Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Feeding Off the Big $CAT Today | iBankCoin.com
- Wall Street Is One Sick Puppy - Thanks To Even Sicker Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- It’s Important that You Retain This Information | iBankCoin.com
- This Is How Caterpillar Just Blew Away Q3 Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Spot The "Broken Market" Day | ZeroHedge
- EXCLUSIVE: Was Ebola Accidentally Released from a Bioweapons Lab In West Africa? | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How We Paid Off Over $20,000 Of Credit Card Debt In 14 Months | Business Insider
- Australia hit back after Pakistan's 454 in first Test | Business Insider
- The Milwaukee Bucks Fooled An Entire Defense With A Fake Timeout And Got An... | Business Insider
- An Executive Coach Explains How To Master Office Politics To Rise Through The Ranks | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- It Only Took 2 Months For Silicon Valley's 'Youngest VC' To... | Business Insider
- Canada shooter planned to go to Syria: police | Business Insider