Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Risks Of Loose Money - Exposing The Link Between Monetary Policy And Social Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Largest Saudi Bank Crashes To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Warns Obamacare "Very Near Collapse" | ZeroHedge
- Is The End Nigh? Former FOMC Member Warns "The Fed Is Vulnerable" | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Admits "Lapses In Accountability" Led To Loss Of Hundreds Of Thousands Of US Guns In Afghanistan And Iraq | ZeroHedge
- University of Chicago Tells Millennials to Suck It Up, "We Do Not Condone 'Safe Spaces'" | ZeroHedge
- Is Portugal The Next "Shoe To Drop" In Europe? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Orlando hospitals won't bill Pulse... | Business Insider
- Successful power couples that stay together have these 8 things... | Business Insider
- A 'potentially significant market shift' is happening in housing | Business Insider
- This crazy 'Star Wars' theory flips everything we know about Rey in 'The... | Business Insider
- How Microsoft turned its embarrassment over Windows 8 into a '... | Business Insider
- Mylan says it just cut the price of EpiPens in half — but here's the fine... | Business Insider
- Facebook's new app for high schoolers has a... | Business Insider