Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul Trounces Trump, Exclaims Election Is Entertainment "Orchestrated By Major Media" | ZeroHedge
- SocGen Models A Chinese Hard-Landing; Sees The S&P Crashing 60% | ZeroHedge
- Canada and the Oil Price Shock | Financial Sense
- Tanker Rates Soar As China Hoards Saudi's "Cheap" Oil Amid Biggest Price Cut Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Five Of The Past Six Times Corporate Margins Have Plunged This Much, Ended In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- Saudis Mull Launch Of Regional War As Russia Pounds Targets In Syria For Fourth Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Oliver skewers politicians who blame gun violence on mental illness... | Business Insider
- Iraq officials: car bombs in Iraq kill 18, wound 45 | Business Insider
- You've got to see this crazy demo for Microsoft's... | Business Insider
- Keuchel, Astros still have something to prove against... | Business Insider
- ACLU lawsuit: County jails people who can't pay court... | Business Insider
- Emotional Alek Skarlatos returns to 'Dancing with... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek