Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Man Sets Himself On Fire Outside Trump D.C. Hotel In Protest Of Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Did Fake News Help Trump? New Study Shows Ads More Important | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
- Chelsea Manning Thanks Obama "For Giving Me A Chance" | ZeroHedge
- The End Of The Obama World Order | ZeroHedge
- "Get Paid Fighting Against Trump" - Ads Across American Cities Reportedly Offer Money To Inauguration Agitators | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Netflix soars to a record high after crushing subscriber growth targets (NFLX... | Business Insider
- Everything we know about the mysterious Beatrice from 'A Series of... | Business Insider
- Target tumbles after cutting its guidance on 'disappointing traffic and... | Business Insider
- Accuser files defamation lawsuit against Trump, promises to drop it if he admits her... | Business Insider
- Fox rejected a construction company's Super Bowl ad because it was too... | Business Insider
- This building changes shape every hour — and it’s incredibly... | Business Insider
- This Finnish guy gets a $600 per month 'basic income' for doing absolutely... | Business Insider