Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- People Are Ditching Chicago In Record Numbers As Windy City Leads U.S. In Population Loss | ZeroHedge
- NJ Transit Service Suspended At Penn Station After Train Derailment | ZeroHedge
- The Divided Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Is Khalid Masood, 52-Year-Old Brit With Prior Criminal Convictions | ZeroHedge
- Disturbing Video Footage Shows Moment Of Deadly London Attack | ZeroHedge
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- Bill Blain: "It Feels Like The Markets Are In A Limbo Phase" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Luxury camping retreats complete with in-tent massages could be the future of weekend... | Business Insider
- You might be drinking water from the last Ice Age, and 16 other striking facts about Earth's life-giving liquid... | Business Insider
- The mystery of a runaway star traveling 130,000 mph has finally been solved | Business Insider
- THE CHATBOT MONETIZATION REPORT: Sizing the market, key strategies, and how to navigate... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- 5 great wallets for people who travel a lot | Business Insider
- A reporter asked Spicer if he’s confident that no one in the White... | Business Insider