Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War | ZeroHedge
- "One Of The Defining Investment Moments Of The Next Few Years" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Slams Barroso Over Leaked "Take Kiev In 2 Weeks" Comments, Revises Military Doctrine | ZeroHedge
- The Chart Obama Does Not Want Merkel To See | ZeroHedge
- Asian Property Prices Are Falling "As If There's A Global Financial Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- And The Best Performing Asset In August Was... | ZeroHedge
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com
- Why Apollo Investment, Royal Bank of Canada Should Be in Your Portfolio | TheStreet.com
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Just Accidentally Revealed The Next Version Of Windows Is Coming Soon (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects | Business Insider
- Splunk Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Ryder Cup wildcard challenge for McGinley and Watson | Business Insider