Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "People Need To Know The Real Hillary Clinton And How Dangerous She Is" | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- Is A New Banking Crisis Imminent? Recent Rise In Delinquency Rates Is Shocking | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Hedge Unwind Sparks Volumeless Dead Cat Brounce | ZeroHedge
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- Hillary's Lead Over Trump Is Either 1% Or 12% Depending On Which Poll You Believe | ZeroHedge
- 16 Reasons To Celebrate Brexit's Win | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You’ve been brushing your teeth all wrong | Business Insider
- Why you shouldn't wear shorts to work, no matter how casual your office is | Business Insider
- We checked out the Indian alternative to Harley-Davidson that's fueling a new American motorcycle... | Business Insider
- Here's how the Supreme Court striking down a Texas abortion law could affect... | Business Insider
- I tried a cup of kava, the magical South Pacific drink that some say could replace alcohol — here... | Business Insider
- Alert: Fintech revolution hits roadblocks | Business Insider
- The Brexit could shake up the UK media industry | Business Insider