Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I Booked the Trade | iBankCoin.com
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- A Fortuitous Cover on My Cup of Mud | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Go Vertical (Again), Just Because | ZeroHedge
- Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now | Financial Sense
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Keep Your Eye on These Disruptive Tech Ventures | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- College Football Coach Explains Why One Of His Players Played Dead On A Fake Punt | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- DONALD TRUMP: I 'May' Save Atlantic City After All | Business Insider
- The Rare Virus Infecting Kids All Over The US Has Shown Up In New... | Business Insider
- This Is The Last Generation Of Chinese Women To Endure The... | Business Insider
- Gold Looks Like Death | Business Insider
- How 3 Die-Hard Fans Convinced Coca-Cola To Bring Back Surge Soda | Business Insider