Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Liquidity Is Back Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: October 23 | ZeroHedge
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- Taking A Spin | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wanderers edge Al Hilal in ACL final first leg | Business Insider
- 15 Must-Have Apps For Your New iPad (APPL) | Business Insider
- Most People Shouldn't Be Giving To Charity | Business Insider
- Amazing Video Shows 1.5 Million Wildebeest Journeying Across The Serengeti | Business Insider
- Woman Quarantined In New Jersey Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- The Genius Behind The Apple Store Wants To Help You... | Business Insider
- WHO eyes mass Ebola vaccines by mid-2015 | Business Insider