Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MeeT JoHNNY JiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- China Just Sided With Russia Over The Ukraine Conflict | ZeroHedge
- Uneven Housing Recovery in Pictures | Financial Sense
- Architecture Billings Index Flashes Warning | Financial Sense
- Do Not Show Jim Bullard This Chart! | ZeroHedge
- The Data Shows the REAL Economy is Imploding…Is a Crash Next? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US, Cuba seek breakthrough in new round of historic talks... | Business Insider
- Ford could launch its own 'Uber-like' app in London | Business Insider
- Herbalife says 2015 isn't going to be as great as it thought | Business Insider
- Ukraine conflict at 'crossroads' as troop... | Business Insider
- VIDEO: Greece's far-left protesters are already... | Business Insider
- 11 places that have the same name in Britain and America but look very... | Business Insider
- DARPA is working on tiny satellites that could... | Business Insider