Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Barack Obama Will Be The Only President In History To Never Have A Year Of 3% GDP Growth | ZeroHedge
- What Now? | Financial Sense
- The Cyberwars Begin: NSA Hackers Target Russian Cyber Spies As Kremlin Says It Is Being Attacked | ZeroHedge
- Why Reuters Is Tweaking Its Presidential Poll | ZeroHedge
- Let Them Eat Cake: Venezuela Celebrates Chavez’ Birthday With $100,000 Cake, While Citizens Starve | ZeroHedge
- Best Gold & Silver Forecasters Revise 2016 Targets Sharply Higher | Financial Sense
- Exposing Hillbama's Big Lie: The Central Issue In The U.S. Presidential Campaign | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Nye has a great response to Trump's outrageous statements about climate... | Business Insider
- A federal court just struck down a North Carolina... | Business Insider
- Gwyneth Paltrow says her image is holding back the brand she created | Business Insider
- An eye doctor explains why you see specks floating in your eyes | Business Insider
- The creator of 'Pokémon GO' wants to shut down sites... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- In the UK, millions of people are putting their... | Business Insider