Where's the Volatility?
Volatility has been calm since the Dow Jones crossed 13,000. Despite the fanfare there is one play that will provide insurance should them market not sustain itself. The trade is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX).
The VXX is never meant to be a long term holding, then again nothing is these days. The Masters are looking for profitable and sensible trades, the VXX makes the cut.
Headlines like these from CNBC help our thesis for stocks moving lower -- US Stocks Edge Lower as EU Concerns Weigh -- Stocks edged lower Wednesday, after some weak earnings reports and worries over a recession in the euro zone following some disappointing economic news.
Mastery recommends taking some profits. Smoke em' if you got em'.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brit Bankers Busted For $300 Million Fraud Tied To Hookers & Blow | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Is The Highest In 9 Years (& The Lowest Since 2015) | ZeroHedge
- "Foot-In-Mouth" Trump Vs. "Frog-In-Throat" Clinton: First Presidential Debate Begins - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Mylan Admits EpiPen Profits 60% Higher Than It Told Congress, Stock Slips | ZeroHedge
- What A Commodity Trading Legend Is Buying Ahead Of The Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need to Know About The Debate - Event Details, Rules, Scandals... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Each of the estates of the 49 people killed in Orlando massacre... | Business Insider
- UBS: These 6 housing markets around the world are closest... | Business Insider
- Consumer confidence surges to post-recession high | Business Insider
- The best dessert in 24 countries around the world | Business Insider
- The graphics in 'FIFA 17' are the closest thing we've seen to a... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Roku revamps its device line | Business Insider