Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Treasury Yield Curve Plunges To Flattest Since 2007, Financials Follow | ZeroHedge
- Anadarko Slashes Dividend By Over 80% | ZeroHedge
- It Was Never About Oil | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 10, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: February 11 | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- Facebook has spent billions of dollars on investments — and it's just getting started | Business Insider
- The way pillows are made is a lot more complicated than you would think | Business Insider
- NASA just released a jaw-dropping 360 degree photo that makes you feel like... | Business Insider
- One of the most reliable recession indicators may no longer... | Business Insider
- University of Tennessee hit with lawsuit over athletes' alleged... | Business Insider
- 'The most miserable country in the world' is slipping toward default | Business Insider