Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "World's Biggest Short Squeeze" Has Spread From ETFs To Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Did Bernie Sanders Just Go Full Establishment? | ZeroHedge
- The Future Of America? – More Than Half Of All Adults Under-30 Now Reject Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- Fed-nado Trumps AAPLocalypse: Panic-Buying Spree Pushes S&P Back Over 2,100 (And Fails) | ZeroHedge
- America's Entitled (And Doomed) Upper Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- An Inconvenient Truth For Equity Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Oil Algos Panic-Buy "Supply-Glut-Reported" Dip | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE DRONES REPORT: Market forecasts, regulatory barriers, top vendors, and... | Business Insider
- Matt Lauer to Donald Trump: 'Do you even care' that so many women... | Business Insider
- Engineers invented a computer mouse for people who can... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders has had a huge impact on how young people... | Business Insider
- Canada's Boeing challenger just made a blockbuster deal with Delta (DAL, bbdb... | Business Insider
- See the luxurious Airbnbs celebrities have rented when they travel | Business Insider
- Facebook is in 'a class by itself' when it comes to mobile... | Business Insider