Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- The American Dream Is Still Possible, Just Not In The US | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Why Gold Is Undervalued | ZeroHedge
- George Soros Slams Putin, Warns Of "Existential Threat" From Russia, Demands $20 Billion From IMF In "Russia War Effort" | ZeroHedge
- Ready to Take Some Lumps, if Need Be | iBankCoin.com
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 Reasons This Is An Ideal Résumé For Someone With A Lot Of Work... | Business Insider
- 11 Words You're Mispronouncing All The Time | Business Insider
- These Disturbing Photos Of Children Playing In Garbage Show Just How Disgustingly... | Business Insider
- Is Elon Musk Finally Giving Up On Selling Teslas... | Business Insider
- Caterpillar Crushes Expectations And The Stock Is Going Nuts (CAT) | Business Insider
- IS attack on Syrian border town Kobane stalls... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com