Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Prison Of Peoples - France's Le Pen Calls For European 'Spring' | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Hedge Funds "Showing Signs Of Capitulation" After 4-Sigma Move In High Beta Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rebound, US Futures Jump On Expectation Of "Coordinated Intervention By Central Banks" | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders: The World Is Rejecting Globalization | ZeroHedge
- The "Synergies" Arrive: Dow Fires 2,500 | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 173 – Kevin Kelly: One Rule for Predicting What You Never Saw Coming… | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the pro baseball player who scored a $2 million signing... | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia's oil reserves could be the answer to higher oil prices... | Business Insider
- There are only 13 episodes left of 'Game of Thrones' — but that could... | Business Insider
- Trump comments on Istanbul attack, says US must keep 'horrible terrorism outside... | Business Insider
- Why Lena Dunham thinks Kanye's new video is 'disturbing... | Business Insider
- Legendary college basketball coach Pat Summitt has died at 64 | Business Insider
- 6 basic skills any excellent manager should have | Business Insider