Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Outlook | ZeroHedge
- The Real US Unemployment Rate: 11.5% | ZeroHedge
- The Dark-Side Psychology Behind Holiday Madness | ZeroHedge
- Healthcare.gov's Latest Glitch: Unusable Medicaid Data | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Exits Commodity Trading, Fires 200 | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Today’s Hybrid Movers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Digital Currencies Everywhere Are Plummeting On China Report | Business Insider
- This Map Shows The Huge Scale Of Vladimir Putin's Eurasian Plan | Business Insider
- Nelson Mandela's Daughter Was Told Of His Death At The Premiere Of A Film About His... | Business Insider
- The Do's And Don'ts You Need To Know About Dating A Colleague | Business Insider
- Hot Job-Hunting Site Glassdoor Raises Another $50 Million And Plans To Hire... | Business Insider
- CHART: We're Seeing A Global Synchronized Pickup In Growth | Business Insider