Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Durable Goods Orders Crater In May - Longest Non-Recessionary Slump In American History | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges 15% To £968 Per Ounce – BREXIT Creates EU Contagion Risk | ZeroHedge
- America's Seen 50% Surge In Partisan Conflict Since Obama's Second Term Started | ZeroHedge
- "Victory For Freedom" - Le Pen Demands Referendum For France | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Gold Spikes Most In 7 Years To 27-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Fed's National Activity Index Plunges In May | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These solar powered, floating homes could be the future of housing | Business Insider
- GOLD IS ROCKETING HIGHER | Business Insider
- Millennials drink over 40% of the wine in the US — and this... | Business Insider
- Watch this award-winning champion's clever tactic for... | Business Insider
- Yahoo's former CEO just bought a $3.35 million home in Los Angeles — take a look... | Business Insider
- UK voters are Googling 'What is the EU?' — right after... | Business Insider
- Here come new home sales ... | Business Insider