Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross: "Go To Cash" | ZeroHedge
- AVOID THE SAVAGE AT ALL COSTS | iBankCoin.com
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
- In Dramatic Escalation, China Sends Five Navy Ships Off Alaska Coast For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Close to New All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Why Economics Matters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wrongly convicted brothers could get $750,000 payout | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- IMF: China, tumbling commodity prices threaten world... | Business Insider
- The pricing information for Apple's iPhone 6S has leaked ahead of its launch (... | Business Insider
- An elegant solution to the problem in every young banker's fridge | Business Insider
- Twitter shares are surging ahead of a board meeting to discuss its CEO situation (TWTR... | Business Insider
- Jeb Bush just trolled Donald Trump after he signed a document pledging... | Business Insider