Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And The 'Fakest' Country In The World Is... | ZeroHedge
- The Unintended Consequences Of 'Lift-Off' In A World Of Excess Reserves | ZeroHedge
- Oklahoma Leads The World In Seismic Activity As 2015 Quake Count Tops 5,000 | ZeroHedge
- US Corporate Earnings, Overseas Sales and the Dollar | Financial Sense
- How Turkey Exports ISIS Oil To The World: The Scientific Evidence | ZeroHedge
- Dirty Connecticut Mayor (Sentenced To Prison For Corruption) Reelected In Landslide | ZeroHedge
- Submerging Markets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Protests as France's Hollande calls on UK to... | Business Insider
- A new documentary blows the lid off the shady underpinning of the Taser industry | Business Insider
- Hotel cooks prepare annual diner for NYC homeless, wealthy... | Business Insider
- Hollande, activists gear up for critical climate talks | Business Insider
- I attended the Macy's... | Business Insider
- 6 migrant children drown on way to Greece | Business Insider
- Thousands cheer Trump at raucous rally in Florida | Business Insider