Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple's Cash Is Now Greater Than The Market Cap Of These S&P500 Companies | ZeroHedge
- ECB Preview: FAQ | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Jumps As Saudi Oil Minister Meets With Russian, Finnish, And Norwegian Ambassadors | ZeroHedge
- Yesterday's "Dip" Was A Warning... To Get Out Of The Casino | ZeroHedge
- The Timestamps Begin: "The Impact Of The Blizzard On Employment Will Be Near Zero" | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Terror Threat | ZeroHedge
- The Template Of Life In America Has Broken | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why I'm Dying To Invest In North Korea | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Why British And American Chocolate Taste Different | Business Insider
- How To Dress For Work When It’s Freezing Outside | Business Insider
- Here's Everything Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Just Said About Alibaba | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Hiring An Operations Associate | Business Insider
- 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The iPhone | Business Insider