Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WaRReN BuFFeT EXPLaiNS NaSH EQuiLiBRiuM | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: The Case For Truly 'Free' Trade | ZeroHedge
- Secular Trends in New Residential Building Permits and Housing Starts | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Perilous "Fake It Till You Make It" Strategy May Be Coming Home To Roost | ZeroHedge
- Cold War 2.0: Visualizing All Recent "Close Encounters" Between Russian And NATO Warplanes | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Should The Clinton 2016 Campaign Change Its Logo? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece issues fresh warning on IMF payment in June | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- German woman, 65 and mother of 13, has quadruplets | Business Insider
- As antitrust case looms, 'Peak Google' debated | Business Insider
- Exit polls give 'Indignados' possible lead in... | Business Insider
- There was an important scene cut out of ‘Tomorrowland’ | Business Insider
- Dad-bods, stilettogate, 3D penis: Cannes highlights... | Business Insider