Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russophobia - Symptom Of US Implosion | ZeroHedge
- NSA To Provide "Smoking Gun" Proof Obama Spied On Trump | ZeroHedge
- In Stinging Defeat, House Republicans Abandon Obamacare Repeal Effort | ZeroHedge
- Russia Warns Norway Over Missile Defense Plans | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Paul Ryan Explains Why He Pulled The Health Bill | ZeroHedge
- VIX Options Activity Spikes Most Since Brexit As Healthcare Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- Canada Passes 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The prescription drug industry is starting to turn on itself as... | Business Insider
- 'It's full steam ahead': The Trump family... | Business Insider
- Some of the biggest tech stocks in the world have been outpaced by…... | Business Insider
- GE chief Jeff Immelt has an 'added incentive' to slash costs... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Here are the 11 fastest-growing apps in the US | Business Insider
- A visit to a Seoul escort-karaoke bar by a party of Uber execs in 2014... | Business Insider