Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Path To Total Dictatorship: America's Shadow Government And Its Silent Coup | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
- Bundesbank Confirms HFTs Reduce Liquidity, Contribute To Flash Crashes, Withdraw At Times Of "Market Stress" | ZeroHedge
- The 'Real' Reasons People Will Vote For Trump | ZeroHedge
- What Wall Street Expects From Apple Today, And Why It Is So Critical For The Entire Tech Sector | ZeroHedge
- Eric Peters: "We Are Right Back Where We Started"... And Why Everyone Loves Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- German Ammunition Sales Skyrocket Tenfold In First Half Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 26 best shows to binge-watch in 20 hours or less | Business Insider
- Eli Lily missed on revenue thanks to weak demand outside the US (LLY) | Business Insider
- Older athletes stopped exercising for 10 days and it transformed... | Business Insider
- Sheryl Crow petitions DNC and RNC to shorten presidential elections so... | Business Insider
- The Japanese yen is sliding | Business Insider
- Prince’s secretive $10 million estate is about to open as a museum | Business Insider
- The massive AT&T-Time Warner deal could mean up to $390 million in fees for Wall... | Business Insider