High Yield CD Rates - Forgetaboutit
The best one year (12 month) CD you can lock into today is only at 1.27% APY. They get worse if you are trying to discover a 3 month or 6 month option.
Let's hope at some point certificates of deposit become a better option that can possibly yield 2% or more. Gone are the 12 month 4% APY rates days prior to 2009, we pray they come back at some point.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
The best bang for your buck comes from ALOSTAR, unless you want to lock up your money for 5 years.
Today ALOSTAR Bank of Commerce is offering a 1.27% APY for 12 months. You have to pony up at least $1,000 to get in on this - click for details.
If you are willing to not touch your cash for 3 years then go ahead and sign up for NOVA Bank's offer.
NOVA is offering a CD at 2.00% APY for 3 years. They require at least $500 minimum to open - click for details.
Both CD offers are covered by FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Happy safe investing.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If Chesapeake Does Not Go Bankrupt In Just Over One Month, This Could Be The Trade Of The Year | ZeroHedge
- Charlie Munger On Trump As President: "Anyone Who Makes Money Running A Casino Isn't Morally Qualified" | ZeroHedge
- Inflation Expectations Around The Globe Just Hit Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- HSBC Cancels Pay Freeze After Two Weeks Following "Staff Revolt" | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Drop But Goldman Warns "Recent Jobless Increase Is More Than Just Noise" | ZeroHedge
- "Negative Rates Are Dangerous" OECD Chair Warns "Our Entire System Is Unstable" | ZeroHedge
- Mutual Funds, ETFs at Risk of a Run Warns Stockman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cracks in the global economy are making the oil glut worse | Business Insider
- Here's how much Valentine's Day will cost you this year | Business Insider
- The US will reopen a Cold War submarine hunting base in Iceland | Business Insider
- 5 things to do when you miss a connecting flight | Business Insider
- UPDATE: Here's your US recession ... | Business Insider
- Tennis player hits insane behind-the-back volley that's already being called the 'Shot of the Year... | Business Insider
- NATO is sending warships to intercept people-smugglers in the Mediterranean... | Business Insider