Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White House May Change Calculation Of US Trade Deficit, Boosting Trade War Odds | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Explains The Stakes For Trump And All Of Us | ZeroHedge
- "Fake Data": Economists Concerned Trump Administration Will Adopt 'Alternative' Economic Facts | ZeroHedge
- The Cancer Of War: U.S. Admits To Using Radioactive Munitions In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Democracy: The God That's Failing | ZeroHedge
- Russian Ambassador To UN Vitaly Churkin Has "Died Suddenly" In New York | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia's ambassador to the UN has died | Business Insider
- This is the greatest Corvette ever - and it's only $70,000 (GM) | Business Insider
- Here's the most important imported good in every state | Business Insider
- Here's how Hyperloop One's massive, high-speed transport system will work | Business Insider
- What the 'Tinder for TV shows and movies' has learned... | Business Insider
- Two leaked memos reveal Trump... | Business Insider
- Here's when you should — and shouldn't — hire a financial planner | Business Insider