Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dr. Lacy Hunt on US Endgame and Greatest Risk to Financial Markets | Financial Sense
- Rotation is Underway | iBankCoin.com
- Introducing the Zero Labor Factory (90% Free Actually) | Financial Sense
- New York Investment Banker Jumps To His Death From Luxury Downtown Building | ZeroHedge
- A Correction is Coming | iBankCoin.com
- Former SEC Officials Demand SEC Chief: Stop Protecting Corporate Cronyism | ZeroHedge
- THE COURRECTION HAS ENDED | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Buhari to be sworn in as Nigeria president after... | Business Insider
- Google is laying the foundation for the future of virtual reality right now (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Kerry, Zarif launch key nuclear talks in Geneva | Business Insider
- All right folks, it's time I reminded you how frighteningly expensive and risky stocks are ...... | Business Insider
- Samsung is reportedly developing a crazy phone with two screens that you might... | Business Insider
- Google is partnering with Levi's to create smart pants that can control... | Business Insider