Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE SUBPRIME U.S. ECONOMY: Disintegrating Due To Subprime Auto, Housing, Bond & Energy Debt | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Does Everyone Hate Ted Cruz: The Answer In One Diagram | ZeroHedge
- Awkward? | ZeroHedge
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- US Futures Rebound Despite Global Stock Weakness As USDJPY Ramps HIgher | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One part of Saudi Arabia's economy is 'suffering' — and it... | Business Insider
- NYC just saw its first baby born with zika-related birth defects -... | Business Insider
- Many companies are trying to profit from connected cars | Business Insider
- UK police: Nearly 6,200 hate crimes reported in the month... | Business Insider
- American manufacturing is seeing a 'revival' | Business Insider
- Actor Michael Caine legally changes name at 83, blames ISIS | Business Insider
- How to get a shy person to open up to you in 5 minutes or less | Business Insider