Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spot The Turkey - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Has Moved to Scandinavia | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Delivers A Statement On The Ferguson Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Scorching Demand For 5 Year Treasurys: Indirect Bid Highest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Grant Williams: The Consequences Of Economic Peace | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Black Friday Deals In Tech | Business Insider
- Pending Home Sales Tumble In October (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, XHB) | Business Insider
- Darren Wilson Says He Has A 'Clean... | Business Insider
- Meet Michele Flournoy, A Leading Candidate To Lead The... | Business Insider
- Apple Is Being Pressured To 'Set A... | Business Insider
- Richard Sherman Rips NFL In Masterful Press Conference Puppet Show | Business Insider
- Celebrities Show Off Their Beats In Apple's New Ad (AAPL) | Business Insider