Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peak Manipulation: Resorting To Contradictory Headlines To Lift Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Oct 7 - IMF Warns On Worst Global Growth Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Momo Massacre: Biotechs Are Crashing, Turn Red For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- How Did Picasso Create 50,000 Works of Art? | Altucher Confidential
- A "Heroic" Ben Bernanke Blames Congress For Poor Economic Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff: The Fed Has Created A "Bad Is Good" Economy | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Short Squeeze In 4 Years Leads To Longest Winning Streak Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lawyer: Decision on Pistorius' release delayed again | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Crude oil is up 4% (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- The Latest: Turkey says 3 million more may leave Syria | Business Insider
- The incredible story of the... | Business Insider
- This email rant just cost a male Girls in Tech employee his job | Business Insider
- Search off Bahamas for lost ship turns up debris, no... | Business Insider