Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gates Net Worth Tops $90 Billion For First Time: 0.5% Of US GDP | ZeroHedge
- What Are The Odds That The 2020-2022 Olympics Will Be Cancelled? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Slides After Biggest Inventory Build In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Accused Of "Fearmongering" After Telling Germans To Stockpile Food "In Case Of Catastrophe" | ZeroHedge
- Analyzing Trump's Election Chances: What Does The Donald Need To Do To Win? | ZeroHedge
- Children Of The American Police State: Just Another Brick In The Wall | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rolls Over On Another Headline That Iran "Won't Confirm" Attendance Of OPEC Meeting | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Pokémon Go phenomenon has peaked, and is in decline | Business Insider
- A Chinese billionaire splurged on this superyacht | Business Insider
- Here's what's dragging down the restaurant industry | Business Insider
- The best men's work bag at every price point, from under $100 and up | Business Insider
- A massive crack is threatening to cause an... | Business Insider
- The first Italian pilot has qualified as an F-35A instructor | Business Insider
- This 25-person startup just raised $9 million using these 9 slides | Business Insider