Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- TIS A Sore Point On An Otherwise Clean Day | iBankCoin.com
- For the First Time In Many Decades, More Americans Support Gun RIGHTS than Gun Control | ZeroHedge
- Which Nation Is Bob Pisani Talking About? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Cities Series: Competitive Clusters Drive Sustainable Growth in Seattle | Financial Sense
- Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb | Financial Sense
- This Technical Signaled The Last Two Market Crashes And It Just Happened | ZeroHedge
- Vapor Capital Asset Mismanagement LP: Jon Corzine Planning Hedge Fund Launch | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is what Google looks for when selecting interns (GOOG) | Business Insider
- This UK government-funded organisation... | Business Insider
- Tim Tebow is signing with the Eagles | Business Insider
- Look inside a Google project so odd, it's literally called 'Project Loon... | Business Insider
- What it's like to leave Google for a startup — as told by three... | Business Insider
- These 6 luxury headphone sets are up to 73% off right now | Business Insider
- Pret A Manger just revealed that Brits are obsessed... | Business Insider