Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- In Uncharted Waters | ZeroHedge
- Vatican Blesses Porsche, Blocks Plebs From Sistine Chapel | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- Tuesday Humor: 0.1% "Problems" | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $MU | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bayern promised red-hot welcome at Roma | Business Insider
- IBM Is Tanking Again | Business Insider
- This Simple Trick Will Help You Squeeze Some Extra Battery Life Out Of Your... | Business Insider
- Take A Look Inside Virgin Galactic's Massive... | Business Insider
- Welcome To Ranger School, Where The Army's Toughest Soldiers Are Made... | Business Insider
- 13 Things Successful People Do In The Last 10 Minutes Of The... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek