Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Offers Immunity To Junior FX Manipulators In Exchange For Ratting Out Their Seniors | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, In Argentina: Riot Police Unleash Tear Gas & Water Cannons In Buenos Aires - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- A U.S. Recession Is Unlikely | Financial Sense
- U.S. Plays With Fire By Using Bank Sanctions as Political Tools | Financial Sense
- Watching for Signs of U.S. Housing Market Activity | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap July 11, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Joel Kurtzman on Why America's Future Is Brighter Than You Think | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOP Congressman Compares Migrant Children Crossing The US Border To The D-Day... | Business Insider
- More Rockets Fired From Lebanon Land In Israel | Business Insider
- The Coming Collapse In North Sea Oil Will Screw The Scottish Independence... | Business Insider
- Here's The First 'Homeland' Season 4 Teaser Trailer | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Dramatic Photos Of Chaos And Looting During New York's Notorious Blackout 37 Years Ago Today | Business Insider
- The Problem With Mobile Phone... | Business Insider