Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Overmedication The Culprit Behind America's Mass-Killing Spree? | ZeroHedge
- An Up Close And Personal Look At The Russian Firepower Deployed In Syria | ZeroHedge
- MeMoiR OF a KeYNeSiaN BuBBLe MaeSTRO... | ZeroHedge
- Punishing Cash: US ATM Withdrawal Fees Soar To All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Prominent Permabull Says Correction Not Over Yet, Expect "Final Capitulation" | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood - Part II | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- A former Facebook employee put up official-looking 'No Tech Zone' signs in San Francisco... | Business Insider
- DuPont CEO Kullman steps down, company lowers guidance | Business Insider
- Seahawks player interrupts Kam Chancellor interview and yells at the team to... | Business Insider
- Nigeria Senate names 20 nominees for president's... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Beating Man United answers critics, says Arsenal boss... | Business Insider