Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fact Or Fiction: Raytheon CEO To Obama "It's Getting Out Of Hand In Libya" | ZeroHedge
- Technical And Fundamental Analysis Explained | ZeroHedge
- AAPL Tumble Sparks Stock Slump - Yellen Gains Gone | ZeroHedge
- Can Tesla’s Latest Venture Live Up to the Hype? | Financial Sense
- GET INSIDE THE OIL BARREL WITH ME | iBankCoin.com
- What the Latest Payroll Data Really Means for the Labor Market | Financial Sense
- If You See A Terrorist Say Something, FBI Warns After Busting ISIS Threat To "Kill President Of US" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After Arsenal, mean Monaco look to lock out PSG | Business Insider
- The craziest financial schemes that the Vatican Bank tried to cover up | Business Insider
- Google is merging its European operations (GOOG) | Business Insider
- For one week, employees at this cyber security company get to play the bad guys (SYMC) | Business Insider
- Greece hails 'turn in the tide' but debt problems... | Business Insider
- These are the hardest things to get used to when living in... | Business Insider
- Former AIG CEO Bob Benmosche has died | Business Insider