Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AND THe NeXT LeHMaN MoMeNT Is... | ZeroHedge
- Asia-Pac Stocks Head For Worst Losing Streak In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Ironies of Shipping U.S. Coal From B.C. | Financial Sense
- The Iraq Proxy War: Mapping Whose Troops Are Involved | ZeroHedge
- Why The Collapse Of Abenomics Is Important: It's A Large-Scale Failure Of Keynesian Stimulus In Real Time | ZeroHedge
- Keep Your Eye on These Disruptive Tech Ventures | Financial Sense
- A Simple Primer On "War Propaganda" From An Unexpected Source | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Everything That's Happened Since The Last Time Fed Chair Janet Yellen... | Business Insider
- PayPal Uses Apple's Nude Selfie Scandal To Take A Shot At Apple Pay (... | Business Insider
- Use This Guide To Watch Scottish Referendum Night Like A Champ | Business Insider
- Van Gaal wants more from match-winner Di Maria | Business Insider
- Johnny Manziel Made His NFL Debut In Unspectacular Fashion | Business Insider
- Alibaba Just Cranked Up Its IPO Price Range To $66-$68 (BABA, YHOO) | Business Insider
- North Korea Sentences 24-Year-Old American To 6 Years... | Business Insider