Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dramatic Footage: Drone Flies Over Devastated Kathmandu, Reveals Earthquake Destruction | ZeroHedge
- The Limits Of Propaganda | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, Copper, & Crude Are Soaring On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
- Who Is Really Choosing America's Next President? | ZeroHedge
- The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold | Financial Sense
- AAPL Beats Expectations As China Becomes Dominant iPhone Market; Cash Jumps But So Does Debt | ZeroHedge
- Iran Forces Open Fire On, Seize "Trespassing"US Cargo Ship With 34 People On Board, Arabiya Reports | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The ultimate sign that Wall Street's pecking order has been totally... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, AAPL, DB, IGTE, COCO,... | Business Insider
- More leaked screenshots show us what the new Start Menu in Windows 10 looks... | Business Insider
- This portable external charger is a must-have for anyone who travels for work [... | Business Insider
- It sounds like Warren Buffett might be taking it easy at the Berkshire... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul has a plan to convince Jewish voters he's on their side | Business Insider
- Watch these scientists freak out when they encounter a rare whale | Business Insider