Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- United Airlines Lifts Nationwide Ground-Stop After IT "Glitch" | ZeroHedge
- Kunstler Warns "Disassembly Of This Vast Array Of Rackets Will Cause Dangerous Friction" | ZeroHedge
- This Video Is For Up-and-Coming Traders (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season So Far: 27 Of 42 Reporting Companies Cite "Trump" Or "Administration" | ZeroHedge
- Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War | Financial Sense
- Turkish Lira Crashes After Central Bank Unexpectedly Keeps Benchmark Repo Rate Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- The Cost Of Regulatory Compliance: $20,000 For Every American Worker | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump signs three executive orders,... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Senate Democrats are set to reveal a $1 trillion... | Business Insider
- This ex-Cisco exec's startup kicked off 2017 by getting a $1 billion valuation that’s... | Business Insider
- The world's most expensive Big Mac is currently in Switzerland | Business Insider
- These are the 40 most eligible people in New York City,... | Business Insider
- Trump moves early to restrict access to... | Business Insider
- 12 subtle signs that your coworkers hate you | Business Insider