Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steen Jakobsen Warns, Brace For The Next Recession | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Accidentally E-mails Top-Secret Brexit Plan To Newspaper | ZeroHedge
- Japan Pleases Markets With Surprise Growth | Financial Sense
- Grexit "Disaster" Looms As Greek Hospitals Run Out Of Sheets, Painkillers | ZeroHedge
- Lake Mead Water Level Mysteriously Plunges After Nevada Quake | ZeroHedge
- Secular Versus Cyclical: Notes From SIC 2015 | Financial Sense
- Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most embarrassing Russian military failures of all time | Business Insider
- Malaysia home minister 'says mass graves found' | Business Insider
- Burundi activists suspend govt talks as opposition... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Sharapova, Murray get French Open bids underway | Business Insider
- Ireland 'changed utterly' by gay marriage vote | Business Insider
- Here's what getting £578 million wiped off your... | Business Insider