Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Carnage Continues - WTI Hits $55 Handle, Brent Tests $60 | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Condition of Prices that will Absorb the Greek Referendum Results | ZeroHedge
- Athenian Democracy vs. Neoliberal Gods | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Dealer Unexpectedly "Suspends Operations" Due To "Significant Transactional Delays" | ZeroHedge
- FReeDoM... | ZeroHedge
- US Pushed For IMF Greek Haircut Study Release After Euro 'Allies' Tried To Block | ZeroHedge
- The $100 Trillion Bond Bubble Just Burst | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Don't expect work-life balance if you want to be rich | Business Insider
- Science explains how sunscreen works | Business Insider
- The 'British Airbnb' raised a tonne of cash to take... | Business Insider
- Britain is going to try and ban encryption | Business Insider
- 9 reasons why you should book your next trip to Switzerland | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court is ignoring a huge wave in American politics | Business Insider
- What to do after the first hour after you've been hacked | Business Insider