Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is How Much Your Health Insurance Payment Is About To Jump By | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Tops $50 For First Time Since October Amid Supply Disruptions | ZeroHedge
- US Spy Plane Disrupts Civilian Flights While Spying On Russia | ZeroHedge
- Just Stop It! | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Trump Has Enough Delegates To Win The Republican Nomination | ZeroHedge
- Here's The Full List Of Organizations That Paid Hillary Clinton From 2013-2015 | ZeroHedge
- Hillary In Trouble: State Department Says Clinton Did Not Comply With Record Policies: Full Report | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A McDonald's... | Business Insider
- The 5 most exciting technologies the US military is building right now | Business Insider
- 14 innovative features in Volvo's latest electric SUV | Business Insider
- Lawmakers are finally doing something about the 70 billion pounds of food... | Business Insider
- THE DRONES REPORT: Market forecasts, regulatory barriers, top vendors, and... | Business Insider
- People are getting worked up over these photos of US soldiers fighting ISIS in Syria | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek