Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Me, The People" | ZeroHedge
- Global Slowdown Confirmed By PMIs Missing From Japan To China To Europe; USDJPY Nears 119 Then Slides | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape - How The Children Of Chinese Oligarchs Live It Up In SoCal | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- US Manufacturing PMI Misses By Most On Record, Lowest Since January | ZeroHedge
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Smith stars as Australia beat S. Africa, clinch series | Business Insider
- Mexico's President Reveals $3 Million... | Business Insider
- Detective Who Investigated Death Of 8-Year-Old Says... | Business Insider
- Why Cold Weather Doesn't Mean Global Warming Isn't Real | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Netflix Still Dominates Web Traffic Even as Amazon Keeps Growing | TheStreet.com
- Obama: US will make immigration 'more fair and just' | Business Insider