Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The U.S. and Russia Are Gas Giants | Financial Sense
- The Allocation is Nearly Complete | iBankCoin.com
- Do You Even GoPro, Bro? | iBankCoin.com
- Economy Expands at 4.0% Annual Rate in Q2 | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap July 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Bonds & Peso Slide As Fernandez Slams Holdouts For "True Aggression Against Argentina" | ZeroHedge
- Portugal Plunges To 9-Month Lows, Europe's VIX At 3-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Windstream Holdings Stock Is Surging In Pre-Market Trading Today | TheStreet.com
- Orlando Bloom Tried To Punch Justin Bieber Last Night During A Crazy Feud... | Business Insider
- BLACKROCK: Investor Fatigue Seems To Be Setting In | Business Insider
- 13 Weird Psychological Reasons Someone Might Fall In Love With You | Business Insider
- Investors' Tendency To Take The Fed's Predictions Literally Is Bringing... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- Twitter Faces Wall Of Negativity As It Reports Earnings Today (TWTR) | Business Insider