Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Stinging Defeat For Trump": House Delays Health Care Vote On Doubts It Can Pass | ZeroHedge
- Former Attorney for George W. Bush, Richard Painter, Says Alt-Right Websites Are Guilty of Treason | ZeroHedge
- Ford Warns "Used Car Prices Will Drop For Years" | ZeroHedge
- Confusion Over Identity Of London Terrorism Suspect, As Previously Named Abu Izzadeen Is Still In Prison | ZeroHedge
- Trump Approves TransCanada's Keystone XL Pipeline | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- Revised GOP Health Plan Gets Terrible CBO Score: All The Negatives, Almost No Positives | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Navy is using drones to prep for future tensions with Russia... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel thinks he knows the real reason behind Ivanka Trump... | Business Insider
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- Senate Republicans just voted to give internet providers the green light to... | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to engaging with shoppers on multiple... | Business Insider
- The Secret Service requested $60 million of additional funding to protect the Trump family | Business Insider
- A shocking new study just disproved the 130-year-... | Business Insider