Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Air Force Chief Foresees Decades More US Wars | ZeroHedge
- David Rosenberg Calls For A Multi-Trillion, "Helicopter Money" Stimulus Package | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank and the Fraud of Too-Big-To-Fail | ZeroHedge
- Never Before Seen Secret Memo On AIG Bailout From Fed's Tarullo To Obama Revealed In Podesta Emails | ZeroHedge
- East Vs. West Division Is About The Dollar - Not Nuclear War | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria Slashes Oil Prices, Admits There Is A "Huge" Cargo Glut | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Foundation Insider Makes Stunning Admission: "Bill Is Far More Conflicted Every Single Day" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A top Hillary Clinton campaign aide called Bernie Sanders a '... | Business Insider
- Tesla picked an odd Rolling Stones song for its latest Autopilot video... | Business Insider
- Group accused of Kansas bomb plot were reportedly turned... | Business Insider
- Nintendo tumbles after announcing its new gaming system | Business Insider
- Animated map shows Clinton has a commanding... | Business Insider
- THE DIGITAL REMITTANCE REPORT: The new platforms... | Business Insider
- Meet the top 100 business visionaries creating value for the world | Business Insider