Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sarah Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal As "Crony Capitalism", "Corporate Welfare" | ZeroHedge
- "Pizzagate" Explodes After Man Arrested In Comet Restaurant Shooting | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Home Prices Rose 5.1% Year-over-Year, Gains Continue in September | Financial Sense
- Did The Market Just Flash A Hindenburg Omen Warning? | ZeroHedge
- Is The US Government Behind The Fake News Media Attacks On President-Elect Trump? | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Pays $60 Million To Settle Gold-Manipulation Lawsuit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 unethical — and sometimes illegal — life hacks people use to get ahead in life | Business Insider
- I've taken AncestryDNA and 23andMe genetics tests — here's what I tell... | Business Insider
- A 58-story skyscraper in San Francisco is sinking — here's why it probably won... | Business Insider
- Apple's head of special projects Paul Deneve... | Business Insider
- Trump broadens search for secretary of state beyond Romney, Giuliani,... | Business Insider
- Tesco is set to dominate the UK again — here's how | Business Insider
- The most dangerous foods for your pets | Business Insider