Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Curbs Gold Buying as US Stocks & Dollar Rise Before Fed | Financial Sense
- The Real Reason Why Global Elites Are Implementing a Cash Ban | ZeroHedge
- December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating | Financial Sense
- US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy | Financial Sense
- What Comes After the Trump Rally? | Financial Sense
- Congress Set to Fund ‘McCarthyesque’ Investigation of Alternative Media? | ZeroHedge
- Another Day, Another Melt-Up In Stocks As Gold Hits 10-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Visiting a modern-day salon where people discuss Ben Franklin's ideas showed me how... | Business Insider
- The frontrunner to be the next RNC chair is Mitt... | Business Insider
- The 10 best US states if you want to retire early | Business Insider
- A self-made millionaire shares 3 wealth-building... | Business Insider
- 12 gift ideas for the avid golfer in your life | Business Insider