Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Central Bank Injects A Record 1.035 Trillion In Bank Liquidity This Week | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Bullion Are Surging As Small Caps Give Up 2017 Gains | ZeroHedge
- In A Free Market, No Profit Is "Excessive" | ZeroHedge
- Japan: An Inflection Point | Financial Sense
- US Equities... Last. Man. Standing. | ZeroHedge
- Does A Rogue Deep State Have Trump's Back? | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jack Ma: Trump is open minded, and 'China and US will never have a trade war' | Business Insider
- More than 80 dolphins have mysteriously died off the coast of Florida | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank is scrapping bonuses for senior employees... | Business Insider
- NIGERIA: A military jet mistakenly bombed a refugee camp and killed... | Business Insider
- More new multimillion-dollar skyscrapers rose in 2016 than any other year in history | Business Insider
- Trump's pick for the top US healthcare role got hammered for shady investments into... | Business Insider
- These sheets are one of the best purchases I’ve ever made —... | Business Insider