Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rate-Hike Odds Tumble Post-Minutes; Stocks Soar | ZeroHedge
- Time To End Monetary Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- Despite Surging Job Cuts, Initial Jobless Claims Tumble Back Near 42 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Q3 Earnings Bloodbath Continues With Terrible Monsanto Results: Company Fires 2,600 As It Boosts Buyback | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Overshooting to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Inflation Watch: Retiree Health-Care Costs Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority? | Business Insider
- This oil bear market could drag on for years (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE, BNO) | Business Insider
- The former head of the NSA openly disagrees... | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler's workers won't strike, keeping... | Business Insider
- Tantra teacher at clothing-optional retreat killed on... | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler, UAW bargaining as strike threat looms | Business Insider
- Scientists win Nobel chemistry award for work on DNA... | Business Insider