Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Erdogan: "As Long As They Call Me Dictator, I Will Call Them Fascists And Nazis" | ZeroHedge
- Vegas Strip Partially Shut After One Person Shot Dead; Gunman Surrenders After Barricade Stand Off With police | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- Did Artificial Intelligence Deny You Credit? | Financial Sense
- Priebus, Price Blamed For Healthcare Failure: NYT | ZeroHedge
- Car Rams Into Pedestrians In Islington Area Of London; One Male Arrested | ZeroHedge
- Scientists Warn That The Coming California Megaquake Could Plunge Large Portions Of The State Into The Ocean | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A real estate developer says the biggest house-flipping mistake he sees doesn't have... | Business Insider
- New Jersey's most expensive home is back on the market for $48.8 million — take a... | Business Insider
- This 90-year-old... | Business Insider
- Artificial intelligence isn’t science fiction – it’s a... | Business Insider
- Apple just won a big victory in China | Business Insider
- China: Even if we're... | Business Insider
- SPICER: Trump 'left everything on the field' for GOP Obamacare... | Business Insider