Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap October 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- But, Stocks Are Cheap... Right? | ZeroHedge
- Euro Risk Due To Possible Return of Italy To Lira - Drachmas, Escudos, Pesetas and Punts? | ZeroHedge
- "We Are From The Government And We Are Here To Get Rid Of Ebola" | ZeroHedge
- China CCTV News Previews The 4th Plenary Session Of The Communist Party In Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- Stunning Scenes From California's Central Valley Drought | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why The Euro Crisis Is Far From Over | Business Insider
- For many journalists Ebola's invisible threat... | Business Insider
- You've Been Rolling Your Shirtsleeves Wrong Your Entire Life | Business Insider
- Ebola tops EU meeting with warnings crisis is at... | Business Insider
- SAT Tutor Who Charges $1,000 An Hour: Here Are 6 Tips To Master The SAT | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (IBM, AAPL, MSFT) | Business Insider
- Turkey says aiding Iraqi Kurdish fighters to cross... | Business Insider