Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Titanic Snobbiness | iBankCoin.com
- The Ratings Industry Is A Stupid Place | iBankCoin.com
- The Next Step In the Resurgence | iBankCoin.com
- Watch Out for the Adam’s Apple in Thailand and You’ll Be Fine | iBankCoin.com
- My #1, Back Up the Truck Now, Idea | iBankCoin.com
- Equity Rallies Are Corrective, Downside Risks Remain, BofAML Says | ZeroHedge
- Baffle With Fake BS: Chinese Q1 GDP Beats And Misses At The Same Time | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Less Than One-Third Of Top... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Celgene Is America’s Best Employer | Business Insider
- Boston Police Detain Suspicious Man And Investigate Unattended Backpacks At Marathon Finish... | Business Insider
- Two Charts That Show Where The Money Has Been Going This Month (SPX, SPY, DIA,... | Business Insider
- GM CEO Mary Barra Launches Product Integrity Group | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Good-News Monday | TheStreet.com
- Here's How Many iPhones Wall Street Thinks Apple Sold Last Quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider