Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welcome To Obama's Recovery: Carrier Moving 1400 Jobs To Mexico | ZeroHedge
- Gold Soars, Stocks Sink Despite Biggest Oil Rally In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Sanders To Hillary: "I'm Proud To Say Henry Kissinger Is Not My Friend" | ZeroHedge
- Edward Altman: Risk in High Yield Market at 2007 Levels; Not Isolated to Energy | Financial Sense
- Abewrongics - 16 Months Of Japanese Money-Printing For Nothing | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Systemic Risk Is Rising For All Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Citi Explains The Most Surprising Thing About The Market Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peyton Manning's mention of Budweiser... | Business Insider
- Go inside a bonkers $84.5 million Manhattan townhouse being sold by a noted real... | Business Insider
- The surprising way your gut can affect your bone strength | Business Insider
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia found dead in Texas | Business Insider
- The tragic story of Donald Trump’s late brother Fred | Business Insider
- 2 students killed in shooting at high school in... | Business Insider
- Women take longer than men to pay off their student loans — here's why... | Business Insider