Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Politics is Economics in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Futures Poised For New Record Highs On Weekend Central Bank Double Whammy | ZeroHedge
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- The Japanization Of Europe In 9 "Different This Time" Charts | ZeroHedge
- Summing It All Up In 1 Surreal Chart | ZeroHedge
- Pressures On The US Economy Just Increased | ZeroHedge
- I’ve Seen the Future. I’ve Seen the Future | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 54 Bizarre Ways You Can Track The Economy | Business Insider
- Iraq Is So Corrupt That Government Weapons Are Reportedly Being Sold To... | Business Insider
- Mining giant BHP outlines plans to cut costs | Business Insider
- Asian stocks climb after China rate cut | Business Insider
- German industrial output rebounds in September | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- 11 Things You Never Knew About Thanksgiving | Business Insider