Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ugly Truth about Diamonds | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of President Obama's Urgent Matters In Washington | ZeroHedge
- Let’s Not Stand on Ceremony | iBankCoin.com
- Trouble In Socialist Paradise: Maduro Rating Plummets As Shoppers Prepare To Be Fingerprinted | ZeroHedge
- Roundup Of Key Research Papers At Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Malaise: The New Normal? | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks to Kick Off Your Friday Lunch | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Even One Of The Most Powerful Women In Silicon Valley Can... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Alleged Screenshots From Apple's Supplier Reveal How Thin The iPhone 6 Might Be... | Business Insider
- $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Will Settle Nothing | TheStreet.com
- Dad-To-Be Captured His Wife's Entire Pregnancy In Just 6 Seconds | Business Insider
- Hackers Have Found 42 Security Holes In Anonymous App Secret, Including A Way To Reveal A... | Business Insider