Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Tim Cook "Comes Out", These Nations Still View Homosexuality As "Morally Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Decouple From Bonds, Ramp To Pre-FOMC Levels | ZeroHedge
- Technical Lines in the Sand; All Eyes on the FOMC | Financial Sense
- Oil Breaks Below $80 | Financial Sense
- S&P 500 Spikes To Record High - How It Got There | ZeroHedge
- Don't Show The "Deflation Isn't Going To Happen" ECB Germany's Declining October Prices | ZeroHedge
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Everything You Need To Know About Beacons, The Tech Big Retail Is Counting On... | Business Insider
- Amazon Puts Fire Behind It With Rooftop Buy, Cloud Dominance | TheStreet.com
- Charles Barkley Explains How Michael Jordan... | Business Insider
- The Antares Rocket Explosion Took 1,254 Pounds Of Student Science... | Business Insider
- Arena Skimps on Data Disclosure From Weight-Loss Combo Study | TheStreet.com
- Here's How To Get A Job At The CIA | Business Insider