Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia-China Gas Relationship on the Rocks | Financial Sense
- Greece May Miss ECB Payment As Germany Says Bailout Timeline Is Unrealistic | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Mentally Conflicted | ZeroHedge
- American (Predatory) Capitalism Explained In 130 Seconds | ZeroHedge
- Head Trader Of World's 4th Largest Hedge Fund Caught In HFT Frontrunning Scandal | ZeroHedge
- "Western Central Banks Have Set Us Up; You'll Hear The Printing Presses From Mars" | ZeroHedge
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People are so obsessed with this household de-cluttering method,... | Business Insider
- Why Netflix was the perfect place to revitalize 'Wet Hot... | Business Insider
- Migrant bids to reach Britain sharply down... | Business Insider
- BMW will pay you $1,000 not to charge your hybrid car | Business Insider
- Thousands battle California wildfires | Business Insider
- Japan police arrest MtGox CEO over loss of bitcoins: media... | Business Insider
- 'Veterans' Ledecky, Franklin lead US charge at... | Business Insider