Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Banks Take Huge Stakes In Aluminum, Petroleum and Other Physical Markets ... Then Manipulate Their Prices | ZeroHedge
- "There Will Be Blood": Petrodollar Death Means A Liquidity And Oil-Exporting Crisis On Deck | ZeroHedge
- As Japanese Bankruptcies Soar, Goldman Warns "Further Yen Depreciation Could Be A Net Burden" | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Concerned About “Importing” Disinflation | Financial Sense
- Oil Slumps To 4 Year Low Ahead Of OPEC, Eurozone Yields New Record Lows: Summary Of Overnight Events | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 26, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Netherlands, Germany Have Euro Disaster Plan - Possible Return to Guilder and Mark | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian Oil Tycoon: US Shale Boom Is 'On-Par' With Dot-Com... | Business Insider
- Apple Has Snubbed The UK On Black Friday | Business Insider
- Here's Some Gossip About Why Twitter Didn't Acquire SoundCloud (TWTR) | Business Insider
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider
- Russia's Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could... | Business Insider
- New Details On Apple's Giant-Sized iPad Might Have Just Leaked (AAPL) | Business Insider
- NFL WEEK 13: Here Are Our Official Picks For... | Business Insider