Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ralph Acampora: Technicians Are Very Bearish Right Now | Financial Sense
- Wheelbarrow Economics | ZeroHedge
- Despite Depression, Greece Forced To Hike VAT, Add New Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Can Someone Find Me A Borrow For This Crazy Investment, Please? | ZeroHedge
- Herbalife First Soars Then Dumps After FTC Settlement Report Is Denied | ZeroHedge
- "Everything Is Plunging" - China Commodity Carnage Continues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Venezuela owes Indian drug companies millions — and they've come up with a... | Business Insider
- Archaeologists' discovery of a 5,000-year-old Chinese recipe for beer has them... | Business Insider
- 400 Italian pizza makers spent 11 hours making the world's longest pizza | Business Insider
- There are rare deals on Sonos' exceptional speakers today | Business Insider
- This incredible new device can print metal in midair | Business Insider
- Get a top-rated Coleman camping tent for under $100 — and... | Business Insider
- 27 highly successful people share the best career advice for new grads | Business Insider