High Yield CD Rates - Forgetaboutit
The best one year (12 month) CD you can lock into today is only at 1.27% APY. They get worse if you are trying to discover a 3 month or 6 month option.
Let's hope at some point certificates of deposit become a better option that can possibly yield 2% or more. Gone are the 12 month 4% APY rates days prior to 2009, we pray they come back at some point.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
The best bang for your buck comes from ALOSTAR, unless you want to lock up your money for 5 years.
Today ALOSTAR Bank of Commerce is offering a 1.27% APY for 12 months. You have to pony up at least $1,000 to get in on this - click for details.
If you are willing to not touch your cash for 3 years then go ahead and sign up for NOVA Bank's offer.
NOVA is offering a CD at 2.00% APY for 3 years. They require at least $500 minimum to open - click for details.
Both CD offers are covered by FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Happy safe investing.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FX: Ranges Persist, though Sterling is Exceptional | ZeroHedge
- The Secret World Of Gold | ZeroHedge
- US, And Global, Military Spending Summed Up In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- It's Time To Retire Gross Domestic Product As A Measure of Prosperity | ZeroHedge
- Peak "Greatest Fool" | ZeroHedge
- Anti-HFT Trading Platform Comes To "Rigged" FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SOCIAL INSIDER: Facebook Location... | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIDER: Twitter To... | Business Insider
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: PayPal On NFC — Wal-Mart Remittances — Worldpay... | Business Insider
- Why Humans Evolved To Like Alcohol | Business Insider
- Alex Rodriguez Sold His Miami Beach Condo For $2.6 Million | Business Insider
- Less Than 24 Hours Later, The Ukraine 'Deal' Is Already Running... | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Robin Williams Lists His Extraordinary Napa Valley... | Business Insider