Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Revolving Door Farce: CFTC Commissioner Bails To Head Regulator's Biggest Opponent | ZeroHedge
- THe PaTH To McJiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 23 | ZeroHedge
- A Summer Morning Snapshot | iBankCoin.com
- Two Wrongs Make A Right? Zillow, Trulia Soar On Incomeless Acquisition Plan | ZeroHedge
- Things In The Middle East Are About To Get Much Worse | ZeroHedge
- As Fracking Expands, So Does Opposition – Even In Texas | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Two Social Networks Will Make You Money | Business Insider
- How One Man Earns Up To $1,000 A Week By Standing In Line | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Biotech Giant Blows Away Expectations After Selling $3.5 Billion Of Its '... | Business Insider
- Here’s Why Tim Cook Is Upbeat On iPads Despite Its Shrinking Sales | Business Insider
- In One Tweet, Here's Why Apple Will Be Happy To... | Business Insider
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Is Easily One Of The... | Business Insider