Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Thing You Really Do Need | Altucher Confidential
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- John Embry: The Fundamental Attraction of Gold | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen On The Fed Buying Stocks: "Maybe In The Future, Down The Line..." | ZeroHedge
- Pay Attention to How Oil Reacts the Day After OPEC News (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Obama Responds To Veto Override... | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former Israeli president Shimon Peres dies at 93 | Business Insider
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen forgot a key... | Business Insider
- Here's what makes IBM, McKinsey, and 12 other big companies some of the best places... | Business Insider
- Former Ivy League admissions officer reveals how schools... | Business Insider
- Mercedes just unveiled a stunning private plane design with 5 separate rooms | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers gave a hilarious breakdown of the first presidential... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider