Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Bubble Talk | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Headline Of The Day: Tax-Cheating IRS Staff Got Bonuses | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Have Realized Their Worst Nightmares Are Approaching | ZeroHedge
- Fighting the Good Fight at Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- Banker Death 'Epidemic' Spreads To China | ZeroHedge
- Turning Points | Financial Sense
- No Spring Rebound for Existing Home Sales | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The FCC Will Lay Out New Rules On Thursday That Could Destroy Net... | Business Insider
- Why Facebook Just Got Upgraded | TheStreet.com
- Pro-Russian Militia Have Kidnapped A Vice Reporter — US '... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Facebook Earnings: Expect a Bullish Revenue Decline | TheStreet.com
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Meet The Former Diplomat Who's Wanted By The FBI For... | Business Insider