High Yield CD Rates - Forgetaboutit
The best one year (12 month) CD you can lock into today is only at 1.27% APY. They get worse if you are trying to discover a 3 month or 6 month option.
Let's hope at some point certificates of deposit become a better option that can possibly yield 2% or more. Gone are the 12 month 4% APY rates days prior to 2009, we pray they come back at some point.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
The best bang for your buck comes from ALOSTAR, unless you want to lock up your money for 5 years.
Today ALOSTAR Bank of Commerce is offering a 1.27% APY for 12 months. You have to pony up at least $1,000 to get in on this - click for details.
If you are willing to not touch your cash for 3 years then go ahead and sign up for NOVA Bank's offer.
NOVA is offering a CD at 2.00% APY for 3 years. They require at least $500 minimum to open - click for details.
Both CD offers are covered by FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Happy safe investing.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Preview: FAQ | Financial Sense
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
- Is The BLS Overstating Jobs? | ZeroHedge
- How Much More GDP "Growth" Will Be Due To Obamacare? | ZeroHedge
- European Analogy Of The Day: Greek F-16 Crashes In Spain During NATO Training | ZeroHedge
- What’s Working Today | iBankCoin.com
- The HyPoCRiSY oF A NaTioN... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider Reader, Tell Us More About Yourself! | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Emma Watson Will Play Belle In Disney's Live Action "Beauty and... | Business Insider
- It Looks Like Taylor Swift's Twitter Account Got Hacked By Lizard Squad | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- How to Calculate Total Return for Dividend Stocks (With 3 Examples) | TheStreet.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s New Deal With The NFL | Business Insider