Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2016 Debate Preparation Begins | ZeroHedge
- Wells CEO Resigns From Fed Advisory Council As Pressure Mounts | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- Recession Watch: US Freight Drops To Worst Level Since 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Who Is Behind The Riots? Charlotte Police Says 70% Of Arrested Protesters Had Out Of State IDs | ZeroHedge
- Gold Up 1.5%, Silver Surges 3% - Yellen Stays Ultra Loose At 0.25% | ZeroHedge
- Dismal Deja Vu: Fannie & Freddie Lower Lending Standards | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Good news! Wall Street might not have as lousy a year as we all... | Business Insider
- Three Phoenix police officers... | Business Insider
- Ted Cruz should have listened to me | Business Insider
- Oil rigs keep climbing | Business Insider
- The Seattle Mariners have suspended catcher for remainder of season after... | Business Insider
- DEUTSCHE BANK COMPLIANCE CHIEF: 'I need at least another... | Business Insider
- A new study finds there's a major difference between how rich... | Business Insider