Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obamacare "Death Spiral" Looms As Co-Op Losses Mount | ZeroHedge
- ECB Embarrassment: €18 In QE Generated Just €1 In GDP Growth | ZeroHedge
- Here's How CIA Puppet-Masters Are Deliberately Picking A 'World War III Level' Fight | ZeroHedge
- "Sometimes Party Loyalty Asks Too Much" - Lifelong Establishment Democrat Urges Voters To Support Trump | ZeroHedge
- New DHS Emails Reveal Efforts To Rush Citizenship Grants "Due To Election" | ZeroHedge
- How Sand Is Leading to a Fracking Comeback | Financial Sense
- WTI Extends Losses As US Oil Rig Count Rises To 7-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how the world's most iconic brands have... | Business Insider
- Tinder's sociologist reveals an easy way to get more... | Business Insider
- THE DIGITAL REMITTANCE REPORT: The new platforms... | Business Insider
- 3 things to do when you find out you're being underpaid | Business Insider
- Here's our first look at Shia LaBeouf as tennis legend John McEnroe for... | Business Insider
- 'This is not a normal election year': New York Times... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is taking an ax to its business in Asia | Business Insider