Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- Trump Issues An Ultimatum To House Republicans: Vote On Friday Or Obamacare Stays | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bugs; Stellar performance stage set again | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns: Forget The Healthcare Bill, "The Psychological Damage Has Been Done" | ZeroHedge
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
- People Are Ditching Chicago In Record Numbers As Windy City Leads U.S. In Population Loss | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Propagandist David Brock Suffers Heart Attack | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US GENERAL: Russia may be helping supply Taliban... | Business Insider
- A new breed of trader is threatening the Wall Street establishment | Business Insider
- A former Russian lawmaker has been shot dead in Kiev and Ukraine is blaming Russia | Business Insider
- We've known how to stop the 'Deaths of Despair' crisis... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- Former Obama Homeland Security chief says some of Trump's anti-terrorism efforts may be... | Business Insider
- Scalable Capital Review 2017: Fees, Returns, Investing Services & Competitors | Business Insider