Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- Mid-term Election Cycle Forecasts April Market Peak | Financial Sense
- Supply and Demand Report 9 Mar | ZeroHedge
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Understanding Why It Feels Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In Turkey... | ZeroHedge
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 Coolest Airbnb Rentals In New York City | Business Insider
- AOL Has Deleted The Amazing Photo Of Its Digital Prophet Swinging From A Wrecking Ball | Business Insider
- Netflix Revenues Are Closing In... | Business Insider
- Sheryl Sandberg Enlisted Beyoncé For A 'Lean In'... | Business Insider
- More Than 40 Arrested After UMass Party Spins Out Of Control | Business Insider
- Why Harry Reid Wants Me To Stop Reading The Budget | Business Insider
- Here's The Mind-Blowing Cosmic Calendar From Tonight's Cosmos Premiere | Business Insider