Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
- 51 Dead As TransAsia Flight Makes Forced Landing In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- The Rot Within, Part I: Our Ponzi Economy | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Another Candidate to Bounce Back from the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Coming | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Businessman David Perdue Scores Big Upset Victory In Georgia... | Business Insider
- Finally, A Novel About People Tweeting About Writing Their Novels | Business Insider
- 9 Insider Tips On Acing A Harvard Business School Interview | Business Insider
- Amazon's New Earbuds Won't Get Tangled And They're A Lot Better... | Business Insider
- The Inventory Of Low-End American Homes Continues To Be Tight | Business Insider
- Putin-Backed Rebels Shoot Down Two Ukrainian Fighter Jets | Business Insider
- One Out Of Every 21 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | Business Insider