Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chief Of Russian Air Force Accuses Turkey Of Coordinated Ambush On Downed Jet | ZeroHedge
- The True Meaning Of Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Will Low Oil Prices Increase Internal Instability In Conflict Countries? | ZeroHedge
- Black Friday Stock Sale Dip-Buyers Ignore China, Credit, Commodity Carnage | ZeroHedge
- Even The Rally In Large Caps Is Narrowing | ZeroHedge
- Overheard At The Trumpsgiving Day Parade | ZeroHedge
- Why The Obamacare Exchanges Are Failing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new documentary blows the lid off the shady underpinning of the Taser industry | Business Insider
- Apple's Beats has splurged out for a sponsored Snapchat Lens this Black Friday (... | Business Insider
- Fury slightly heavier than Klitschko ahead of bout | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Brady says despite no matchup, he still respects Peyton | Business Insider
- Putin criticizes Turkey for not apologizing for jet... | Business Insider
- Missouri Planned Parenthood says legal action likely | Business Insider