Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Three Sets of Influences in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Admits Market 40% Overvalued, Economy Slowing, So... Time To Boost The S&P Target To 2050 From 1900 | ZeroHedge
- "Pot-For-Poverty": Bastion Of Liberalism Unveils Free Marijuana For The Poor | ZeroHedge
- China Fears iPhone Is "Threat To National Security" | ZeroHedge
- World Sets New Oil Production and Consumption Records | Financial Sense
- Low Potential? | Financial Sense
- Are Stocks in a Bubble? Analysis of Valuations and Stock Buybacks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Steve Jobs Did When An Employee Told Him The Apple Store's Layout Was... | Business Insider
- Congressman Responds To Being Bumped Off MSNBC By LeBron James | Business Insider
- 3 Biotech Stocks Under $10 to Trade for Breakouts | TheStreet.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Demand For Light Beer Is Collapsing | Business Insider
- Germany Misses Point-Blank Header, Comes Painfully Close To Taking The Lead... | Business Insider
- The Soccer Rule That Americans Always Get Wrong | Business Insider