Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- It's Official: Donald Trump Becomes The 45th President Of The United States Of America | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, Copper Market Analysis 1-21-2017 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trump Takes Over 'Riskiest' America Since World War II | ZeroHedge
- 25 Years Of Neocon-Neoliberalism: Great For The Top 5%, A Disaster For Everyone Else | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs First Executive Order To "Ease The Burden Of Obamacare" | ZeroHedge
- Summing Up 8 Years Of Barack Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 9 biggest marches and protests in American history | Business Insider
- Harvard economist Rogoff explains why he is so... | Business Insider
- How this advertising company uses its training program... | Business Insider
- STOCKS CLIMB: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Citigroup is finally be shutting down its 'bad bank' — 8 years... | Business Insider
- Trump addresses the CIA: 'I am with you 1,000%' | Business Insider
- How an Israeli psychic convinced the CIA he could read minds | Business Insider