Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And Now "Some Important News About JPMorgan's New Cash Policies" | ZeroHedge
- The Chart Of Doom: When Private Credit Stops Expanding... | ZeroHedge
- Why One Hedge Fund Thinks Saudi Arabia's Three Decade Old Currency Peg Will Fall In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Credit Suisse Plunges To 25 Year Lows After Posting Enormous $5.8 Billion Q4 Loss | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- German Professor Says All Students Should Be Required To Learn Arabic | ZeroHedge
- Sanders Slams Hillary As Wall Street Puppet Ahead Of Critical New Hampshire Primary | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How abortion opponents secretly bought... | Business Insider
- The newest ‘Batman’ game is no longer coming to Mac or Linux, and... | Business Insider
- You can live in the Western Hemisphere's tallest apartment building for just $60... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (GOOG, FB) | Business Insider
- How the 'Deadpool' R-rating will... | Business Insider
- This guy created a genius way to get back at telemarketers — listen... | Business Insider
- This unlikely vehicle is one of Ford's best weapons in its US... | Business Insider