Covered Call Picks (IVN,NXY,MS,CTXS,AMD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $18.57. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $29.29.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $8.73. Its 52 week range is between $4.55 and $13.34.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $16.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $31.04.
Citrix Systems Inc (CTXS) is currently trading at $64.11. Its 52 week range is $50.21 and $88.49.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is currently trading at $5.71. Its 52 week range is between $4.31 and $9.58.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin Sentenced To Decade In Prison For Bribery | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buys: $TSL, $RUBI | iBankCoin.com
- Bank Of America Finally Stopped Out Of Its Treasury Short | ZeroHedge
- Germany Blesses "Bail-In" Deposit Confiscation Plan For Failing EU Banks | ZeroHedge
- Gold And China's Challenge To The "Narrative Of Central Bank Omnipotence" | ZeroHedge
- Japocalypse Now - Machine Orders Crater 19.5%, Biggest Monthly Drop On Record | ZeroHedge
- Las Vegas Is More "Screwed"; Drought Drains Lake Mead To Lowest Since Hoover Dam Built | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Gigantic Stock Market Sell-Off Is No Reason To Panic | Business Insider
- CYNK TRADING HALTED (CYNK) | Business Insider
- A Popular Retirement Rule Of Thumb Isn't Wrong, But It Could Be Disruptive For... | Business Insider
- 'Fast And Furious 7' Releases Candid Message To Fans After Finishing... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's... | StreetInsider.com
- Mexican Cargo Train Carrying 1,300 Migrants To The US... | Business Insider
- Manhattanhenge Is Coming | Business Insider