bearish trends of the market. This soccer mom / children's / nurse footwear play is worth a few bucks and it trades with a respectable P/E ratio. If the Fiscal Cliff problems are solved, this stock will bounce higher.
Bottom line: Don't bet the farm on these 3 stocks. Play the trend as these stocks move higher and go for the 5% to 10% gain. Don't be greedy. These stocks can fall back to their recent lows.
Let's recap our 3 bottom fishing stock picks for the end of 2012:
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) shares are trading under $5 at $4.73 a share. Dendreon shares have traded between $3.69 and $17.04 over the past 12 months.
Crocs Inc (CROX) shares have traded between $12 and $22.59 over the past 12 months. CROX shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.6 and EPS of 1.54.
Crocs is trading at $13.64 and its shares are 12.02% from its 52-week low.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) shares have a 52-week range between $233 and $442. over the past 12 months. CMG shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 30.8 and EPS of 8.6.
Chipotle is trading at $266.51 and its shares are 12.27% from its 52-week low.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- Bond Risk Crashes To 2-Year Lows As VIX Shorts Fold | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- The Obama Gun "Super Owner" - New Study Finds 50% Of Guns Owned By Just 3% Of Population | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- The Wedge That's Driving Facebook's Stock | ZeroHedge
- Washington Mall Shooter Caught: Suspect Is 20 Year Old Turkish Immigrant | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on... | Business Insider
- The 20 hottest housing markets in America | Business Insider
- A driverless future is coming — but it won't start with... | Business Insider
- The suspected Washington state mall shooter has been... | Business Insider
- One of the biggest hedge funds in the world has released a video... | Business Insider
- Here's where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on immigration | Business Insider
- Everyone on Wall Street is talking about the same 2 words | Business Insider