Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office, Access To 'Classified Information' | ZeroHedge
- This New Bubble Is Even Bigger Than The Subprime Fiasco | ZeroHedge
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- D.C. Drama Trashes Trump Trades: Bonds Bid As Banks Bloodbath Most Since Brexit | ZeroHedge
- 'North Korean' Roulette | ZeroHedge
- FHFA Home Price Growth Weakest Since Nov 2013 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The dollar is tumbling | Business Insider
- Here's where NYC's real estate players ranked on Forbes... | Business Insider
- Forget the iPhone 7 — here are 13 reasons the next iPhone will blow... | Business Insider
- We tried this startup’s boots, and they’re just as good as pairs twice their price | Business Insider
- The German bank that loaned $300 million to Trump... | Business Insider
- Inside Samantha Bee's classy $3.7 million New York City apartment | Business Insider
- A gigantic ring of galaxies could... | Business Insider