Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Manufacturing Jumps to 33-Year High | Financial Sense
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
- The Conflictual Relationship Between Donald Trump And The US "Deep State" - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- HSBC Reports One of the Biggest Misses of the Year, We Warned Quite Thoroughly in September | ZeroHedge
- TSA Security Breach At JFK Allows Eleven Unchecked Passengers On Flights | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Broker Ranking Published at StockBrokers.com | FundMyMutualFund
- Selling Of French Bonds Accelerates As Le Pen Extends Lead, Macron Tumbles In Latest Poll | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a simple rule you can follow if you can't decide whether to buy or lease a... | Business Insider
- The next iPhone could make it so you never have to worry about having... | Business Insider
- Here's exactly what to do when your coworker... | Business Insider
- 'A murderer and sociopathic serial killer': One of Philippine... | Business Insider
- MEET THE NEW EXECUTIVE BRANCH: Here's who Trump has... | Business Insider
- This founder who sold a startup for $200 million wants to build the next ESPN... | Business Insider
- This personalized watercraft glides above the water... | Business Insider