Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LET’S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT | iBankCoin.com
- The Day The Market Crashed - The Sequel | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready for Shift in Fed Policy | Financial Sense
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Smashes Expectations, Jumps To 12-Month High | ZeroHedge
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Fireworks Fly As Peter Schiff Warns "An Economy That Lives By QE, Dies By QE" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Terrible Things Happen All Of The Time And The Stock Market Keeps Going Up | Business Insider
- Shell posts mixed third-quarter earnings | Business Insider
- America May Have Just Lost One Of Its Top Counterterror Partners In Africa | Business Insider
- The Simple Reason Why The San Francisco Giants Can't Be Considered A Dynasty | Business Insider
- The UK Government Plans To Pay Off $349 Million Of Debt That Stretches Back To The... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- This Site Wants To Provide Expert Investing Insight Without The Price Tag | Business Insider