Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Loses from Rising Natural Gas Prices? | Financial Sense
- "Hawks, Doves, Owls And Seagulls" - Summarizing The Fed's Bird Nest | ZeroHedge
- HoW DoeS A PoTuS DiSTRaCT ATTeNTioN FRoM A BuCKeT oF SCaNDaLS? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 24 | ZeroHedge
- Can Two Senators End “Too Big to Fail?” | Financial Sense
- Hot Money, Cold Credit | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WPP CEO Martin Sorrell Is Targeted In An 'Open Letter' From One Of His... | Business Insider
- The CIA Used Emoticons When They Hashed Out Benghazi Talking Points | Business Insider
- McDonald's Gives Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey Free Food For A Year | Business Insider
- Apple: Keep Tim Cook's Feet to the Fire | TheStreet.com
- The Economy May Be Able To Escape The Dreaded Economic 'Soft Patch... | Business Insider
- Australia Got Clobbered This Week | Business Insider
- Yelp To Business Owners: Stop Accusing Us Of 'Extortion' (YELP) | Business Insider