Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Is The One Financial Product Now Targeted By The HFT Swarm | ZeroHedge
- Stocks For Your “Buy the Dip Grab Bag” | iBankCoin.com
- What You Look At and How You Look At It | Financial Sense
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Dealing With Excuses | Altucher Confidential
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Mysterious Iranian "Mr. Ali" Purchased Tickets For "Stolen Passport" Passengers; Paid Cash | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine - NATO, the EU, and the US vs. Putin | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's A Brief Summary Of What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- THE DOW FALLS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Chris Christie's Approval Rating Is At Its Lowest... | Business Insider
- Why Harry Reid Is Going Nuclear On The Koch Brothers | Business Insider
- Syrian Government Accused Of 'Numerous War Crimes... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek