Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Russia-China Launch Biggest Central Asian Military Drill, Testing Surface-To-Air Missiles | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Malaise: The New Normal? | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Slowdown Raises Concerns About Overall Economic Health | Financial Sense
- China Becoming Global Gold Hub And Gold Price Discovery Centre | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: "We Are All Terrorists Now" | ZeroHedge
- Get Your Hurricane Plays Ready | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Target's Canadian Expansion Is Still Draining Profits | Business Insider
- The Cities Where The Most Billionaires Were Born | Business Insider
- District Attorney Will Empanel Grand Jury In NYPD... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- A Blast From The Glorious Past When The Media Was Always Accurate And No One Cared About Ratings... | Business Insider
- UK Police Investigated For Social Media Misuse: One Cop Asked A Crime... | Business Insider
- Here Are 50 Stocks That Big Hedge Funds Love Most (AAPL, ACT, IEP, AGN, MSFT, VRX, TWC,... | Business Insider