Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Snugs, Signals Banks Should Get Used to It | ZeroHedge
- Bankers: Do not Pass GO, Do Not Collect millions and Go Directly to Jail! | ZeroHedge
- Potential Squeezers | iBankCoin.com
- "A Classic Minsky Trap Appears To Have Developed" | ZeroHedge
- Poll Results | iBankCoin.com
- WHY I’M NOT RUNNING FOR CONGRESS | Altucher Confidential
- "Tomorrow Is The Big Day" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Starcom CEO's Personal Stake In IPO Shows The Ad Industry Doesn't... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Mysterious Steve Jobs Emails Hang Over Apple Trial | Business Insider
- Your Ultimate Preview For The Most Anticipated Fed Announcement In A Long Time | Business Insider
- We'll Get One Last Unconventional Economic Indicator Before Tomorrow's Fed... | Business Insider
- SoftBank's Massive $21.6 Billion... | Business Insider
- 6 Laws From 'Lord Of The Rings' | Business Insider