Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homeland Security Staff Suddenly "Locked Out" Of Computer Networks | ZeroHedge
- How Many Euro Crises Will This Make? It's Getting Hard To Keep Track | ZeroHedge
- Direct Bid Surges In Strong 2 Year Auction, Bid To Cover Highest Since August | ZeroHedge
- "Privacy Experts" Blast John Kelly Proposal For Immigrants To Turn Over Social Media Passwords | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Israeli Soldier Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison For Killing Wounded Palestinian Assailant | ZeroHedge
- France's Muslim Demographic Future | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The damage done when corals die is even worse than scientists previously... | Business Insider
- Uber engineer responds to sexism scandal: 'This is everyone's... | Business Insider
- 5 ways to be more persuasive, from a communication expert who's coached over 3,000... | Business Insider
- Sneaky airline fees are getting worse, but this popular travel app... | Business Insider
- Families say homeopathic remedies harmed hundreds of... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- Snapchat has a huge problem with Android, and it's... | Business Insider