Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Poverty Matters for Capitalists | Financial Sense
- The Dude Abides: China in the Golden Age of Central Bankers | Financial Sense
- Neofeudalism's Tax Donkeys (Yes, You) And The Battle For Control Of Resources | ZeroHedge
- Low Potential? | Financial Sense
- Inflation Psychology Begins to Change | Financial Sense
- "Unrigged?" The Bulk Of Odd Lot Trades On US Exchanges Are 1-Share-Lots! | ZeroHedge
- China’s Economy Returns to Leading Asia Recovery | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Become A Morning Person | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- These Are The Top Industries That Will Be Transformed By Drones | Business Insider
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar | TheStreet.com
- Family Dollar Profits Fell by a Third, Restructuring to Come | TheStreet.com
- Market Wrap: Jobless Claims... | StreetInsider.com
- US House Temporarily Shut Down After Apparent Incident Involving Asbestos | Business Insider