Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Melt Up Is Upon Us | iBankCoin.com
- Pending Home Sales Drop YoY For 10th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Here Come The Q3 GDP Downgrades... | ZeroHedge
- It All Comes Down to the Leaders | iBankCoin.com
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Ferguson Is The Flash-Point In The Cycle Of War" | ZeroHedge
- SCeNe FRoM AMeRiCaN JiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Which Stood Out on Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 30 Award-Winning Photos Of Nature Taken By Scientists | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Judge To Oracle: SAP Doesn't Have To Pay $1.3 Billion For Stealing Your Software... | Business Insider
- FACEBOOK: Social Media Doesn't Actually Stifle People's Opinions (FB) | Business Insider
- USC Football Player Quits Team, Calls Coach A Racist In Instagram Post | Business Insider
- ALBERT EDWARDS: THE BUYBACK BONANZA IS ENDING AND THE STOCK MARKET BUBBLE IS... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com