Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will 'Dull Draghi' Talk Up Downside Risks? - ECB Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "Dull Draghi" - What Wall Street Expects From The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Take "Four Or Five" Executive Actions On Day One | ZeroHedge
- Here's How Google Tracks You (And What You Can Do About It) | ZeroHedge
- Looking at the Four "Bull Market Checks": Trend, Momentum, Breadth, and Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
- Live From Davos: Ray Dalio, Christine Lagarde And Larry Summers Discuss How To Fix The "Middle Class Crisis" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jack Ma: Trump is open minded, and 'China and US will never have a trade war' | Business Insider
- Vine has officially shut down — we... | Business Insider
- There's no way to fix Europe | Business Insider
- People who hate their jobs may be more likely to drive dangerously on the... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- How to experience the Sundance Film Festival like a celebrity | Business Insider