Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The EpiPen Scandal Is Worse Than You Think: What You’re Not Being Told | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross: Yellen's Economy "May Never Walk Normally Again, This Is Not Capitalism" | ZeroHedge
- A Kingdom In Turmoil: Saudi Societal Discontent Grows | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Governor Furious After Pension Fund Cuts Returns Forecast, Sticking Taxpayers With "Crippling" Tax Hike | ZeroHedge
- Confidence In The Fed Is Sinking Fast | ZeroHedge
- The Schizophrenic Fed | Financial Sense
- Dutch Central Bank Refuses To Publish Gold Bar List For Dubious Reasons | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This water is so pure it could strip the minerals from your body | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Sears workers reveal why the company is bleeding cash | Business Insider
- Trump on fatal shooting of Dwyane Wade's... | Business Insider
- Deep Linking Explained: The differences between basic... | Business Insider
- A Harvard psychologist says too many people think about happiness all wrong | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider