Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Richard Koo Warns Of "Beginning Of The End" For Japanese Economy | ZeroHedge
- The Business End of Social Sharing | iBankCoin.com
- Explaining This Week’s Market Jitters In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Winners And Losers In Today's NEE And AEP Flash Crashes | ZeroHedge
- A Close Examination of the Reversal | Financial Sense
- Will Wednesday’s Fed Minutes Spark Sell-Off? | Financial Sense
- Spot The Trend In US Durable Goods And CapEx Spending | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 Disruptive Technologies That Are Changing The World | Business Insider
- The Sexiest Chefs Alive! | Business Insider
- It Looks Like Obamacare May Not Be A 'Train Wreck' After All | Business Insider
- Researchers Have Finally Solved The Mystery Of The Irish Potato Famine | Business Insider
- Anti-Muslim Activity Has Soared In Britain After Wednesday's Attack | Business Insider
- The 14 Lucky Early Employees And 3 Investors Behind The $1.1 Billion Tumblr Deal... | Business Insider
- NASA Releases The First-Ever Terrain Map Of Saturn's Moon Titan | Business Insider