Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Internet Censorship in US and Europe Is Coordinated | ZeroHedge
- "Pizzagate" Explodes After Man Arrested In Comet Restaurant Shooting | ZeroHedge
- 20 Years Later, Greenspan's "Irrational Exuberance" Has Become Even More Irrational | ZeroHedge
- Redneck Investin Part 4 - Free on the Fringe | ZeroHedge
- Trump Saber Rattles China, Heightens His Anti-Globalist Rhetoric on Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
- Communism Again Gets A Free Pass - Setting The Record Straight On Castro | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Pay helps banks push services (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A 58-story skyscraper in San Francisco is sinking — here's why it probably won... | Business Insider
- Snowden: ‘Petraeus leaked more damning information than I did’ | Business Insider
- The 'Westworld' season finale broke ratings records for... | Business Insider
- An experimental treatment eliminated an aggressive... | Business Insider
- 6 beautiful new public parks and plazas coming to New York City | Business Insider
- 'Westworld' actor talks his character's twist and whether he... | Business Insider