Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Elon Musk Reveals The Spaceship For Colonizing Mars - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Oil Pops After Crude Inventories Unexpectedly Drop | ZeroHedge
- Will Yellen Resign If Trump Wins | ZeroHedge
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
- Jihadists Target Spain | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Is Assessing Size Of Criminal Penalty It Can Levy On Volkswagen "Without Putting Company Out Of Business" | ZeroHedge
- Don't Blame "Baby Boomers" For Not Retiring - They Can't Afford To! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Leaked photos reveal Google's two new smartphones | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Apple just made a huge deal to push the iPhone into big businesses (AAPL) | Business Insider
- PUTIN'S DILEMMA: How to save a system... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- THE REGTECH REPORT:... | Business Insider