Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Australia’s Housing Bubble: Myth, or Ticking Time Bomb? | Financial Sense
- Earnings Preview - Second Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- China Crash Accelerates, Drags Composite Under 4000; US Futures Flat Ahead Of Nonfarm Payrolls | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- Greek Prime Minister To Address The Nation Shortly | ZeroHedge
- "What If Berlin And Frankfurt Do Not Budge" - How Varoufakis Saw The "Worst Case Scenario" | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Bluff May Be Working: ECB Does Not "Haircut" ELA Collateral | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Zuckerberg's vision of the future is full of artificial... | Business Insider
- US asks Swiss to extradite 7 FIFA officials: government | Business Insider
- Why ZIP codes have 5 numbers — and what they each mean | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Hot new salad chain Sweetgreen just raised a fresh $35 million | Business Insider
- David Cameron is going to try and ban encryption in Britain (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- They finally figured out what to do with old dairy cows | Business Insider