Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tucker Carlson Takes on Washpo Reporter Who Claimed Trump Won Because of 'Angry White Men' | ZeroHedge
- EU: Central Bank Will Continue Quantitative Easing Next Year | Financial Sense
- Obama Orders Intelligence Community To Conduct "Full Review" Of 2016 Election Results, Keep Results Secret | ZeroHedge
- Satellite Imagery Reveals Sharp Retail Spending Slowdown After The Election | ZeroHedge
- Are Fiscal Stimulus Expectations Too High? | Financial Sense
- Rogue Republican Elector Warns Trump: "I Am Not The Only One Who Will Not Vote For You" | ZeroHedge
- NBC's Fake News King Brian Williams Launches Crusade Against "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 medical inventions that could save millions of lives | Business Insider
- Almost every US president since the 1950s has received this watch at... | Business Insider
- 'They're just wrong': A financial expert fires back at... | Business Insider
- Ohio is about to give gun owners more civil-rights protection than... | Business Insider
- France's Emmanuel Macron is holding a massive rally... | Business Insider
- The US government may allow in-flight phone calls, and people are freaking out | Business Insider
- Rare footage shows the successful testing of the... | Business Insider