Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Plenty of Biological Gems Washing Up Ashore | iBankCoin.com
- Ukraine Risk Soars To 4 Year High As Opposition Offices Raided, Protests Continue - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Steeping Your Market Tea on a Wintry Morning | iBankCoin.com
- The Pain In Spain Is Mainly... Everywhere | ZeroHedge
- 37 Reasons Why "The Economic Recovery Of 2013" Is A Giant Lie | ZeroHedge
- Seeking Guidance...?! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The WTO Just Came To A Historic Trade Deal — Here's What... | Business Insider
- PAUL KRUGMAN: Bitcoin's Value Is Driven By The Fact That It Sounds Impressive | Business Insider
- 19 Awesome Photos From The NFL's Epic Snow Day | Business Insider
- 5 Rocket Stocks to Buy Before 2014 | TheStreet.com
- China Took An Important Step Towards Liberalizing Interest Rates This Weekend | Business Insider
- 20 Photorealistic Pictures Of Computer-Generated People | Business Insider
- Veteran DC Police Officer Being... | Business Insider