Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US-Saudi Relationship (Summed Up In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jumps On OPEC's El-Badri's "$200 A Barrel Sometime" Comments | ZeroHedge
- The New "Shadow Of The Crisis Has Passed" Normal (In 1 Fact-Ridden Chart) | ZeroHedge
- S&P Cuts Russia To Junk, Ruble Plunges To 6-Week Lows - Full Text | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Drama Has Ended | iBankCoin.com
- What to Look for in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Is Mattel CEO "Resignation" A Sign Of Things To Come For Retail Execs? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Economist Explains In Simple Terms Why Deflation Is Dangerous | Business Insider
- The 9 Best Ramen Spots In NYC | Business Insider
- Premier League trio avoid fresh FA Cup shocks | Business Insider
- Police Raided Amazon's Tokyo Headquarters Looking For Child... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Two Companies Are Battling Over Oil In The South China Sea | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com