Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Expert: Threat of EMP Attack Is Real and Extremely Dangerous | Financial Sense
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- "Pakistan Is At Best A Frenemy" - Washington Pulls The Plug On Subsidizing F-16s For India's Neighbor | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Great Western Retreat | ZeroHedge
- Trumped! Why It Happened And What Comes Next, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: May 6 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The editor of the ill-fated The... | Business Insider
- Skyrocketing temperatures mean parts of the Middle East could be... | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are burning out at work — and how to fix... | Business Insider
- TRUMP FIRES BACK: 'I am not ready to support Speaker Ryan's... | Business Insider
- This is how Queen Elizabeth has traveled over the years | Business Insider
- This is the most rugged laptop sleeve you’ll ever use | Business Insider
- Brooks Brothers introduced a more expensive version of its best-known shirt, and fans... | Business Insider