Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How I Became More Comfortable With Public Speaking | Altucher Confidential
- Paul Craig Roberts Exposes "The Conspiracy Against President Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Will Thursday's Final TLTRO Finally Spark Carry Trades? | ZeroHedge
- Markets Priced for Perfection, Sentiment Ahead of Actual Growth | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia Downgraded By Fitch To A+ On Soaring Fiscal Deficit, Deteriorating Balance Sheet | ZeroHedge
- This New Bubble Is Even Bigger Than The Subprime Fiasco | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Sound Of The Bottom Falling Out Of The Auto Industry? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Belgium observes a minute of silence exactly one... | Business Insider
- Snap is soaring higher | Business Insider
- US commercial drone use to expand tenfold by 2021... | Business Insider
- This is the perfect online mattress for people with active... | Business Insider
- Google, Apple, and 7 other tech companies hiring for high-paying jobs like... | Business Insider
- Selena Gomez opens up about taking a break from music: 'I was depressed, anxious' | Business Insider
- THE CLOUD COMPUTING REPORT: An... | Business Insider