Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's Some Frightening Honesty (Courtesy Of The US Congress) | ZeroHedge
- The Future of Medicine? Forget Private Doctor Appointments, Group Medical Visits are Coming | ZeroHedge
- How Ukraine Can Save China From Its Existential Threat (Spoiler Alert: Girls) | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor - Playing Possum | ZeroHedge
- Greek Social Contagion: Tens Of Thousands Rally In Support Of Spain's Anti-Austerity Podemos Party | ZeroHedge
- Is a Major Bear Market in Stocks Ahead? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- Dollar Drivers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are all the movie trailers you'll see during the Super Bowl | Business Insider
- GoPro video perfectly captures the excitement of a 6-year-old making the... | Business Insider
- Richard Branson's 4 rules for making difficult decisions | Business Insider
- Americans eager to sup up Cuba's 'forbidden fruits... | Business Insider
- Explanations to 13 jokes only smart people understand | Business Insider
- Sicilian judge Sergio Mattarella elected Italian... | Business Insider
- Here's how good Tim Cook has been for Apple in one chart (... | Business Insider