Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GMO Shows Why BTFD In Small Caps Is Dead (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Bloodmoon Meltdown | iBankCoin.com
- Whatever It Takes 2.0? | Financial Sense
- Why IBM Is Tumbling: BRIC Sales Plunge, Total Revenue Lowest Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- March CPI Higher Than Expected, Driven By 16.4% Annual Spike In Utilities, Increase In Shelter Index | ZeroHedge
- Homebuilder Confidence Misses For 4th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- The Number 1 Reason Why I Am Not Selling Here | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How James Patterson Sells More Books Than J.K.... | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- 15 Vintage Pictures Of Los Angeles When It Was Still A Beachside Village | Business Insider
- Uber's NYC Manager Defends Taxi Driver Who Ditched Passenger For An Uber Client... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Vladimir Putin Wants The International Community To Condemn Ukraine | Business Insider