Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why We're So Unhealthy | ZeroHedge
- Was The Fed Just Given The Launch Codes? | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Unveils The Next Step: "QE Has Run Its Course, It's Time To Tax Wealth" | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- Taking The 'Petro' Out Of The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- CSX Freight Train Derails In Washington D.C., 9 Cars Overturned, Hazardous Material Leaking | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What Elon Musk, Mark Cuban, and 11 other successful people do on weekends... | Business Insider
- The $1 trillion bubble is a totally new phenomenon | Business Insider
- 'You didn't know if he was in his pajamas': Fox News anchor '... | Business Insider
- 'They're a laughingstock': Former senior White House... | Business Insider
- John Boehner once hired Ted Cruz to be his lawyer | Business Insider
- Hell and high water: Life in 'the world's most miserable country... | Business Insider
- This map reveals which subway stations are closest to the cheapest apartments in... | Business Insider