Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Presenting "Putin's Useful Idiot": Anyone Who Disagrees With The Establishment | ZeroHedge
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
- "Hope" Fades As Consumer Confidence Ignores Stock Market Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Did Verizon Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- "Billionaires For Billary": Mike Bloomberg Will Endorse Hillary | ZeroHedge
- FBI Launches Probe Of 'Putin/Trump' DNC Cyber-Attack | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Colombian drug kingpin sentenced to 35 years in US prison | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's stock market outlook could be really good news for Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- An all-star comedy cast throws an insane party in the 'Office Christmas Party'... | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' executive producer says the answer to the season 6... | Business Insider
- 'The ducks have aligned,' but the Fed will probably miss its... | Business Insider
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into Hall of Fame | Business Insider
- Fully understand the Fintech Ecosystem with this report | Business Insider