High Yield CD Rates - Forgetaboutit
The best one year (12 month) CD you can lock into today is only at 1.27% APY. They get worse if you are trying to discover a 3 month or 6 month option.
Let's hope at some point certificates of deposit become a better option that can possibly yield 2% or more. Gone are the 12 month 4% APY rates days prior to 2009, we pray they come back at some point.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
The best bang for your buck comes from ALOSTAR, unless you want to lock up your money for 5 years.
Today ALOSTAR Bank of Commerce is offering a 1.27% APY for 12 months. You have to pony up at least $1,000 to get in on this - click for details.
If you are willing to not touch your cash for 3 years then go ahead and sign up for NOVA Bank's offer.
NOVA is offering a CD at 2.00% APY for 3 years. They require at least $500 minimum to open - click for details.
Both CD offers are covered by FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Happy safe investing.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Third hedgeless_horseman's 12 Days of Christmas ~ Gift ideas for the Zero Hedge reader in your life | ZeroHedge
- National Economic Activity Contracted For 3rd Month In A Row, Chicago Fed Signals | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
- 9 Regional Feds Pushed For Discount Rate Hike In October | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Make Statement Over Downed Warplane: Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- The US Has 'Boundary' Problems | ZeroHedge
- Has Deflation Been Defeated? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- London startup Deliveroo has raised... | Business Insider
- Kerry to hold talks with Israeli, Palestinian leaders | Business Insider
- The NBA is drooling over a 19-year-old Australian freshman who looks ready to dominate... | Business Insider
- Paris attacks: Suspect quizzed, Brussels still in lockdown... | Business Insider
- The 19 foods everyone tries to order on Seamless for Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- GOP's Carson says he has capacity to learn foreign... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek