Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- The War On Whistleblowers & Why America's Next President Will Kill Julian Assange | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Funds Are "All In" Again | ZeroHedge
- "I’ve Never Seen Anything Like This Before" - The Housing Markets In The Hamptons, Aspen And Miami Are All Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Discusses “Tools”: She’s 70% Confident That Rates Will Be Between 0 and 4.5% in 2018 | Financial Sense
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The UN slams North Korea over latest ballistic missile... | Business Insider
- The solar industry could explode thanks to the... | Business Insider
- 2 Chicago men charged in shooting of Nykea... | Business Insider
- 15 common mistakes people make when trying to lose weight | Business Insider
- How to battle at gyms and win in 'Pokémon Go' | Business Insider
- What would happen if Trump decided to quit... | Business Insider
- An inside look at TSA's new training bootcamp, where officers learn to detect... | Business Insider