Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Administration Begins Quiet Preparations For Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Give "All Clear" To BTFD If French Election Upsets Market | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood: Left Prepares For War After Berkeley Beat Down With "Combat Training, Better Equipment, Guns..." | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- Confronting Russophobia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PENCE: A peaceful outcome for the Korean peninsula is still... | Business Insider
- DHS head John Kelly says the US is not... | Business Insider
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and... | Business Insider
- 21 things you should never say when you meet someone new | Business Insider
- The anonymous writer of a famous story about buying a private jet... | Business Insider
- 'Eventually … but at a later date … in some form': Trump says Mexico will still... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis describes some of Europe's refugee centers as... | Business Insider