Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: Chinese Buyers Have Left The U.S. Housing Market | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Paris Is Prologue | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Black Weekend | ZeroHedge
- How A Secretive Elite Created The EU To Build A World Government | ZeroHedge
- Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV | ZeroHedge
- Iran's Ayatollah Pens Letter To Western Youth: "You Should Know That Terror Has Been Supported By Certain Great Powers" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 tips to beating a Daily Fantasy Sports pro — even if you've never... | Business Insider
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply... | Business Insider
- This is the biggest shift going on in artificial... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible... | Business Insider
- Chad Carr honored with moment of silence before The Game | Business Insider
- We drove Volvo's XC90 luxury SUV from Los Angeles to San Francisco... | Business Insider