Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: August 30 | ZeroHedge
- Navigating The Fracturing Global Macro Landscape With Worth Wray | ZeroHedge
- Recent Surge In Inner-City Heroin Overdoses "Unlike Anything We've Seen Before" | ZeroHedge
- Latest Guccifer Leak Reveals What Democrats Really Think Of Black Lives Matter | ZeroHedge
- "Racist, Untrained, Murdering" San Francisco Cops Slam Kaepernick, Demand Apology | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Low Wages in US Rising | Financial Sense
- Soros Seeks To "Reshape American Justice System" By Pouring Funds Into "Powerful" District Attorney Races | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nearly 10,000 workers are accusing Chipotle of wage theft | Business Insider
- How to recover from 5 embarrassing communication fails at work... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Super Bowl MVP Von Miller said he had a plan to get Johnny Manziel’s... | Business Insider
- 6 things guys can save a ton of money on at the end of the summer | Business Insider
- 5 accessories that will help you get the most out of your Kindle | Business Insider
- A company that searches for Bigfoot is trying to raise... | Business Insider