Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Not So Fast: Scotland And Northern Ireland May Have Brexit Veto Rights | ZeroHedge
- Global Institutions May Be Susceptible To Hackers, SWIFT Remains Vulnerable | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- Brexit Triggers Existential Eruption of EU: “Disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.” | ZeroHedge
- They Are Putting Armed Guards On Food Trucks In Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What the subway looks like in 13 different countries around the... | Business Insider
- 16 high-paying jobs for people who hate people | Business Insider
- I tried an Instagram fitness plan people are going crazy over — here are 6 reasons it's... | Business Insider
- Here's what magic mushrooms do to your body and mind | Business Insider
- 11 things to do in your 20s to become a millionaire by 30 | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- 13 ways you can cheat death by using your ashes to become... | Business Insider