Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Terrorist Hackers Win: Sony Pulls Release Of "The Interview" Due To Fears Of "9/11-Style Retaliation" | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen's Last (Considerably Confused) FOMC Press Conference Of 2014 - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Be Tomorrow's Superpower? | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Putin's "Moment Of Truth" Annual Press Conference And Address To Russia | ZeroHedge
- HUGELY BULLISH ON THIS | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed Is Sitting On a $191 TRILLION Time Bomb | ZeroHedge
- The December "Dots"... Drop | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 Videos That Turned People Into Huge YouTube Stars | Business Insider
- Here's Why The $1.5 Million Pagani Huayra Is Worth The Money | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Sony CEO Was Already Freaking Out About 'The... | Business Insider
- 'Impossible' for Saudi to reduce oil output: minister... | Business Insider
- Here Are 3 Big Policy Changes In US-Cuba Relations | Business Insider
- Looking For A Last-Minute Gift Idea? We've Got Something For Everyone On Your List | Business Insider