Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Churn, Baby, Churn - The China Commodity Bubble Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Death Of #NeverTrump | ZeroHedge
- Shariah Gold Cometh – $2 Trillion In Assets “Could Send Price Soaring” | ZeroHedge
- "Summer Of Shocks" Is Upon Us: BofA Warns "Own Volatility", Wait To Buy Stocks Until VIX > 20 | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Buy Back Higher in November | Financial Sense
- Here Comes The Turkish Flood: EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel For 80 Million Turks | ZeroHedge
- German Study Proves It – 95% Of Greek "Bailout" Money Went To The Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jimmy Iovine is in charge of Apple Music and his title is just '... | Business Insider
- The painkiller Percocet was reportedly found in Prince's body when he died | Business Insider
- Zimbabwe is selling off its wildlife to save animals from a devastating... | Business Insider
- Top North Carolina lawmaker says state won't be 'bullied' by DOJ... | Business Insider
- The only map you need to see to know the Arctic is the next major frontier | Business Insider
- Here's how far in advance you should book your flight | Business Insider
- The Golden State Warriors are still an overwhelming favorite to win the NBA... | Business Insider