Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AUDIBLE: NEW HORSEMAN ADDED | iBankCoin.com
- China's Largest Manager Of Bad Debt On The Economy: "Grim And Complicated" | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Acting Like a Professional Today | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- 302 Reasons To Jump Ship | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Police Forces To Carry Guns For First Time In Over 60 Years | ZeroHedge
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biotech Company Gilead Just Destroyed All Expectations For Sales Of Its New Hepatitis C Drug (GILD) | Business Insider
- Facebook's... | Business Insider
- Here Are The 10 Most Common Mistakes On Tech Resumes | Business Insider
- Everyone In America Should Care About What Chipotle And Netflix Are About To... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Here's How Much Russia Controls Of The World's Most... | Business Insider
- Shaq's LinkedIn Profile Is Perfect | Business Insider
- New York's Favorite Brunch Club Just Added A $1,000 Sundae To The Menu | Business Insider