Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Contrary To IRS Lies, Some 30,000 Lois Lerner "Forever Lost" Emails Have Been Recovered | ZeroHedge
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- Forget Orwell And Rand, We’ve Gone To Full On Plato | ZeroHedge
- Student Debt By Major: What Not To Study To Avoid A Lifetime Of Debt Slavery | ZeroHedge
- And The Person Responsible For Japan's Economic Endgame Is... Paul Krugman | ZeroHedge
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Reveals Mark Cuban's Strategy On The Show And... | Business Insider
- Russia Is Overstating The Funds At Its... | Business Insider
- Former ZocDoc Employee Says She Is Suing The Company Following Sexual Harassment | Business Insider
- Bank of England 'probes money-market rigging' | Business Insider
- Bill Cosby's Lawyer Issues New Statement Tearing Into The Media | Business Insider
- New setback for Cosby as Vegas show cancelled | Business Insider
- 24 More Incredible Images You Won't Believe Were Found On Google Street View | Business Insider