Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Venezuela On The Verge Of Revolution As Hyperinflated Currency Crashes To New Record Low | ZeroHedge
- ANTIFA Upset For Not Being Able to Punch 'Nazis' Without Consequences | ZeroHedge
- Yale Psychiatrists Just Warned There Is Something Seriously Wrong With Trump | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Second-Quarter Forecast | Financial Sense
- Yesterday's Broad Power Outage Likely Caused By Geomagnetic Storm | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everyone should read John Kelly's speech about 2 Marines in the path of a truck bomb... | Business Insider
- 8 affordable watch companies every guy should know | Business Insider
- 19 discounts and freebies you can grab on Earth Day | Business Insider
- Now's a great time to be a stock picker | Business Insider
- Scientists from MIT and NASA helped make this one of the most... | Business Insider
- BRIDGEWATER: 'The likelihood of a significant Trump... | Business Insider
- Why student athletes should think twice before going pro | Business Insider