Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Shadow Banking | Financial Sense
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
- Gold Tumbles Most In 6 Weeks As USD Surges | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Household Spending Slumps 5.9%; Cries for More Monetary Stimulus | Financial Sense
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- Eric Cantor Sold For $3.4 Million: Former Head Republican Joins M&A Investment Bank As Vice Chairman | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Special Purpose Tentacle Revealed In Europe's Latest Bank Failure | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Game Developers Are Finally Stepping Up To Change Their Hate-Filled Industry | Business Insider
- San Francisco Is Losing An Iconic Part Of Its History, Replacing It With A Gigantic Piece Of Tech... | Business Insider
- CEO Resigns After Being Caught On Video Kicking A Dog | Business Insider
- Food Prices Have Begun Skyrocketing In Parts Of Russia | Business Insider
- 'Bikini Barista' Coffee Shops Are Exploding In The Northwest | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Alleged Hacker Behind Massive Leak Of Nude Celebrity Photos Says It... | Business Insider