Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- YoU BeTTeR WaTCH OuT... | ZeroHedge
- 1929 Analog | Financial Sense
- Whoever Smelt it Dealt It | iBankCoin.com
- Followed The Fly Into BALT | iBankCoin.com
- The Dark-Side Psychology Behind Holiday Madness | ZeroHedge
- Ikea's Spanish Servers Crash When 20,000 People Apply For 400 Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Quiet Overnight Trading Expected To Make Way For Volatile Session | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Facebook Has More Upside | TheStreet.com
- This 30MPG Jeep Could Have Been the Tesla SUV Almost | TheStreet.com
- 17 Bottles Of Booze That Make Perfect Holiday Gifts | Business Insider
- Unforgettable Photos From The Pearl Harbor Attack, 72 Years Ago Today | Business Insider
- These Old Letters From Ford Show The Rejected Names For Edsel — Including '... | Business Insider
- Square Is Talking To Investors About A New Round At $5 Billion... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com