Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: April 28 | ZeroHedge
- Amazon Soars To New All Time High After Smashing Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Continue To Surge Sparking Fears Of Bubble 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Inflows Into European Stocks Since 2015, Just As The Economic Pullback Begins | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Pause Ahead Of GDP Report; Nasdaq Hits Fresh Record High | ZeroHedge
- Canada's Housing Bubble Explodes As Its Biggest Mortgage Lender Crashes Most In History | ZeroHedge
- The Issues Americans Think Are Worth A Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon launches Echo Look (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rules that women can be... | Business Insider
- 7 real people share the life hacks that save them thousands... | Business Insider
- A supermodel-backed music festival where tickets cost up to $12,000 turned into a... | Business Insider
- This simple chart can show you how close you are to early retirement | Business Insider
- NFL draft pick has a priceless story about finding out he got... | Business Insider
- Man sues Coke after allegedly finding mouse in soda (KO) | Business Insider