Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gunmaker Stocks Outperform Post-Sandy Hook | ZeroHedge
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Trade Ideas For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Record Jobs For Old Workers; Everyone Else - Better Luck Next Month | ZeroHedge
- Safe Havens Are Trouncing Stocks So Far This Year | Financial Sense
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rand Paul Just Shredded The Field In The CPAC Straw Poll | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart Completely Dismantles Putin's Lies About Russian Troops In Ukraine | Business Insider
- Global Warming: Who Pressed The Pause Button? | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Victoria's Secret Is Opening In China — But Not To Sell Lingerie | Business Insider
- THE SCARIEST JOBS CHART EVER | Business Insider
- Dear BlackBerry Shorts: You Have Been Warned (Twice) | TheStreet.com