Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- A Force For Good? | ZeroHedge
- Introducing the Military-Industrial-Elementary School Complex | ZeroHedge
- Secret Truth Revealed about THE REAL DEBATE | ZeroHedge
- Dennis Gartman Is "Only Very Slightly Net Long" | ZeroHedge
- $356 Billion Fund Manager: "Now Is The Most Treacherous Time Ever. I've Never Seen This In My Career" | ZeroHedge
- The Global Housing Bubble Is Biggest In These Six Cities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- West Elm is betting that hotels are the future of furniture shopping | Business Insider
- Snapchat filters were the real winners of the first Trump-Clinton debate | Business Insider
- The firms which trade stocks for mom and pop have a $22... | Business Insider
- Obama: Arnold Palmer 'was the American Dream come to life' | Business Insider
- Ex-Bill Clinton mistress accepts Trump's invitation... | Business Insider
- What doctors can tell about your health just by... | Business Insider
- Hollywood doesn’t like women over 30 — and more findings on gender from a... | Business Insider