Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Purchase Of HCLP For $44.48 | iBankCoin.com
- I AM BEAR KILLER. I GOT BIG MAGIC | iBankCoin.com
- In Cased You Missed it, Recap of Japan Overnight Into Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- Saxobank CIO Warns USDJPY Could Hit 135 On "One Trick Pony" BoJ Desperation | ZeroHedge
- You Should Be on Drugs | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Market Breaks As Stocks Explode Higher On Algo-Triggering Headline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan's Nikkei 225 index soars over 5% after BoJ easing... | Business Insider
- One Of The World's Leading Publishers Called Amazon An 'ISIS-Like... | Business Insider
- US economy grew 3.5% in third quarter | Business Insider
- 8 Easy Ways To Have More Fun At Work | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Just Came Out As Gay (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- YELLEN: Would More Diversity Among Economists Have Helped Prevent The Financial Crisis? | Business Insider