Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ANTIFA Upset For Not Being Able to Punch 'Nazis' Without Consequences | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Winning horse in presidential race was Trojan | ZeroHedge
- 50,000 Police Monitor As 47 Million French Voters Decide The Fate Of Europe | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Is China Trying To (Slowly) Burst Another Stock Market Bubble? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Jump As Trump Promises Plan For "Biggest Tax Cut Ever" Next Week (Again) | ZeroHedge
- The Simple Reason Why A Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs | Business Insider
- 8 affordable watch companies every guy should know | Business Insider
- 5 sobering charts that show how many resources Americans use and waste | Business Insider
- Jeff Sessions on the uproar over his Hawaii insult: 'Give me a break' | Business Insider
- I'm an entrepreneur who's... | Business Insider
- The American government's secret plan for surviving the end of... | Business Insider
- Why Trump's claim that he's expanding the military is absurd | Business Insider