Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Trillion Dollar Bet | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
- The March Of War | iBankCoin.com
- Deflationary Fears Are Spreading Globally | Financial Sense
- And The Best Performing Asset In August Was... | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- Out Of The Office | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Abercrombie & Fitch's Sales Decline Is Hammering the Stock | TheStreet.com
- Apple Has Reportedly Partnered With American Express, Visa, And Mastercard For... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Why J.C. Penney's New Brooklyn Store Is Only Part of the Revival | TheStreet.com
- 22 Executives Who Wake Up Really Early | Business Insider
- Frustrating Boston Scientific Is Not What the Investor Ordered | TheStreet.com