Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A few thoughts on Gold, currency and “risk free savings” in the wake of Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's Official Calendar Is "Missing" A Lot Of Entries | ZeroHedge
- Greenspan: "This Is The Worst Period I Recall; There's Nothing Like It" | ZeroHedge
- The Markets Are in "Late 2007/ Early 2008" All Over Again | ZeroHedge
- It's All Over As "Leave" Wins Brexit Campaign: Markets Everywhere Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- Brexit: Individualism > Nationalism > Globalism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The reviews for Bill Simmons’ new show are brutal, but they are also premature | Business Insider
- Save big on a pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes — and more of today... | Business Insider
- We tried Burger King's new Mac n' Cheetos — and they're an... | Business Insider
- A tiny bit of good news | Business Insider
- Business Insider Intelligence is hiring a senior research... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- I've earned nearly half a million dollars in my life: Here are 7 ways I've learned money makes things easier | Business Insider