Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Stock Market Won't Crash, Yet" - The Barron's Cover Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Decision To Debate Sanders In California Is His Most Genius Move Yet | ZeroHedge
- The Looting Stage Of Capitalism Begins: Germany's Assault On The IMF | ZeroHedge
- The Utopian Central Bank Financial Market (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- How Bad Are The US Computer Systems? An 8'' Floppy Disc Houses Nuclear Coordinate Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Run, Marco!': Rubio is suddenly under intense pressure to seek reelection | Business Insider
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- 7 essentials every guy needs before heading to the beach | Business Insider
- If your password was affected by the LinkedIn hack, here’s what you should change it to | Business Insider
- FAA opens probe to determine what went wrong in fatal... | Business Insider
- A hacker explains why US nukes controlled by ancient computers is actually a good thing | Business Insider
- Breathtaking poll numbers display the unprecedented nature of the 2016... | Business Insider