Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin To Western Elites: Play-Time Is Over | ZeroHedge
- The Biotech Pain Trade | iBankCoin.com
- Starting Off Strong: Goldman Slashes Q4 GDP Estimate From 3.0% To 2.2% | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Where Is The "Low Gas Price Spending Spree": Consumer Spending Tumbles At Fastest Rate Since October 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Goldman On BOJ's Banzainomics: "We Highlight The Potential For Harsh Criticism Of Further Cost-Push Inflation" | ZeroHedge
- Small Caps Surge Green Year-To-Date; VIX Decoupling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga head for Kobane | Business Insider
- Police In Germany Are Trying To Stop Armed Warfare Between Rival... | Business Insider
- San Francisco Giants Win World Series On Controversial Decision In Final Inning | Business Insider
- Mourinho confirms Costa will face QPR | Business Insider
- REPORT: Lyft Is Considering Expanding To London | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Peter Jackson Explains How The Crazy Barrel Scene In 'The... | Business Insider