Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Capital Controls Arrive: Greece Begins Confiscating Deposits Of "Small Debtors" | ZeroHedge
- EVeRY MaN'S NiGHTMaRe... | ZeroHedge
- Apologies To A Grandson: "It's Not The Country I Imagined For You" | ZeroHedge
- BREAKING: BEARS CAUGHT ON TAPE THIS MORNING | iBankCoin.com
- "Highway Robbery": Are Patients Paying For Biotech M&A Bubble? | ZeroHedge
- CNBC OPENS SAN FRAN BUREAU; MARKET DESCENDS INTO ANARCHY | iBankCoin.com
- Baltimore 'Freddie Gray' Demonstrations Turn Violent: Police Cars Smashed, Stores Looted, Multiple Arrests - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Barca guarding against complacency in La Liga title push | Business Insider
- There's a funny reason people didn't understand how to use... | Business Insider
- NYPD thanks Swedish cops on vacation for breaking up... | Business Insider
- Watch these scientists freak out when they encounter a rare whale | Business Insider
- China is now Apple's top foreign market | Business Insider
- Apple could whiff on earnings and still beat expectations (... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 4/27: (CELG... | StreetInsider.com