Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- It's Settled: Central Banks Trade S&P500 Futures | ZeroHedge
- "Dawn Of Libya" Islamist Militia Group Seizes US Embassy In Tripoli, Holds Pool Party | ZeroHedge
- Past Fear, Present Fear | ZeroHedge
- Busy Week Ahead, ECB Meeting Stands Out | ZeroHedge
- French President Says "There Is Risk Of War" As Europe Plans Additional Russia Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- Putin Calls For "Immediate Talks" Over Eastern Ukraine "Statehood" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MITT ROMNEY: Obama's 'Mistakes' Led To The Rise Of ISIS | Business Insider
- Here's Why Everyone Feels Anxious On Sundays | Business Insider
- 12 McDonald's Russian Stores Closed as Hostilities Mount | TheStreet.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Family Dollar Takeover: The Ball Is in Dollar General’s Court | TheStreet.com
- Williams-Sonoma Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Mario Draghi And The European Central Bank Can't Ignore This Chart | Business Insider