Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fake News of Fakebook: Welcome to the Machine | ZeroHedge
- America's Real 'Division' (Summarized In 100 Seconds) | ZeroHedge
- The Following Words Had Never Appeared In An Inaugural Address, Until Today | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides After Rig Count Spikes Most Since April 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Man Shot Outside University of Washington MILO Event, Gunman Spoke On Camera Minutes Before Incident (VIDEO) | ZeroHedge
- "The Potential Problems Are As Follows" - How The Bull Market Could End According To Credit Suisse | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Donald Trump Becomes The 45th President Of The United States Of America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why each political party in the US thinks the other is living in an... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's how much debt the US government added under... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- MNUCHIN: The US may need 'a 21st century version' of... | Business Insider
- China GDP beats, high-tech industries surge | Business Insider
- Why thousands of Iranians are fighting in Syria | Business Insider