Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secret Service Taking Extraordinary Measures To Protect Against "Unprecedented" Inauguration Threats | ZeroHedge
- Global Financial System Crash (Video) | ZeroHedge
- China Orders No Market Selloffs During President's Davos Trip | ZeroHedge
- Trump As Lightning Rod (Not Just For Disaffected Progressives, But For Panicked Insiders) | ZeroHedge
- Playing The Trump Effect On FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- Proposed Tax Changes and How to Benefit from Them | Financial Sense
- Maxine Waters Calls For Trump Impeachment (Before He Takes Office) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rolls-Royce is paying £671 million to settle bribery probes in... | Business Insider
- Poland wants to increase its military ties with the... | Business Insider
- The Fed is turning more dovish | Business Insider
- Facebook is being accused of 'racially biased censorship' by the ACLU... | Business Insider
- Vizio’s latest surround-sound speaker system is one of the best I’ve... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert blasts Trump for taking off his first weekend as... | Business Insider
- Jump-start your career in 2017 and get access to this site's best online classes for $1 for 3 months | Business Insider