Covered Call Picks (VVUS,DNDN,SHLD,FSLR,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|SHLD||Sears Holdings Corp||54.9||55||4.8||8.70%||Mar-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||39.7||40||3.4||8.60%||Mar-12|
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $11.18. Its 52 week range is between $6 and $13.18.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $14.49. Its 52 week range is between $6.46 and $43.96.
Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) is currently trading at $54.86. Its 52 week range is between $28.89 and $94.79.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $39.71. Its 52 week range is $29.87 and $175.45.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $68.69. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is The NIRP "Doom Loop" That Threatens To Wipeout Banks And The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- Should You Buy "Falling Knives" | ZeroHedge
- Federal Reserve to Test Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- "We Are In A New Cold War": Russia PM Delivers Stark Warning To NATO | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 12, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- GOLD Breaks Its Multi-Year Downtrend: The Asian Connection | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the 16 best family cars for 2016 | Business Insider
- Why a die-hard mechanical watch lover... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Antonin Scalia was 'one of the best of all time' | Business Insider
- Gravitational waves will unlock these 'revolutionary' secrets of the... | Business Insider
- ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán is willing to testify on behalf of Kate del Castillo... | Business Insider
- Turkey and Saudi Arabia could launch an 'anti-IS... | Business Insider
- How to touch someone, according to science | Business Insider