Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Spring Rebound for Existing Home Sales | Financial Sense
- Russia Warns West "Remove Forces"; Begins Military Exercise On Ukraine Border | ZeroHedge
- The Crowd Mine | Financial Sense
- Fighting the Good Fight at Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- Market Beginning to Shift Inflation Expectations | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Gives Russia 48-Hr Ultimatum Or "We Will Fight" | ZeroHedge
- THEORETICALLY, YOU SHOULD ALL BE DEAD BY TOMORROW | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There Are Still A Ton Of Vacant Homes In America | Business Insider
- Why People Are Obsessed With Teen YouTube Star Bethany Mota | Business Insider
- Stocks Slide Into The Red, Gold Jumps | Business Insider
- Why Under Armour Stock Is Higher This Morning | TheStreet.com
- Here's A Video Of Obama Playing Soccer With A Humanoid Japanese... | Business Insider
- Bridgegate Investigators Subpoena Chris Christie's Spokesman | Business Insider
- A California Politician Wants To Give Tons Of Students 'Free' Tuition — But... | Business Insider