Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Australia Stunned After ISIS Plan To "Publicly Behead Random Person In Sydney" Foiled | ZeroHedge
- Larry Ellison Steps Down As CEO Of Oracle | ZeroHedge
- With A Market Cap Of $168 Billion, Alibaba Is Bigger Than... | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Hints It May Act to Stop Oil Price Slide | Financial Sense
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Alibaba Open Indication Puts Its Market Cap Greater Than Facebook, Verizon, JPMorgan, Just Under Wal-Mart | ZeroHedge
- On The Ambiguity Of The Fed's Dot Plot | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Absolutely Loves 'Forrest Gump' | Business Insider
- US HOUSEHOLD NET WORTH INCREASED BY $1.4 TRILLION | Business Insider
- Alibaba Gains 38% On First Day Of Trading (BABA, YHOO) | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Mad, Bad And Simply Hilarious Images From... | Business Insider
- Hours Before The Alibaba IPO, The NYSE Is Already A Madhouse | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek