Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Bails Out Banking System After Interbank Rates Hit 2009 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Bush vs Obama As Explained By Glenn Greenwald In One Tweet | ZeroHedge
- State Tax Revenues Plunge In Q2 | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Dr. Lisa Bardack’s Faustian Bargain | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 legitimate work-from-home jobs nearly anyone can do | Business Insider
- 'You aren't addressing what I'm asking you... | Business Insider
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- The reason why the US isn't making a fuss... | Business Insider
- Here's how Clinton and Trump compare on women's... | Business Insider
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on... | Business Insider
- Thailand is considering tougher... | Business Insider