Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 19 Surprising Facts About The Messed Up State Of The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- What’s the true risk for the Global Economy? | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Cleric Blasts Twitter As "Source Of All Evil" As Riyal Slides To Lowest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Drop On Oil Dump & ECB Reality-Check | ZeroHedge
- Is It All About Ebola After All? | ZeroHedge
- It’s Not Just Spying – How The NSA Has Turned Into A Giant Profit Center For Corrupt Insiders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Facebook Is a 'More Compelling Investment' Than Twitter | TheStreet.com
- These Two Maps Explain ISIS's Chokehold Over Iraq | Business Insider
- Traders Say Three Changes Have Sent The Stock Market Surging Back | Business Insider
- The Real Allure Of Superintelligent Machines Isn't Scientific — It's... | Business Insider
- Giants And Royals Prove Once Again That Baseball Is All About Who Gets Hot At The Right Time... | Business Insider
- Here's The Chilling Aftermath From The Plane... | Business Insider