Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- Is it Time to Load Up on Gold? | Financial Sense
- The Energy Layoffs Resume: Shell Fires 6,500, Whiting Cuts 2015 Budget 2 Weeks After Raising It | ZeroHedge
- LinkedIn Pumps'n'Dumps As Revenue Growth Rate Continues To Slow | ZeroHedge
- Should It Be A Crime To Shoot Down A Drone Over Your Property? | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Top? Private Equity "Exits" Surge To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Netflix was the perfect place to revitalize 'Wet Hot... | Business Insider
- Uber denies misleading passengers with 'phantom cars... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (WPP, WPPGY, FB,... | Business Insider
- The US is growing wary of the... | Business Insider
- The 'cookie monster' study reveals how power corrupts people | Business Insider
- This map shows how some... | Business Insider
- Luggage has washed up on the island where possible... | Business Insider