Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Capital Humiliated After First Facebook And Now Twitter Surge Higher: TWTR's Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Behold The New Normal Definition Of "Confidence" | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TLT | iBankCoin.com
- Is This China's QE? | ZeroHedge
- US-Israeli Relationship In Jeopardy, Kerry "Ruined Everything" | ZeroHedge
- Time for the Bird to Make a Summer Splash | iBankCoin.com
- China's Billionaire Ex-National Security Chief Investigated For "Serious Disciplinary Violation" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s How Long New Employees Should Wait Before Taking A Vacation | Business Insider
- You're Probably Better Off Buying Amazon Stock Than Apple | TheStreet.com
- POLL: Romney Would Beat Obama In Election Rematch | Business Insider
- US COMPANIES ADD FEWER JOBS THAN EXPECTED (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Boston Suffers Extensive Damage And Flooding After... | Business Insider
- Locals Just Discovered Two More Mysterious Craters In... | Business Insider
- Japan Unleashed Abenomics A Year And A Half Ago — Here's How It's Going | Business Insider