Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Violent Protesters Storm Trump Rally In New Mexico; Throw Rocks, Bottles At Riot Police | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank CEO "Very Disappointed" By Moody's Downgrade | ZeroHedge
- The Return Of Fracking To UK? First Permit Issued In Five Years | ZeroHedge
- Ralph Acampora: Technicians Are Very Bearish Right Now | Financial Sense
- Volumeless Short Squeeze Lifts Stocks Green For 2016, Oil Nears $50 | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Rising prices of raisins - The real effect of rampant inflation and FX | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASA is about to expand its giant inflatable habitat on the International Space... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- This 'SNL' star explains how she pretended to be a Scientologist to get... | Business Insider
- The public is not ready for self-driving cars (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- There's a waterfall in New Zealand that's filled with 1000s of baby seals | Business Insider
- 23 photos that show North Korea's obsession with huge, weird... | Business Insider
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider