Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IRA Contributions Hit Record High As Unpatriotic Americans "Save More, Pay Off Debt, Spend Less" | ZeroHedge
- 51 Dead As TransAsia Flight Makes Forced Landing In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 25 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Up - It's Tuesday Durr! | ZeroHedge
- As Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 600 Israel Ambassador Says IDF Deserve Nobel Peace Prize For "Unimaginable Restraint" | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Exports Tumble For 2nd Month In A Row, Worst Since Abenomics Began | ZeroHedge
- Gold Dumped (Pre-CPI) And Pumped (Post-CPI) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Satya Nadella Just Made The Single Best (And Most Obvious) Decision For Microsoft... | Business Insider
- Why Apple Stock Is Gaining Today | TheStreet.com
- Herbalife Is Surging (HLF) | Business Insider
- Foursquare Changed Its Logo And Commenters On Instagram Are Really Upset About It | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The 10 Best Tequila Drinks on the Planet | TheStreet.com