Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America Is No Longer Top Dog: Chinese Military "Reaching Near-Parity" With The West | ZeroHedge
- Fumbling Towards Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Explains The Stakes For Trump And All Of Us | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Rally in NYC Silent During Muslim Call to Prayer | ZeroHedge
- The Unthinkable Just Happened In Spain | ZeroHedge
- Senate Intel Committee Orders White House To Keep All Records For Russia Probe | ZeroHedge
- Government Knows Best - Junk Food Ban Goes Global | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to handle sleep deprivation, according to a Navy SEAL | Business Insider
- 31 things I asked for — successfully — by the time I was 31 | Business Insider
- Apple is restructuring the way it works with its lead... | Business Insider
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when... | Business Insider
- Step inside Slack's light-drenched New York City office | Business Insider
- ACLU: Here's what you should and shouldn't do... | Business Insider
- THE FLEET MANAGEMENT REPORT: Examining how fleet... | Business Insider